Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A State Championship Boyle 40 Corbin 21
How many lineman does Boyle lose?
CoachNM0523 Wrote:How many lineman does Boyle lose?

Four of the five.

We had to replace three this season.

Things are going to work out fine with our line next season.
FoSho Wrote:Four of the five.

We had to replace three this season.

Things are going to work out fine with our line next season.

I think that will be the story line for Boyle next season. Most fans don’t realize how important lineman are to a team. Take into consideration the injuries belfry had, but even though they returned Taveon hunter and Wellman, they weren’t the same team without the hogs opening up the holes for them. The east next year will be loaded.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:I think that will be the story line for Boyle next season. Most fans don’t realize how important lineman are to a team. Take into consideration the injuries belfry had, but even though they returned Taveon hunter and Wellman, they weren’t the same team without the hogs opening up the holes for them. The east next year will be loaded.

I agree, injuries are a totally different animal. Boyle will do everything they can to have linemen play on one side of the ball.

These "offseason issues" tend to work themselves out at the good programs.
The team that has the best off season will make a strong run at title..
FoSho Wrote:Dude, Boyle fans put up with so much crap from Corbin fans about the stupid middle school game and the lead up to last Friday it was ridiculous.

You guys wrote the book on classless (maybe not you specifically), but some need their share of crow.

I'll eat zero crow for my comments about the middle school game. Everything I said was true and the state title game didn't change that. The difference between me and you is that I'm not making excuses as to why we got beat. We got beat in the high school game because Boyle was a better team. Boyle got beat in the middle school game because Corbin was a better team. Not because of weather and not because of calls in the high school game. Corbin left 14 points off of the board and turned the ball over atleast twice. Calls or lack there of didn't cause those things to happen. The only think I'll eat crow on is my prediction. I said I thought Corbin would win by 14. I was obviously wrong on that one, but I still think that if Corbin had played their best game it was a possible outcome. That's neither here nor there, we'll see you all next year if you get by belfry.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I'll eat zero crow for my comments about the middle school game. Everything I said was true and the state title game didn't change that. The difference between me and you is that I'm not making excuses as to why we got beat. We got beat in the high school game because Boyle was a better team. Boyle got beat in the middle school game because Corbin was a better team. Not because of weather and not because of calls in the high school game. Corbin left 14 points off of the board and turned the ball over atleast twice. Calls or lack there of didn't cause those things to happen. The only think I'll eat crow on is my prediction. I said I thought Corbin would win by 14. I was obviously wrong on that one, but I still think that if Corbin had played their best game it was a possible outcome. That's neither here nor there, we'll see you all next year if you get by belfry.

I'll say this......it was closer to a running clock than a win by Corbin.

Next year is next year.

The winner of week three will give you all that you can handle.
Corbin fans are just now coming out of their shell from the butt whipping. Talking about point left on the field, Boyle was kneeling on the one and a couple xpoint away from 50. Corbin, you got your butt whipped so just take it like the rest of us do at the end of the year. You made it there and that was good. As far as middle school, who knows what all can happen before they are playing, your coach may even be in the college game before they get there. Seems all Corbin fans fall back to middle school to explain their team?
Bobcat4years Wrote:The team that has the best off season will make a strong run at title..

Corbin has a highly ranked recruiting class at the moment if this helps
PRIDE101 Wrote:Corbin fans are just now coming out of their shell from the butt whipping. Talking about point left on the field, Boyle was kneeling on the one and a couple xpoint away from 50. Corbin, you got your butt whipped so just take it like the rest of us do at the end of the year. You made it there and that was good. As far as middle school, who knows what all can happen before they are playing, your coach may even be in the college game before they get there. Seems all Corbin fans fall back to middle school to explain their team?

