Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA approves final alignment for 2019-22
I have no idea on the theory of cross districting... Can someone please explain to me why they do this?
I Rule The World Wrote:I have no idea on the theory of cross districting... Can someone please explain to me why they do this?

I believe it was to break up the same games for every post season.

Although I think they didn't do it the correct way. I would have left west and east to themselves and done the district rotation between 1-4 and 5-8.
FootballGuy Wrote:What about their daddy Raceland?

I don’t know where you get the daddy stuff but yes the should have been mentioned in the other guote and Hazard too
The best two teams left should host semi-state imo.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I wasn’t aware the past 10 years was relevant to Today. Boyle hadn’t been a state threat for 6-7 years, but won it all last year.

Okay let's see, CAL has one state title in its history.

Desales has two.

Since 2013.

Since 2013:

Boyle has one state Title (More recent than the above) They are also one o the favorites for next season.

Central has been to two state titles since 2013 (and of course own 5 overall)

Lex Cath has been to one since 2013.

Corbin has been to a state title game (More recent than the above)

Let's get real here: DeSales and CAL are two VERY good programs that bring clout. But none of the others you mentioned do.

Boyle returns practically every one for the next season, Central is always in the hunt and Corbin has been knocking on the door in the last couple of seasons.

I still don't think you're observation holds up comparing what is coming into 3A versus what is going up. :Thumbs:
FoSho Wrote:In 2015 without an injury to QB Josiah Robbins we would have been a threat.

Very well may have been. I was just making the point past classes don’t determine how good current classes will be. Which was evident in Boyle being best in 3A last year.
I would like to dedicate the next playing of Roy Orbison's #IDroveAllNight" and Tom Cochrane's #LifeIsAHighway to East Ridge and Berea and their respective district opponents for 2019...

WOW! SMH...
Hatz Wrote:Okay let's see, CAL has one state title in its history.

Desales has two.

Since 2013.

Since 2013:

Boyle has one state Title (More recent than the above) They are also one o the favorites for next season.

Central has been to two state titles since 2013 (and of course own 5 overall)

Lex Cath has been to one since 2013.

Corbin has been to a state title game (More recent than the above)

Let's get real here: DeSales and CAL are two VERY good programs that bring clout. But none of the others you mentioned do.

Boyle returns practically every one for the next season, Central is always in the hunt and Corbin has been knocking on the door in the last couple of seasons.

I still don't think you're observation holds up comparing what is coming into 3A versus what is going up. :Thumbs:

And you still don’t comprehend that only the current 9-12th grade have any bearing on a teams success.

4A lost 6-7 of its top 15 teams (2 of the top 5). And replaced them with 3 other possible top 5 teams and 2-3 more top 15 teams.

3A lost 6 top 15 teams (3 of the top 5). And replaced them with 3 possible top 5 and 3-4 more top 15 teams.

I’m not arguing which class is stronger 3A or 4A. Previously 3A would’ve been my pick. It’s much more balanced now.
4A sucked last year.

FWIW Boyle Co beat the two semi finalist losers in 4A last year (Collins/Wayne Co) a combined 83-31.
4A
Boyle
Franklin Simpson
Johnson Central
Corbin
Louisville Central
Wayne Co
Logan Co
Harlan Co
Knox Central
Lex Cath
Scott
Anderson Co
Hopkinsville
John Hardin
Franklin Co

3A
Etown
CAL
Desales
Belfry
Ashland
Glasgow
Rockastle
Larue Co
Casey Co
Bell Co
Mercer Co
Paducah
Russell
Taylor Co
Western Hills

Possible Top 15 for each.
FoSho Wrote:4A sucked last year.

FWIW Boyle Co beat the two semi finalist losers in 4A last year (Collins/Wayne Co) a combined 83-31.

Yes I’m aware that’s why I thought 3A was much stronger last year. 4A had several good teams, but very average outside of the top 2. But, obviously now with the addition of Boyle, Corbin, and Central it’s flipped so much that 4A is overwhelmingly stronger than 3A...
Boyle vs Etown
FS vs CAL
Central vs Desales
Corbin vs Ashland
JC vs Belfry
Wayne vs Rock
Logan Co vs Glasgow
Harlan Co vs Bell Co
Knox Central vs Larue Co
Lex Cath vs Mercer Co
Scott vs Casey Co
Anderson vs Taylor Co
Hopkinsville vs Paducah
John Hardin vs Russell
Franklin Co vs Western Hills

Looks pretty evenly matched. But, what do I know I just watch a little Football every now and then on Sundays...
Ghostofjoey Wrote:Some observations
1. 3A is brutal!!!!
2. NewCath is getting ready to take over 1A.
3. Beechwood better get ready to start accepting those runner-up trophies again.
4. Class 5A district two is very interesting. Some big in-town rivalries.
5. Looks like we are going back to Trinity-St. X regular meetings in the finals.

