•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Hazard
Westside Wrote:Seriously? WOW! I was unaware. They must be very few and far between.

Yes, I only know of 2 that make that or above.
Oleballcoach Wrote:Not sure where that money is at, you can look on KHSAA title 9 report and see how much every school is paying to coaching.

However leaving Greenup for Hazard I would say was a move to play for Championship if he leaves. I talked with a inside source today said Grizzle was offered the job and he hasn’t accepted it yet he wanted to take the weekend to think it over and would let them know early this week.

Some coaches job titles have nothing to do with coaching though but they are coaches. So that wouldn’t show up on your report.
VoR_58 Wrote:Some coaches job titles have nothing to do with coaching though but they are coaches. So that wouldn’t show up on your report.

So are you adding the teaching pay, and the coaching, and any other special pay together.
A-Block Wrote:Hearing we should know something by tomorrow if not today.

I was told that the announcement will be Friday for the next Hazard Coach. I also think it was a great hire for both the school and the Coach, can’t wait to see them play.
Well Congratulations to Hazard then, I guess we will have to wait.
No one gonna spill the beans?
Strikeout King Wrote:No one gonna spill the beans?
Giving the Coach time to let his family know.
Oleballcoach Wrote:I was told that the announcement will be Friday for the next Hazard Coach. I also think it was a great hire for both the school and the Coach, can’t wait to see them play.

I don’t know much about him. However, there are a lot of positives there that I can see it as a potential move in the right direction.

He will have the talent coming up for something special. I know everyone at the school is excited and so seem the kids. That’s something that comes organic.

Excited to see where he takes the Dawgs.
It's official. Coach Grizzle will be the new coach of the bulldogs.
I've sat and read all these post this morning. Alot I agree with and alot I dont. But in regards to the Greenup issue...first and foremost, Greenups resume over the last 15-20 years hasnt been remarkable. But In 4 years, Scott managed to become the achools second winningest coach? It's amazing how the same things come out of the woodwork when a coach decides to leave Greenup. OFF WITH HIS HEAD. I guess every coach at Greenup does the job with only 3 or 4 kids in mind, bc we all know that's more important than being competitive, atleast in the district. None of them adjust or have the right schemes in place. They are all arrogant know it alls out for themselves. Need I remind alot of you, Scott was the savior coming down to earth when he got there. Year 2 was THE year. Year 3 was THE year. Then they finally get out of a district with Johnson Central. But it still wasnt THE year. Thats not Scott's words, it's the words of the same people dragging him through the mud right now. Grizzle did more for that program in 4 years than anyone could have ever imagined. Did he take them to great new heights? Not really. But he managed to win some within the county, which GC hadnt done in years. And probably should have broken the streak against Raceland this year, imo. From the outside looking in, I'm seeing the big picture. Scott has more people at the games, more interest, more fire and desire out of the fans, than I've ever seen at Greenup. It's not just wins and losses, it's the program itself being better as a whole.

I'm not saying its mommies or daddies. Not saying it's the administration or faculty. I dont know what it is. But theres a reason GC Football has a new coach every 4 or 5 years. It doesnt matter what type of tallent you have, a program will never be consistent with that type of turn around. Especially in NEKY.

That being said, this is about the Hazard job and in true Greenup County fashion, the Rams and Musketeer people on here hijacked the thread lol. Whoever replaces Dixon has big shoes to fill. Hazard has had a bad run of luck with injuries the last few years. Whoever comes in, I hope they can get Hazard back to the level they were at when they were competing for titles.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I've sat and read all these post this morning. Alot I agree with and alot I dont. But in regards to the Greenup issue...first and foremost, Greenups resume over the last 15-20 years hasnt been remarkable. But In 4 years, Scott managed to become the achools second winningest coach? It's amazing how the same things come out of the woodwork when a coach decides to leave Greenup. OFF WITH HIS HEAD. I guess every coach at Greenup does the job with only 3 or 4 kids in mind, bc we all know that's more important than being competitive, atleast in the district. None of them adjust or have the right schemes in place. They are all arrogant know it alls out for themselves. Need I remind alot of you, Scott was the savior coming down to earth when he got there. Year 2 was THE year. Year 3 was THE year. Then they finally get out of a district with Johnson Central. But it still wasnt THE year. Thats not Scott's words, it's the words of the same people dragging him through the mud right now. Grizzle did more for that program in 4 years than anyone could have ever imagined. Did he take them to great new heights? Not really. But he managed to win some within the county, which GC hadnt done in years. And probably should have broken the streak against Raceland this year, imo. From the outside looking in, I'm seeing the big picture. Scott has more people at the games, more interest, more fire and desire out of the fans, than I've ever seen at Greenup. It's not just wins and losses, it's the program itself being better as a whole.

