Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
#4 Corbin @ Whitley County 8/27
(08-23-2021, 02:49 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 01:42 PM)Colonel Fan Wrote: Well maybe if we recruited the top athletes from 5 schools it would be a closer game!!!! Yeah I said it RECRUIT!!!!!! Anyone that knows anything knows Corbin recruits more then any college around here. And somehow everyone is deemed eligible. All I can say is the pockets are deep in Corbin.

Listen point blank, my kids go to bell and Corbin has our best running back from last year. Does it annoy me? Absolutely! But, that said they are kids and being where they are happy is what I would consider most important. Also, if your program does things the right way you don't really have to recruit the right kids just kind of come to you. It's happened at Bell before and will happen at Bell again at some point I'm sure. It's just the nature of things. Key thing I said there too was the "right" kids. Kids that have the skillset and the work ethic generally flock towards successful programs. That's not to say Whitley's Coaches or anyone else coaches aren't doing things the right way, but when people buy in things work out well for your program.

This ain't college. Things don't supposed to work that way in high school. A kid shouldn't transfer to another school because daddy gets free housing. I know the recruiters use free housing a lot to lure recruits in. if you tell me they don't you're a liar. lol
(08-23-2021, 04:26 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 01:42 PM)Colonel Fan Wrote: Well maybe if we recruited the top athletes from 5 schools it would be a closer game!!!! Yeah I said it RECRUIT!!!!!! Anyone that knows anything knows Corbin recruits more then any college around here. And somehow everyone is deemed eligible. All I can say is the pockets are deep in Corbin.
I’m sure Whitley doesn’t have any city kids from Williamsburg. Haha. You don’t have to recruit when you have a successful program. Kids want to come there. It’s always the same ole excuse. But you never hear about the Corbin kids who went to Whitley or other schools. Because that wouldn’t fit the narrative would it? 

Listen point blank, my kids go to bell and Corbin has our best running back from last year. Does it annoy me? Absolutely! But, that said they are kids and being where they are happy is what I would consider most important. Also, if your program does things the right way you don't really have to recruit the right kids just kind of come to you. It's happened at Bell before and will happen at Bell again at some point I'm sure. It's just the nature of things. Key thing I said there too was the "right" kids. Kids that have the skillset and the work ethic generally flock towards successful programs. That's not to say Whitley's Coaches or anyone else coaches aren't doing things the right way, but when people buy in things work out well for your program.
I get your point. But like you said, kids want to go where they feel they could be most successful. I remember a QB a few years back that transferred to Bell. I’m fine with it. If that’s what he wants, than that’s what he wants. People (not referring to you) aren’t gonna stop kids from moving around. If other schools want kids to go there, give them an incentive, good program. Good education. Etc. 
(08-23-2021, 03:38 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: My thing is no county school or city school should be aloud to recruit regardless. Yea if you legitimately move in to the city limits or in the county for job purposes or what have you and you enroll your kid there then fine but to move your kid there for the sole purposes of athletics shouldn’t be aloud. There are reasons why high school like Trinity charge tuition and can recruit but this should not happen at the county and city levels it just shouldn’t regardless of who coaches or what the name of the school is it just shouldn’t happen
Corbin is an independent school system. And we do charge Tuitions to those who live outside our school district where an agreement isn’t in place. You throw out a lot of implying questions, who around here is recruiting? Now you have to back that up with some semblance of proof. And also, your 2nd sentence. If that’s how you feel, that’s fine I’m not arguing that, but how are you going to prove their motives?

You know snakes cover everything up and make it hard to prove. Smile
(08-23-2021, 06:17 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin , Its hilarious how such bad choices and decades of nepotism are spun to be placed on the shoulders of Corbin.  There are more than enough kids walking the hallways at Whitley Co that this game could be competitive yet they won’t play because of the constant politics, maybe Siler’s got a nephew or cousin somewhere he can name recruiting coordinator, won’t help but it’s another job for the never ending abuse of school resources…

(08-23-2021, 03:38 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: My thing is no county school or city school should be aloud to recruit regardless. Yea if you legitimately move in to the city limits or in the county for job purposes or what have you and you enroll your kid there then fine but to move your kid there for the sole purposes of athletics shouldn’t be aloud. There are reasons why high school like Trinity charge tuition and can recruit but this should not happen at the county and city levels it just shouldn’t regardless of who coaches or what the name of the school is it just shouldn’t happen

Undecided The Larkeys never recruited at Rockcastle?  Please they had kids from Pulaski all the way up to Berea driving in.  Tom was one hell of a coach no one can deny that, but he didn’t just sprinkle pixie dust on those kids and get them to grow to the size they were along those offensive and defensive lines.  He left and the kids stopped coming right?  Now the Rock’s sole aspiration is to win district, only problem is Bell still has Dudley and he’ll get the last laugh this year too.

