Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Franklin Simpson
12.50%
Johnson Central
87.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franklin Simpson vs. Johnson Central (4A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
Last year Franklin-Simpson started decently in the championship game but then had a big loss on the interior of their defensive line when #51 left with an injury. He was the one big body they had and when he went out their defense had no answer for the JC ground game. I assume he should be healthy for this years matchup so that should help FS put up a better resistance.
Not that it matters... but something I found interesting looking at the enrollment numbers for the '16/'17 school year.

Perry County Central: 909 total students (5A) #191.
Franklin-Simpson: 920 total students (4A) #192.
Allen County-Scottsville: 922 total students (4A) #193.
Rowan County: 924 total students (4A) #194.
Corbin: 927 total students (3A) #195.

Somebody articulate for me how three 4A schools, that are within four total students of each other, are between a 5A & a 3A school. I know this isn't groundbreaking news, but this is cray-cray.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:In 2003 season, we finished the season with about 35-40 players.

When Jim came to JC in 2004, our numbers went up to well over 50. Several of the players that didn't come out in the '03 season was on the field and making plays in the '04 season.
Since then, our numbers have stayed around the 55 to 65 players, some seasons we've had more on the roster.

JC is one of the largest 4A schools by population in the state, maybe even the largest. The talent has always been there. The right coach at the right time came along and was able to keep the football field from being turned in to a parking lot.

'00: 11-1 (This was the best season in JC's history up to this point)
'01: 2-8
'02: 2-8
'03: 1-9
'04: 7-3
'05: 8-3
'06: 13-1 - This was the rumored (and I stress the word rumored) year the football field was projected to be turned in to a parking lot if the football program didn't improve by then. However on that cold Friday night after Thanksgiving, we were playing in our first ever semi-state game and had the largest crowd for a football game in school history.
Eleven years later we've played in three straight state championship games and have put up one 4A state championship billboard with more to come.

The JC senior class was in 1st grade when the 2006 team went 13-1.
That season has paid more dividends than we ever thought it would.
Tickets are on sale at JC in the Media room for $13 for a general admission ticket.
We will be on the 50 yard line.... Great seats this year! :High5:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It is very unlikely that Franklin Simpson has closed a 49 point gap in one season. A run-first team does not stand much of a chance against Johnson Central. FS will probably score but not nearly enough.

JC 45 FS 14

I thought the very same thing about a Collins team a few years back! Still think JC wins this game.
I got a friend that kids go to school at Franklin Simpson and they told me they were not as good as last year and that Johnson Central was way to big for them. There affraid of a repeat of last years finals.
Go Eagles!!!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GAME DAY
GO EAGLES
#DEFENDTHERING

Time to hit the Mountain Parkway.
Want to thank the Belfry fans for their support of the Eagles. The Eagles for sure will do all they can to bring back to eastern Ky a state title!
[color="yellow"][/color]
Bring the hardware home to JOHNSONVILLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
baller55 Wrote:Want to thank the Belfry fans for their support of the Eagles. The Eagles for sure will do all they can to bring back to eastern Ky a state title!

We're all mountain family (not related :biggrinSmile....bring back the hardware!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GAME DAY!!!!!

"To be the Man, You gotta beat the Man.... and I'm saying, right here..... I'M THE MAN!!!!!!"
Kroger Field is gonna be Black & Gold.....

We might draw a bigger crowd than a UK game.
Game day!! Let’s go Golden Eagles! Hope everyone has safe travels down to Lexington and brings a huge crowd!
Let's Go Eagles!!!
The Black & Gold caravan is on the Mountain Parkway.....
Live-stream station??