Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Runninbacks In The Mountains
Dustin May From Belfry will be one of the top backs in the mountains for sure ive seen him run against many teams he is fast and getting faster and will soon be caliburs of doug howard.
Gordon Varney anyone?
Doderer was good for Paintsville last year...and I got to see Blume.  But the Harmon kid from Pikeville is in a class by himself.  What I saw of him last year, he looked to have as many of the required "tools" an RB needs as any senior.

Not as fast as Blume, but definitely stronger and even more elusive. 

With 3 years to improve on what he already is, I think you'll see another running back like Jones/Howard in Pike County soon.

However, I've seen a few like him that somehow "coast" after getting a lot of accolades.  If he does that, he could just end up another 'good' mountain running back.
Ryan Howard - Leslie County

Bobby Owens - Knott Central

Adam Dials - Sheldon Clark

Dustin May - Belfry
Jimmy Chaffin and Josh Reynolds
lincoln slone from pburg
[quote author=Football24_7 link=topic=19191.msg212324#msg212324 date=1142518855]
Doderer was good for Paintsville last year...and I got to see Blume.  But the Harmon kid from Pikeville is in a class by himself.  What I saw of him last year, he looked to have as many of the required "tools" an RB needs as any senior.

Not as fast as Blume, but definitely stronger and even more elusive. 

With 3 years to improve on what he already is, I think you'll see another running back like Jones/Howard in Pike County soon.

However, I've seen a few like him that somehow "coast" after getting a lot of accolades.  If he does that, he could just end up another 'good' mountain running back.
[/quote]Not this one, Hes a good kid
Bobby Owens is really good, but he is undersized and will get hit alot next year because the line at KCC is inexperienced and that is putting it nicely.
I believe you have to throw Lincoln Slone's name in here, didn't get as many carries as he should've last year, playing behind Peters, but he's still a good back, he's going to have to work on his toughness this off-season, but with Coach DeRossett guiding him that shouldn't be a problem.