Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hazard
68.00%
Pikeville
32.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard vs Pikeville
This game may come down to kicking which gives hazard the edge. 24-21 hazard on a Collins field goal.
I'm going go with hazard on this one
Turnovers will decide this game in a close one Hazard 28 Pikeville 24
Hazard 28 Pikeville 24
Hazard by 10
Hazard 28
Pikeville 14
The Francis kid for Hazard has put some solid numbers up the past two games on limited carries. I'm interested to see if he and Fletcher both get carries this week.
Hazard at home 24-21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1 score game either way. Big play or turnover will be the difference maker. Pikeville is getting better every week. Have they improved enough to beat Hazard at home?
I’ll take Hazard. Good luck to both squads!
jetpilot Wrote:Don't need him at QB, wish he could play wideout and defense! I doubt we will see him on the field again, hope I am wrong.

I agree with you Pikeville must play great defense to win IMO.

Really .. we need a state champion QB at wideout.. smh
jmhsrv1970 Wrote:Really .. we need a state champion QB at wideout.. smh

He's stating that the team has chemistry with the new QB and bringing him back their may hurt. Wyatt is an excellent safety and would help the Panthers defensively. It's hard to put him back in there this late in the playoffs. Now if he was ready about 3-4 weeks ago it would okay.

The new quarterback has did a fantastic job and continues to do so. So i myself see no point is messing it up either.

Roberts is doing fantastic...I wouldn't take him out if someone had a gun to my head. No way no how. Battaile was one small piece of that championship team and doesn't walk in not playing all year and get starting QB job based on that.

P.S. Glad to see you on the football boards again, it's been a very long time.
bac2369 Wrote:He's stating that the team has chemistry with the new QB and bringing him back their may hurt. Wyatt is an excellent safety and would help the Panthers defensively. It's hard to put him back in there this late in the playoffs. Now if he was ready about 3-4 weeks ago it would okay.

The new quarterback has did a fantastic job and continues to do so. So i myself see no point is messing it up either.

Exactly bac. Chemistry, wins and great running and passing.
jetpilot Wrote:Roberts is doing fantastic...I wouldn't take him out if someone had a gun to my head. No way no how. Battaile was one small piece of that championship team and doesn't walk in not playing all year and get starting QB job based on that.

P.S. Glad to see you on the football boards again, it's been a very long time.

We will have to agree to disagree 3 TDS in state championship game might be a little more than a small piece.. but we all have our opinions..
jmhsrv1970 Wrote:.

We will have to agree to disagree 3 TDS in state championship game might be a little more than a small piece.. but we all have our opinions..

He was one very good player out of about 15 very good players that made that championship happen. Along with a great job the coaching staff did. So yes small piece. Taking a guy out who is playing lights out for a guy who hasn't played all year, I don't see them even thinking about it. Just my opinion and now I'm done. Go Panthers.
I will not argue with Pikeville fans and I will not make a prediction on this game lol...
Pikeville has to find a way to slow Blair down. There isn't a better QB in the mountains for my money and you don't hear much about him.
Sorry you misunderstood was not suggesting a QB change.. just stating WR was not a position he should play .. I would also suggest if he was not a small piece (QB) you would not see a ring .. no argument
jetpilot Wrote:Exactly bac. Chemistry, wins and great running and passing.

I like to give credit when it's due... the Roberts kid has did a fantastic job after taking over.
I really don't know why but my gut feeling is telling me Pikeville wins this one.i do feel like if hazard could have stayed healthy this year they would have been your class a champs for 2017.(not saying that it will not happen this year)good luck to both teams and hopefully no injuries
jmhsrv1970 Wrote:Sorry you misunderstood was not suggesting a QB change.. just stating WR was not a position he should play .. I would also suggest if he was not a small piece (QB) you would not see a ring .. no argument

I meant more of a slot receiver. Great decoy that would mess with defenses. Get the ball in his hands several times and let him throw out of it a few times even. It would be great to essentially have two QBs back there.
But another thing it probably isn't fair to him. I don't want him hurt, I want more basketball trophies too lol...
Pikeville has got better each week so I’m going to say that basketball is going to have to wait another week to get all the football players i think Coach Mac and his boys wis this game in a hard fought one
Pikeville - 28
Hazard - 21
I have to agree with Jet about the Blair kid, he is definitely a game changer. He killed us in the 1st game with his legs and arm and almost did Paintsville in their game, he is a great athlete. Hazard has a lot of weapons and their defense is awesome. Pikeville is going to have to play their best game of the year to win this one. I also believe turnovers is the key to this game the team that makes the fewest wins. Good luck to both teams and a injury free game for both.
Weather is going to potentially be a significant factor in this game. Calling for strong, gusty winds, rain, and so forth. That can’t be discounted either. So I agree with Patriot here, turnovers will be a factor.

Also, do not overlook the Fletcher kid. I think he had 144 rush yards against us last game. Shifty back that’s hard to bring down. Pikeville will need to continue gang tackling and wrapping up. No more arm tackling. I’m not gonna make a prediction, although I have my thoughts. Go Panthers!!!!
Gotta go with my Panthers in this one, win or lose but if they play like they have been coached, and play like this is the state championship game, then it will be another W for them. HAIL PIKEVILLE !!!

I bet if you asked the kid, he’d play on the O-Line if he could just to get back on that field...That’s what Pikeville Panthers do....
I just looked at the Williamsburg stats and that 18 rushing yards stands way out to me. It shows 214 yards through the air. It tells me Williamsburg had an okay game through the air but that Pikeville defense bent but did not break. Williamsburg doesn't post what they give up but we know it's up there..
This one will be a dandy.

Hard to pick against the Bulldogs at home, but Pikeville is a different team than they were earlier in the season.

Hazard has a kicking game that can be a game-changer if this one is close.

Gimme the Bulldogs in a close one.
bac2369 Wrote:I just looked at the Williamsburg stats and that 18 rushing yards stands way out to me. It shows 214 yards through the air. It tells me Williamsburg had an okay game through the air but that Pikeville defense bent but did not break. Williamsburg doesn't post what they give up but we know it's up there..

Actually didn't bend lol...they scored on first possession, most of yardage was a catch and run of about 50, then didn't threaten again until late in 4th on 2nd string and were stopped.