Right we live in the moment and this year wasn’t this groups moment. Haddix will be there for at least 6 more years I would bet, and kick us from 4 bad quarters on defense, but our record says we was good enough to be there. Sometimes the game gets bigger than all the coaching and I feel that wa the case, plus there was some calls that could have been game changers but that’s why they play. I hate we lost but will bet they will be there again and will be ready. As for bgr I will be back during baseball, as for basketball it will be fine with out me. All my post next year will be aimed at high school football, my youngest will be a freshman and oldest a senior I wish all a merry Christmas and happy new year talk to you after baseball . God bless
I can assure you that the weather in the middle school game (that you laughed at Boyle fans for mentioning) was a MUCH bigger determining factor than the calls in the high school game.

You were just simply outplayed and outcoached at Kroger Field.

Next year is a new year and anything can happen.

I'm done with this topic. Great season by both squads and I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Sounds to me like they should ban weather from middle school games and officials from high school games.
FoSho Wrote:I can assure you that the weather in the middle school game (that you laughed at Boyle fans for mentioning) was a MUCH bigger determining factor than the calls in the high school game.

I'm done with this topic. Great season by both squads and I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

"Laughed at" is not the correct term. It's more like I am currently laughing at you for continuing to make such a ridiculous excuse. It's crazy to say that the weather kept you from throwing the ball when the team you played had a successful day throwing the football. I guess the weather changed when Corbin was on offense though.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:"Laughed at" is not the correct term. It's more like I am currently laughing at you for continuing to make such a ridiculous excuse. It's crazy to say that the weather kept you from throwing the ball when the team you played had a successful day throwing the football. I guess the weather changed when Corbin was on offense though.

Yep, you're right. Any rational person can agree that throwing the ball 70% of the time in the spread vs throwing 3/4 times a game in the wing T is pretty much the same. Cold/windy/rainy weather conditions almost never effect passing teams as much as running teams.

🙄
1. Corbin doesn't run the wing T.
2. Corbin runs a spread offense too, they just run the ball more than they throw it.
3. Completing a pass is completing a pass. The formation you line up in doesn't change that.
4. every pass Corbin completed was completed while there were three or more wideouts in the formation.

What's your next excuse?
FoSho Wrote:I can assure you that the weather in the middle school game (that you laughed at Boyle fans for mentioning) was a MUCH bigger determining factor than the calls in the high school game.

See here’s the thing most of us Corbin fans have admitted:
Boyle controlled the line of scrimmage.
Done a great job getting behind our DB’s.
Had a really good game plan and the kids executed.
All this with a hall of fame coach.
Boyle Co won the game, no excuses, congrats but you can’t give Corbin credit for winning a middle school game and when you don’t get your way turn into a troll.
The weather didn’t change your teams performance any more than the officiating changes ours. I thought we simply played one of the worst games that we played all year how much of that was let down from the central game and how good Boyle Co. was is the only thing that’s debatable to me. Good luck going forward I’m sure we’ll be seeing each other again.
chs crazy Wrote:See here’s the thing most of us Corbin fans have admitted:
Boyle controlled the line of scrimmage.
Done a great job getting behind our DB’s.
Had a really good game plan and the kids executed.
All this with a hall of fame coach.
Boyle Co won the game, no excuses, congrats but you can’t give Corbin credit for winning a middle school game and when you don’t get your way turn into a troll.
The weather didn’t change your teams performance any more than the officiating changes ours. I thought we simply played one of the worst games that we played all year how much of that was let down from the central game and how good Boyle Co. was is the only thing that’s debatable to me. Good luck going forward I’m sure we’ll be seeing each other again.

I have never ONE TIME said that we would have won the middle school game. All I have EVER said is that it effected our play and that is 100% accurate. We certainly could have won if the weather was different. You ran the "Give the ball to #13" offense. Lol
Single Wing 77 Wrote:1. Corbin doesn't run the wing T.
2. Corbin runs a spread offense too, they just run the ball more than they throw it.
3. Completing a pass is completing a pass. The formation you line up in doesn't change that.
4. every pass Corbin completed was completed while there were three or more wideouts in the formation.

What's your next excuse?

😂

Congrats on the middle school "title". I love where Boyle Co Football is right now and I'll trade a fictional title for the real deal ANYDAY! With more to come.

