Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Belfry 11/12
(11-07-2021, 11:39 AM)WinkWinkler Wrote: Best Lawrence County team ever. Should be a tossup.

They would need Michael West to win this one.
(11-08-2021, 08:12 AM)Senters93 Wrote: Be nice for some better announcers for this game! The last belfry game you couldnt understand hardly anything lc was putting up, only biased commentators will do that!!
Imo D&D is the best in the tri state
Belfry has some of the least biased announcers anywhere.  They call what they see.  I hope Dre Young is back considering this is the game he was cheap shotted and injured his knee.  BTW, if you want to announce for LC have at it since they have no radio.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bucslover68's post:
  • Hurricane Storm
(11-09-2021, 02:16 AM)bucslover68 Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 08:12 AM)Senters93 Wrote: Be nice for some better announcers for this game! The last belfry game you couldnt understand hardly anything lc was putting up, only biased commentators will do that!!
Belfry has some of the least biased announcers anywhere.  They call what they see.  I hope Dre Young is back considering this is the game he was cheap shotted and injured his knee.  BTW, if you want to announce for LC have at it since they have no radio.
No point in arguing with these people. Same people that tried to justify the black in the earlier game. We have the best radio crew in the state, some people just don’t know proper football I guess.

As long as I know the result of a play, down and distance, the score and the time remaining, I don't care if the home broadcast team is bias.  If I wanted to form my own opinion bad enough, I'd go to the game.  D&D are good for what they are, but if there are multiple broadcasts of a single game (such as MyTown or WPRG), I typically prefer the other broadcasts.  D&D are bad for zooming in too far and keeping it there rather than giving me a good feel for the "all 22" view that I prefer to be able to see formation and alignments.
(11-09-2021, 10:46 AM)Wildcat45 Wrote:

As long as I know the result of a play, down and distance, the score and the time remaining, I don't care if the home broadcast team is bias.  If I wanted to form my own opinion bad enough, I'd go to the game.  D&D are good for what they are, but if there are multiple broadcasts of a single game (such as MyTown or WPRG), I typically prefer the other broadcasts.  D&D are bad for zooming in too far and keeping it there rather than giving me a good feel for the "all 22" view that I prefer to be able to see formation and alignments.
There is no comparison between our broadcasters and D&D. It’s an absolute joke that anybody would even consider D&D broadcasters.
Why shouldn't commentators be biased?? They surely are on the professional level.

My brother used to do color commentating for HC. AND if one of his grandsons was running for a TD, you couldn't understand a word he said because he was jumping up and down and screaming like a crazy person.

I know Belfry's commentators personally and they are fact based; NOT biased at all IMO. But if they were, I wouldn't mind.

You want biased??? Try the music player at Johnson Central!!!
(11-09-2021, 11:26 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Why shouldn't commentators be biased??  They surely are on the professional level.

My brother used to do color commentating for HC.  AND if one of his grandsons was running for a TD, you couldn't understand a word he said because he was jumping up and down and screaming like a crazy person.

I know Belfry's commentators personally and they are fact based; NOT biased at all IMO.  But if they were, I wouldn't mind.

You want biased???  Try the music player at Johnson Central!!!

LOL at music player. I wonder if he still has the volume wide open.
(11-09-2021, 11:26 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Why shouldn't commentators be biased??  They surely are on the professional level.

My brother used to do color commentating for HC.  AND if one of his grandsons was running for a TD, you couldn't understand a word he said because he was jumping up and down and screaming like a crazy person.

I know Belfry's commentators personally and they are fact based; NOT biased at all IMO.  But if they were, I wouldn't mind.

I would expect the Belfry radio crew to be biased. LC needs our own broadcast.

(11-09-2021, 02:03 PM)LCfootball Wrote:

I would expect the Belfry radio crew to be biased. LC needs our own broadcast.
IMO I thought they did a pretty good job the last game.
Home radio crews are home radio crews. Most do an honest job of giving the listener what is going on in the contest.
Belfry’s is not much different in that respect.
(11-10-2021, 12:25 AM)Brutus Wrote: Home radio crews are home radio crews. Most do an honest job of giving the listener what is going on in the contest.
Belfry’s is not much different in that respect.

Et tu Brute? Mas agua por favor.
Welp you had a good season LC…
Belfry - 49
LC - 28