Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franklin Simpson 14 Johnson Central 12 (4A State Championship)
These past four seasons are something JC fans will remember as long as time endures and all future teams will be compared to.

The senior class ends their career with a 51-8 overall record (only 14 games were played in 2015).
12-2; 14-1; 12-3; 13-2.
3 district championships.
4 regional championships.
4 semi-state championships.
3 4A state runners-up.
1 4A state championship.

Four of the eight losses came against teams that won the state championship in their respective class.
Belfry - 3 (2015 & 2016 (5 points) won the 3A state finals those years).
Franklin-Simpson - 2 (2017 & 2018 (2 points) 4A state finals).
Capital, WV. - 1 (7 points).
South Warren - 1 (2015 4A state finals).
Ashland - 1 (3 points).

Only two losses at home out of thirty two games by a total of twelve points. A 30-2 home record has to be one of the best W/L records in the state the past four seasons.

The JC family lost a super-fan before our second game this year. "Big" Ben Johnson came to the first game in a wheelchair, but passed away a few days later. That week, a football game was more than a football game. The crowd from both teams were cheering for #3 when he ran it to the end zone for the first time that night. The song Dixieland Delight by Alabama will always remind me of this season.

The 2019 season started Sunday. There's no reason the next four years can't be just as good if not better.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:These past four seasons are something JC fans will remember as long as time endures and all future teams will be compared to.

The senior class ends their career with a 51-8 overall record (only 14 games were played in 2015).
12-2; 14-1; 12-3; 13-2.
3 district championships.
4 regional championships.
4 semi-state championships.
3 4A state runners-up.
1 4A state championship.

Four of the eight losses came against teams that won the state championship in their respective class.
Belfry - 3 (2015 & 2016 (5 points) won the 3A state finals those years).
Franklin-Simpson - 2 (2017 & 2018 (2 points) 4A state finals).
Capital, WV. - 1 (7 points).
South Warren - 1 (2015 4A state finals).
Ashland - 1 (3 points).

Only two losses at home out of thirty two games by a total of twelve points. A 30-2 home record has to be one of the best W/L records in the state the past four seasons.

The JC family lost a super-fan before our second game this year. "Big" Ben Johnson came to the first game in a wheelchair, but passed away a few days later. That week, a football game was more than a football game. The crowd from both teams were cheering for #3 when he ran it to the end zone for the first time that night. The song Dixieland Delight by Alabama will always remind me of this season.

The 2019 season started Sunday. There's no reason the next four years can't be just as good if not better.

Coach Matney has really built a powerhouse in Paintsville. The JC Football Family has much to be proud of. July will be here before you know it :biggrin:
Spend my dollar parked in a holler 'neath the mountain moonlight...…………….
Mcats10 Wrote:I’ve read every post. I watched the game live and I have seen the replay and I did and do believe the calls were the right calls. If the roles were reversed I would hope I would be hurt and frustrated, and not looking to cast blame on another human because my team did lose. My thoughts are that if JC had taken care of business in the red zone those td’s would not have mattered. JC left either 12 or 28 points off the boards because they didn’t score in those trips. The reason they didn’t score was because of FS.
It’s like and employee that has seven times to be absent a year and on the eighth time they get released from their duties. The employee uses 7 of them fishing and then the on the eighth time they have to be off because of sickness and they get fired, management is wrong because they fired them because they were legitimately sick. NO! It was the other seven times of not doing the right thing is what got them fired.
If JC had scored on just one of those drives they would have one, but they didn’t. I did not have a son playing on either team, but the best team won Saturday night in Lexington.
Congrats to FS.
Also, congrats to JC for a great season. It didn’t end the way you wanted, but let it motivate you to get better on and off the field and not bitter.

I also watched the game live and have watched the replay and I did and do believe the calls were the wrong calls. I wouldn’t cast blame on another person if there was no blame to be cast, but there is. And JC in fact DID score twice and had them called back NOT because of FS. The other times they didn’t score were because of FS but twice, they did score and had it erased inexplicably. I don’t think we’ll know if the better team won because little of it was left in the players’ hands. I don’t have a kid on either team either. I just hate it for the kids to feel like something was taken from them.
Ref Devil Wrote:No, you dont know what the rule says cause it doesnt say any of that at all. Where are you getting your rule info from? I think you should look up the rule yourself and not what you hear cause that is not anywhere close to what the rule says about illegal blindside blocks. Look up the rules and I think you'll have a different opinion. But to each his own.

Well I do know the rules because I have them here in front of me but it’s called paraphrasing. So I didn’t go by what I heard I went by what I read straight from KHSAA. Rules are meant to be interpreted so how you see it may be different than how I see it. It doesn’t make either one of us right or wrong. Either way, it was a hit straight to the front side of the shoulder pads so anyone who would back that call apparently favorably watches soft football.
PorterPanthers Wrote:Well I do know the rules because I have them here in front of me but it’s called paraphrasing. So I didn’t go by what I heard I went by what I read straight from KHSAA. Rules are meant to be interpreted so how you see it may be different than how I see it. It doesn’t make either one of us right or wrong. Either way, it was a hit straight to the front side of the shoulder pads so anyone who would back that call apparently favorably watches soft football.

