Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell / Corbin series to end
Hound05 Wrote:I wont say Dud cant coach anymore. And I will say he was once a great coach. But I think the game has evolved a little bit, and either he's not willing or wont accept and just evolve with it. That old mountain offense and defense will win you some gritty games, but not trophies. Coming from some parents of bell county- keep in mind I don't know if its true or not, but this did come from two different set of parents- that his heart isn't in it as much as it once was. That could also be part of it I don't know? It could be the talent wasn't what it once was when coal was flowing in that area. Money? I don't know? But Dud, who was once a great coach, is NO longer a great coach. A bad coach? NO. But far from great now as well.

“Old Mountain offense” won’t win you titles?!

...as Belfry and Johnson Central start looking at each other across the room.

(Slighter different schematics within, but same philosophies)
chs crazy Wrote:Dude you don’t need to mention anything Alcoa or anybody other game we played after the weak ass schedule that your team had last year. Plus the talent to breeze through it only to piss it away!

This is off topic, insulting and unsubstantiated information and against the rules. Why isn’t this post being deleted? Where is GrannyBear?
what has changed about football since Dudley's last title?
DDP5 Wrote:what has changed about football since Dudley's last title?

Dudley is a Great Coach like all the Coaches in the area and state.

“Disclaimer”
My true views and comments can be given but you have to PM me because I’m being suppressed on this site.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:“Old Mountain offense” won’t win you titles?!

...as Belfry and Johnson Central start looking at each other across the room.

(Slighter different schematics within, but same philosophies)

If you don't know the difference between a belly offense, a triple option offense, and a power run/three back offense, then you don't know football. The formations are similar, but the offensive schemes are light years apart, and the philosophies are nowhere near similar.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:If you don't know the difference between a belly offense, a triple option offense, and a power run/three back offense, then you don't know football. The formations are similar, but the offensive schemes are light years apart, and the philosophies are nowhere near similar.

I agree 100%!

:closed:

“Disclaimer”
My true views and comments can be given but you have to PM me because I’m being suppressed on this site.
chs crazy Wrote:Dude you don’t need to mention anything Alcoa or anybody other game we played after the schedule that your team had last year. Plus the talent to breeze through it only to piss it away!

Quick question. Is it okay to play a weak team and get a true W or play a better team, cheat them, and you get the W with an asterisk. Asking for a friend. BANG!! DDE
GreysHeadline Wrote:Quick question. Is it okay to play a weak team and get a true W or play a better team, cheat them, and you get the W with an asterisk. Asking for a friend. BANG!! DDE

I agree 100%!

:fedup:

“Disclaimer”
Tell me a team in the area that could beat Corbin this year or last...... bang on that... as For why the game isn’t being played... Call it the way it is! Hilton don’t want no more whippings, hard to justify his salary with Corbin on the schedule and coming in 3rd most likely in the district... just facts
JMO, Dudley and Phillip hasn’t changed there offensive philosophy, meaning that they still run the ball 85%of time. The difference is that Bell has been horrible defensively since Dud has returned. Belfry is very solid defensively and that is what Dud is missing.. go to KHSAA and look at Dud teams defensively when they were winning titles and being one of the best in mountains..
GreysHeadline Wrote:Quick question. Is it okay to play a weak team and get a true W or play a better team, cheat them, and you get the W with an asterisk. Asking for a friend. BANG!! DDE

Quick question. After winning the district the year prior and returning substantially the same team. Is it okay to play a weak schedule just to get a bunch of W’s only to flame out in the district and lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs? Asking for a large part of your fan base!! Go bang your head Please
SwallowedMyWhistle2 Wrote:This is off topic, insulting and unsubstantiated information and against the rules. Why isn’t this post being deleted? Where is GrannyBear?

:eyeroll:
SwallowedMyWhistle2 Wrote:I agree 100%!

:fedup:

“Disclaimer”

Yeah that wasn’t at all off topic, insulting, or against the board rules huh? Your acting like a :baby:
If Coach Hilton had coached Corbin last year and Coach Haddix had coached Bell Co. Coach Hilton and Corbin would have been celebrating number 4 and Coach Haddix would be scratching his head wondering what to do next.
footballfever Wrote:If Coach Hilton had coached Corbin last year and Coach Haddix had coached Bell Co. Coach Hilton and Corbin would have been celebrating number 4 and Coach Haddix would be scratching his head wondering what to do next.

I still don't think they would have beaten Boyle County. :eyeroll:
Hatz Wrote:I still don't think they would have beaten Boyle County. :eyeroll:

I think Boyle still wins also but the Dud would have made a closer game out of it by schematics alone. Then again with it all on the line in a one game situation is there anybody other than the Dud you would want captaining the ship? Corbin won't stay in front of Bell for ever, this game will be back.
footballfever Wrote:If Coach Hilton had coached Corbin last year and Coach Haddix had coached Bell Co. Coach Hilton and Corbin would have been celebrating number 4 and Coach Haddix would be scratching his head wondering what to do next.

