Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hazard
68.00%
Pikeville
32.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard vs Pikeville
The first game was exciting. What's your thoughts?
Pikeville will get to finally prove if they have legitimately improved to Championship level or if the past several opponents have been walk overs, or both. Hazard has a great 1A defense and home field. May the best team win in an old fashioned fist fight.
Correct me if I am wrong, Hazard had Smith the first time they played and Pikeville did not have Battle back yet? If I am correct, that could make for a huge swing in the scoreboard.
Two well coached teams should be a nail biter. Give the edge to the home team. Bulldogs 31-28
bball_fan Wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, Hazard had Smith the first time they played and Pikeville did not have Battle back yet? If I am correct, that could make for a huge swing in the scoreboard.

I think Pikeville caught Hazard a tad off guard with a QB change prior to this game. Hazard did not have Smith (RB)
They still don’t have Battiale, he won’t be playing this game either. They have improved but we will see how much in this game. The defense has to really step up in this game if Pikeville is to win. On the offensive side they are now using all their weapons which makes them harder to defend. Look for knock down drag out fight in this game but I can see it go either way. 2 really good teams going at it couldn’t ask for any thing more.
2000PHS Wrote:I think Pikeville caught Hazard a tad off guard with a QB change prior to this game. Hazard did not have Smith (RB)

Confusednicker: Think how much more off guard the QB will catch them now that he has experience.
Go Pikeville!
jetpilot Wrote:Confusednicker: Think how much more off guard the QB will catch them now that he has experience.

Hopefully just enough! If Paintsville is fortunate enough to win, a Paintsville vs Pikeville semi- final will be great! On here and on the field!
Patriot1 Wrote:They still don’t have Battiale, he won’t be playing this game either. They have improved but we will see how much in this game. The defense has to really step up in this game if Pikeville is to win. On the offensive side they are now using all their weapons which makes them harder to defend. Look for knock down drag out fight in this game but I can see it go either way. 2 really good teams going at it couldn’t ask for any thing more.

Don't need him at QB, wish he could play wideout and defense! I doubt we will see him on the field again, hope I am wrong.

I agree with you Pikeville must play great defense to win IMO.
Pikeville looking for their first win over a quality team! May be a good one! May not! Just have to play it to find out!

Go DAWGS!
2000PHS Wrote:Hopefully just enough! If Paintsville is fortunate enough to win, a Paintsville vs Pikeville semi- final will be great! On here and on the field!

It would be AWESOME!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Pikeville looking for their first win over a quality team! May be a good one! May not! Just have to play it to find out!

Go DAWGS!

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...ostcount=5

TongueirateSho
Pikeville is much improved but not enough to beat hazard and this game is in HAZARD. I'm thinking a lot of scoring in this one. :pondering:

Hazard 42
Pikeville 34
I have to disagree with 64SUR, I don’t think Hazard will score that many but if they do your prediction will be definite win for Hazard. I think Pikeville wins 28 to 24. Hope for injury free game for both teams
Sure am glad Blue-Bird is against us Jet. That even gives us better chance to win.
Patriot1 Wrote:Sure am glad Blue-Bird is against us Jet. That even gives us better chance to win.

That alone gets us halfway to a win!TongueirateSho
Well watching Pikeville play at Belfry, I sure hope they are much improved, because the team I watched has no shot beating the Bulldogs at Hazard.
Micro-Brew Wrote:Well watching Pikeville play at Belfry, I sure hope they are much improved, because the team I watched has no shot beating the Bulldogs at Hazard.

You're in luck.Confusednicker: Hopefully Belfry has improved, because the team I watched give up about 40 straight to Huntington would have no shot against Boyle Co.:flame:
Micr-brew must not have watched the scrimmage Hazard had with Belfry. If it would have been a real game probably same results.
Did u watch the scrimmage with Belfry and Hazard?
Hey JP, you talking about the same Boyle who put a whopping 7 pts on Danville? We will worry about them about Dec 1st
Micro-Brew Wrote:Hey JP, you talking about the same Boyle who put a whopping 7 pts on Danville? We will worry about them about Dec 1st

Hopefully you all have improved a bunch.
Let's keep Belfry talk off this thread and on the Belfry threads where it belongs.
Micro-Brew Wrote:Did u watch the scrimmage with Belfry and Hazard?

I am a old Belfry Pirate leave about 3 miles from the high school and also talk to Reese Fletchers dad after the game but I have a love one playing for Pikeville now. I always keep up with my Pirates. Haven’t got to see but one of their games this year when they played Huntington in pike county bowl. Reese’s dad filled me in on what happen . That’s how I know
I think home field decides this one. Hazard by a score.
I think McNamee coached teams have always improved as the season progresses. It's just impossible to know how much due to the competition the last 5 weeks or so. Regardless of the outcome, Pikeville's future is very promising.
Pikeville earn credit from me with that win over Williamsburg. Yes they've had the injury bug and so has most teams in the east in 1A. Pikeville injury never really effected the team as they were hurt before the season. Williamsburgs occurred during the season and that takes team chemistry away. Williamsburg is a young team as well so they will be back next year as well.

But let's get to the Hazard and Pikeville game. It's going to be a dandy I shall be in attendance again. Forecast shows rain so hopefully that changes by Friday..
Is Fletcher hurt or have they been resting him? Hardly no carries for awhile.
Fletcher is not hurt. I agree he needs more touches. But his importance comes on the defensive side. fletcher is the heart of hazards defense!!