Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green @ Corbin 09/27
Purple by 10
BG 34 Corbin 21 without Colin Kidd in the backfield.
Ragnar Wrote:BG 34 Corbin 21 without Colin Kidd in the backfield.

Is he hurt?
Not close since they ran Ashurst out of the region. The game will be called straight up!
BG by 14. Corbin’s team unity continues to struggle with players quitting, players confronting coach about obvious favoritism, etc. So the woes will continue this week leaving Corbin 2-3, the first losing record in a while.
This team needs a coach to step up and take control of the program, the JV team showed up for a game over an hour from home and the team did not have us on the schedule to play, then yesterday there was no JV coach at practice for the first hour so the players stood around waiting on a coach, while all 9 varsity coaches stayed with varsity team.
So to say we don’t miss any of the old coaching staff is outrageous.
The new coaches seem to really care but are handcuffed on their opinions and choices by the head coach and defensive coordinator (who needs all the help he can get).
Hoping we get it together soon!!!
D9578 Wrote:BG by 14. Corbin’s team unity continues to struggle with players quitting, players confronting coach about obvious favoritism, etc. So the woes will continue this week leaving Corbin 2-3, the first losing record in a while.
This team needs a coach to step up and take control of the program, the JV team showed up for a game over an hour from home and the team did not have us on the schedule to play, then yesterday there was no JV coach at practice for the first hour so the players stood around waiting on a coach, while all 9 varsity coaches stayed with varsity team.
The new coaches seem to really care but are handcuffed on their opinions and choices by the head coach and defensive coordinator (who needs all the help he can get).
Hoping we get it together soon!!!

Wow! :yikes:
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Not close since they ran Ashurst out of the region. The game will be called straight up!

Did they really!? People outside of Southeastern Kentucky probably won't realize how great that is.
[quote=D9578]BG by 14. Corbin’s team unity continues to struggle with players quitting, players confronting coach about obvious favoritism, etc. So the woes will continue this week leaving Corbin 2-3, the first losing record in a while.
Hoping we get it together

Look back thru my posts I’ve never been a Fan of hiring Haddix. But we did! I’m good now. He improved everything he touched. You must be one of the players, daddies, or one of the coaches who have departed. Tryin to stir up more trouble. Does the team need more discipline? Yes! Do the coaches need to do a better job coaching, instilling this discipline? Yes! Was Tommy a great loss? Yes! But it sounds to me you may be part of the problem, even if it’s just passing the info you have on this site.
We were at Kroger Field the last 2 seasons because juniors and seniors bought into the coach and his game plan. This team is the youngest, least lettered team Corbin has fielded in the Haddix Era. The schedule gets tougher and tougher. Going up a class to boot. The sky is not falling, like you want it to be perceived sir! Tell your untrue statements somewhere else. If kids are quitting the team, maybe they don’t fit. Maybe they won’t put in the work. Maybe they can’t handle being coached. Haddix has grown on me with his will to win. Get kids out to play that we’re once in the hallways. He plays the best players, does not seem to care who their mommies and daddies are. This may very well be your conflict. If so, take it up with him! I’ve been watching practice and seen parent confront him before. He is a grown man, handled it well. They didn’t post about it on BGR. Don’t be a keyboard warrior like dougie.
Lol. What was posted is factual.
D9578 Wrote:Lol. What was posted is factual.

Both are a matter of opinion but I tend to agree with Highviz we graduated 19 seniors and the team is dominated by underclassman, there was no where to go but down with the schedule and everyone pretty much knew it till it started happening then the sky is falling...Pulaski was close and while it hurts wasn’t a bad loss, Beechwood doesn’t have 14 banners hanging on the walls up there for nothing...lots of axe grinding going on right now cause it’s easy to do, lots of agendas floating around...
D9578 Wrote:Lol. What was posted is factual.

I guessed you will be posting rest of year, look forward to your comment :biglmao: Go Hounds
HighViz Wrote:[quote=D9578]BG by 14. Corbin’s team unity continues to struggle with players quitting, players confronting coach about obvious favoritism, etc. So the woes will continue this week leaving Corbin 2-3, the first losing record in a while.

