•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin vs Mayfield @ Austin Peay Univ.
Westside Wrote:LOL! This may be the most arrogant statement I have ever read on Bluegrass Rivals. While I agree Mayfield has one of the best programs in the state, Corbin isn't chopped liver. So you are assuming that if you all pick Haddix as your next coach, he will drop everything and move to Mayfield? That is a bit conceded.

It's Haddix or Saban...coin flip
Westside Wrote:LOL! This may be the most arrogant statement I have ever read on Bluegrass Rivals. While I agree Mayfield has one of the best programs in the state, Corbin isn't chopped liver. So you are assuming that if you all pick Haddix as your next coach, he will drop everything and move to Mayfield? That is a bit conceded.

One could not blame him if he was given that rare opportunity and yes he would be nuts not to jump
billsizemore63 Wrote:I’ll tell ya what I thought Trinity fans were cocky. They don’t hold a light to you Mayfield fans lol. I would say that I feel like you’re gonna get humbled Friday but I feel like you’ll be the type to blame officiating weather or something similar

When you're the 5th winning program in the Nation

12 state titles

gone to 8 out of 9 last state championships

ranked #1 in its class

ranked #3 in lit ratings for the whole state in 2018

winning record against Corbin... confidence not cocky

Corbin can say none of this.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Corbin has excellent coaching, just not as good as MF's. Haddix is the best young coach I can think of but the vet Morris has more and a staff that I believe to be the best in the state. When Morris retires Haddix might be the guy we pick next. Corbin also has great tradition but don't kid yourself at it being equal to MF's. We have more wins, (4th Nationally), alot more state titles and lead the head to head record vs Corbin. Mayfield is a blue blood and that tradition gives our kids an extra edge. That is something you wouldnt understand until you have experienced it. Is it enough to beat a great Corbin team? No idea but it helps

You should read more about Corbin history.
Tica Wrote:Plus Mayfield coaches seem to get new pickup trucks.
Confusednicker:
billsizemore63 Wrote:I’ll tell ya what I thought Trinity fans were cocky. They don’t hold a light to you Mayfield fans lol. I would say that I feel like you’re gonna get humbled Friday but I feel like you’ll be the type to blame officiating weather or something similar

Most Mayfield fans are down to earth good people. Some have their head in the clouds, but they are likely transplants.
bcpc Wrote:Less than a .01% chance Mayfield scores 51 points. If you are a bookie, I need your number please.

I want in on that action too.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think one of the linemen graded out at 90%.

I figured anyone with any football knowledge would know what this grading scale is. I mean, I expected Dougie to not know but, I’m sure some of the Corbin fans have used it in the past. :biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:
I expected you to stop crying or be in the nervous hospital by now, but here you are with your same lame posts with your poor attempts at insulting somebody while looking like an idiot. I know more about football than you'll ever know. games are won and lost on the field. not by reading a book. I guess you think price guides buy baseball cards. :lame: describes you best. no need in wasting words.
Patriot1 Wrote:I give mysonis55 he has great football knowledge giving all these grades and scores
I'll give my score out Friday night while birdbrain55 is drinking the blues away.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:One could not blame him if he was given that rare opportunity and yes he would be nuts not to jump
Why would he be nuts not to jump?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think population in corbin is closer to 10K now.
The reason the numbers aren't figuring in your head is because of recipricol agreements. Corbin has hundreds of kids I'm their school system that live outside city limits in Whitley county as well as Knox and Laurel.
It's pretty much open enrollment and corbin is sitting in a perfect spot to pick and choose kids from the entire tri county area. Even if the recirpricol agreements didnt exist like the old days, kids could still pay tuition to attend corbin if they lived out of district.

It's what has worked for them for 100 years.

Laurel county ended the reciprocal agreement years ago and Knox has put a limit on it.
Definitely a Mayfield fan Friday night, go Cards!!
pjdoug Wrote:Why would he be nuts not to jump?

These type comments add to the entertainment we are already enjoying Confusednicker:

I dont expect Morris to leave for some time nor would I expect Haddix to want to leave his area of the state for a HS job but this type comment sure gets under some folks skin
Snakesnot Wrote:When you're the 5th winning program in the Nation

12 state titles

ranked #1 in its class

We are now 4th Nationally! passed that Ohio team at the end of last season
Snakesnot Wrote:When you're the 5th winning program in the Nation

12 state titles

ranked #1 in its class

Ranked #1 in 2A isn’t really something outstanding.
pjdoug Wrote:Most Mayfield fans are down to earth good people. Some have their head in the clouds, but they are likely transplants.

