Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell / Corbin series to end
GreysHeadline Wrote:Dude, you dont need to mention anything Alcoa, after what Ashurst and the boys did to them last season. BANG!! DDE

Rumor Has It... Alcoa has sent word to Knox, that because of last year they are going to see how high that new scoreboard at Corbin can go. Thanks Corbin.
Hatz Wrote:206 yards of offense is moving the ball well? In 1977 maybe. Not now. :welcome:

Corbin scored one TD on a KO return. They scored another on a short field. The Hounds only moved it in spurts and the Rebels kept them off the field anyway.

Corbin had drives of 78 and 61 yards that led to TD's.

One drive went 74 yards but died at the Boyle 9 on downs.

One drive started at the Boyle 17 and went backwards.

Their other drives went: 6, 4, 31, -4, -4, -12, -5

I never said Corbin moved the ball well, I said they moved the ball well enough to win. The pick six was a 14 point swing, and the drive that stalled at the 9 would've given Corbin 35 points. Boyle would've had 33. I think that's good enough to win. This thread isn't about the state title game though. It's about bell vs Corbin and dudley's refusal to play. It'll be nice to watch the hounds give him a couple more butt whippings before he runs away after this season.
footballfever Wrote:If Coach Hilton had coached Corbin last year and Coach Haddix had coached Bell Co. Coach Hilton and Corbin would have been celebrating number 4 and Coach Haddix would be scratching his head wondering what to do next.

That is a ridiculous statement. Corbin may have gotten out-coached in that game, which says more about Coach Smith than anything else, but Boyle Co. was just better. Corbin had their chances, but needed to play mistake free football to win and that's easier said than done, and the opponent usually has a lot to do with not being able to do it.

Hilton was, maybe still is an excellent coach, but he wouldn't of made any positive difference in this one.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I thought Corbin moved the ball well enough on Boyle to win. Turnovers, and stalling out in the red zone is what killed the hounds offensively. Take away a pick six, and what was arguably a touchdown that was overruled, and it is a pretty tight ballgame. Atleast Corbin can discuss what they could've done better in the state championship. That's something Whitley has never done and will never do.
When the Boyle County offense was on the field it looked like they were playing by themselves and the defensive guru had kept his players on the sideline.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:My wife is a better coach than anybody on Whitley's staff. The way I hear it, the head coach isn't even capable of running the offseason program. I hear the principle has taken it over.

You forgot to mention that The "Principal" was a star running back that wasn't recruited by Corbin.
Hatz Wrote:Chuck Smith. :Thumbs:

Which part of Dudley's schemes would work? Stop the run? They threw 5 TD passes.

Stop the pass? They ran for what? 250 yards? Over 5 yards a carry.

Would not have mattered and the score would have been the same either way.

The score most certainly would have not been the same.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:My wife is a better coach than anybody on Whitley's staff. The way I hear it, the head coach isn't even capable of running the offseason program. I hear the principle has taken it over.

Where do you hear this? Your sneaky snakes sneaking around trying to steal players?
The Outsider Wrote:That is a ridiculous statement. Corbin may have gotten out-coached in that game, which says more about Coach Smith than anything else, but Boyle Co. was just better. Corbin had their chances, but needed to play mistake free football to win and that's easier said than done, and the opponent usually has a lot to do with not being able to do it.

Hilton was, maybe still is an excellent coach, but he wouldn't of made any positive difference in this one.

The Corbin coach can't carry Dudley's.... You know the rest.
Bell is scared to play Corbin?? But yet they are playing Belfry in 19/20!!!

It could be that Coach Hilton has mentored or helped most of the Corbin staff become who they are today. And don't want to deal with the drama from being around the bunch of spoiled Brats!!

Food for Thought Dudley Hilton 3 State Championships Spoiled brat 0

Last State Championship for Bell Co 2008 Last State Championship for Corbin 1980 something ?????

