•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin vs Mayfield @ Austin Peay Univ.
Hound05 Wrote:I guess I’ll make you mad then haha. Cause I couldn’t care less about this game. Wanna win, but I’ve got bigger goals and higher standards than beating some runner up team again in the middle of the season hahaWink

I do think MF is going to be in for a rude awakening

Do you? bird brain thinks Corbin is gonna lose big.
rookie57 Wrote:Come on Hatz, you sound like one of these Corbin homers, STOMPED?? Give me a break, Danville won, they were the better team, but no way you can honestly say they stomped Mayfield.

stomped is understatement.
rookie57 Wrote:This thread reminds me of why I went out of my way to go to Lexington early to watch Boyle county STOMP Corbin.
Does it also remind you how you cried for months after getting riddled by Danville? Did birdbrain55 embrace you after the game and cry on your shoulder?
Westside Wrote:Was this the same year Danville stomped Mayfield?

You know it, but Danville actually stomps them every time they play :hilarious:
rookie57 Wrote:Nope, cause Danville didn’t stomp mayfield, some of you guys just can’t be objective.

Some of you can't handle the truth. Danville thoroughly plucked and singed the birds.
Westside Wrote:IMO this game is a toss up. It's should be a dandy.
I think so too. I'm ready for a big crow pie if they score 51 on Corbin. If Corbin wins I'm going to feast on a different kind of bird Confusednicker:
Hound05 Wrote:Well it must be somewhere between 14 and 19 hahaha. Those 5 points must have been huge haha. Face it. Mayfield got stomped too. And beat by an apparent nobody runner up last year. So that says a lot about the 4th most wins In the nation team. Can’t beat a team that “isn’t there” haha

He is too easy. he sets himself up for the kill Confusednicker:
mysonis55 Wrote:Good gosh, hold it together guys. First off, I rooted for Corbin every game but one last year and will do the same again this year. That is of course, unless they meet PT or Caldwell in state.

Here’s the way I see it. The bottom line is, this is supposed to be about discussing your opinions, that’s right opinions, of who will when and by how much and why. Corbin fans and even those who aren’t Corbin fans except when they are playing a West Ky team, have their opinion and we have ours. Why are we illiterate or backwards for having our opinion? Why are they illiterate or backwards for theirs?

The bottom line is, we disagree. I firmly believe that Mayfield is at least 3 scores better than Corbin this year. I get this from film study, coach discussion and partly from the IMTU grading system. We all will find out who is right, sometime around 9pm CST on Friday.

Your arrogance/ignorance is extreme when you pick Mayfield to win by at least 3 scores. be sure to give us a rundown on the film study late Friday night.
Westside Wrote:mysonis55, I agree with what you stated besides your assessment of how much better Mayfield is, but I have to have a little fun with you.

Here is a quote that someone made in last year's Danville-Mayfield State Title Prediction Thread after a similar film study. That person shall remain nameless.

"After viewing the film in detail, I can see simple adjustments that will take away most of the Ads O."

Confusednicker:

I do have a question for you. What exactly do you mean by three scores?
I want to learn more about the simple adjustments. lol
Hound05 Wrote:“That person” might wanna keep their day job. Because football analyst sure isn’t in their cards hahah. I believe it was the same predictions about this game last year. But I’m having a blast with it. This is the most fun I’ve had on here in a while. If, and that’s a big if, MF is 3 scores better than us outside of a fluke game (ie belfry/central) they might as well cancel the 2A playoffs

Corbin needs to forfeit the rest of the season if they lose by more than 3 scores.
mysonis55 Wrote:I remember that quote. They didn’t use the adjustments suggested. Gave qb too much room.
They.
bcpc Wrote:Lol so your scores could be field goals and safeties... ok. I gotcha. U crack me up 55.

She cracks me up too. I don't like Corbin, but I guess I'll cheer for The Hounds in this one Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Do you? bird brain thinks Corbin is gonna lose big.

