Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA approves final alignment for 2019-22
Has anybody seen the email from Berea's football coach Erin Stoops? Funny stuff, it has went viral. Was in the Lexington paper yesterday, louisville radio interview today.
Explorer Wrote:District Eight — Bath County, East Ridge, Prestonsburg, Shelby Valley, Sheldon Clark

Bath County has more driving to do than East Ridge. (3 hours for them to drive and play each other)

East Ridge is closer to Pburg, Sheldon Clark, and Shelby Valley than Bath Co. is.

Morgan is D7 and West Carter is also D8. How about those 2 with Bath Co, SC, and P'burg making up D8? Those are all less than 2 hours even on a bus. Bath Co, Morgan Co, and West Carter have regularly played each other since they began football. Putting SV and ER in that mix makes it tough as they add a lot of travel to the mix. How about putting them with Breathitt, Knott, Leslie, and Middlesboro. Although it sounds long I will bet it is less travel overall.

But can we all agree now that this is all caused by having TOO MANY CLASSES? 5 classes of equal size would fix most if not all the travel issues.(key is equal size and not what is done now with 6A and 1A).
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Is this a joke? Or just the usual EKY loyalty that's common from most people here. Are we forgetting CAL, DeSales and Etown? I would put all 3 of those ahead of everyone on that list except Belfry.

Well, being that the site is made up of primarily E. KY football fans then yes. There's no bias, just not alot of information available about these schools, that's all. The only Louisville schools that get alot of media attention are the ones competing for or winning State Titles. Ex: Central, Trinity, St. X
BelfryPride Wrote:Well, being that the site is made up of primarily E. KY football fans then yes. There's no bias, just not alot of information available about these schools, that's all. The only Louisville schools that get alot of media attention are the ones competing for or winning State Titles. Ex: Central, Trinity, St. X

It's 2018, chief. Google has existed for more than a few months. It's not hard to find out literally anything on high school football teams in this state.

Claim ignorance as long as you want, but we both know how easy it is to look on the KHSAA website and look at records. So, just stop being lazy. Or a homer. Or both.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Possibly, but they struggle with 2A teams. Hence the reason for them possibly struggling against CAL and Desales...🤔

We'll make up for it this year with a running clock before halftime.

😎
BelfryPride Wrote:Well, being that the site is made up of primarily E. KY football fans then yes. There's no bias, just not alot of information available about these schools, that's all. The only Louisville schools that get alot of media attention are the ones competing for or winning State Titles. Ex: Central, Trinity, St. X

Cal has won a state title and Desales has won 2 since the last X championship. Its weak to claim there isn't vast knowledge available on teams outside the mountains. Your post was in a picture in the dictionary next to the word bias.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Possibly, but they struggle with 2A teams. Hence the reason for them possibly struggling against CAL and Desales...🤔

Have you got a sample size bigger than a 10-7 loss to Danville?

In fact I woulld infer from CAL’s loss to Mayfield that Boyle was better than CAL, Desakes and Mayfield. Played Danville a lot tougher in the third game of the s ason than Mayfield.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Josiah is an even better guy than athlete. A guy I got to run across paths with since he’s been at UC.

He's a great young man, always has been. 👍🏻😎🏈
pjdoug Wrote:Are you sure? Smile

Positive.TongueirateSho
Hatz Wrote:Have you got a sample size bigger than a 10-7 loss to Danville?

In fact I woulld infer from CAL’s loss to Mayfield that Boyle was better than CAL, Desakes and Mayfield. Played Danville a lot tougher in the third game of the s ason than Mayfield.

My post was meant to be nothing more than facetious just as FoSho’s about Boyle playing an all star team. Trying to compare common opponent scores doesn’t give a true look due to different matchups. But, I guess if you’re going to go that route I would infer that CAL and Desales were both better than Boyle due to the way CAL beat Etown and Desales had beat CAL.

Yet, many on this site including Belfry fans were talking up Desales when popular belfry foe Ty Scroggins joined the Desales staff.
zaga_fan Wrote:Scott County is a killer in the east.

I'm sure great crossing will be good too. Then one of cov cath or the supposed to be 4A highlands will be good every year.
The 5A east being so weak the last alignment was good for district 7 and 8 teams. Now they stand no shot.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Claim ignorance as long as you want, but we both know how easy it is to look on the KHSAA website and look at records. So, just stop being lazy. Or a homer. Or both.

Confusednicker:
goBIGblue82 Wrote:My post was meant to be nothing more than facetious just as FoSho’s about Boyle playing an all star team. Trying to compare common opponent scores doesn’t give a true look due to different matchups. But, I guess if you’re going to go that route I would infer that CAL and Desales were both better than Boyle due to the way CAL beat Etown and Desales had beat CAL.

Well now you're just talking crazy talk.

😳
Has anybody seen the email from Berea's football coach Erin Stoops? Funny stuff, it has went viral. Was in the Lexington paper yesterday, louisville radio interview today.

