Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
#4 Corbin @ Whitley County 8/27
#4 Corbin rolls across town to face Whitley County

Corbin 56
Whitley 7

I look for Kade Elam to have a big game in this one.  Woah
This will be Pjdoug worst nightmare in 2021. So I’m not going to make a prediction in this one.
However bad Corbin wants it to be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fridaynightfights's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
Corbin 42-7
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
Scarlet Canines - 60
Caucasian Patriarchs - 12
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gitback Coach's post:
  • Hound05
Corbin 28 - Whitley 22
(08-22-2021, 09:08 PM)FallRock Wrote: Corbin 28 - Whitley 22

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Tongue
[-] The following 4 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • 64SUR, Bossdaddy 4115, Bull got out!, Grumpy57
(08-22-2021, 03:25 PM)64SUR Wrote: This will be Pjdoug worst nightmare in 2021.  So I’m not going to make a prediction in this one.

Nope it wouldn’t be right for me not to make a prediction.

Corbin 54
Whitley County 00
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
(08-22-2021, 09:08 PM)FallRock Wrote: Corbin 28 - Whitley 22

You can add the scores together and get Corbin’s 50 and that would leave Whitley 0.

Corbin 50
Whitley 0
[-] The following 2 users Like Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
Well maybe if we recruited the top athletes from 5 schools it would be a closer game!!!! Yeah I said it RECRUIT!!!!!! Anyone that knows anything knows Corbin recruits more then any college around here. And somehow everyone is deemed eligible. All I can say is the pockets are deep in Corbin.
(08-23-2021, 01:42 PM)Colonel Fan Wrote: Well maybe if we recruited the top athletes from 5 schools it would be a closer game!!!! Yeah I said it RECRUIT!!!!!! Anyone that knows anything knows Corbin recruits more then any college around here. And somehow everyone is deemed eligible. All I can say is the pockets are deep in Corbin.

You're gonna trigger some flea bags.lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • TD Hounds
(08-23-2021, 01:42 PM)Colonel Fan Wrote: Well maybe if we recruited the top athletes from 5 schools it would be a closer game!!!! Yeah I said it RECRUIT!!!!!! Anyone that knows anything knows Corbin recruits more then any college around here. And somehow everyone is deemed eligible. All I can say is the pockets are deep in Corbin.

Listen point blank, my kids go to bell and Corbin has our best running back from last year. Does it annoy me? Absolutely! But, that said they are kids and being where they are happy is what I would consider most important. Also, if your program does things the right way you don't really have to recruit the right kids just kind of come to you. It's happened at Bell before and will happen at Bell again at some point I'm sure. It's just the nature of things. Key thing I said there too was the "right" kids. Kids that have the skillset and the work ethic generally flock towards successful programs. That's not to say Whitley's Coaches or anyone else coaches aren't doing things the right way, but when people buy in things work out well for your program.
[-] The following 3 users Like fridaynightfights's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05, TD Hounds
My thing is no county school or city school should be aloud to recruit regardless. Yea if you legitimately move in to the city limits or in the county for job purposes or what have you and you enroll your kid there then fine but to move your kid there for the sole purposes of athletics shouldn’t be aloud. There are reasons why high school like Trinity charge tuition and can recruit but this should not happen at the county and city levels it just shouldn’t regardless of who coaches or what the name of the school is it just shouldn’t happen
(08-23-2021, 02:49 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:

Listen point blank, my kids go to bell and Corbin has our best running back from last year. Does it annoy me? Absolutely! But, that said they are kids and being where they are happy is what I would consider most important. Also, if your program does things the right way you don't really have to recruit the right kids just kind of come to you. It's happened at Bell before and will happen at Bell again at some point I'm sure. It's just the nature of things. Key thing I said there too was the "right" kids. Kids that have the skillset and the work ethic generally flock towards successful programs. That's not to say Whitley's Coaches or anyone else coaches aren't doing things the right way, but when people buy in things work out well for your program.

I appreciate your understanding. I believe the same way you do.

(08-23-2021, 03:38 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: My thing is no county school or city school should be aloud to recruit regardless. Yea if you legitimately move in to the city limits or in the county for job purposes or what have you and you enroll your kid there then fine but to move your kid there for the sole purposes of athletics shouldn’t be aloud. There are reasons why high school like Trinity charge tuition and can recruit but this should not happen at the county and city levels it just shouldn’t regardless of who coaches or what the name of the school is it just shouldn’t happen

You think Rockastle are a bunch of angels.  Big Grin
I’m sure Whitley doesn’t have any city kids from Williamsburg. Haha. You don’t have to recruit when you have a successful program. Kids want to come there. It’s always the same ole excuse. But you never hear about the Corbin kids who went to Whitley or other schools. Because that wouldn’t fit the narrative would it? 