Same thing last year. In the words of Kevin Hart, “You gonna learn today” actually Friday.
pjdoug Wrote:He is too easy. he sets himself up for the kill Confusednicker:

Not as much as the one who said PT would run all over us haha. Then when learning they are the center of the running joke they say they were kidding.
Hound05 Wrote:Same thing last year. In the words of Kevin Hart, “You gonna learn today” actually Friday.
Go Redhounds!
Can anyone tell me if this game is a 7:00 or 7:30 start time?
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:I don't like or understand these past two games for Corbin. Corbin obviously has a legit title shot this year, last year, and years to come, so why play these 1A and 2A powerhouses? If I was scheduling for Corbin I'd be setting up games with Cov Cath, Bowling Green, Scott County, Alcoa every year, and games that help Corbin. Playing Beechwood and Mayfield only helps Beechwood and Mayfield in my opinion.
No offense but you won against 1a beechwood by a touchdown. Did you see what Cov cath did the following week? I did. Wasn’t pretty. Also no offense, but scheduling Corbin would not help Covington catholic in the slightest to head in the direction they are trying to go.
Woodsman Wrote:No offense but you won against 1a beechwood by a touchdown. Did you see what Cov cath did the following week? I did. Wasn’t pretty. Also no offense, but scheduling Corbin would not help Covington catholic in the slightest to head in the direction they are trying to go.
Apparently stomping beechwood doesn’t either. Why would anything you say offend a poster who is actively against Corbin?
I'm a little confused by some of the Mayfield fan's comments. Some say that Coach Morris and his staff are great coaches. Then we have some one state prior to last year's state title game with Danville that some simple adjustments would take away most of the Ads O yet the coaching staff failed to implement those simple adjustments and Mayfield ended up surrendering 35 points. I was leaning toward picking Mayfield, but after considering this, Corbin may have the coaching advantage.
rookie57 Wrote:Come on Hatz, you sound like one of these Corbin homers, STOMPED?? Give me a break, Danville won, they were the better team, but no way you can honestly say they stomped Mayfield.

I watched the game. Mayfield scored on the last play of the game to make it 15 points.

Their first score came when Danville was backed up with a substitute QB mishandling everything fir a series.

Danville’s Offense was too fast for the Cards and their D Line was too much for their offense.

I’m no Corbin homer because of an event years ago in 1990.
Snakesnot Wrote:Danville beat Mayfield last year. Out played them for the most part and got a gift touchdown.

One thing is this Danville will probably have some good to great teams from time to time but they have been on a down cycle for the last 12 years or so. Hard to see the game from Martinsville VA. I was there.

I watched it online. :Thumbs:

So my travel time was a little easier than yours Snake. :biggrin:
mysonis55 Wrote:I remember that quote. They didn’t use the adjustments suggested. Gave qb too much room.

None of your adjustments would have stopped what you can’t catch.
mysonis55 Wrote:I don’t think either team was stomped. But, neither of us brought home the gold ball. That’s not what we want.

The Cards scored on the last play of the game. That last drive the Ads didn’t care if you scored or not, it was over.

It really was a three score margin and comfortable when it mattered most.
Hound05 Wrote:Apparently stomping beechwood doesn’t either. Why would anything you say offend a poster who is actively against Corbin?

Yes, if it weren’t for geographic proximity and history...there would be no reason for these teams to schedule each other. Covington Catholic is clearly trying to take the entire school (all facets) to another level. The becchwood vs Cch rivalry may not be around forever
Westside Wrote:I'm a little confused by some of the Mayfield fan's comments. Some say that Coach Morris and his staff are great coaches. Then we have some one state prior to last year's state title game with Danville that some simple adjustments would take away most of the Ads O yet the coaching staff failed to implement those simple adjustments and Mayfield ended up surrendering 35 points. I was leaning toward picking Mayfield, but after considering this, Corbin may have the coaching advantage.
I was also baffled as to why a coach like Morris wouldn't take the great advice from a fan that studies video for hours, and simply make the simple adjustments. I thought he was a great coach, but it makes one wonder.
[Image:

]

Bolz, that mayfield ice cream team won't know what hit them. Haddy and company will freakin own Austin Peay baby. You heard it here first.

#icecreamteamsnotbadidea More mash taters please!!!
Hatz Wrote:None of your adjustments would have stopped what you can’t catch.
An adjustment of her arrogant attitude might save her a few tears. lol
fatpatfan Wrote:[Image:

]

Bolz, that mayfield ice cream team won't know what hit them. Haddy and company will freakin own Austin Peay baby. You heard it here first.

sounds about right Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
fatpatfan Wrote:[Image:

]

I was worried a little until fat pat gave his prediction! Buddy you’re like a goat that keeps the race horse calm.
With FatPatFan on board :Hungry::Hungry: Corbin get another point added on and mayfield lose 3pts on my final prediction :Cheerlead

Corbin 43
Mayfield 21
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next