Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell / Corbin series to end
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
After several attempts by Corbin to keep this game Bell County has decided not to continue this game in 2019. I looked forward to this game especially since Dudley's return I know coach Haddix really wanted to keep this game on the schedule but Dudley decided not to play, ended up having to schedule South Laurel.
Smart move on Bell County part. They can't compete with Corbin anymore
Dudley told me that he has not ruled out playing Corbin.. He said that he has never ran from the hounds and never will.. He has not finalized his schedule, but has corbin penciled in on 19-20
Dudley knows what he is doing. the Mastermind has a game plan.
Bobcat4years Wrote:Dudley told me that he has not ruled out playing Corbin.. He said that he has never ran from the hounds and never will.. He has not finalized his schedule, but has corbin penciled in on 19-20

Dudley was waiting to see if Corbin was projected to be any good or if Haddix was leaving before deciding to play or not.
Bobcat4years Wrote:Dudley told me that he has not ruled out playing Corbin.. He said that he has never ran from the hounds and never will.. He has not finalized his schedule, but has corbin penciled in on 19-20

Dudley can call it what he wants. Putting someone off till they schedule someone else is running from them. His pride wouldn't let him admit that, but it doesn't change the truth. I guess it's funny how things work out. He made his comments about "making Corbin quit the schedule" now the shoe is on the other foot and ole Dud is running with his tail between his legs.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Dudley can call it what he wants. Putting someone off till they schedule someone else is running from them. His pride wouldn't let him admit that, but it doesn't change the truth. I guess it's funny how things work out. He made his comments about "making Corbin quit the schedule" now the shoe is on the other foot and ole Dud is running with his tail between his legs.
I bet he loses a lot of sleep not making you Corbin fans happy.
Typical Corbin mentality, all about you.
It’s Hilton’s program and he isn’t hired to adjust his schedule to make you at Corbin happy.
He’s coached more games than all coaches on Corbin’s schedule combined I’d say.

So go on and self soak in your redhound grotto🙄
Maybe sooner than later the decision makers on log mountain will figure out the only thing Dudley’s trying to build is his bank account, he’s taking Bell for a different kind of ride this time around!
“Dud is running with his tail between his legs.”

Dud has 3 state championships since
1982. I’d say he could GAF about Corbin.
footballfever Wrote:“Dud is running with his tail between his legs.”

He should’ve after getting the heck knocked out of him this past year.
Gummie Bear Wrote:I bet he loses a lot of sleep not making you Corbin fans happy.
Typical Corbin mentality, all about you.
It’s Hilton’s program and he isn’t hired to adjust his schedule to make you at Corbin happy.
He’s coached more games than all coaches on Corbin’s schedule combined I’d say.

So go on and self soak in your redhound grotto��

OOHHHHH. But it sure was some years ago though wasn't it? I didn't hear those comments then. Typical hypocrite. Just like Ole' Dud. Corbin hater and cant see the truth past the hypocrisy and biased glasses you wear. haha. This is too funny.:biglmao:

I'd say that too after having a running clock and getting smoked at home. What happened to all this talk Bell will be back? If that's the case I would think he'd want to play the best teams? or is he more concerned about the W/L column? I'm guessing the later.:igiveup:
Most teams have 2019-20 games scheduled.

Bell has turned down Corbin multiple times for games. All Freshmen/JV and now Varsity.

Corbin I hear has loaded up again on the 2019-20 schedule.

He hasn't won a district title since 2010. Nobody is arguing that he WAS a great coach prior to this decade. Now he is just an old man who is making a money grab. Bell county has always needed Dud more than Dud needed bell, and now he is making a joke of them. I'm just glad Corbin was able to "make old Dud quit the schedule."
I was told that the "Dud" was waiting to see what recruiting violations Corbin U was going to be getting hit with from the NCAA before he decided to play them. BANG!! DDE
Single Wing 77 Wrote:He hasn't won a district title since 2010. Nobody is arguing that he WAS a great coach prior to this decade. Now he is just an old man who is making a money grab. Bell county has always needed Dud more than Dud needed bell, and now he is making a joke of them. I'm just glad Corbin was able to "make old Dud quit the schedule."

This is just plain dumb. He hasn't won a district since 2010 because he coached college for 4 seasons and then coached at Taylor County who wasn't any good before him. He had them respectable. Bell County's program was in a mess when he got here. You don't just waive a magic wand and be good again. He and his staff are working and improving. We will get better and better every year. Does he get paid a lot? He gets paid because he will win a lot of games and put butts in seats at those games. HE IS STILL A GREAT FOOTBALL COACH!
GreysHeadline Wrote:I was told that the "Dud" was waiting to see what recruiting violations Corbin U was going to be getting hit with from the NCAA before he decided to play them. BANG!! DDE

I guess he will be waiting forever then
Hate to see this game go by the wayside. Love to see these two knock heads.
ArJay Wrote:This is just plain dumb. He hasn't won a district since 2010 because he coached college for 4 seasons and then coached at Taylor County who wasn't any good before him. He had them respectable. Bell County's program was in a mess when he got here. You don't just waive a magic wand and be good again. He and his staff are working and improving. We will get better and better every year. Does he get paid a lot? He gets paid because he will win a lot of games and put butts in seats at those games. HE IS STILL A GREAT FOOTBALL COACH!