I get your point. But like you said, kids want to go where they feel they could be most successful. I remember a QB a few years back that transferred to Bell. I’m fine with it. If that’s what he wants, than that’s what he wants. People (not referring to you) aren’t gonna stop kids from moving around. If other schools want kids to go there, give them an incentive, good program. Good education. Etc. 
(08-23-2021, 03:38 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: My thing is no county school or city school should be aloud to recruit regardless. Yea if you legitimately move in to the city limits or in the county for job purposes or what have you and you enroll your kid there then fine but to move your kid there for the sole purposes of athletics shouldn’t be aloud. There are reasons why high school like Trinity charge tuition and can recruit but this should not happen at the county and city levels it just shouldn’t regardless of who coaches or what the name of the school is it just shouldn’t happen
Corbin is an independent school system. And we do charge Tuitions to those who live outside our school district where an agreement isn’t in place. You throw out a lot of implying questions, who around here is recruiting? Now you have to back that up with some semblance of proof. And also, your 2nd sentence. If that’s how you feel, that’s fine I’m not arguing that, but how are you going to prove their motives?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
This is a strange series. The much larger school for most of it's history has never won any of the 21 games played between the two and I don't think Whitley had ever scored more than a touchdown in any of those games until two years ago.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin , Its hilarious how such bad choices and decades of nepotism are spun to be placed on the shoulders of Corbin.  There are more than enough kids walking the hallways at Whitley Co that this game could be competitive yet they won’t play because of the constant politics, maybe Siler’s got a nephew or cousin somewhere he can name recruiting coordinator, won’t help but it’s another job for the never ending abuse of school resources…

Undecided The Larkeys never recruited at Rockcastle?  Please they had kids from Pulaski all the way up to Berea driving in.  Tom was one hell of a coach no one can deny that, but he didn’t just sprinkle pixie dust on those kids and get them to grow to the size they were along those offensive and defensive lines.  He left and the kids stopped coming right?  Now the Rock’s sole aspiration is to win district, only problem is Bell still has Dudley and he’ll get the last laugh this year too.

He’s a great talent and a terrific kid, I can completely understand why you all hate to see him here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!

Before I would start shaking my finger and screaming recruitment I would ask myself why a kid would rather play at Corbin and then ask why I have a 5a school that has averaged about 65-75 kids on the roster for the past 7 season to 32. You have a couple of ours and we have a couple of yours.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, TD Hounds
what about when the coaches use their players accounts to recruit other kids .. is that legal ..? word is that’s how they are getting players .
I am just so sick of hearing about how good Corbin is. They should be they have kids spanning from Williamsburg to Corbin to Bell County to Knox County to Laurel County. If everybody went to the school in their district maybe things would be a little different and games would be more competitive. Yes we’ve lost kids to Corbin and we’ve lost kids to Williamsburg this year it has nothing to do with the group of coaches that we have now. Good old Coach Irwin ran them off.And as far as Mr. Siler goes he is the one that is trying to get away from the good old boy and the nepotism that Whitley County is known for.
(08-23-2021, 03:57 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Everyone says if you are winning. The kids will want to go there.  Why is it JC went to 5 straight championship games and lost kids to other schools?
(08-23-2021, 02:32 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

You're gonna trigger some flea bags.lol

Big Grin Big Grin  Big Grin  I thought that was your job
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • 606CATS
(08-23-2021, 08:47 PM)Nygfan106wins Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 03:57 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Everyone says if you are winning. The kids will want to go there.  Why is it JC went to 5 straight championship games and lost kids to other schools?

Fills us in, I want to know more?

