Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top player ever from your School??
Pikeville All-Time
Backs: Steve Bailey, Chuck Huffman, Greg Hackney, Bobby Deramus, Brent Coleman
Lineman: Tim Honaker, Mickey Webster, Justin Harris
QB'S: J.P. Blair, Jason Howard, Matt Branham
Recievers: Murray Garvin, Jeremiah Akers

It is kind of hard to do it without putting them in positions.
HazzBeen Wrote:Pikeville All-Time

Pikeville,Belfry, and Prestonsburg have al put out there fair share of talent, Great traditions at these schools.
HazzBeen Wrote:Pikeville All-Time

Justin was a great lineman, He and I graduated together. But I dont think Id rank him ahead of Bob Shurtleff. This guy started for UK back when they were actually good.
Matt Branham has a bright future in coaching.
At Shelby Valley-- all around football player would be David Finch.
rainout Wrote:At Shelby Valley-- all around football player would be David Finch.
Played against Finch, he was a good one.
JOHNBOY1956 Wrote:IT WAS LONGER THAN A SEMESTER
heck he was one of the best all time at paintsville to and he would probably have been better of if he had stayed. lol i know paintsville would have been:howdy:
Well from Lawrence CO there have been several so here is my attempt. And these will be in no order:
1) Phillip Ratliff - went on to Marshall and was Kodak all american and National Champ
2) Jason Michaels - Started out at Air Force and then Transferred to Western Ky and won a National Champ there as the starting QB and the last I heard was an assistant with the Raiders.
3) Michael West - set several records and in amonst the top RBs in the State and went on to Marshall.
4) Gerad Parker - Set national and state Records as a WR on a running team and went on to play @ UK.
5) Nick Meadows - just ask breathitt co about him, went onto play @ Georgetown until a car wreck ended his playing days
6) Lee Abshire
7) Chris Workman - was a great lineman shut down Jermey Caudill from P-burg when they played us a couple years ago at home like in the 90's
8) Kenny Horn
9) Eddie Vinson
10) Bill Mckenzie
11) Josh Diamond
12) The Preston Brothers from the 80's
13) Dontae Wright
14) James Storts is at Georgetown right now
15) Alan and Brian Short both went on to play college.

There are several more that is all that come to mind right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
James Ramey! Tampa bay buc's
He was good.
South Floyd- Nick Compton, B.J. Bryant.........
Ron Blume #17 , Jchs
hands down bebo combs of hazard high school and most recently jimmy miller
Arliss Beach
Paintsville

Mike Minix "the missile"

Joey Couch

John Porter

Tony Mayes

Now there's a stinkin list of players!!!!!!!!
Justin Haddix-Breathitt County
Twitter: @tc_analytics

arliss beach-green bay packers #32
Batpuff Wrote:Well from Lawrence CO there have been several so here is my attempt. And these will be in no order:
1) Phillip Ratliff - went on to Marshall and was Kodak all american and National Champ
2) Jason Michaels - Started out at Air Force and then Transferred to Western Ky and won a National Champ there as the starting QB and the last I heard was an assistant with the Raiders.
3) Michael West - set several records and in amonst the top RBs in the State and went on to Marshall.
4) Gerad Parker - Set national and state Records as a WR on a running team and went on to play @ UK.
5) Nick Meadows - just ask breathitt co about him, went onto play @ Georgetown until a car wreck ended his playing days
6) Lee Abshire
7) Chris Workman - was a great lineman shut down Jermey Caudill from P-burg when they played us a couple years ago at home like in the 90's
8) Kenny Horn
9) Eddie Vinson
10) Bill Mckenzie
11) Josh Diamond
12) The Preston Brothers from the 80's
13) Dontae Wright
14) James Storts is at Georgetown right now
15) Alan and Brian Short both went on to play college.

There are several more that is all that come to mind right now.