Not happening.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:Some observations
1. 3A is brutal!!!!
2. NewCath is getting ready to take over 1A.
3. Beechwood better get ready to start accepting those runner-up trophies again.
4. Class 5A district two is very interesting. Some big in-town rivalries.
5. Looks like we are going back to Trinity-St. X regular meetings in the finals.

NCC will do similar to 1A that Mayfield did.
Snakesnot Wrote:NCC will do similar to 1A that Mayfield did.

You guys are way over estimating NCC. Not even close to Mayfield. Beechwood has hammered NCC the last 4 years and beaten them 6 of the last 8 years. In 2016 Hazard would have beaten them. In 2015 Pikeville would have beaten them. Beechwood toyed with them in a driving rain last year and beat them 34-6. Pikeville and a few others from the East can hang with them.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Boyle vs Etown
FS vs CAL
Central vs Desales
Corbin vs Ashland
JC vs Belfry
Wayne vs Rock
Logan Co vs Glasgow
Harlan Co vs Bell Co
Knox Central vs Larue Co
Lex Cath vs Mercer Co
Scott vs Casey Co
Anderson vs Taylor Co
Hopkinsville vs Paducah
John Hardin vs Russell

Looks pretty evenly matched. But, what do I know I just watch a little Football every now and then on Sundays...

Based upon your matchups I'd say 4A goes 12-3 at the very least.

Just sayin'....😉
FootballGuy Wrote:What about their daddy Raceland?

SEE! THIS is why Raceland can’t have nice things! 😜
snakesnot Wrote:ncc will do similar to 1a that mayfield did.

bring it!!!
FoSho Wrote:Based upon your matchups I'd say 4A goes 12-3 at the very least.

Just sayin'....😉

4A would go 2-3 in the first 5. 😂
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Boyle vs Etown
FS vs CAL
Central vs Desales
Corbin vs Ashland
JC vs Belfry
Wayne vs Rock
Logan Co vs Glasgow
Harlan Co vs Bell Co
Knox Central vs Larue Co
Lex Cath vs Mercer Co
Scott vs Casey Co
Anderson vs Taylor Co
Hopkinsville vs Paducah
John Hardin vs Russell

Watching football on Sunday is your problem. lol
jetpilot Wrote:Not happening.

Are you sure? Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Watching football on Sunday is your problem. lol

What, that’s the only way to learn...😂
goBIGblue82 Wrote:4A would go 2-3 in the first 5. 😂

You'd go 1-4 at best. Just sayin'....😉
FoSho Wrote:You'd go 1-4 at best. Just sayin'....😉

Belfry over JC
CAL over FS
Desales over Central

Belfry, CAL, Desales, and Etown all could win against the 4A top 5.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Belfry over JC
CAL over FS
Desales over Central

Belfry, CAL, Desales, and Etown all could win against the 4A top 5.

A 3A Top 5 all-star team would go 0-1 vs Boyle Co.

😜
Eastof75 Wrote:I would like to dedicate the next playing of Roy Orbison's #IDroveAllNight" and Tom Cochrane's #LifeIsAHighway to East Ridge and Berea and their respective district opponents for 2019...

WOW! SMH...

District Eight — Bath County, East Ridge, Prestonsburg, Shelby Valley, Sheldon Clark

Bath County has more driving to do than East Ridge. (3 hours for them to drive and play each other)

East Ridge is closer to Pburg, Sheldon Clark, and Shelby Valley than Bath Co. is.
FoSho Wrote:In 2015 without an injury to QB Josiah Robbins we would have been a threat.

Josiah is an even better guy than athlete. A guy I got to run across paths with since he’s been at UC.
Explorer Wrote:District Eight — Bath County, East Ridge, Prestonsburg, Shelby Valley, Sheldon Clark

Bath County has more driving to do than East Ridge. (3 hours for them to drive and play each other)

East Ridge is closer to Pburg, Sheldon Clark, and Shelby Valley than Bath Co. is.

West Carter is also in that mix.
FoSho Wrote:A 3A Top 5 all-star team would go 0-1 vs Boyle Co.

😜

Possibly, but they struggle with 2A teams. Hence the reason for them possibly struggling against CAL and Desales...🤔
Explorer Wrote:District Eight — Bath County, East Ridge, Prestonsburg, Shelby Valley, Sheldon Clark

"...respective district opponents." was intended to be all inclusive. These teams will need to find lodging on Friday nights and travel home on Saturdays.