It just happens to be a majority of the homers are on here. Not a true picture of their fan base. Actually met some of their old players at the state game. Good kids.
There is ONE thing for sure about this game. Come late Friday night a couple people are gonna be really happy or really upset. Either way, I await PJ’s comments afterwards directed at those who will probably need counseling.
Hound05 Wrote:There is ONE thing for sure about this game. Come late Friday night a couple people are gonna be really happy or really upset. Either way, I await PJ’s comments afterwards directed at those who will probably need counseling.

Yes the ones happy he will make mad and the ones mad he will make angry
Patriot1 Wrote:Yes the ones happy he will make mad and the ones mad he will make angry

I guess I’ll make you mad then haha. Cause I couldn’t care less about this game. Wanna win, but I’ve got bigger goals and higher standards than beating some runner up team again in the middle of the season hahaWink

I do think MF is going to be in for a rude awakening
As a fan of Ky high school football this game would be fun to watch. Quality programs both.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Hound05 Wrote:I guess I’ll make you mad then haha. Cause I couldn’t care less about this game. Wanna win, but I’ve got bigger goals and higher standards than beating some runner up team again in the middle of the season hahaWink

Im with you on this. I kinda hope that Mayfield brings JV cause what does a win in the middle of the season over a team that was Runner Up by default just for being on the right side of the bracket and avoiding Elizabethtown mean anyways. It means nothing. No since in getting starters hurt id set them, and just take the loss. Its better to be the Runner up to the team that beat the 3a champ than it is to get spanked by the 3a champ that couldnt beat a 2a team. Just doing my part to keep this alive lol.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Im with you on this. I kinda hope that Mayfield brings JV cause what does a win in the middle of the season over a team that was Runner Up by default just for being on the right side of the bracket and avoiding Elizabethtown mean anyways. It means nothing. No since in getting starters hurt id set them, and just take the loss. Its better to be the Runner up to the team that beat the 3a champ than it is to get spanked by the 3a champ that couldnt beat a 2a team. Just doing my part to keep this alive lol.

Not just any 2A team but the 2A Champ that blew everyone away on their way to a title. Just saying. :biggrin:

Not sure what it means for Mayfield. Beaten by the 3A ruunerup and stomped by the 2A Champ.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:We are now 4th Nationally! passed that Ohio team at the end of last season

Going to have to almost win out this year to keep the 4th spot, cause Washington Massillon wont lose a game to at least semis. If Corbin, and Caldwell beat Mayfield, and Mayfield doesnt win the title they might get passed.
Hatz Wrote:Not just any 2A team but the 2A Champ that blew everyone away on their way to a title. Just saying. :biggrin:

Not sure what it means for Mayfield. Beaten by the 3A ruunerup and stomped by the 2A Champ.

I like it
Hound05 Wrote:I guess I’ll make you mad then haha. Cause I couldn’t care less about this game. Wanna win, but I’ve got bigger goals and higher standards than beating some runner up team again in the middle of the season hahaWink

You can’t make me mad, I understand completely what your saying. This is a game that all the young men would love to win but definitely not the ones that matters to get to what the really want
Hatz Wrote:Not just any 2A team but the 2A Champ that blew everyone away on their way to a title. Just saying. :biggrin:

Come on Hatz, you sound like one of these Corbin homers, STOMPED?? Give me a break, Danville won, they were the better team, but no way you can honestly say they stomped Mayfield.
This thread reminds me of why I went out of my way to go to Lexington early to watch Boyle county STOMP Corbin.
rookie57 Wrote:This thread reminds me of why I went out of my way to go to Lexington early to watch Boyle county STOMP Corbin.

Was this the same year Danville stomped Mayfield?
Westside Wrote:Was this the same year Danville stomped Mayfield?

Nope, cause Danville didn’t stomp mayfield, some of you guys just can’t be objective.
rookie57 Wrote:Nope, cause Danville didn’t stomp mayfield, some of you guys just can’t be objective.

What is your definition of stomp? It's obviously subjective so what is your definition?
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next