All of Bell State championships are real!!! Corbin has that one Made up one that keeps even their own fans confused if they are in the hunt for 7 or 8 or whatever!
Redds Apple Wrote:Bell is scared to play Corbin?? But yet they are playing Belfry in 19/20!!!

It could be that Coach Hilton has mentored or helped most of the Corbin staff become who they are today. And don't want to deal with the drama from being around the bunch of spoiled Brats!!

Last State Championship for Bell Co 2008 Last State Championship for Corbin 1980 something ?????

All of Bell State championships are real!!! Corbin has that one Made up one that keeps even their own fans confused if they are in the hunt for 7 or 8 or whatever!

Just like I disagreed with the statement about Dudley not being able to coach anymore I also disagree with this! Calling Corbin coaches spoiled brats is way off base. They have a heck of a staff. 3 guys formerly at Bell who are all dandy coaches with head coaching experience. They work them boys hard wherever they coach. Argue about who is the better fella on that sidelines coaching, but don't act like any of these guys are bums or spoiled brats because they all can coach football pretty darn good.
ArJay Wrote:Just like I disagreed with the statement about Dudley not being able to coach anymore I also disagree with this! Calling Corbin coaches spoiled brats is way off base. They have a heck of a staff. 3 guys formerly at Bell who are all dandy coaches with head coaching experience. They work them boys hard wherever they coach. Argue about who is the better fella on that sidelines coaching, but don't act like any of these guys are bums or spoiled brats because they all can coach football pretty darn good.

Finally someone who says something sensible. As Kenny Chesney states in his new song, can't we all "Get Along"?
The Outsider Wrote:Finally someone who says something sensible. As Kenny Chesney states in his new song, can't we all "Get Along"?

We don't hafta get along. Just don't say stuff so far out in left field that aint close to true! :biggrin:
Redds Apple Wrote:Bell is scared to play Corbin?? But yet they are playing Belfry in 19/20!!!

Hilton would rather drive 4+ hours to get a butt whipping than take another running clock from the hounds who are 45 minutes away. He isn't running though.
No one is arguing that bell was better than Corbin from 2005 through 2013. That has changed though, and it will be a very long time before it changes back. I don't even blame him that much for cancelling the games. I just find it absolutely hilarious that the old man has been given a taste of his own medicine.
So is Bell playing Belfry for sure?

Confusednicker:
The Outsider Wrote:Finally someone who says something sensible. As Kenny Chesney states in his new song, can't we all "Get Along"?

No. We Can't Smile
A buddy of mine works with a -what he referred to- Dumb*ss from bell county. (NO offense to anyone from that area, I know a lot of people from there that are great people, he just made it out like this guy was an idiot). But he said his co-worker stated that, Dudley only came back to bell because they offered him close to 1,000,000 over 4 years. With that said I can see why he called the guy an idiot. But he said the guy wouldn't back away from it and said it was true and that he also got 60% of the concession stand revenue.

Now, with all of that said, I'm with my friend who shared what his co-worker told him. That is ridiculous. But is any part of what the guy from bell said true?
Hound05 Wrote:A buddy of mine works with a -what he referred to- Dumb*ss from bell county. (NO offense to anyone from that area, I know a lot of people from there that are great people, he just made it out like this guy was an idiot). But he said his co-worker stated that, Dudley only came back to bell because they offered him close to 1,000,000 over 4 years. With that said I can see why he called the guy an idiot. But he said the guy wouldn't back away from it and said it was true and that he also got 60% of the concession stand revenue.

Now, with all of that said, I'm with my friend who shared what his co-worker told him. That is ridiculous. But is any part of what the guy from bell said true?
I've heard lots of tall tales like this one. lol
Hound05 Wrote:A buddy of mine works with a -what he referred to- Dumb*ss from bell county. (NO offense to anyone from that area, I know a lot of people from there that are great people, he just made it out like this guy was an idiot). But he said his co-worker stated that, Dudley only came back to bell because they offered him close to 1,000,000 over 4 years. With that said I can see why he called the guy an idiot. But he said the guy wouldn't back away from it and said it was true and that he also got 60% of the concession stand revenue.

