Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville Panthers
80.00%
Paintsville Tigers
20.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Paintsville (Class 1A Championship)
Patriot1 Wrote:I just like it when the use the words redemption and self proclaimed better than the 2015 team monster of a team phrases when they are the ones that brought that crap up. This is the 2019 team period and they will stand up for themselves. Now if you Blue-Bird want to talk about this game and these two 2019 teams we will. As always GO PANTHERS!!!

Now Patriot. That’s 100% on Jet. We can’t act like his comment was made by someone else. He typed those words.
Patriot1 Wrote:I think that both teams have got better during the year. This will be a war between 2 teams that really know each other. It’s going to come down to execution and mistakes in my opinion. Plus I don’t think it’s going to be no 9 to 8 game. As always GO PANTHERS!!!

Anyone who knows both teams would expect nothing less than a battle. It’s happened too many times with these two programs. This will be a GOOD ONE! Very glad they changed the format. We’ve had it before we’re both team deserved to shoot it out in the final game. Glad we finally get it! 2 great 1A programs!
Red and Black Wrote:Lots of very talented football players that I would've loved to see wearing the red and black this year on both sides in this one. I'm glad to see Pburg football players thriving, even if it couldn't be at Pburg. Chirico and McNamee are both extremely talented coaches who have built truly impressive programs for these mountain towns. God willing, I'll be there to cheer both teams on to show the rest of the state what mountain football has to offer. Man, first Pikeville vs Paintsville then Belfry vs Bell, both in the same day, both for state championships. What a day for the mountains! I love Paintsville's O-line, but I think Pikeville's McNamee to Raines connection leads Pikeville to #5. Good luck to both teams, and you've made everyone in the mountains proud!

Pikeville 28
Paintsville 20

P'burg will be back.
Enough with niceties. The Panthers prove nobody in 1A is even close to their level.

Pikeville-35
Paintsville-7

They'll get a cheap one late on the JV
For Paintsville to stay in this game they gotta manage the clock and they HAVE to have some success with play action passing. Personally I think once Isaac settles down and Pikeville licks in they will be to much for the Tigers. Pikeville +14
Pikeville 53
Paintsville. 13
Speedshot Wrote:Pikeville 53
Paintsville. 13

No way
After watching Pikeville in the state championship last year. I told many, many friends Pikeville would win 1A in 2019. Confusederiously:

Pikeville 49
Painstville 14
Biggest blowout of the weekend, IMO...

Painters - 49
Tigers - 6
Wow! Some of these predictions would paint the picture that Pikeville has gotten TREMENDOUSLY better since the first matchup and Paintsville has actually regressed! Not what I’ve seen from these 2 teams.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Biggest blowout of the weekend, IMO...

Painters - 49
Tigers - 6

😳😳😳

If that happens, I’ll eat all the crow you can find. Hickory smoked please.
Well bird they both are different teams. First matchup Pikeville’s center was hurt and only played 2 series I think, starting DE was out with a broken arm, Pugh set out the 2nd half with a injury and starting OG didn’t play 2nd half with a injury. Now Paintsville’s best WR Phelps is out and just lost I think their best lineman Ray last night. Pikeville’s Qb has really grown up since early in the season and the starting D hasn’t given up a td in 5 games. Also anybody that doesn’t think playing on turf is a big advantage to Pikeville with all there athletes and speed is looking at it through blurred vision. Just hope for a good officiated and injury free game for both teams.
These predictions are asinine!! I will only comment once this week because I will get kicked off the site but the best player on the field that controlled the first game didn’t regress and in fact had only continued his stellar play! The #1’s will cancel each other out but there is no other #22 for Pikeville!! He will visit the QB as often as he did the first game! If you have not figured out how to block him it will be another long game! We control the clock and play the Defense we have all year Paintsville wins 21-14!! Book it!!
No #22. But a #28 who is better.
Can’t understand if 22 visited so often why he had only 9 tackles for the game and none behind the line of scrimmage???
In what world man!! Im not big on offers or even ranking for that matter but #28 in on no recruiting radar and is no where near the athlete that #22 is but that’s why they play the game and #22 lived in your backfield the whole first game!! That will not change!!
What big offers does 22 have. I thought he committed to FCS Eku that hasn’t made the playoffs in years.
And #28 has no offers last I checked not even from little EKU that hasn’t made the playoffs in years!
Did you even watch the game? Pressures and hurry’s are a stat as well but doesn’t count on the stat line!! I’m sure Pikevilles coach knows exactly who he is and what he did the first game!!
And you never answered why if he lived in the backfield last game and didn’t have a sack or a tackle behind the line of scrimmage. He didn’t dominate last game and won’t this one!!
I’m done, see you guys Friday!!
SugeAvery Wrote:These predictions are asinine!! I will only comment once this week because I will get kicked off the site but the best player on the field that controlled the first game didn’t regress and in fact had only continued his stellar play! The #1’s will cancel each other out but there is no other #22 for Pikeville!! He will visit the QB as often as he did the first game! If you have not figured out how to block him it will be another long game! We control the clock and play the Defense we have all year Paintsville wins 21-14!! Book it!!