Years ago when I was coaching at Berea, mid to late 90's, our district was Paris, Nicholas County, Bath County, Fairview, and Paintsville. They have always been on an island in Class A football.
Who is Erin stoops?
Hatz Wrote:Have you got a sample size bigger than a 10-7 loss to Danville?

He can say what he wants but from another programs side Boyle was def better than CAL, Desales and Mayfield. Corbin Beat Mayfield on a Neutral site and CAL lost to Mayfield. Boyle beat us on a neutral site. Hatz is correct about everything except one. There really isn't much to infer, Boyle WAS better than them and sadly US. Just a fact.
Not sure why the op had that as his name, Aaron Stepp is the coach at Berea Community.
Snakesnot Wrote:NCC will do similar to 1A that Mayfield did.

It would be interesting, but I wouldn't expect anything positive for ncc, like a win.:redboxer:
I don't understand all the NCC hype. Beechwood was smacking them around last few years and hadn't beat them since 2013 (34-31)

2017 34-6
2016 42-14
2015 31-14
2014 30-13
Don't understand why ncc would suddenly rule the roost in 1 - A west at the departure of Beechwood in 2019. I mean, where have they been in 2-A for several years? It's no secret that the west is weaker than in past yrs., except for Beechwood as far as where they sit right now, but that's going to change after this season. Jmo, two teams from the west that could have a say in their quest for the finals is Campbellsville, and Russelville, although Russelville will have to get used to a new HC. 1-A east is on the uptic, and has been for a few yrs., when you take in consideration the four headed monster of Pikeville, Raceland, Hazard, and Paintsville. That's a pretty strong top four from the east. anyone of the above mentioned stands a chance of being in the finals, but it's going to take a lot of hard work in the off season, and throughout. Not saying other teams in the east don't stand a chance, but these four return the talent, and appear to be the stronger teams in the hunt. Good luck to all teams in the upcoming season.
The realignment has created a very interesting and brutal district. Talk about emerging battle hardened.

Class 2A
District One — Ballard Memorial, Caldwell County, Fort Campbell, Mayfield, Murray.
Tica Wrote:The realignment has created a very interesting and brutal district. Talk about emerging battle hardened.

Class 2A
District One — Ballard Memorial, Caldwell County, Fort Campbell, Mayfield, Murray.

There's a very real chance that they could have 3 teams advancing to the 2nd round of the playoffs.
If FTCKY ever regains their past Antonio Andrews level of play - the district will be a slug fest.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Belfry over JC
CAL over FS
Desales over Central

Belfry, CAL, Desales, and Etown all could win against the 4A top 5.

Yea, Belfry sure did beat Johnson Central this year 😂
Class 4A District 5 Brutal.. With the departure of Hodge and the lack of football players coming out... That’s not a hill to climb that’s a freaking mountain...
Ghostofjoey Wrote:Some observations
1. 3A is brutal!!!!
2. NewCath is getting ready to take over 1A.
3. Beechwood better get ready to start accepting those runner-up trophies again.
4. Class 5A district two is very interesting. Some big in-town rivalries.
5. Looks like we are going back to Trinity-St. X regular meetings in the finals.

1. 3A is a joke, Belfry and CAL/DeSales winner will be the championship game every year.

2. New Cath is not the New Cath of ten years ago. East wins three out of four of these state finals I believe or we find out how many great programs out west Beechwood held down.

3.Beechwood and Mayfield will be great games and Beechwood will win at least one state title in this class.

4.5A and 4A are the most loaded classes, hands down. Coming out of the Lexington/Scott County 5A class is murders row.

5. Probably.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:CAL and Desales were both better than the team that put a running clock on your #1.

:HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall:

That was one game last season, move past it. One game never reflects a program or a team.
My notes and opinions about each class…

Single A I believe will belong to the big five of the east, Hazard, Raceland, Paintsville, Pikeville and Williamsburg. I’d say three out of the four years, one of those teams will win it. I am most interested to see where Campbellsville will stack up against a Newport Central Catholic program that is a shadow of its former self.

Double A, let’s just skip to the state championship because it will be a four year serious… Mayfield vs. Beechwood.

Triple A is about like Double A, with the exception of there being two teams from the west who have a ligament chance to play in the finals; CAL and DeSales. Sorry, I don’t see Ashland being a serious threat to Belfry, Bell Co. is no where near what Dudley once had. As for Tilghman, you hear they are strong every year but every year they underwhelm in the playoffs, not buying the hype.

Four A is Boyle’s to lose the first year, after that it becomes a five-team race; Boyle County, Corbin, Franklin-Simpson, Johnson Central and Louisville Central. At least those teams are split up between east and west, meaning we may not get the same game over and over.

Five A will be a three-team battle in the west; Bowling Green, Owensboro and South Warren but the east does have some power unless Covington Catholic just remains this beast. If Cov. Cath comes down to Earth, the east half of five a will be fun to watch.

Six A, I believe Aerosmith sang it best… Same ol’ song and dance my friend…
Boyle’s district will be brutal. Both Lex Cath and Anderson should be top 10 teams next year. Top 15 at the least.