He’s a great talent and a terrific kid, I can completely understand why you all hate to see him here.

I fully agree with you on the nepotism, but that doesn't give you permission to recruit.
(08-23-2021, 08:16 PM)Colonel Fan Wrote: I am just so sick of hearing about how good Corbin is. They should be they have kids spanning from Williamsburg to Corbin to Bell County to Knox County to Laurel County. If everybody went to the school in their district maybe things would be a little different and games would be more competitive. Yes we’ve lost kids to Corbin and we’ve lost kids to Williamsburg this year it has nothing to do with the group of coaches that we have now. Good old Coach Irwin ran them off.And as far as Mr. Siler goes he is the one that is trying to get away from the good old boy and the nepotism that Whitley County is known for.

They don't really have anything to brag about when they beat you with your own players.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • TD Hounds
(08-23-2021, 08:16 PM)Colonel Fan Wrote: I am just so sick of hearing about how good Corbin is. They should be they have kids spanning from Williamsburg to Corbin to Bell County to Knox County to Laurel County. If everybody went to the school in their district maybe things would be a little different and games would be more competitive. Yes we’ve lost kids to Corbin and we’ve lost kids to Williamsburg this year it has nothing to do with the group of coaches that we have now. Good old Coach Irwin ran them off.And as far as Mr. Siler goes he is the one that is trying to get away from the good old boy and the nepotism that Whitley County is known for.

They don't really have anything to brag about when they beat you with your own players.
(08-23-2021, 08:49 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 02:32 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

You're gonna trigger some flea bags.lol

Big Grin Big Grin  Big Grin  I thought that was your job

I'm working on it. lol
(08-23-2021, 09:40 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I’ll invite you to sit with me at this Whitley game. I’ll buy.

I hope I get to be there
  • Bull got out!
(08-23-2021, 10:23 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Never gonna change, I’ve seen it play out way to many times.  Kid at unnamed school never touches the field and isn’t getting developed decides he’s had enough and transfers to Corbin.  Gets coached and developed, ends up being a star and one of the better players on Corbin’s team, loved by the whole community.  Unnamed school who said he wasn’t any good then starts whining if they had all their kids things would be different for their program, if only kids would stay at the school in their district.  Fortunately the Kentucky legislature sees things differently, for those that didn’t know they recently passed statues that allow parents to take kids wherever they want, and in my opinion if your not footing the bill for their kids, it’s none of your business where they live or where they decide to send them to school.

I've seen several well developed Colonels go to Corbin. Don't make excuses. lol
  • Colonel Fan
(08-23-2021, 11:32 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 11:17 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: I’m not pointing fingers at Corbin the state doesn’t revolve around the red hounds like most on here would like to think. In my scenario no school was exempt I stated clearly that this should apply to all schools and districts unless recruiting is clearly stated usually by requiring tuition for all like private schools do. This small town politics goes on all across the state from Corbin to Danville/Boyle your Lexington schools Fredrick Douglas now Great Crossings in Scott county but it shouldn’t happen unless you have legitimate reasons like your mom or dad had to relocate for a job or family emergency occur your grandma left you their farm in their will all paid for and you were struggling in an apartment two counties over some type of logical scenario and not just moving due to an advantage for a team sport. For some reason all these big time programs tend to  have a problem with this occurring because they know that it levels the playing field for all those involved and their “Big advantage “ goes away in my scenario let’s be honest the education of the kids is not what is important to these areas no where near as important as that big W on Friday night on the football field the system uses up the talented athlete who let’s be honest usually doesn’t even go on to play college ball anyway and just become a foot note for yester-years big time story told at our local pubs that go “do you remember 5 years ago when so an so had that awesome play that beat our rival?” We all have told those stories at some point or fast forward 15 years and said athlete ends up on this forum chatting it up about the big game coming up lol but we all know small town politics are hard to stomp out in rural ky

I don’t see you posting this stuff on everybody else threads? You just so happened to pick Corbin. WOW. Sounds like to me you need to run for commissioner. Take these issues up with them. I personally don’t care what a reason is for a family to determine where they want to live or there kid play. Care less. There’s a lot more issues in the world that I’m more concerned about at the moment than what Suzy or Bobby is doing. I would highly recommend you to post this on every teams threads since are so concerned with it and everyone else team. I remember Rockcastle winning, but I’m not going to try to figure out a reason to take away from it. Awesome times for that program. But I’m sure there was no help. Hard work. XsOs.