I'm not saying its mommies or daddies. Not saying it's the administration or faculty. I dont know what it is. But theres a reason GC Football has a new coach every 4 or 5 years. It doesnt matter what type of tallent you have, a program will never be consistent with that type of turn around. Especially in NEKY.

That being said, this is about the Hazard job and in true Greenup County fashion, the Rams and Musketeer people on here hijacked the thread lol. Whoever replaces Dixon has big shoes to fill. Hazard has had a bad run of luck with injuries the last few years. Whoever comes in, I hope they can get Hazard back to the level they were at when they were competing for titles.

I have watched Coach Grizzle over the years and he is without a doubt a outstanding young coach. I called and talked with Randy Vanderhoof which Coached Grizzle in high school then later on was on staff with Grizzle. He said if he was building a staff that Grizzle would be one of the first called made to join that staff.
Easy Wind Wrote:It's official. Coach Grizzle will be the new coach of the bulldogs.
Awesome for the Musketeers! This will be Hazard’s Demise! We all can have this conversation in a couple years. When players are on the field that he is responsible for developing. (Could be ok if his assistants know how to coach.) All that being said, I hope it works out for the kids that play at Hazard.
Easy Wind Wrote:It's official. Coach Grizzle will be the new coach of the bulldogs.

Due to Grizzle’s Raceland roots, it will be interesting to see if this hire would result in a potential series between the Rams and Bulldogs.
I dont know anything bout this coach but I would think Hazard would been a job a lot of coaches would be interested in. I know Hazard isnt the ideal place to get excited to move your family to but still a great job. I figured they would have reached out to Mike Halcomb. Who all did they interview or does anyone know?
Would this be considered a hire they just settled for? again i dont know anything bout Grizzle.
Tailback44 Wrote:Would this be considered a hire they just settled for? again i dont know anything bout Grizzle.

My understanding he was the guy they wanted from early on in the process. Wanted a younger coach who would re-energize the program. From talking to people close to the situation and around the state I think they found that guy.

For those trashing Grizzle. Sometimes certain situations will hold back a coach. Look no further than Chris McNamee before arriving at Pikeville. He would have never been able to do much at Pike Central. Then he gets back to his Alma mater, builds a great staff, is a players coach and now he’s won 2 state championships.

Now am I saying Grizzle will do the same? No I’m not. However, if he’s what people here thinks he is, they will compete well in Single A. With the talent they have coming up the next few years could def. be in the conversation of playing at Kroger. (Obviously all pending the talent continues to progress and stays together)
A-Block Wrote:My understanding he was the guy they wanted from early on in the process. Wanted a younger coach who would re-energize the program. From talking to people close to the situation and around the state I think they found that guy.

For those trashing Grizzle. Sometimes certain situations will hold back a coach. Look no further than Chris McNamee before arriving at Pikeville. He would have never been able to do much at Pike Central. Then he gets back to his Alma mater, builds a great staff, is a players coach and now he’s won 2 state championships.

Now am I saying Grizzle will do the same? No I’m not. However, if he’s what people here thinks he is, they will compete well in Single A. With the talent they have coming up the next few years could def. be in the conversation of playing at Kroger. (Obviously all pending the talent continues to progress and stays together)

wonder if any of that talent you speak of follows dixon to perry county.
Tailback44 Wrote:Would this be considered a hire they just settled for? again i dont know anything bout Grizzle.

I've said this before, but the days of coaches and their families packing up and moving for high school head football jobs in this state are getting slimmer and slimmer.

You go and look at all of the openings over the last several years (average of 40-45 a year) and coaches aren't bouncing around much, unless:

1) They don't have to move (see Dixon from Hazard to Perry)
2) They are retired, kids are grown and they just still really enjoy it (French from Southwestern to Middlesboro, then see Tom Larkey who fits #1 above. French also never moved when he left Lincoln for Boyle then to Southwestern. He obviously did when he left Meade for Lincoln in 04. Holcomb when he went from Breathitt to Letcher- kids grown- didn't actually move, had an apartment in Whitesburg he'd stay in during the week some).
3) They are from there and/or have already coached at the school before (David Buchanan leaving Mason for Mercer, Stonebraker going back to Casey County, Dudley back to Bell- while Dudley also falling into category #2 also).

The wish lists that people talk about and expect compared to reality are usually two different things.