Look back thru my posts I’ve never been a Fan of hiring Haddix. But we did! I’m good now. He improved everything he touched. You must be one of the players, daddies, or one of the coaches who have departed. Tryin to stir up more trouble. Does the team need more discipline? Yes! Do the coaches need to do a better job coaching, instilling this discipline? Yes! Was Tommy a great loss? Yes! But it sounds to me you may be part of the problem, even if it’s just passing the info you have on this site.
We were at Kroger Field the last 2 seasons because juniors and seniors bought into the coach and his game plan. This team is the youngest, least lettered team Corbin has fielded in the Haddix Era. The schedule gets tougher and tougher. Going up a class to boot. The sky is not falling, like you want it to be perceived sir! Tell your untrue statements somewhere else. If kids are quitting the team, maybe they don’t fit. Maybe they won’t put in the work. Maybe they can’t handle being coached. Haddix has grown on me with his will to win. Get kids out to play that we’re once in the hallways. He plays the best players, does not seem to care who their mommies and daddies are. This may very well be your conflict. If so, take it up with him! I’ve been watching practice and seen parent confront him before. He is a grown man, handled it well. They didn’t post about it on BGR. Don’t be a keyboard warrior like dougie.
I'm a warrior period. Let a sleeping dog lie.
HighViz Wrote:[quote=D9578]BG by 14. Corbin’s team unity continues to struggle with players quitting, players confronting coach about obvious favoritism, etc. So the woes will continue this week leaving Corbin 2-3, the first losing record in a while.

Steve Jewell and Willard Could have made it to state the past 2 years.
I’d love to see a Corbin win, but I believe they’ll take one on the chin against Bowling Green.
Charles Wrote:[quote=HighViz]

:eyeroll: They wouldn't have made it past Bell Co. much less Boyle....there's a reason that they're not on the sidelines any longer let it go already Steve Jewell ain't the answer...…
Charles Wrote:[quote=HighViz]

Pretty sure they both rode the band bus. Confusednicker:
According to KHSAA roster Corbin has about 30 juniors and seniors. I wouldn’t call that a young team. Picking BG to pull out the win.
Hard to win at Corbin. I’ll say the hounds in a close one
Running Back Wrote:According to KHSAA roster Corbin has about 30 juniors and seniors. I wouldn’t call that a young team. Picking BG to pull out the win.

Lol, yeah, there varsity young, at a lot of positions, first time experience, it’s easy to punch them while they are down, I guess next year Boyle and Johnson Central will have awesome years too with new kids on the field, especially at the QB spot. Corbin is playing a heavyweight schedule vs a lollipop like a lot of teams. They’ll be fine.
I don’t think it’s fair to criticize Haddix coaching during the season. I don’t think he made the best decisions in the offseason in terms of assistant coaches that don’t match his philosophy. When you don’t have complete trust in your coaching staff the job gets much harder. Talent is there. Experience isn’t. You get better playing games. Especially tough ones. They’ll be fine at some point. The only criticism is I feel like some players don’t have backups. Meaning they do not fear losing their position even for a series. Longmire might be a D1 talent but doesn’t show fundamental discipline. I saying I like. You’re either coaching it. Or you’re allowing it.
Running Back Wrote:According to KHSAA roster Corbin has about 30 juniors and seniors. I wouldn’t call that a young team. Picking BG to pull out the win.

:lame:
UCfan1 Wrote:I don’t think it’s fair to criticize Haddix coaching during the season. I don’t think he made the best decisions in the offseason in terms of assistant coaches that don’t match his philosophy. When you don’t have complete trust in your coaching staff the job gets much harder. Talent is there. Experience isn’t. You get better playing games. Especially tough ones. They’ll be fine at some point. The only criticism is I feel like some players don’t have backups. Meaning they do not fear losing their position even for a series. Longmire might be a D1 talent but doesn’t show fundamental discipline. I saying I like. You’re either coaching it. Or you’re allowing it.

:Thumbs:
64SUR Wrote:[quote=Charles]

Pretty sure they both rode the band bus. Confusednicker:
And you know this because you were on the bus.
pjdoug Wrote:[quote=64SUR]
And you know this because you were on the bus.

No I was on the team bus. :Cheerlead.