Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Many All Around Athletes Do You Know?
I'll go with some former SV players. Kelsey Friend, tremendous jumping ability, good lateral movement and he was good at whatever he played. Seth Kiser, taller, maybe a little quicker. I remember Seth making Mr Basketball Canidate Aaron Cash look stupid when they met at East Ridge. Could have been great at football, he has great arm strength. Mike Bartley, quickest first step iv'e seen, could have been one of the best players in SV history if the coaching change didn't happen. But he wouldn't leave SV because it was home for him. Patrick Tackett currently plays soccer for Pikeville College, they tried to get him to play basketball but he wont. Patrick has long monkey arms which gives him an advantage. He played a ton of sports at SV, Basketball,Football,Baseball, Soccer.
Some that I can think of from years past at Prestonsburg would be

John Ortega
Kalen Harris
Nathan Leslie
Joey Willis
John Mark Stephens
Trevor Compton
Joe Blackburn
Just about all of Prestonsburg's basketball players were great football players but this is a list of the ones who stood out in both basketball and football. Also John Ortega should be Prestonsburg's Man of the Century. Kid could do everything.
Nick Jamerson
I always enjoyed watching Trevor and Nick they always amazed me. What about Slone the former running back?
"The Chosen 1" Wrote:I always enjoyed watching Trevor and Nick they always amazed me. What about Slone the former running back?
Slone was a helluva football player. He also played basketball and was a great defender, but I don't think he was quite good enough at basketball to be considered as an all around athlete.
O'Steen from Hazard...all around athlete...football, basketball, baseball, and track...yes, I may be a tad bit prejudiced on this choice! Smile
Jamerson was also a 4 time Regional Champ in hurdles. Finished 3rd in the hurdles at state his senior year.
Robert Gannon from Phelps...he plays baseball, basketball, and football and does an EXCELLENT job in all 3!!!
sean music is good at everything
D.Pugh. :1: Can adapt to nearly any position of nearly any sport, also a great boxer :bow: Currently holds the Arby's middle-weight championship belt Confusedurrender:
[quote author=Bluesman38 link=topic=19244.msg212732#msg212732 date=1142586000]
D.Pugh. :1: Can adapt to nearly any position of nearly any sport, also a great boxer :bow: Currently holds the Arby's middle-weight championship belt Confusedurrender:
[/quote]

Really that's amazing, what exactly is the Arby's middle weight belt? I don't follow alot boxing so you might be able to clear that up for me. I would like to challenge Pugh to a match just for fun, maybe we can work something out.
[quote author=Err Is Human link=topic=19244.msg184565#msg184565 date=1140137917]
IM gonna go w/ my boy PUGH... hes awesome at baseball.. basketball.. and football.. and ive seen the kid box.. he could kick chuck norris' ass..!!
[/quote]

Id say if ole chuck norris went around calling him names and requesting him to pack up and leave town, yeppers a good ole paintsville tiger ass kicking could be called for, even in a public place such as arbys during lunch hour...
[quote author=LazerMan link=topic=19244.msg212859#msg212859 date=1142615065]
[quote author=Err Is Human link=topic=19244.msg184565#msg184565 date=1140137917]
IM gonna go w/ my boy PUGH... hes awesome at baseball.. basketball.. and football.. and ive seen the kid box.. he could kick chuck norris' ass..!!
[/quote]

Id say if ole chuck norris went around calling him names and requesting him to pack up and leave town, yeppers a good ole paintsville tiger ass kicking could be called for, even in a public place such as arbys during lunch hour...
[/quote]

LOL that's funny laserman, I hope he wasn't serious when he said Pugh could whip Chuck Norris' ass.
Ryan Howard from leslie county is a three sport all-star...He is quick with around the corner or up the middle with a  football, no other guard in the region drives the lane and has a left handed floater like he does, and he has the power to drive the ball deep on the diamond....

B.j. Young is another three sport athlete from leslie county...He is lighting fast as a receiver for the eagles, he is 6th man off the bench for the basketball team and he runs track.

Quentin Morgan is another three sport all-star from leslie county...He has a cannon as QB for leslie county and it carries over into baseball where he is unquestionable the best pitcher on the team, and he is the big center for LC'S basketball team...

Daniel Day also from Leslie County is a two sport athlete, he is power forward for the basketball team..he is second leading scorer next to morgan and he is a great tight-end for the eagles in football...
Joey Willis comes to mind for me. He was one of the best QB's ever at PBURG..IMO.. and was a solid basketball player and I believe he may have played baseball as well. Nick Jamerson also comes to mind, He was good at just about everything he did, could have probabily played small college basketball somewhere but decided to play football. Shane Simpkins & Ryan Jarrell were two all around athletes @ Paintsville. Doug Howard was a good athlete at Belfry and and this year you have to throw in Brandon May at SC.
Chuck Norris
Kurt Bovard- CovCath
Sam Lawson- Dixie

I was a decent all-around athlete
Justin slone...SF Football, basketball, baseball
Brandon thatcker...BL Golf, basketball, baseball
Brenton Hamilton, Football baseball basketball
John Ortega hands down the best I have seen in this area. He was a stud at all three. He then went on and was great at two or three at Centre. I am not from P-burg but he was a tough kid to play against.
Brandon May is a deffinate all around athlete...hands down the best i know!
NoWeakness Wrote:I've been a fan of Pugh for awhile. I don't think Maynard is that good at basketball, he's out of control. But he's a brilliant football player.
He's good he about made the school record in basketball game this past year.