Ok, if you say so. If you have them in front of you, then what does it say about an illegal blindside block? Not your "interpretation " but what does the rule say?
Ref Devil Wrote:Ok, if you say so. If you have them in front of you, then what does it say about an illegal blindside block? Not your "interpretation " but what does the rule say?

These are the last two subsets from rule 2-32-16. I’m quoting.

g) A player obviously out of the play or not in the immediate vicinity of the runner; and

h) A player who received a blindside block with forceful contact not initiated with open hands.
PorterPanthers Wrote:These are the last two subsets from rule 2-32-16. I’m quoting.

g) A player obviously out of the play or not in the immediate vicinity of the runner; and

h) A player who received a blindside block with forceful contact not initiated with open hands.

Correct, he's got to hit him with open hands on all blindside blocks. Did he hit him with open hands or did he hit him with his shoulder?
Ref Devil Wrote:Correct, he's got to hit him with open hands on all blindside blocks. Did he hit him with open hands or did he hit him with his shoulder?

He was in the vicinity of the runner and was looking right at it. Come on.
Will the final score be overturned giving Johnson Central the win?
PorterPanthers Wrote:He was in the vicinity of the runner and was looking right at it. Come on.

That is irrelevant. It doesnt matter where they are on the field, they still have to make legal contact and that means leading with open hands on all blindside blocks. It doesnt matter if we like the rule or not, that's what the rule is now in high school football.

Youre just listing examples of a defenseless player. There are many more examples that you failed to list, I'm sure.

You can believe me or not. My brother is an official and I called him just to be sure and he agreed. Where the players is on the field is irrelevant. You must make legal contact with open hands on ALL blindside blocks anywhere on the field. It could be 2 feet from the runner, it still applies.

I'll leave it at that. I was just a football fan watching game and it doesnt matter to me. I thought it was a great game by both sides. Enjoyed what games I did get to watch, they all seemed like really competitive games.
Ref Devil Wrote:That is irrelevant. It doesnt matter where they are on the field, they still have to make legal contact and that means leading with open hands on all blindside blocks. It doesnt matter if we like the rule or not, that's what the rule is now in high school football.

Youre just listing examples of a defenseless player. There are many more examples that you failed to list, I'm sure.

You can believe me or not. My brother is an official and I called him just to be sure and he agreed. Where the players is on the field is irrelevant. You must make legal contact with open hands on ALL blindside blocks anywhere on the field. It could be 2 feet from the runner, it still applies.
This was apoint of emphasis by Julian the last 2 years.
Looked back on it all, seems to me that the calls that were made they got correct. People get way too caught up in officiating. It was decided by the kids, and that’s the bottom line.
Ref Devil Wrote:That is irrelevant. It doesnt matter where they are on the field, they still have to make legal contact and that means leading with open hands on all blindside blocks. It doesnt matter if we like the rule or not, that's what the rule is now in high school football.

I'll leave it at that. I was just a football fan watching game and it doesnt matter to me. I thought it was a great game by both sides. Enjoyed what games I did get to watch, they all seemed like really competitive games.

I’ll choose not to believe you. I’m not for patty cake football and if that’s what Kentucky high school football is gonna subscribe to then I wouldn’t want a title under that ideology. It’s already watered down enough with six classes in a small state. I didn’t “fail” to list anything. I listed what you asked for and you didn’t like it. Not my fault. I’ll defend those kids forever and always. By the way, I’ve never seen a referee stop a game at the high school level to tie a kid’s cleats for him. Just sayin... and I’ll leave it at that.
PorterPanthers Wrote:I’ll choose not to believe you. I’m not for patty cake football and if that’s what Kentucky high school football is gonna subscribe to then I wouldn’t want a title under that ideology. It’s already watered down enough with six classes in a small state. I didn’t “fail” to list anything. I listed what you asked for and you didn’t like it. Not my fault. I’ll defend those kids forever and always. By the way, I’ve never seen a referee stop a game at the high school level to tie a kid’s cleats for him. Just sayin... and I’ll leave it at that.

Well, dont believe me, I guess facts dont matter to some.

I've seen them stop a game and let a kid tie his shoe but never seen an official tie it. That would be weird. They didnt show that on the broadcast.

I'm not so sure why you are so defensive and argumentative with me. I'm simply trying to explain a newer rule. And it's just not Kentucky, the NFHS rules are used by all states. It's just what the game is now and it's not going back. Whether we like them or not, its changing on all levels and it's a forever thing. We wont have football to enjoy if they don't do something though.

You can defend kids all you want. Defending doesnt make you right and by the way the rule is written, it was a correct call. The broadcasters even talked about the rule. Doesnt matter if we like it or not, correct is correct.
Ref Devil Wrote:Well, dont believe me, I guess facts dont matter to some.

I've seen them stop a game and let a kid tie his shoe but never seen an official tie it. That would be weird. They didnt show that on the broadcast.

