Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield @ Walton Verona (2A Semi)
What little I have seen of WV is a defense that stacks the box and focuses on taking away the run. This simply will not work against this MF bunch. WV's dbs don't match up well enough with MF's receivers to pull this off. Look for MF to have a huge game through the air.
mysonis55 Wrote:He wants to like us soooo bad. He constantly comes into threads we start for our team and does nothing but stir crap. Just trying to fit in. Someone should just go ahead and get him a cardinal shirt.

I bet he he wears most of his shirts inside out.:HitWall:
WV appears to favor 3 wides, shotgun look with split backs. They like to use the wheel route a bit. They have big linemen that kind of remind me of the 2010 Lou Holy Cross team. They will be tired by end of first quarter. They don’t have the speed needed at db’s. Therefore they favor giving a big cushion soo, slants and hitches.
Snakesnot Wrote:How do you have the time to post between your burger flipping job and looking after your still?:Shaking:

I'm good at multi-tasking.
mysonis55 Wrote:He wants to like us soooo bad. He constantly comes into threads we start for our team and does nothing but stir crap. Just trying to fit in. Someone should just go ahead and get him a cardinal shirt.

I'm a fan of Mayfield. just not a fan of yours.
Kracken Wrote:What little I have seen of WV is a defense that stacks the box and focuses on taking away the run. This simply will not work against this MF bunch. WV's dbs don't match up well enough with MF's receivers to pull this off. Look for MF to have a huge game through the air.

They will be in trouble for sure if they try that.
Mayfield just has that pesky little vulnerability of giving up the occasional big play. Forces their flummoxed boosters to call all of those plays "flukes."
Running Clock in 2nd Quarter
Tica Wrote:Mayfield just has that pesky little vulnerability of giving up the occasional big play. Forces their flummoxed boosters to call all of those plays "flukes."

True:Sad04:
Seeing the few highlights from the Glasgow game you can tell that it was, plain and simple, blown coverage that allowed the game winning touchdown, with absolutely no pressure on the quarterback at all. IMO Glasgow gave this game away. If WV wants to keep this close for more than a quarter, they would need to have long, clock eating drive and come away with 7 points at the end of it. Other teams have tried this and had very little success for more than a half. I just can't see any way this ends up being a competitive game.
Tica Wrote:Mayfield just has that pesky little vulnerability of giving up the occasional big play. Forces their flummoxed boosters to call all of those plays "flukes."

They'll make simple adjustments if they get flummoxed Confusednicker:
weather conditions are continuing to trend toward a rain game
PJ if we win and advance to the title game in Lex it would be fun for you and Snake to meet up. maybe even sit together
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:PJ if we win and advance to the title game in Lex it would be fun for you and Snake to meet up. maybe even sit together

Not sure if I'll go or not. I might go watch Pikeville play.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:PJ if we win and advance to the title game in Lex it would be fun for you and Snake to meet up. maybe even sit together

I want to sit behind them. Might be more entertaining than the games
football fan42 Wrote:I want to sit behind them. Might be more entertaining than the games

If he’s anywhere close to my buddy snake, I’ll be at least 50 seats in the other direction
Tough crowd this Mayfield bunch for sure
rookie57 Wrote:If he’s anywhere close to my buddy snake, I’ll be at least 50 seats in the other direction

I will be one of the best people there Smile
Mayfield is cruising on to the state championship game!

Mayfield - 42

Walton Verona - 21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
pjdoug Wrote:I'm a fan of Mayfield. just not a fan of yours.

Now that hurts. You talking like that won’t get you invited to Christmas dinner.
MC, you have the worst weather reports. Still checking my weather on the app and shows almost no rain chances until after 10pm.
mysonis55 Wrote:MC, you have the worst weather reports. Still checking my weather on the app and shows almost no rain chances until after 10pm.

That's what im seeing on mine. Either way, coach will make sure the footballs are wet during practice so theyll be ready.
mysonis55 Wrote:Now that hurts. You talking like that won’t get you invited to Christmas dinner.

I can cook my own dinner Smile
mysonis55 Wrote:MC, you have the worst weather reports. Still checking my weather on the app and shows almost no rain chances until after 10pm.

We have to hope it holds off until after the game but this far out it would only take a slight speed up and boom rain at gametime.
PJ get back in the game and save the nonsense post until after the game please
pjdoug Wrote:I can cook my own dinner Smile

I bet you cook your food on your engine block.
Snakesnot Wrote:I bet you cook your food on your engine block.

Lmbo
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:PJ get back in the game and save the nonsense post until after the game please

nonsense? look down. lol
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:PJ get back in the game and save the nonsense post until after the game please

That’s the blocks he was built upon.
I'm thankful for another year getting to watch our boys practice on Thanksgiving.