You’ve always seemed to try and keep it civil so I’ll attempt to do the same and even half heartedly agree with you. Dudley by no means has had the talent that he did when he was hanging banners, thing is he’s not at the Bell Co of before either and he knows it. The whole making Corbin quit was hilarious to your fan base when he said it but those days are gone, now he’s quitting and acting like an insufferable ass cause he don’t like getting a dose of his own medicine!
HADDIXHOUNDS Wrote:Most teams have 2019-20 games scheduled.

Bell has turned down Corbin multiple times for games. All Freshmen/JV and now Varsity.

Corbin I hear has loaded up again on the 2019-20 schedule.

Especially with South laurel now on there. LOL
ArJay Wrote:This is just plain dumb. He hasn't won a district since 2010 because he coached college for 4 seasons and then coached at Taylor County who wasn't any good before him. He had them respectable. Bell County's program was in a mess when he got here. You don't just waive a magic wand and be good again. He and his staff are working and improving. We will get better and better every year. Does he get paid a lot? He gets paid because he will win a lot of games and put butts in seats at those games. HE IS STILL A GREAT FOOTBALL COACH!

Dudley would say that it is possible to waive a magic wand and turn a team around. Didn't he once take a 4 seed to a state title? Either he isn't putting in the same effort, or he has lost a step or two. I think it's the latter of the two considering that he is running from people.
WhyLie Wrote:Especially with South laurel now on there. LOL

I'll make any bet that you want to make that Corbin has the toughest schedule in the area in 19-20. You name the terms.
Terms : 1 Million Dollars

I will take "University of the Cumberlands" schedule being tougher since they are in the area.:Thumbs:
chs crazy Wrote:You’ve always seemed to try and keep it civil so I’ll attempt to do the same and even half heartedly agree with you. Dudley by no means has had the talent that he did when he was hanging banners, thing is he’s not at the Bell Co of before either and he knows it. The whole making Corbin quit was hilarious to your fan base when he said it but those days are gone, now he’s quitting and acting like an insufferable ass cause he don’t like getting a dose of his own medicine!

I wish we would keep playing Corbin too. But to say he can't coach anymore is way off. I totally disagree with that. The fact is its not an ideal situation. You have 3 former assistants who are all great coaches with head coaching experience on the staff. And I think Coach Hilton and Haddix have been close previously (not sure on that). We can argue whether or not they should play and if it is the right or wrong decision, but to disrespect Coach Hilton and say he can't coach anymore is wrong in my book.
Willie Turnover Wrote:Terms : 1 Million Dollars

I will take "University of the Cumberlands" schedule being tougher since they are in the area.:Thumbs:

I guess I was high balling the intelligence level of some. I'll have to specify. Corbin will have the toughest HIGH SCHOOL schedule in 19-20.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I guess I was high balling the intelligence level of some. I'll have to specify. Corbin will have the toughest HIGH SCHOOL schedule in 19-20.

As much as all the Corbinites would like everyone to think that:worthy: I doubt it. But I like your effort. BANG!! DDE
GreysHeadline Wrote:As much as all the Corbinites would like everyone to think that:worthy: I doubt it. But I like your effort. BANG!! DDE

Maybe we should add East Jessamine and Leslie Co you know play something really brutal like Whitley. No need to play underachieving teams like Alcoa, Beechwood, or Mayfield :eyeroll:
chs crazy Wrote:Maybe we should add East Jessamine and Leslie Co you know play something really brutal like Whitley. No need to play underachieving teams like Alcoa, Beechwood, or Mayfield :eyeroll:

Dude, you dont need to mention anything Alcoa, after what Ashurst and the boys did to them last season. BANG!! DDE
GreysHeadline Wrote:Dude, you dont need to mention anything Alcoa, after what Ashurst and the boys did to them last season. BANG!! DDE

Dude you don’t need to mention anything Alcoa or anybody other game we played after the weak ass schedule that your team had last year. Plus the talent to breeze through it only to piss it away!
ArJay Wrote:I wish we would keep playing Corbin too. But to say he can't coach anymore is way off. I totally disagree with that. The fact is its not an ideal situation. You have 3 former assistants who are all great coaches with head coaching experience on the staff. And I think Coach Hilton and Haddix have been close previously (not sure on that). We can argue whether or not they should play and if it is the right or wrong decision, but to disrespect Coach Hilton and say he can't coach anymore is wrong in my book.

I wont say Dud cant coach anymore. And I will say he was once a great coach. But I think the game has evolved a little bit, and either he's not willing or wont accept and just evolve with it. That old mountain offense and defense will win you some gritty games, but not trophies. Coming from some parents of bell county- keep in mind I don't know if its true or not, but this did come from two different set of parents- that his heart isn't in it as much as it once was. That could also be part of it I don't know? It could be the talent wasn't what it once was when coal was flowing in that area. Money? I don't know? But Dud, who was once a great coach, is NO longer a great coach. A bad coach? NO. But far from great now as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5