Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How Many All Around Athletes Do You Know?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A post in the baseball forum got me thinking about this question. There's many one sport stars but how many them players can play any other sport as good.
How many "True Athletes" do you know? I would describe a true athlete as someone that no matter what sport they play their the best or close to the best playing. They don't have to play multiple organized sports to prove their ability, just as long as you've seen them play multiple sports. I really don't know too many of these types of people anymore, I'll have to think about it before I post my athletes.
Chase Huffman, Brad Lowe, Dusty Hall, Kelsey Friend is a few I can think of, off the top of my head.
Brandon May of Sheldon Clark is as good of a basketball/baseball player as there is in the region.

Matt Maynard of Belfry is the best football/basketball player in the region hands down.

Daniel Pugh of Paintsville is another great athlete. I believe he is a 3 sport athlete. Football/Baseball/Basketball. He is also a darn good boxer.

These are just three off the top of my head, there are some really good athletes out there tho.
I've been a fan of Pugh for awhile. I don't think Maynard is that good at basketball, he's out of control. But he's a brilliant football player.
"NoWeakness" Wrote:I've been a fan of Pugh for awhile. I don't think Maynard is that good at basketball, he's out of control. But he's a brilliant football player.

Like him or not he is still one of the top basketball players in the region. His athleticism makes him near impossible to guard in this region.
Pugh is one of the top baseball players in the region as well....might be the best 3-4 sport star in the region.
"NoWeakness" Wrote:A post in the baseball forum got me thinking about this question. There's many one sport stars but how many them players can play any other sport as good.
How many "True Athletes" do you know? I would describe a true athlete as someone that no matter what sport they play their the best or close to the best playing. They don't have to play multiple organized sports to prove their ability, just as long as you've seen them play multiple sports. I really don't know too many of these types of people anymore, I'll have to think about it before I post my athletes.

1. Pugh -- Paintsville
2. Robinson -- Pikeville
Sean Music-JCHS
Pugh-PHS
Robinson-Pikeville
alot of people here seem to think Brandon May is the best basketball player in the region. and IMO he is an even better baseball player. he is an awesome 2 sport star for the cards.
Ryan johnson is the Quarterback of the football team shortstop of the baseball team and the point guard of the basketball team!
Guys I played with:

Chas Harmon, Tate Harmon, Shane Simpkins, Adam Collins, Dustin Hall of Paintsville.
matt maynard, brad lowe, brandon may, jonathan dingess
Justin Slone, Ryan Johnson, Ryan Little, and Ethan Johnson. Justin and Ryan J. play basketball, baseball, and football. Ryan L. and Ethan play basketball and football. I heard Ethan was playing baseball this year to, he use to be really good.
yea ethan was a good baseball player i used to play with him in little league and pee wee.......he was a hell of a ball player
One of the more recent all around "athletes" I can remember from Shelby Valley was Patrick Tackett...Basketball, Football, Baseball, and even Soccer for a while...Great in all of them...
Is'nt Brandon May almost 20?
The best that I can think of at there schools would probably be:

Paintsville- Daniel Pugh
Johnson Central-Justin Blanton
Sheldon Clark-Brandon May
Belfrey-Matt Maynard

Thats all i can think of
Brad Lowe only plays Basketball. Matt Maynard- Belfry, Basketball/football/ And a real good baseball player but he doesn't play. Dustin May- Belfry, is a 3 sport standout...
Brandon May is alot better at Baseball than he is Basketball... Pugh is another 3 sport standout...
Let's not forget Golf! Sean Leslie, Brooks Herrick and Michael Stephens. Sean was the Regional Champion 3 years in a row I think, and Herrick was the Regional champ this past season. Stephens was a member of the team including the Team Regional Championship team last year.
a lot
"THUNDERCHILD" Wrote:Let's not forget Golf! Sean Leslie, Brooks Herrick and Michael Stephens. Sean was the Regional Champion 3 years in a row I think, and Herrick was the Regional champ this past season. Stephens was a member of the team including the Team Regional Championship team last year.

sean leslie is an AWESOME golfer.
brandon may is not 20 lol I am pretty sure there are rules about age. He has just been playing for a long time. And he is an awesome athlete. Maynard and Pugh get my nod as well.
"baseballforlife" Wrote:Is'nt Brandon May almost 20?
Brandon's B-day is 11/18/1986. So he will not be 20 untill Nov. What does that have anything to do with him being one of the top athletes in the region? He has played varsuty basketball since he was in 8th grade and played Baseball since 7th.
I said almost 20. What that means is your comparing a man to boys.
"baseballforlife" Wrote:I said almost 20. What that means is your comparing a man to boys.
What it also means is that he is of legal age as stated by the KHSAA. So if your going to complain to sombody about it then you should get a hold of them. The web-site is http://www.khsaa.org
I'm sure they will be more than happy to change the rules since it is you who thinks it is wrong.Smile Smile Smile
IM gonna go w/ my boy PUGH... hes awesome at baseball.. basketball.. and football.. and ive seen the kid box.. he could kick chuck norris' ass..!!
"baseballforlife" Wrote:I said almost 20. What that means is your comparing a man to boys.

And he's been a man among boys since his sophomore year.
Shaun Johnson is a starter for SC in all 3 sports w/ baseball being his best.Braxton Lafferty from Sheldon Clark only plays baseball but he is a great basketball player. If he chose to play he'd be considered in everyones top 10.
"Bob Knight" Wrote:Shaun Johnson is a starter for SC in all 3 sports w/ baseball being his best.Braxton Lafferty from Sheldon Clark only plays baseball but he is a great basketball player. If he chose to play he'd be considered in everyones top 10.

i agree with that. i wish braxton would have played basketball. this team would look ALOT different IMO.
"corndog23" Wrote:i agree with that. i wish braxton would have played basketball. this team would look ALOT different IMO.
You got that right. It would have been a huge lift.
Pages: 1 2