Might as well go ahead and add Jarred Hosstettler. This guy is Hugemongous and hes been redshirted at UT for some time, getting ready to begin his carrer there. Very possbly this guy WILL go pro
liveMAROON Wrote:Might as well go ahead and add Jarred Hosstettler. This guy is Hugemongous and hes been redshirted at UT for some time, getting ready to begin his carrer there. Very possbly this guy WILL go pro

Don't put Hosstettler on any list
Ricky L. Dotson
Jerry Ratliff
Mitch Fannin
Billy Peck
Joey Gooslin
cbls_75 Wrote:Don't put Hosstettler on any list

And why is that?........this kids gonna make a name for himself at UT you can bank on that
jones and howard
Shelby Valley: Joe Hughes, Glen Salyer, Joe Don Cole, Shawn Hampton, Mike Hall, Jeremy Bell, Johnnie Alvin, Casey Newsome, Cory Robinson, Josh Hobson, Justin Baker, John Johnson to name a few. But the best ever, statistically speaking, or otherwise would have to be Dusty Hall. He has to be one of the best backs to ever play in District 8 Region 2 2A!
PantherPride68 Wrote:Justin was a great lineman, He and I graduated together. But I dont think Id rank him ahead of Bob Shurtleff. This guy started for UK back when they were actually good.
Matt Branham has a bright future in coaching.

Mark Littrell(sp?) played on the same team as shurtleff...signed with Vandy. Anyone who plays in the SEC has to be a great player.
haha now Eager Beaver Tell me by john johnson you mean the father.........oh gosh hah
Joe Hughes
my uncle
Ramon Dirtysanchez From Tolsia Class Of 1991
David Akers-Tates Creek
Shaun Alexander-Boone Co.
hmm well Def. Arliss Beach for one, Juan Thomas was a heck of a football player i think haha not even for sure!
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:Sheldon Clark has had some pretty good ones and all could be considered the best, but if I had a list it would look like so:

1. Brad Tiller RB/CB: The fastest football player I have ever layed eyes on. Every time he touched the ball the other team would hold their breathe. Maybe the best athlete to come from SC period. Was a great basketball player and the best high school baseball player I have ever seen in person.

2. Jessie WattsQB/DB/P/K: The kid held the NATIONAL RECORD for passing yards in a single game for over 10 years. 651 yards in 1991 against Allen Central. Went on to Kentucky State as a punter. Played on the same team as Tiller.

3. Joey Stepp OL/DL: This is where it gets tricky. There were alot of really really good players after those 2, but this one seemed to stand out a litlle more. Stepp was one of the most dominant players in the region durring the 1998 season. He anchored the offensive and defensive lines for the regional champions. Was also an excellent wrestler for SC. Attended Marshall where he started for the better part of 2 years and earned All MAC 2nd team his senior year.

4. Nathan Moore QB/FS: Another really really good player. Was possibly the second best athlete to come from SC behind Tiller. Was as athletic as anyone in the region and could beat you with his arm or his legs. A hard hitting saftey Moore always played with a reckless abadonment and was one of the more physically gifted kids to attend SC. Also an excellent basketball player and track star.

5. Ben Delong RB/FS: Every once in a while an athlete comes along that never quite reaches their full potential. That was Delong. An extremley gifted athlete that could run over or around you at RB and would just assume hit you as look at you on defense. Was a starter for 3 years. (Would had started all 4 but broke his leg early in his freshman year) Was a member of the team from the 1997-2000 seasons. Had a combined record of 31-8 for the 3 years he started. (1998:9-5 ,1999:11-1 ,2000:11-2)

If I had to make a list of the top 5 players to come from SC this is who would be on it with Tiller being tabbed by me as the best ever.

I agree with the top 3. I would say Brent Weaver would go number 4. One of the best athletes i've seen. Great football player, baseball player and state champion at the high jump. I believe he set the state record as well. Number 5 would go to Bruce Stepp. Just a dominating player. 3 time state wreslting champ. I couldn't put Ben Delong in the top 15. Good athlete but not one of the best.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next