Last time I checked this was a Redhounds thread, I don’t think this thread determines anything for the whole state. Especially revolving around anything. Your the one getting on here complaining. Let’s see a Rockcastle person, Bell person , I understand the Whitley complaints, when your about to get your hide tanned, your going to whine, I don’t know how a Rockcastle fan and a Bell fan started whining on here about recruiting, are you guys ok, I mean I’ll talk to you over a cup of coffee or soup beans or something. I guess when your program isn’t where you want it to be, Corbin is the place to be. Sounds familiar doesn’t it?
I want some fried taters with my beans.
(08-23-2021, 11:32 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 11:17 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: I’m not pointing fingers at Corbin the state doesn’t revolve around the red hounds like most on here would like to think. In my scenario no school was exempt I stated clearly that this should apply to all schools and districts unless recruiting is clearly stated usually by requiring tuition for all like private schools do. This small town politics goes on all across the state from Corbin to Danville/Boyle your Lexington schools Fredrick Douglas now Great Crossings in Scott county but it shouldn’t happen unless you have legitimate reasons like your mom or dad had to relocate for a job or family emergency occur your grandma left you their farm in their will all paid for and you were struggling in an apartment two counties over some type of logical scenario and not just moving due to an advantage for a team sport. For some reason all these big time programs tend to  have a problem with this occurring because they know that it levels the playing field for all those involved and their “Big advantage “ goes away in my scenario let’s be honest the education of the kids is not what is important to these areas no where near as important as that big W on Friday night on the football field the system uses up the talented athlete who let’s be honest usually doesn’t even go on to play college ball anyway and just become a foot note for yester-years big time story told at our local pubs that go “do you remember 5 years ago when so an so had that awesome play that beat our rival?” We all have told those stories at some point or fast forward 15 years and said athlete ends up on this forum chatting it up about the big game coming up lol but we all know small town politics are hard to stomp out in rural ky

I don’t see you posting this stuff on everybody else threads? You just so happened to pick Corbin. WOW. Sounds like to me you need to run for commissioner. Take these issues up with them. I personally don’t care what a reason is for a family to determine where they want to live or there kid play. Care less. There’s a lot more issues in the world that I’m more concerned about at the moment than what Suzy or Bobby is doing. I would highly recommend you to post this on every teams threads since are so concerned with it and everyone else team. I remember Rockcastle winning, but I’m not going to try to figure out a reason to take away from it. Awesome times for that program. But I’m sure there was no help. Hard work. XsOs.

Last time I checked this was a Redhounds thread, I don’t think this thread determines anything for the whole state. Especially revolving around anything. Your the one getting on here complaining. Let’s see a Rockcastle person, Bell person , I understand the Whitley complaints, when your about to get your hide tanned, your going to whine, I don’t know how a Rockcastle fan and a Bell fan started whining on here about recruiting, are you guys ok, I mean I’ll talk to you over a cup of coffee or soup beans or something. I guess when your program isn’t where you want it to be, Corbin is the place to be. Sounds familiar doesn’t it?
I want some fried taters with my soup beans.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • 606CATS, Bull got out!
(08-24-2021, 12:05 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 02:19 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 01:56 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 11:07 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: heard you all got one of ours too .. gonna be a rough year on log mountain

I hadn’t heard that but been out of the loop trying to salvage my business through all this extended COVID crap.  I’d never count Dudley out, he may lose one and 3 more game changers show up the next day.

need to grab a few from harlan county .. sorry granny

What’s the word I’m looking for oh yeah, Hypocrite…

Whitley County loses kids to Bell County too. No wonder they have to deal with a depleted roster. lol
Deleted

(08-23-2021, 09:26 PM)Colonel Fan Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 08:16 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: what about when the coaches use their players accounts to recruit other kids .. is that legal ..?  word is that’s how they are getting players .
Players accounts and getting parents to make calls. Whatever works. It happens I have seen it first hand. Sad thing is it’s never going to change until KHSSA steps in and does something.