If that's true (and I don't think it is) then everyone in Bell County who supports this, is an idiot.

That would be 250K per year, and tons of just straight cash from the concession stand. The concession money generally directly funds a lot of a programs budget. IF they're allowing him to rob them of funds directly, then someone needs to get Papa Hilton out and admit that the future health of Log Mountain isn't tied with him.

In a small town where we all know it all about everybody its pretty much been said that Coach Hilton is paid around $75,000 give or take. Its also said that the basketball coach gets that much if not more. Coach Hilton has earned it. We are headed back up the ladder with these young'uns we have now.
ArJay Wrote:In a small town where we all know it all about everybody its pretty much been said that Coach Hilton is paid around $75,000 give or take. Its also said that the basketball coach gets that much if not more. Coach Hilton has earned it. We are headed back up the ladder with these young'uns we have now.

What is Hilton"s official job, other than coach?

If you include the salaries of the other people who were given jobs as a part of Hilton's package, then it may be close to $1 million.

I have been told by some Bell Co. residents that he use to receive the proceeds from Coke sales that the school purchased, not sure if something like that is going on or not.
Attendance Director and Football Coach
$54,000
Bobcat4years Wrote:Attendance Director and Football Coach
$54,000

The most he can make is 75% of his highest days pay times 100. So that would mean he made right at $133,000 on 185 day contract at some point.
ArJay Wrote:In a small town where we all know it all about everybody its pretty much been said that Coach Hilton is paid around $75,000 give or take. Its also said that the basketball coach gets that much if not more. Coach Hilton has earned it. We are headed back up the ladder with these young'uns we have now.

OK, now 75K I could see. I dunno if I'd pay him that this late in his years, definitely earlier on I would have. Good coach. But I don't think that number is unreasonable if you want to change your programs ways and future. My friend said he looked at his co-worker like he was an idiot when he said the original number. No coach around here makes that kind of cash.
Hound05 Wrote:OK, now 75K I could see. I dunno if I'd pay him that this late in his years, definitely earlier on I would have. Good coach. But I don't think that number is unreasonable if you want to change your programs ways and future. My friend said he looked at his co-worker like he was an idiot when he said the original number. No coach around here makes that kind of cash.

I'm not positive he gets around that amount, but that is what I have heard. I think the basketball coach does get that. I can't imagine he is making more than Coach Hilton with how successful he has been over the years at Bell County, but I'm not sure.
ArJay Wrote:I'm not positive he gets around that amount, but that is what I have heard. I think the basketball coach does get that. I can't imagine he is making more than Coach Hilton with how successful he has been over the years at Bell County, but I'm not sure.

You would think this would be public record. All public universities posts salaries. Why not public HS coaches? That would make for an interesting debate. Who makes more or less and what they’ve done to earn it
Hound05 Wrote:You would think this would be public record. All public universities posts salaries. Why not public HS coaches? That would make for an interesting debate. Who makes more or less and what they’ve done to earn it

I believe that the salaries of high school coaches are suppose to be public record.
Dud is only making good money because he's already drawing retirement for 30+ years as a rank I educator, add that in with a $11,000 head coaching stipend and $40,000 truancy officer salary... you math wizards should be able to figure out that's a pretty good chunk of change. As for concession stand money and all that make believe stuff you all were talking about, not a chance in Hades. You all obviously know nothing about Bell county, cause if you did you would know Dud has just as many enemies on log mountain as he does supporters. As powerful as he is they would not be able to get by with something like that, especially with how redbook and everything is these days.
Hound05 Wrote:You would think this would be public record. All public universities posts salaries. Why not public HS coaches? That would make for an interesting debate. Who makes more or less and what they’ve done to earn it

You know why Smile