It's the off-season now and I intend on really enjoying it.

Merry Christmas!
Never seen so much whining in my life and excuses in a blowout
Yep, we need to wrap this thread up with a big Christmas bow.

😎
FoSho Wrote:I have never ONE TIME said that we would have won the middle school game. All I have EVER said is that it effected our play and that is 100% accurate. We certainly could have won if the weather was different. You ran the "Give the ball to #13" offense. Lol

it was apparently a better offense than "let 15 throw it". If it was such a simple offense then why did you all have so much trouble stopping it?
FoSho Wrote:😂

Congrats on the middle school "title". I love where Boyle Co Football is right now and I'll trade a fictional title for the real deal ANYDAY! With more to come.

It's the off-season now and I intend on really enjoying it.

Merry Christmas!

You say it's a fictional title. Are you implying that the team we beat in the championship game wasn't a real team? Were they imaginary? Was the champion not decided on the field?

I'm also really excited at where Corbin football is right now too. I think this is just the tip of the iceberg. This season was the continuation of a snowball effect that began four years ago. The farther it goes the bigger and better it'll get. Can't wait till next season. I guarantee that those returning seniors aren't gonna make excuses, they're gonna work their tails off with one goal in mind. That goal is a state championship.
Better worry about keeping your Coach. Word is he may be moving to Collegiate level sooner than expected. Like now.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:You say it's a fictional title. Are you implying that the team we beat in the championship game wasn't a real team? Were they imaginary? Was the champion not decided on the field?

I'm also really excited at where Corbin football is right now too. I think this is just the tip of the iceberg. This season was the continuation of a snowball effect that began four years ago. The farther it goes the bigger and better it'll get. Can't wait till next season. I guarantee that those returning seniors aren't gonna make excuses, they're gonna work their tails off with one goal in mind. That goal is a state championship.

I think he is referring to the titles Corbin has claimed in the past few weeks. For instance, “King of the Mountains “ , “Beast of the East” and “Best of all Time. Those mythical titles that Corbin now owns.
Corbin gunna Corbin.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:You say it's a fictional title. Are you implying that the team we beat in the championship game wasn't a real team? Were they imaginary? Was the champion not decided on the field?

Don’t waste your time he’s a narcissistic troll who’s only interested in his point of view and having things go his way.
Predator/Prey Wrote:I think he is referring to the titles Corbin has claimed in the past few weeks. For instance, “King of the Mountains “ , “Beast of the East” and “Best of all Time. Those mythical titles that Corbin now owns.

:Shaking: That’s not at all what he’s referring to, he’s jumped on the bandwagon that calls question to Corbin’s claimed titles in the 1930’s through the 1950’s before the KHSAA took over and actually sanctioned state title games. I’ve not heard Corbin claim any of those titles in the past few weeks pretty sure Belfry coined the “Beast from the East” moniker, but hey it’s your story tell it however you want don’t let facts get in the way
Didn’t Corbin have shirts made something about the try for # 6 or something? Did someone name them champions at that time?
chs crazy Wrote::Shaking: That’s not at all what he’s referring to, he’s jumped on the bandwagon that calls question to Corbin’s claimed titles in the 1930’s through the 1950’s before the KHSAA took over and actually sanctioned state title games. I’ve not heard Corbin claim any of those titles in the past few weeks pretty sure Belfry coined the “Beast from the East” moniker, but hey it’s your story tell it however you want don’t let facts get in the way

The team had a banner down on the field before the championship game claiming them. It said the drive for 5 or something like that.
chs crazy Wrote::Shaking: That’s not at all what he’s referring to, he’s jumped on the bandwagon that calls question to Corbin’s claimed titles in the 1930’s through the 1950’s before the KHSAA took over and actually sanctioned state title games. I’ve not heard Corbin claim any of those titles in the past few weeks pretty sure Belfry coined the “Beast from the East” moniker, but hey it’s your story tell it however you want don’t let facts get in the way

You just said in the first part Corbin’s claimed titles then went on to say no one from Corbin claimed them. Which is it?