What kids are actually “yours” pj, didn’t know we recruited you over. I hadn’t seen you at any games this year, but glad you finally came over.
Kids who live in the Corbin district play for other schools as well. I live in the Corbin school district and know kids from my neighborhood who have played multiple sports for Williamsburg, Lynn Camp and yes, even Whitley Co. Are there more who go to Corbin and Williamsburg from Whitley's district than vice versa? I'm sure there are, but there are various reasons why.
I find this whole thread pure comedy. So because certain schools are successful they recruit? Well, the county has way more resources than Corbin or Williamsburg so why don’t they use them to attract better talent? Because that would require effort and using those resources to better the programs. That might mean someone loses their made up stipend or job title. It’s easier to just whine and point fingers. Kids are attracted to Corbin because what they offer academically and athletically, collectively. Wonder why all the area teachers want to teach at Corbin? So does Corbin recruit teachers too? No they want to go there because it’s a better school system. That’s why doctors and lawyers when they move in take their kids to Corbin. If it’s recruiting as you say, then get off your high horse and start doing it too. County has way more money and resources to be mediocre. Some of these parents have been burned by bad politics and bad leadership when they were in school and don’t want that for their kids.
[-] The following 3 users Like FormerJacket72's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05, TD Hounds
It’s like clock work every year around the time for this game. There’s prolly at least a couple hundred kids at Corbin out of district that don’t play sports but you never hear them brought up. It’s always recruiting, rent houses, contacting kids and parents…What will this be 21 or 22 wins in a row over Whitley. I guess with that head to head record I’d come up with all the excuses I could too.
I finally just stopped reading this circular posts. If ADULTS really care about these KIDS, then they’d want them to succeed. In order for some to do that, they have to move into a better environment for them. It’s a mutually beneficial relationship between students and school. There’s no other way around it. You either care or you don’t. If you don’t then why are you on here complaining about it? I wouldn’t mind if every kid we have went to Lynn camp if they felt it was the right move for them. And we’ve kids do it. Bottom line, I think most of you do care to a point, not entirely because if you did you’d go by what I said above. It boils down to jealousy and laziness. Other programs don’t want to put in the work. Point blank. Every school around here has the same opportunity. But people just want it handed to them
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-24-2021, 01:54 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Undecided

(08-24-2021, 02:02 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 10:23 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Never gonna change, I’ve seen it play out way to many times.  Kid at unnamed school never touches the field and isn’t getting developed decides he’s had enough and transfers to Corbin.  Gets coached and developed, ends up being a star and one of the better players on Corbin’s team, loved by the whole community.  Unnamed school who said he wasn’t any good then starts whining if they had all their kids things would be different for their program, if only kids would stay at the school in their district.  Fortunately the Kentucky legislature sees things differently, for those that didn’t know they recently passed statues that allow parents to take kids wherever they want, and in my opinion if your not footing the bill for their kids, it’s none of your business where they live or where they decide to send them to school.

I wasn’t  just referring to Whitley and yes we’ve had kids that showed up who where more than developed but we’ve had just as many show up who where phenomenal athletes, yet they didn’t have the right last name at the previous school.  Everyone at the county was ready to get rid of Chappel after a large senior class graduated and a couple rough seasons followed, but the kids there loved him, seemed there was a sense of stability (except when a certain higher up got involved), and the roster numbers have done nothing but declined since he was let go.  You can’t cherry pick and blame Corbin when coaches are leaving every 3 to 4 years, kids and parents see it and the ineptitude behind it, they don’t want to be a part of the dumpster fire and leave.  You can’t have it both ways…

Did you have the same opinion when Rockastle was pulling kids from Laurel /Pulaski all the way up to Richmond?
(08-24-2021, 05:50 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

I wasn’t  just referring to Whitley and yes we’ve had kids that showed up who where more than developed but we’ve had just as many show up who where phenomenal athletes, yet they didn’t have the right last name at the previous school.  Everyone at the county was ready to get rid of Chappel after a large senior class graduated and a couple rough seasons followed, but the kids there loved him, seemed there was a sense of stability (except when a certain higher up got involved), and the roster numbers have done nothing but declined since he was let go.  You can’t cherry pick and blame Corbin when coaches are leaving every 3 to 4 years, kids and parents see it and the ineptitude behind it, they don’t want to be a part of the dumpster fire and leave.  You can’t have it both ways…