I'm not so sure why you are so defensive and argumentative with me. I'm simply trying to explain a newer rule. And it's just not Kentucky, the NFHS rules are used by all states. It's just what the game is now and it's not going back. Whether we like them or not, its changing on all levels and it's a forever thing. We wont have football to enjoy if they don't do something though.

You can defend kids all you want. Defending doesnt make you right and by the way the rule is written, it was a correct call. The broadcasters even talked about the rule. Doesnt matter if we like it or not, correct is correct.

Facts do matter to me. That’s why I’m not listening to you. You don’t have to explain a new rule to me because I’m up to date on the rules. I’m not saying I’m right. You’re the one that has been so adamant that you’re right. You think because someone believes differently than you that means they’re wrong.
Ref Devil Wrote:No, you dont know what the rule says cause it doesnt say any of that at all. Where are you getting your rule info from? I think you should look up the rule yourself and not what you hear cause that is not anywhere close to what the rule says about illegal blindside blocks. Look up the rules and I think you'll have a different opinion. But to each his own.

May I ask if you have no dog in this fight why then would you continue to argue with others over the rules pertaining to the calls made in the game , not saying either Side is right or wrong just an observation.. i early on made posts about the game out of frustration , I have come to the conclusion that no matter what I , you or others say it is no going to change the outcome of the game the calls were made we cannot change them . Congrats to Franklin-Simpson on their win , one can only hope to see these two great teams meet once again in the 2019 championship game and battle it out again.. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all God Bless!
I saw the pic of the ref tying the kid from FS shoe floating around Facebook. That was a first! 😂😂

Ref Devil Wrote:Well, dont believe me, I guess facts dont matter to some.

ram-97 Wrote:May I ask if you have no dog in this fight why then would you continue to argue with others over the rules pertaining to the calls made in the game , not saying either Side is right or wrong just an observation.. i early on made posts about the game out of frustration , I have come to the conclusion that no matter what I , you or others say it is no going to change the outcome of the game the calls were made we cannot change them . Congrats to Franklin-Simpson on their win , one can only hope to see these two great teams meet once again in the 2019 championship game and battle it out again.. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all God Bless!

Just having a conversation. That's all. I'm not arguing, I'm just talking about the rules and the game that football is now. It's just different than it was even 5 yrs ago. Message boards are for conversations, right?
ricks Wrote:I saw the pic of the ref tying the kid from FS shoe floating around Facebook. That was a first! 😂😂

That's funny!
PorterPanthers Wrote:Facts do matter to me. That’s why I’m not listening to you. You don’t have to explain a new rule to me because I’m up to date on the rules. I’m not saying I’m right. You’re the one that has been so adamant that you’re right. You think because someone believes differently than you that means they’re wrong.

I dont know what you're talking about and why you're so defensive. Geez. I havent been adamant about anything. I was just having a conversation about a game that I paid $10 to watch on stream. Relax. I thought it was a hellava game.
ram-97 Wrote:May I ask if you have no dog in this fight why then would you continue to argue with others over the rules pertaining to the calls made in the game , not saying either Side is right or wrong just an observation.. i early on made posts about the game out of frustration , I have come to the conclusion that no matter what I , you or others say it is no going to change the outcome of the game the calls were made we cannot change them . Congrats to Franklin-Simpson on their win , one can only hope to see these two great teams meet once again in the 2019 championship game and battle it out again.. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all God Bless!

Others???? I was having a conversation with 1 person.
Ref Devil Wrote:That's funny!

It was a deadball situation and the kid was wearing gloves and couldn’t tie it himself. Lol... Everybody is looking for the advantage. Haha... That FS dude probably ran faster and jumped higher after he tied his shoe. Haha
Ref Devil Wrote:Others???? I was having a conversation with 1 person.

Sorry my bad I apologize!
The saga continues Confusednicker:
Mcats10 Wrote:It was a deadball situation and the kid was wearing gloves and couldn’t tie it himself. Lol... Everybody is looking for the advantage. Haha... That FS dude probably ran faster and jumped higher after he tied his shoe. Haha

I wish they wouldve showed that on the broadcast. Now, THAT would be worth the $10 I paid to see. Too funny.
Can’t we all just be friends 🤔
Mcats10 Wrote:It was a deadball situation and the kid was wearing gloves and couldn’t tie it himself. Lol... Everybody is looking for the advantage. Haha... That FS dude probably ran faster and jumped higher after he tied his shoe. Haha

Oh, so he was wearing Red Ball Jets.

Maybe a little before your time.:biggrin:
Did everybody that go to Lexington, or watch the games via stream, drink sour Kool-Aid or something? My goodness, I've never seen so much verbal sparring across each of the six games. Heck, the one that has the least verbal sparring was the most surprising victory of each of the six championship games (SW over CovCath) and I wouldn't have expected that.

Enjoy the games. It's very rare to see all six state championship games come down to the wire. Tells me that Kentucky football and the quality of it is improving at the top. Still some work to do, but it's certainly getting better!