Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County vs Corbin
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Like I've said before, IMO- Scott County is never going to wow you with the way they play, sort of like Virginia the muck up the game with there Def. I really do not think people realize how good that Trinity and Scott Co are, that was a heavyweight battle yesterday. Still say Covington Cath only team that can beat them-

SC by 10-15 Corbin will have a hard time scoring and if Stewart ever gets hot watch out- do not think him or Long have made a basket in the last 2 games and they still won- both are in the 1000 point club

Good Luck to both teams

The only one I can remember is Stewart's driving layup yesterday. He was fouled for an old fashioned 3. The thing is, neither Stewart or Long have gotten many open looks.
That is true, plus Trinity guards were so long hard to get a good look- Rojas if you noticed in the 3Q, Hicks took him from the top and put him on the wing, still was hard for him to get his shot off
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:That is true, plus Trinity guards were so long hard to get a good look- Rojas if you noticed in the 3Q, Hicks took him from the top and put him on the wing, still was hard for him to get his shot off

Long isn't going to create his own shot. Good shooter, but has to be set up. Stewart can create, but he's a small guard, so any length affects him.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Scott Co walks away with this game and will await Covington Catholic in the finals. That will be their next competitve game.

If it comes down to those two teams, I would have to go with Covington Catholic.
Scott by double digits. Hope I’m wrong though
Scott County easier than most think, or like!
Best player and best coach! Scott County wins big 73-48
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:This guy is a hater. He always says how bad we are and then when we win he eats crow, so now he is going to be a smart butt and try to wish us his Knox county luck. Honestly keep is east of Corbin leader we do better when you cheer against us, even if it is sarcastic. And leader if you didn’t know tickets are on sale at Ticketmaster that’s where they sell championship tickets, but you troll Corbin so much you may already know that.

He has lost his mind and im sure something that small will be VERY hard to find. Either that or has adopted the ole "if u cant beat em join em attitude ". He needs a new user name. Any suggestions on that?
Was at the Scott Co vs John Hardin game this season, SC up 30 and their fans Were whining and moaning over EVERY call, loud and obnoxiuos....worst i have seen in a loooong time...for that alone i say i hope Corbin wins
TheProfessor33 Wrote:Best player and best coach! Scott County wins big 73-48

That margin will most likely not happen. If Hicks happens to get a 20 point lead he is resting his starters for the weekend. You can bank on it.
Gunslinger Wrote:He has lost his mind and im sure something that small will be VERY hard to find. Either that or has adopted the ole "if u cant beat em join em attitude ". He needs a new user name. Any suggestions on that?

Stalker, thread hijacker, stranger danger you name it. I am waiting to hear about a black van with real dark windows cruising the school parking lots at Corbin Schools.
If we WERE to get beat by anybody in this tournament I would want to be Scott co. I still have a lot of respect for coach hicks. He’s class act, and only has nice things to say about corbin. Said in his interview he wouldn’t be where he was at if it wasn’t for corbin. I really hated seeing him leave.
Hound05 Wrote:If we WERE to get beat by anybody in this tournament I would want to be Scott co. I still have a lot of respect for coach hicks. He’s class act, and only has nice things to say about corbin. Said in his interview he wouldn’t be where he was at if it wasn’t for corbin. I really hated seeing him leave.

He is first class and I feel the same hound, interview he truly looked emotional when talking about Corbin and coach P. He is a legend, and will always have ties to Corbin.
Coach Hicks now has 2 former players that are Head Coaches in the final 8, Corbin's Coach is a given- can anyone name the other except Rojas? I know he knows- HA!
I'm going to be a real homer here-- but I think Corbin makes this one closer than most think.

Watching the Scott County/LCA game (and you can go back through my posts to read this), I said that I thought it was "sloppy".

I thought the same thing about the portion of the Trinity game that I was able to watch as well.

Someone else here stated that Scott County plays somewhat of a "helter skelter" style, and I can see that.

At the same time, I'm not sure that it's going to be as effective on most teams as it will be on Corbin given the staff's familiarity with Hicks, and it wasn't THAT long ago that Corbin faced off with Scott County in Rupp and held their own early.

I'm a big believer in behavioralism when it comes to finding ways to improve and "get over the hump".

Taylor got to Rupp and had an opportunity to work the nerves and emotions, etc., out against Estill County, so it's not as likely that he's going to have the same kind of game again so soon.