Did you have the same opinion when Rockastle was pulling kids from Laurel /Pulaski all the way up to Richmond?

i don’t quiet get where you don’t understand I don’t agree with it period! Not even when or if Rockcastle done it. I grew up around that same group your referring to. That back to back state championship teams were home grown boys that all grew up here and went from elementary school all thru high school together most still live here this day. The Anderkins ran local new paper for decades their mom worked for the school. The leger’s have been farmers and still are to this day right here in the county. Now his boy is a freshman this year for rock. The Abneys,hurst,dennys,Taylor’s all the same way local grown talent that played together from peewee we all knew those were going to be great years I was growing up right along with them boys they never moved in here or came from anywhere regardless what you have been told. But for hypothetical reasonings if they were recruited in here I don’t condone that regardless if it’s my home team or not.
(08-24-2021, 06:24 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote:

i don’t quiet get where you don’t understand I don’t agree with it period! Not even when or if Rockcastle done it. I grew up around that same group your referring to. That back to back state championship teams were home grown boys that all grew up here and went from elementary school all thru high school together most still live here this day. The Anderkins ran local new paper for decades their mom worked for the school. The leger’s have been farmers and still are to this day right here in the county. Now his boy is a freshman this year for rock. The Abneys,hurst,dennys,Taylor’s all the same way local grown talent that played together from peewee we all knew those were going to be great years I was growing up right along with them boys they never moved in here or came from anywhere regardless what you have been told. But for hypothetical reasonings if they were recruited in here I don’t condone that regardless if it’s my home team or not.

Hahahahahaha yeah sure, tell it to someone else that done know any better…
(08-24-2021, 06:38 PM)I TD Hounds Wrote:

Believe whatever you want I know I played ball with those players as we all GREW up together all through elementary playing on the front lawn out beside the elementary school and then middle school flag football on field days during school and testing at end of the year. I don’t have to convince anyone because those in the area know it’s true they seen it or took place in it with all of us. But just keep pushing your narrative that recruiting high school kids is good for everyone when in reality it only benefits the school doing it but Corbin football is no better then alot of other high schools it’s only been what 30 years since you actually won the big one? If I recruited that hard and still couldn’t win at least to the level of Boyle county I wouldn’t even be supporting recruiting. Yea I know Rockcastle hasn’t got a championship in football may never get there either but at least we’re home grown local boys no wait to hear you tell it we’re recruited from Richmond yet our last good qb was the coaches son.
A young man came to Corbin in the early 2000s from Laurel Co that said your Sainted Larkey had offered to pick him up and bring him home every day if he’d come to the Rock… Is that recruiting well it’s according to how you look at it cause the kid wasn’t staying in Laurel Co. As I said before Corbin has at least 200 kids or more that don’t play sports from other districts, we have reciprocal agreements with both Knox and Whitley whether they care to admit it or not. It’s not your decision, your not their parents so your opinion doesn’t matter, it’s just that your opinion. The whole charade of being so benevolent about kids playing out of district is laughable, the only reason it bothers you is pure and simple Corbin hate, at least quit trying to spin it into something else and admit it, cause the kids that go out of district that don’t play sports you homers could care less about. And no I don’t believe you cause I know better, the Rock was clicking back then had a very successful program and kids that wanted to win, where coming there to play plain and simple, I never stated that Rock was recruiting just that you all where getting players, it’s the same thing that’s happening at Corbin right now and it chaps your sweet little rear end.
I believe this one will get ugly. The Hounds will try to embaress the home team, in my opinion. Will they...

Corbin 55
Whitney 12
(08-24-2021, 06:51 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 06:38 PM)I TD Hounds Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 01:54 AM)pjdoug Wrote: They don't really have anything to brag about when they beat you with your own players.

