Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Christian 35 Boyle 28 Final
(08-29-2021, 02:26 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Anyone who didn't give LCA a shot obviously didn't pay attention to Boyle and Tates Creek. This isn't the same Boyle County team. They are missing something. They have a long ways to go.
Yep. That’s what I was kinda basing my opinion on it. Plus the loss of Hester. Look I love haddix. Hated to see him go. And there aren’t to many offensive minds that I’d take over him. But when it comes to the other side of the ball he just don’t have it. It was evident at his previous job, it could be evident here as well. But I’m rooting for him against everyone team but one. But if he does get a solid D, his teams are a force. His offense is hard to stop.
(08-29-2021, 04:05 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Boyle’s new DC was a QB coach at Boyle my son’s freshman year not sure how they expected a former QB coach to replace Jeff Hester!!!

A lot of coaches coach out of position when they first get to a new team. Especially when it's a loaded staff. Travis Burns was a very good LB who played at EKU. He's a good coach. I don't know why anyone would expect him to be at the level of a defensive coach with the experience that Hester had. He's a good coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Hatz
You guys ever think that Boyle lost a lot of good players? LCA is loaded this year and will probably win thier class. Boyle may drop a game here and there but they will be there in the end when it counts. Them, Corbin, Franklin, and Johnson Central again. Final 4. Anything can happen then. Id give Boyle the advatage because Jagger Gillis knows how to win big games and so does Coach Haddix. Id say Justin has a lot more cards to throw down come playoff time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Watching the game against LCA, the other day I found it interesting that Gillis and Jackson Smith were playing linebacker. I am sure they are good athletes, just seems odd to have your QB and All-American Kicker at LB.

One more thought, Cole Lanter is a really good HS player. Kid does well on both sides of the ball. Fun to watch.