Typical Dudley Hilton garbage. If the team wins it's all because of Dudley. If they lose it's because he has no talent (the kids). The greatest trick Dudley Hilton has ever pulled is to brainwash log mountain.
DarthVader Wrote:I think Boyle still wins also but the Dud would have made a closer game out of it by schematics alone. Then again with it all on the line in a one game situation is there anybody other than the Dud you would want captaining the ship? Corbin won't stay in front of Bell for ever, this game will be back.

lol there are plenty I would pick before Dudley. Why do I want a guy as the captain of my ship who can’t get past 3rd in his district??
I'm saying because that guy has done as much or more with less than anybody in the history of Ky high school football. He has won at a small rural county school consistently for decades, much different than a lot of guys that have won at Highlands, Trinity, Lex Cath, etc. over the years. Love him or hate him, the body of work is tough to beat. Those guys coaching at Corbin have never won a ring without the Dud behind the wheel, the Dud was able to pull that off at Bourbon without those guys on staff, granted they are good coaches but they've yet to do it without Hilton. With the heat this game has been getting I hate to see it end. I don't see this with red or blue tinted glasses and have nothing to gain or lose either way.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Dudley can call it what he wants. Putting someone off till they schedule someone else is running from them. His pride wouldn't let him admit that, but it doesn't change the truth. I guess it's funny how things work out. He made his comments about "making Corbin quit the schedule" now the shoe is on the other foot and ole Dud is running with his tail between his legs.

if Dud coached your team last year you wouldn't have got blown out.Confusedtare:
ArJay Wrote:This is just plain dumb. He hasn't won a district since 2010 because he coached college for 4 seasons and then coached at Taylor County who wasn't any good before him. He had them respectable. Bell County's program was in a mess when he got here. You don't just waive a magic wand and be good again. He and his staff are working and improving. We will get better and better every year. Does he get paid a lot? He gets paid because he will win a lot of games and put butts in seats at those games. HE IS STILL A GREAT FOOTBALL COACH!

well said.
Willie Turnover Wrote:Terms : 1 Million Dollars

I will take "University of the Cumberlands" schedule being tougher since they are in the area.:Thumbs:

You win.
chs crazy Wrote:Maybe we should add East Jessamine and Leslie Co you know play something really brutal like Whitley. No need to play underachieving teams like Alcoa, Beechwood, or Mayfield :eyeroll:

You shouldn't bash Whitley when half your team is from Whitley :rockon:
GreysHeadline Wrote:Dude, you dont need to mention anything Alcoa, after what Ashurst and the boys did to them last season. BANG!! DDE

exactly right.
Hound05 Wrote:I wont say Dud cant coach anymore. And I will say he was once a great coach. But I think the game has evolved a little bit, and either he's not willing or wont accept and just evolve with it. That old mountain offense and defense will win you some gritty games, but not trophies. Coming from some parents of bell county- keep in mind I don't know if its true or not, but this did come from two different set of parents- that his heart isn't in it as much as it once was. That could also be part of it I don't know? It could be the talent wasn't what it once was when coal was flowing in that area. Money? I don't know? But Dud, who was once a great coach, is NO longer a great coach. A bad coach? NO. But far from great now as well.

Dudley is a better coach than any coach on your staff Confusedinglepar
Single Wing 77 Wrote:If you don't know the difference between a belly offense, a triple option offense, and a power run/three back offense, then you don't know football. The formations are similar, but the offensive schemes are light years apart, and the philosophies are nowhere near similar.

Which formations worked best in the Boyle County game?
pjdoug Wrote:Which formations worked best in the Boyle County game?

I thought Corbin moved the ball well enough on Boyle to win. Turnovers, and stalling out in the red zone is what killed the hounds offensively. Take away a pick six, and what was arguably a touchdown that was overruled, and it is a pretty tight ballgame. Atleast Corbin can discuss what they could've done better in the state championship. That's something Whitley has never done and will never do.
pjdoug Wrote:Dudley is a better coach than any coach on your staff Confusedinglepar

My wife is a better coach than anybody on Whitley's staff. The way I hear it, the head coach isn't even capable of running the offseason program. I hear the principle has taken it over.
DarthVader Wrote:I think Boyle still wins also but the Dud would have made a closer game out of it by schematics alone. Then again with it all on the line in a one game situation is there anybody other than the Dud you would want captaining the ship? Corbin won't stay in front of Bell for ever, this game will be back.

Chuck Smith. :Thumbs:

Which part of Dudley's schemes would work? Stop the run? They threw 5 TD passes.

Stop the pass? They ran for what? 250 yards? Over 5 yards a carry.

Would not have mattered and the score would have been the same either way.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I thought Corbin moved the ball well enough on Boyle to win. Turnovers, and stalling out in the red zone is what killed the hounds offensively. Take away a pick six, and what was arguably a touchdown that was overruled, and it is a pretty tight ballgame. Atleast Corbin can discuss what they could've done better in the state championship. That's something Whitley has never done and will never do.

206 yards of offense is moving the ball well? In 1977 maybe. Not now. :welcome:

Corbin scored one TD on a KO return. They scored another on a short field. The Hounds only moved it in spurts and the Rebels kept them off the field anyway.

Corbin had drives of 78 and 61 yards that led to TD's.

One drive went 74 yards but died at the Boyle 9 on downs.

One drive started at the Boyle 17 and went backwards.

Their other drives went: 6, 4, 31, -4, -4, -12, -5