(08-24-2021, 02:02 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I've seen several well developed Colonels go to Corbin. Don't make excuses. lol

Believe whatever you want I know I played ball with those players as we all GREW up together all through elementary playing on the front lawn out beside the elementary school and then middle school flag football on field days during school and testing at end of the year. I don’t have to convince anyone because those in the area know it’s true they seen it or took place in it with all of us. But just keep pushing your narrative that recruiting high school kids is good for everyone when in reality it only benefits the school doing it but Corbin football is no better then alot of other high schools it’s only been what 30 years since you actually won the big one? If I recruited that hard and still couldn’t win at least to the level of Boyle county I wouldn’t even be supporting recruiting. Yea I know Rockcastle hasn’t got a championship in football may never get there either but at least we’re home grown local boys no wait to hear you tell it we’re recruited from Richmond yet our last good qb was the coaches son.
Ughhh?? We’re 1-1 with Boyle modern times. Hahah. I’d sAy winning percentage is about the same. Do they have more titles? Yea. While that is the goal, that doesn’t necessarily define a program. Heck Cal has won one for UK. But our progeam
is still top notch. And you still claim we are recruiting. Please provide some facts at least. Their may be a few in corbin with some pull. But nobody has the reach too control the KHSAA or judges. If we were in fact recruiting along with other schools. There would be evidence and proof. Face it. Every top level program has kids coming to it. Please name a top level program that doesn’t? But it doesn’t mean recruiting. It’s the same ole song an dance. I see why kids are entitled now days, parents start crap like this as an excuse for hard work on both players, coaches, and schools.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • TD Hounds
(08-24-2021, 08:05 PM)#55PirateFan Wrote: I believe this one will get ugly. The Hounds will try to embaress the home team, in my opinion. Will they...

Corbin 55
Whitney 12
I do think it might be a tad close for the first quarter. Just emotions and rivalry of it. But talent and depth will start driving the fork in it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • #55PirateFan, pjdoug
(08-24-2021, 09:49 AM)The Outsider Wrote: Kids who live in the Corbin district play for other schools as well.  I live in the Corbin school district and know kids from my neighborhood who have played multiple sports for Williamsburg, Lynn Camp and yes, even Whitley Co.  Are there more who go to Corbin and Williamsburg from Whitley's district than vice versa?  I'm sure there are, but there are various reasons why.
kids are supposed to go to school in the district they live in, not travel 20 miles to Corbin because your "great program" attracts them. lol. Whitley doesn't get kids from Corbin and you know it. Oak Grove and Whitley County Middle School have been Corbin feeder schools for years along with others you can lure from the south end of the county. lol.  Corbin and Williamsburg  having more kids on the roster is not because they want to leave and play for your great NFL programs. I agree things haven't been run right at Whitley and there has been nepotism, but some of you are full of dog s**t when you make excuses and lies up saying you don't recruit Smile
I still like you dirty dawgs even if some of you are full of it but I think this year's team could be hard to beat at the end of the season. Corbin has some big time wins in their history, and I think they'll get another one next week to move to 3-0 .
(08-24-2021, 12:57 PM)Hound05 Wrote: I finally just stopped reading this circular posts. If ADULTS really care about these KIDS, then they’d want them to succeed. In order for some to do that, they have to move into a better environment for them. It’s a mutually beneficial relationship between students and school. There’s no other way around it. You either care or you don’t. If you don’t then why are you on here complaining about it? I wouldn’t mind if every kid we have went to Lynn camp if they felt it was the right move for them. And we’ve kids do it. Bottom line, I think most of you do care to a point, not entirely because if you did you’d go by what I said above. It boils down to jealousy and laziness. Other programs don’t want to put in the work. Point blank. Every school around here has the same opportunity. But people just want it handed to them

You've been brainwashed into thinking everybody hates you. The lazy comment is just dumb. Kids at other schools practice and play their guts out. They don't not win from lack of effort.
(08-24-2021, 11:08 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: It’s like clock work every year around the time for this game.  There’s prolly at least a couple hundred kids at Corbin out of district that don’t play sports but you never hear them brought up.  It’s always recruiting, rent houses, contacting kids and parents…What will this be 21 or 22 wins in a row over Whitley.  I guess with that head to head record I’d come up with all the excuses I could too.
You guys just don't like truth. I can  prove it if you like with witnesses. There's even former Corbin players that will say it's true Smile
You'll be wound tight and ready to pop a spring by Friday. I should give The Colonels a pep talk. lol
(08-24-2021, 08:05 PM)#55PirateFan Wrote: I believe this one will get ugly. The Hounds will try to embaress the home team, in my opinion. Will they...

Corbin 55
Whitney 12

Whitley*  as in William Whitley that invented the first counter-clockwise horse track and horse racing as we know it today. Wiliamsburg  and Whitley County are named after him Smile
  • #55PirateFan