•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin Head Coaching Search
Mike Jackson is the offensive coordinator at Male. I don’t think he’s looking to be a head coach at this time.
….MADA

Make America Doug Again!!!

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:….MADA

Make America Doug Again!!!

Confusednicker:

Now that’s what I’m talking about!!!
single shot Wrote:Mark Brown
Jep Irwin
Tom Greer
Eddie James

Just off top of my head and in no particular order and I’m not sure which if any have applied...If we stay with an Offensive coach it needs to be someone who can coach the spread similar to what Haddix ran....If your gonna get a Defensive guy then you have to stick with
Tommy Greer if he’s applied which contrary to popular belief isn’t a for sure thing...From everything I’ve seen from him I’d love to have Mark Brown just not sure he’d come out of retirement....

Wasn’t there a Mark Brown that coached at Lexington Catholic?
Jack Lambert Wrote:Wasn’t there a Mark Brown that coached at Lexington Catholic?

Never mind I was thinking about Mark Perry?
Are they more interviews this week, or did they interview everyone they were interested in Friday?
insideinfo Wrote:Are they more interviews this week, or did they interview everyone they were interested in Friday?

Any word on who may have interviewed already?
Gitback Coach Wrote:Former Redhound Mike Jackson was kind of a hot name in coaching several years ago, but has kinda fallen off the radar. I personally lost track of him after he left Pikeville. Is he still in coaching or even a potential consideration?

He would be a very good get for Corbin. I like Mike. Ended up at Butler for several years.
I hope the new coach whomever that may be maintains the level of completion that we have come accustom too. The new 4a district is a lot tougher than the old 3a district, so is the region having to go threw Johnson Central, we should not expect the new coach to win 5 straight districts and 5 straight regions along with 2 state championship appearances his first 5 years. Corbin however does have the talent to win it all in the next 3 years.
fansville Wrote:Any word on who may have interviewed already?

There have been no interviews. Job was posted Tuesday. Committee was formed and hasn’t met yet. Some solid coaches interested in this job. Maybe even some surprises.
Larry Vaught tweeted he had heard French will be named the new coach. FWIW.
Hatz Wrote:Larry Vaught tweeted he had heard French will be named the new coach. FWIW.

The job didn’t post till Wednesday and it’s opened till filled with plenty of applicants ...While I have nothing at all against Coach French I have been assured by a few members on the hiring committee that it’ll be a process to find the right person and won’t be filled until several more interviews are done...
1/4bak Wrote:I hope the new coach whomever that may be maintains the level of completion that we have come accustom too. The new 4a district is a lot tougher than the old 3a district, so is the region having to go threw Johnson Central, we should not expect the new coach to win 5 straight districts and 5 straight regions along with 2 state championship appearances his first 5 years. Corbin however does have the talent to win it all in the next 3 years.

With the new playoff setup, RPI and seeding it might not be Johnson Central that you have to go through in the Regional Finals, it could very well be Boyle County and your old coach. Having the top RPI out of regions 5-8 will be huge.
Hatz Wrote:Larry Vaught tweeted he had heard French will be named the new coach. FWIW.

Very well could be. Coaching positions don't have to be posted 30 days like most think. These are actually CLASSIFIED jobs and there is no "30 day rule".

The "30 day rule" gets mixed up because most all coaching jobs are tied to teaching jobs. Teaching jobs are CERTIFIED positions and MUST be posted for 30 days before a hire is made.

Coach French just coaches and is retired from teaching. He could have been hired the day it was posted if they so chose to do so.
This might be answered already but I didn’t read all the comments, any chance they give Scotty Russell the promotion?
MVP2 Wrote:This might be answered already but I didn’t read all the comments, any chance they give Scotty Russell the promotion?

From what I’ve heard, not likely.
Look for Larry French to be named the coach maybe this week. Middlesboro is working hard to keep him. We shall see.
watcher Wrote:Look for Larry French to be named the coach maybe this week. Middlesboro is working hard to keep him. We shall see.

There’s only one coach who I know for sure has now applied that could be named this soon and it isn’t Coach French...
MVP2 Wrote:This might be answered already but I didn’t read all the comments, any chance they give Scotty Russell the promotion?

Nope, great person and coach and I hope he’s with the program for a long time but no...
Cappy Wrote:There have been no interviews. Job was posted Tuesday. Committee was formed and hasn’t met yet. Some solid coaches interested in this job. Maybe even some surprises.

There was at least Two interviews Friday.
How many of the Corbin kids are moving to Danville? Heard Longmire and Patterson were.
corbin doing their best to put their athletes they dont want to leave with haddix all over social media .. will be interesting to see what comes of all this ..
I think the players will stay. I actually heard that a couple of our coaches will go with him.
The players will stay depending on the coach they hire. The QB and WR would be crazy to stay if they bring in a smash mouth playbook. The asst. coaches will stay. None will go with Haddix. I have noticed the Corbin assistants flooding social media just as Haddix did. I find it their efforts quite funny. They are all pretending to be head football coaches and have the same connections as Haddix did. Again, Corbin football will get what it deserves. The good ol boy network is as strong as ever.
Only one I could see transferring to Haddix would be QB, and that's questionable. I commend the assistant coaches for continuing to get exposure for these student athletes. Its not required of them, especially now that they may not have coaching responsibilities, depending on what coach comes in.
Players are staying, coaches are staying and it would seem the assistants are doing a good job keeping the social media buzz up around the program. I just saw where they met with someone from Clemson just this morning, they must have some sort of connections. Hopefully they will make a great head coaching hire and continue to promote and advocate for their players.
Don’t kid yourself. Even with all 12 big posts you have there! Those teams would not have showed up the first time if not for their X head coach. I too hope they keep it up, even when they do get a coach. It’s all about the kids, our kids deserve it.
HighViz Wrote:Don’t kid yourself. Even with all 12 big posts you have there! Those teams would not have showed up the first time if not for their X head coach. I too hope they keep it up, even when they do get a coach. It’s all about the kids, our kids deserve it.

I’m not debating that Haddix got the trend started but that doesn’t mean the guys still there aren’t doing a good job keeping it going. Also, sorry I must have missed the part where your opinion was more valid if you had more posts on a forum..now noted. Stay salty my friend

:haters:
single shot Wrote:Liberals of Kentucky...lmao

No.I don't think so.No! 64SUR has that title.
fansville Wrote:I’m not debating that Haddix got the trend started but that doesn’t mean the guys still there aren’t doing a good job keeping it going. Also, sorry I must have missed the part where your opinion was more valid if you had more posts on a forum..now noted. Stay salty my friend

:haters:

You are exactly right. I am salty! Those fools in administrative positions ran the best thing in this town off. They didn’t fight for him, instead they fell for people like you!
Sounds about right for you to say haters gonna hate. I haven’t missed a game since the late 90s. We had something to Love till people like you ran him out of town. So yea. I’m salty, and I hate the way things went down. However, what’s done is done. We are the losers. We shouldn’t be conducting any interviews except for a Defensive Coordinator and a OLine coach.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next