I won’t say #22 isn’t a very good player because he is. Now just how many sacks did he have against Pikeville? Now I will wait for your answer. #1 for Paintsville is a good player but I still can’t say he will cancel #1 from Pikeville out for the very reason I am biased just like you. I also believe #28 is a good linebacker and I believe he will have a lot to say about this game but not in words but on the field where it counts. Where you rally at that game? As always GO PANTHERS!!!
The biggest thing that nobody will talk about is experience in this game. I don’t care who you are, Kroger Field can intimidate you. Very easy to get “Starry Eyed” when you run out of that tunnel. Took Pikeville nearly the entire 1st half to get that out of our system last year. Beechwood didn’t have those butterflies where they’d been there before and it showed. Does that guarantee a Pikeville victory? Absolutely not! Paintsville is more than capable of beating us and will if we come out and don’t play well. With that said, the experience factor definitely favors Pikeville.
I agree with the fact that Pikeville has been in the championship game and Paintsville will be “starry eyed” a little. Paintsville has played a tougher schedule down the stretch Pikeville’s road has been much easier. Football games are won and lost up front I believe Paintsville is better up front. If Paintsville can move the chains with that physical run game they can win this game. Chirico will get pressure on Mcnamee and lets not forget this unstoppable Pikeville team only scored 9 the first go round. Paintsville didnt have much of an offense at that point in the season. Ill go on record saying if Paintsville doesnt win it this year 2020 is theirs to lose most of those kids coming back!
TigerForLife Wrote:I agree with the fact that Pikeville has been in the championship game and Paintsville will be “starry eyed” a little. Paintsville has played a tougher schedule down the stretch Pikeville’s road has been much easier. Football games are won and lost up front I believe Paintsville is better up front. If Paintsville can move the chains with that physical run game they can win this game. Chirico will get pressure on Mcnamee and lets not forget this unstoppable Pikeville team only scored 9 the first go round. Paintsville didnt have much of an offense at that point in the season. Ill go on record saying if Paintsville doesnt win it this year 2020 is theirs to lose most of those kids coming back!

Lol ! You can dream about 2020 as much as you want, but 2019 1-A Kroger field win for the Panthers is a reality. :1:
After watching both games from last night I think KCD and Holy Cross would have been a good game. If Paintsville can run the ball with Pikeville having 8-9 in the box I agree they have a real shot at winning. With that been said I think Belfry is much better up front and the backs don’t even compare even with one of Belfry’s being out when we played. I still think Pikeville being healthy this game and Paintsville being without 2 of their starters is going to be the difference.
SugeAvery Wrote:These predictions are asinine!! I will only comment once this week because I will get kicked off the site but the best player on the field that controlled the first game didn’t regress and in fact had only continued his stellar play! The #1’s will cancel each other out but there is no other #22 for Pikeville!! He will visit the QB as often as he did the first game! If you have not figured out how to block him it will be another long game! We control the clock and play the Defense we have all year Paintsville wins 21-14!! Book it!!

Dream on Alice wonderland is just around the corner 😂
Anyone know who will be home or away for this game; Reserve seating, general admission etc. ?? Last season, Pikeville was home if not mistaken.
Pikeville will be home with the higher RPI
Panthers Dominate Wrote:Pikeville will be home with the higher RPI

Much thanks.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next