•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin Head Coaching Search
Smart move on Haddix part to leave. He lost all his defensive coaches. They go from giving up around 11 points a game to giving up 25 points a game. The defense wasn’t the same without Greer and Mills.
ArJay Wrote:Smart move on Haddix part to leave. He lost all his defensive coaches. They go from giving up around 11 points a game to giving up 25 points a game. The defense wasn’t the same without Greer and Mills.
Talent also wasn’t what it was the previous years
Greer is one of the best assistance in the state if not the best. His record as a head coach not so good.
Corbin Wrote:Boyle is a better program and better job so you can’t blame him for taking the job. That said, Corbin should’ve tried everything to keep Justin. Unfortunately, I don’t think (at least from what I hear) the “good ol boy network” cared enough. I’d be surprised to see Corbin hire another outsider. They had two good ones in Whitaker and Haddix ran them off/didn’t fight for them. French would be a great hire but you reap what you sew.
or sow.
Anyone seen Larry French house hunting in Corbin yet?
Strikeout King Wrote:Anyone seen Larry French house hunting in Corbin yet?
Dudley could take this job and his son can take over in Bell County Smile
I think there will be trouble. I am anxious to see this plan unfold. We just let the best young coach in Ky get away!
pjdoug Wrote:dudley could take this job and his son can take over in bell county Smile

😂😂😂
four quarters Wrote:How great this would be. Dudley gets the job (who Corbin hates) Greer returns to do defense as he was the DC at Bell during championship run and they finally return to excellence and win a championship 🏈💪
I hear Pepsi in Corbin needs someone to go get the change out of their vending machines....something I think he knows a lot about $$$$$ you listening Dude.... v
This will be an inside hire is what I am told.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Who will Corbin go after. Part one of the plan fulfilled.

Thoughts?
It’s Greer’s job to turn down...Mouser and Mills coming back to Corbin... Super,Ad and principal all happy now...
French has meeting with Realtor tomorrow !
watcher Wrote:French has meeting with Realtor tomorrow !

This true???
I absolutely hate that Haddix is moving on but the fact is - he is, so we must do the same.
I say if you want to keep all your talent in Corbin you might need to go hard after someone like Herron in Williamsburg. Need someone to run an offense that will complement what they have been trained to do for 6 years, when they were just learning football. If you go backwards they will not succeed. We do not have athletes to go back to 3 yards and a cloud of dust, they are big play guys not grind it out
If Corbin goes outside would Doug Preston at Franklin-Simpson consider coming. I read on the other site that his name is in the hat if they go looking. I think he has some connections with Tom or Wayne. Not sure but that is what i was told by a friend.
Haddix was Boyle’s 3-4 choice.
Now in Greer’s hands, if he wants to coach now or wait the 3 years till retirement. If he chooses the later look for French to get a call. How does Corbin allow one person to turn their program upside down?

Wayne Mills being Corbins HC is comical. Will not work on so many levels. Greer has done enough damage , but to hire Mills will send it over the edge.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Now in Greer’s hands, if he wants to coach now or wait the 3 years till retirement. If he chooses the later look for French to get a call. How does Corbin allow one person to turn their program upside down?

Wayne Mills being Corbins HC is comical. Will not work on so many levels. Greer has done enough damage , but to hire Mills will send it over the edge.
You went over the edge years ago.lol
The best part of this drama is whoever Corbin hires has a strong chance of potentially playing Haddix the next three years.

The leaves in the wind would say a French/Greer union makes the most sense, but for two guys who are on the descent of their career trajectories (not an insult, just a fact that both are not young pups), will Corbin want to go from a rising Coach prior to his peak to an older dog more reluctant to learn new tricks?

Whoever Corbin hires has a ton of talent to start with though and a feeder system that is solid!
Dudley! Dudley! Dudley!
pjdoug Wrote:Dudley! Dudley! Dudley!

Here I thought you had got on board with us on Log Mountain. Just sit back and watch the implosion.
fridaynightfights Wrote:Here I thought you had got on board with us on Log Mountain. Just sit back and watch the implosion.
I like to poke at the Hounds because they love Dudley so much Smile. I wouldnt think it will take Corbin long to name their new head coach.
Cattleman Wrote:Haddix was Boyle’s 3-4 choice.

I asked this in the other thread.

Brandon Smith and Chris Wolfe were obviously the top 2. Who was next in line that Boyle reached out to?

Can someone inform one of the NKY outsiders on here what makes Larry French such a shoe-in to apply for the Corbin job?
I don’t think coaches like Larry French applies for jobs. I think they get courted.
Hatz Wrote:I asked this in the other thread.

Brandon Smith and Chris Wolfe were obviously the top 2. Who was next in line that Boyle reached out to?

The first person that was ask if interested, Jeff.
Cattleman Wrote:The first person that was ask if interested, Jeff.

I thought and felt that was obligatory to a long time Assistant. I think most knew or felt he did not want to make that kind of commitment this close to retirement. I also think many believed he would stay another year to coach his son but didn't see much beyond that year in terms of long distance. :Thumbs:
E's Army Wrote:Will assistants come back from Whitley County?

IMO Mouser definitely goes back to Corbin and Mills stays at Whitley to let His son finish out the next two years as Starting Varsity QB. Not sure how the QB situation would be in Corbin if Mills returned.

Thoughts?

I could really see them going after a assistant interview District Rival Wayne county’s staff or even the head man. We will see what happens however! What’s everyone else think?

Thoughts?

It really doesn't matter who Corbin hires. Justin Haddix was the BEST coach that Corbin could have possibly gotten to win a State Championship. Corbin had the best coach hands down. Its a shame that the powers to be decided to push Haddix out or at least fight for him to stay. All the kids love him from second grade through Seniors. Haddix and the Boyle County Rebels will run all over Corbin every game they play as long as they are in same class and Haddix is at Boyle County. Haddix is a winner and Corbin just went backwards by six years and will probably loose additional players because of this situation. I look for Knox Central and Whitley County to gain a lot of Corbin's talent now for sure. The only winner in this move is Haddix and Boyle County. Corbin fans should all be pissed off over this. I for one will never step foot back in Campbell Field due to this. Corbin is supposed to be a premier Football town with a premier Head Coach. I'm still in aww that anyone in Corbin would want to see Haddix leave. Go Rebels!!
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next