I think this is a very good hire. Sometimes its not about titles, but what have you done at a place(s) doing more with less. I think he did that.
^^^agreed. He did all that he could and more for GC. Anyone who says otherwise is eating sour grapes. Like I said, it was more than wins and losses. He took a program on an upswing and added to it from an on the field standpoint and in terms of interest in the program, idk if it's ever been higher.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:^^^agreed. He did all that he could and more for GC. Anyone who says otherwise is eating sour grapes. Like I said, it was more than wins and losses. He took a program on an upswing and added to it from an on the field standpoint and in terms of interest in the program, idk if it's ever been higher.

Name another GC coach that has beaten Russell like he has?? You GC crybabies must all be liberals cause all you know how to do is finger point blame others for your failures and cry when it doesn’t go your way! And that my friends is why GC football is a dumpster fire!!!
Best of luck to Coach Grizzle. Named officially as the new football coach at Hazard. Headed to a fine program and another one of those mountain schools that give NE Ky fits from time to time
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Name another GC coach that has beaten Russell like he has?? You GC crybabies must all be liberals cause all you know how to do is finger point blame others for your failures and cry when it doesn’t go your way! And that my friends is why GC football is a dumpster fire!!!
He beat Russell because he was handed ATHLETIC, TALENTED, & DEVELOPED players from Coach Mullins. How did GC do against Russell this year with the team that Grizzle was supposed to develope? I rest my case. He reaped the reward from fields that he did not sow. He is leaving Greenup now because he failed and 1 more year under his direction GC would be set back another 5 years. If he wasn’t going to Hazard we would gladly wrap him in an orange blanket and give him back. This is the part where you respond with some other offensive comment. And the part where he defends himself with the several accounts he has created. Good Riddance!
Bluegrass01 Wrote:He beat Russell because he was handed ATHLETIC, TALENTED, & DEVELOPED players from Coach Mullins. How did GC do against Russell this year with the team that Grizzle was supposed to develope? I rest my case. He reaped the reward from fields that he did not sow. He is leaving Greenup now because he failed and 1 more year under his direction GC would be set back another 5 years. If he wasn’t going to Hazard we would gladly wrap him in an orange blanket and give him back. This is the part where you respond with some other offensive comment. And the part where he defends himself with the several accounts he has created. Good Riddance!
Alright whose mom is this? Poor thing.
Does Grizzle have any ties to Hazard whatsoever?
Bluegrass01 Wrote:He beat Russell because he was handed ATHLETIC, TALENTED, & DEVELOPED players from Coach Mullins. How did GC do against Russell this year with the team that Grizzle was supposed to develope? I rest my case. He reaped the reward from fields that he did not sow. He is leaving Greenup now because he failed and 1 more year under his direction GC would be set back another 5 years. If he wasn’t going to Hazard we would gladly wrap him in an orange blanket and give him back. This is the part where you respond with some other offensive comment. And the part where he defends himself with the several accounts he has created. Good Riddance!

This year’s Russell team was the best one that they have had in a long time. Had this year’s Russell team played the Greenup teams that won in those years Greenup would still have a long losing streak against the Red Devils.
Tailback44 Wrote:wonder if any of that talent you speak of follows dixon to perry county.

Honestly, it would surprise me.

Maybe they lose a couple of high school kids. But as far as middle school goes it is a fairly tight knit group of parents.

But, only time will tell.

So who is the next coach your going to hate on at GC???
Oleballcoach Wrote:So who is the next coach your going to hate on at GC???
Copley and Grizzle are the only bad one’s. Came in when the team was established, done nothing to develop the future and bailed out so the didn’t have to answer for their lack of coaching. Is this one of your accounts?
Bluegrass01 Wrote:Copley and Grizzle are the only bad one’s. Came in when the team was established, done nothing to develop the future and bailed out so the didn’t have to answer for their lack of coaching. Is this one of your accounts?

Then who would you want for the next head coach? Are you on the hiring Committee? Maybe also look at it this way what are the fans doing to make coaches want to stay? If GC stay in this 2-5 years coaches then they’ll never build a program. And FYI it doesn’t start at the head coach down that’s how you fall and fail. You build from the ground up with the youth league.... just a little bit of information when you hire the next coach.
Grizzle (You) probably didn’t know where the JFL games were played. He only cared about youth when it was time to rake money in from summer camp. (Which has a lot of shady issues around it.) Wait, he has the QB Camp. His own t-shirt drive that was launched at the same time the boosters was trying sell shirts FOR THE TEAM... All facts. We can keep going if needed. Any other questions?
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next