Talked to someone who watched all of the games yesterday who thought Moreno was the best player that he'd seen, and I'm not trying to say that Corbin can make Scott County look "sloppy" as easily as Lexington Christian Academy, or especially Trinity-- I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me if this one winds up being much closer than people thought going in.
rojas Wrote:I don't think Corbin will play Scott County in a man-to-man as they did Estill County. I think they will open in a zone and collapse on Moreno and try to force Scott County to shoot from outside. Moreno will still get his points but Corbin will make it tough on him. Scott County has been a great shooting team throughout the year, until the regional finals and first round of the Sweet 16, where they have been ice cold.

I predict Scott County will stay with their high pressure half-court man-to-man trap defense. They may play a little full court man-to-man if needed. I think the game will be close much of the way and Scott County pulls away at the end.

Interesting stats
Andrew Taylor (Corbin) averages almost 29 points per game & almost 11 rebounds per game.
Michael Moreno (Scott County) averages 11 rebounds per game
Scott County scores 79 points per game, 2nd highest in the state.
Corbin scores 72 points per game.
Scott County beats teams by an average of 23 points per game.
Corbin shoots over 49% from the field.
Corbin shoots 74% from the free throw line while Scott County shoots 73%.
Scott County averages 36 rebounds per game.
Billy Hicks (Scott County has a career record of 8-4 in Sweet 16 quarterfinal games and is the all-time leader with 28-10 record in 38 Sweet 16 games.

I'm sticking with Scott County by 11 in a fairly tightly contested game.

Also, Scott Co has had to play against much better talent than Corbin has. Scott Co by 20+
RealJokersWild24 Wrote:I'm going to be a real homer here-- but I think Corbin makes this one closer than most think.

Watching the Scott County/LCA game (and you can go back through my posts to read this), I said that I thought it was "sloppy".

I thought the same thing about the portion of the Trinity game that I was able to watch as well.

Someone else here stated that Scott County plays somewhat of a "helter skelter" style, and I can see that.

At the same time, I'm not sure that it's going to be as effective on most teams as it will be on Corbin given the staff's familiarity with Hicks, and it wasn't THAT long ago that Corbin faced off with Scott County in Rupp and held their own early.

I'm a big believer in behavioralism when it comes to finding ways to improve and "get over the hump".

Taylor got to Rupp and had an opportunity to work the nerves and emotions, etc., out against Estill County, so it's not as likely that he's going to have the same kind of game again so soon.

Talked to someone who watched all of the games yesterday who thought Moreno was the best player that he'd seen, and I'm not trying to say that Corbin can make Scott County look "sloppy" as easily as Lexington Christian Academy, or especially Trinity-- I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me if this one winds up being much closer than people thought going in.
LCA had big players. Who does Corbin have that can stop Moreno?or Cooper Robb?
If Corbin shoots lights out,especially from 3, i think they can hang in there. My game plan would be to get Moreno on early foul trouble, prob easier said than done, but in Rupp crazy things happen pretty often
[quote=Gunslinger]

If Corbin shoots lights out,especially from 3, i think they can hang in there. My game plan would be to get Moreno on early foul trouble, prob easier said than done, but in Rupp crazy things happen pretty often
Superfly Wrote:LCA had big players. Who does Corbin have that can stop Moreno?or Cooper Robb?

Different level of the game. But buffalo sure as H€LL didn’t have anyone to stop Arizona’s size or talent. Worked out pretty good for them. Sometimes the biggest, best, and most talented teams don’t always win. All we need is that one time. I don’t think it’s gonna happen, and I’m ok with that. But I wouldn’t bet my house on the game
It'll take one of those magical shooting days for Corbin to stay close. If they start feeling sorry for themselves early then Scott could get a running clock
Superfly Wrote:LCA had big players. Who does Corbin have that can stop Moreno?or Cooper Robb?

Don't know that anyone in the tournament has someone who can stop both of them.

I think if Corbin shoots it well and takes care of the ball (i.e., doesn't turn it over and/or fall into the trap of playing at anything other than a methodical pace), then they can keep it close-ish.
Scott County by ten.
Good luck getting Moreno in foul trouble- I have never seen it happen kid is so smart, all A student, pretty sure 4.0- No one still hasn't answered my question- Who is the other Head Coach that is in the final 8 that played for Coach Hicks
Key for Corbin foul,foul,foul Moreno by using rice ,wine,UnThank and barley. :closed::closed: Go Redhounds
If Scott county can shoot the way they did in the second half of the first round, they will beat Corbin by 20+
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Good luck getting Moreno in foul trouble- I have never seen it happen kid is so smart, all A student, pretty sure 4.0- No one still hasn't answered my question- Who is the other Head Coach that is in the final 8 that played for Coach Hicks

His initials are C.Z.
Scott pulling away...up 16. No surprise
Shots just not falling for corbin. Taylor getting triple teamed but sanders and Stewart just can’t buy a bucket
58-36
SC in control. They woke up at halftime!