Are you serious, all I have to do is talk through my boys account to get players to come. I been doing it all wrong the whole time. I'm on it right now. Just hired a guy from Franklin County today, reckon I can steal a couple of them since his cousin is a player lol. My estimator has a kid on LCA. Lets see, I know all the Lexington people and Louisville and Danville and Pikeville. Man what a team we will have. I don't want none from JC. We want to play them straight up, recruits vs homeboys lol.
(08-23-2021, 08:16 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: what about when the coaches use their players accounts to recruit other kids .. is that legal ..?  word is that’s how they are getting players .
Players accounts and getting parents to make calls. Whatever works. It happens I have seen it first hand. Sad thing is it’s never going to change until KHSSA steps in and does something.
I’ll invite you to sit with me at this Whitley game. I’ll buy.
Never gonna change, I’ve seen it play out way to many times. Kid at unnamed school never touches the field and isn’t getting developed decides he’s had enough and transfers to Corbin. Gets coached and developed, ends up being a star and one of the better players on Corbin’s team, loved by the whole community. Unnamed school who said he wasn’t any good then starts whining if they had all their kids things would be different for their program, if only kids would stay at the school in their district. Fortunately the Kentucky legislature sees things differently, for those that didn’t know they recently passed statues that allow parents to take kids wherever they want, and in my opinion if your not footing the bill for their kids, it’s none of your business where they live or where they decide to send them to school.
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
Nothing but respect for Johnson Central or any team for that matter. Now I was just kidding about me getting on my boys account. I do look at his huddle often. I'm thankful that we get to play. I love talking to people about there teams and the enthusiasm about high school football. True story, hired the guy today and I said where you from, he says Franklin County, well bam, you know I'm going to ask him and yes he is connected lol. Nothing but good stuff. Especially if you love football. Most people we hire in Lexington aren't from Lexington originally. Another True story, got people in our office from a lot of teams. Keeps me in the loop. Be surprised, a lot of people talking about Grant Bingham in Lexington, cant wait to get him down there. I don't understand why some of these fanbases take the opportunity to throw rabbit punches when they do the same thing. Meaning there program takes a kid from another state or district if they choose to come. Call it recruiting, it does sound better, but usually in my experience its the opposite. What most people don't think about is not everyone in the world is a frog in the pot. Some people will actually take a chance and move on. But when the kid is now on the team, its called or referred to as recruiting. Another thing is when you check the post of some of these rabbit punchers, its all negative towards Corbin. Same ones wont even attempt to brag on there on teams, then wonders why they heck there program might be suffering.  But bet your bottom dollar they will get on a Corbin thread a 100 times a day but probably wont bother with there own team. If I were commissioner, it would already be solved. Go where you want to.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 606CATS, Bossdaddy 4115
I’m not pointing fingers at Corbin the state doesn’t revolve around the red hounds like most on here would like to think. In my scenario no school was exempt I stated clearly that this should apply to all schools and districts unless recruiting is clearly stated usually by requiring tuition for all like private schools do. This small town politics goes on all across the state from Corbin to Danville/Boyle your Lexington schools Fredrick Douglas now Great Crossings in Scott county but it shouldn’t happen unless you have legitimate reasons like your mom or dad had to relocate for a job or family emergency occur your grandma left you their farm in their will all paid for and you were struggling in an apartment two counties over some type of logical scenario and not just moving due to an advantage for a team sport. For some reason all these big time programs tend to have a problem with this occurring because they know that it levels the playing field for all those involved and their “Big advantage “ goes away in my scenario let’s be honest the education of the kids is not what is important to these areas no where near as important as that big W on Friday night on the football field the system uses up the talented athlete who let’s be honest usually doesn’t even go on to play college ball anyway and just become a foot note for yester-years big time story told at our local pubs that go “do you remember 5 years ago when so an so had that awesome play that beat our rival?” We all have told those stories at some point or fast forward 15 years and said athlete ends up on this forum chatting it up about the big game coming up lol but we all know small town politics are hard to stomp out in rural ky
(08-23-2021, 11:17 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: I’m not pointing fingers at Corbin the state doesn’t revolve around the red hounds like most on here would like to think. In my scenario no school was exempt I stated clearly that this should apply to all schools and districts unless recruiting is clearly stated usually by requiring tuition for all like private schools do. This small town politics goes on all across the state from Corbin to Danville/Boyle your Lexington schools Fredrick Douglas now Great Crossings in Scott county but it shouldn’t happen unless you have legitimate reasons like your mom or dad had to relocate for a job or family emergency occur your grandma left you their farm in their will all paid for and you were struggling in an apartment two counties over some type of logical scenario and not just moving due to an advantage for a team sport. For some reason all these big time programs tend to  have a problem with this occurring because they know that it levels the playing field for all those involved and their “Big advantage “ goes away in my scenario let’s be honest the education of the kids is not what is important to these areas no where near as important as that big W on Friday night on the football field the system uses up the talented athlete who let’s be honest usually doesn’t even go on to play college ball anyway and just become a foot note for yester-years big time story told at our local pubs that go “do you remember 5 years ago when so an so had that awesome play that beat our rival?” We all have told those stories at some point or fast forward 15 years and said athlete ends up on this forum chatting it up about the big game coming up lol but we all know small town politics are hard to stomp out in rural ky

I don’t see you posting this stuff on everybody else threads? You just so happened to pick Corbin. WOW. Sounds like to me you need to run for commissioner. Take these issues up with them. I personally don’t care what a reason is for a family to determine where they want to live or there kid play. Care less. There’s a lot more issues in the world that I’m more concerned about at the moment than what Suzy or Bobby is doing. I would highly recommend you to post this on every teams threads since are so concerned with it and everyone else team. I remember Rockcastle winning, but I’m not going to try to figure out a reason to take away from it. Awesome times for that program. But I’m sure there was no help. Hard work. XsOs.

Last time I checked this was a Redhounds thread, I don’t think this thread determines anything for the whole state. Especially revolving around anything. Your the one getting on here complaining. Let’s see a Rockcastle person, Bell person , I understand the Whitley complaints, when your about to get your hide tanned, your going to whine, I don’t know how a Rockcastle fan and a Bell fan started whining on here about recruiting, are you guys ok, I mean I’ll talk to you over a cup of coffee or soup beans or something. I guess when your program isn’t where you want it to be, Corbin is the place to be. Sounds familiar doesn’t it?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hound05
(04-15-2021, 02:19 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 01:56 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 11:07 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: heard you all got one of ours too .. gonna be a rough year on log mountain

I hadn’t heard that but been out of the loop trying to salvage my business through all this extended COVID crap.  I’d never count Dudley out, he may lose one and 3 more game changers show up the next day.

need to grab a few from harlan county .. sorry granny

What’s the word I’m looking for oh yeah, Hypocrite…