Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Runninbacks In The Mountains
Who do u think r the best backs in the mountain?
I don't know about any running backs except the guy from Somerset.
May from Belfry willl be among the tops in the mountains next year. His running mate Chapman will also be a tough one. He was impressive playing second and third fiddle this year.

Howard from Leslie County deserves to be on the list as well. Even tho I don't think he is used to his full capability (or was not used last year I should say). He is a shifty back that can go the distance anytime he touches it.

Dials from Sheldon Clark also should be on the list. A big, strong, physical back with good speed. Will be a load next year, espically if the line comes together quicker than expected.
Yea May from belfry will be one of the top running backs.....
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:May from Belfry willl be among the tops in the mountains next year. His running mate Chapman will also be a tough one. He was impressive playing second and third fiddle this year.

Howard from Leslie County deserves to be on the list as well. Even tho I don't think he is used to his full capability (or was not used last year I should say). He is a shifty back that can go the distance anytime he touches it.

Dials from Sheldon Clark also should be on the list. A big, strong, physical back with good speed. Will be a load next year, espically if the line comes together quicker than expected.

:Thumbs:
Dials from Sheldon Clark should give teams trouble. Really depends on a new offensive line.
I think Dials will be one of the best running backs in the Mountains next year.
The may kid is just an all-around athlete..
Joe Roskopf hands down everyback from is a good back in mitchells offense.
yeah i think may will be one of the best around the mountains
Morgan's Derek Young is definitely one of the best backs in EKY. Tough as a pine knot and quick as a hiccup....great combination.
The boy from Ashland (forget his name). Thomas I think is his last name, Matt Thomas maybe, someone help me out here.

Shawn Grimm from JC. I believe he proved hiself this past season in that ground attack Jim Matney produced. You can't key on him cause if you do then the big fullback Blake Johnson will make you pay.
You're correct. For Ashland it is Matt Thomas. It amazes me how so many people think so highly of him. Most people familiar with Ashland will tell you that he isn't that good and DON'T want to see him even on the field on the offensive side of the ball over the past few seasons. He has always been a liability and hasn't ran the ball hard or effectively with the exception of maybe 2 games in his high school career. This is partially due to the lacking on the offensive line, but a great deal is also on his shoulders. This past season he was outrushed by the QB and FB.

I wish Matt the best of luck though. With the offensive changes this year he should be getting many more attempts to carry the ball as long as he capitalizes on them. Also, he should be running behind his best offensive line with multiple lead blockers.
Adam Dials
i think that may- belfry and harmon-pikeville are the two best backs in the mountains in 06. harmon is only goin to be a soph. and may a jr. expect big things from these two in the future.
Dont Take It Away! Wrote:Joe Roskopf hands down everyback from is a good back in mitchells offense.

Once again, an LC guy...HANDS DOWN is the best of EVERYbody.

Guess you should be the FAVORITE for the 1A championship this year, Coach Mitchell. We've already had it established that your O-LINE and D-LINE is the best in the state...now you have the BEST back in the mountains HANDS DOWN!

How can you LOSE with a combination like that!?

Might as well start getting those ring-sizes down on paper at LC!

(Notice, almost EVERY OTHER fan posting here about a back from THEIR team says "one of the best" -- but NOT the LC guys!).
dont forget bout the owens kid from kcc he was like 2nd in the state
Football24_7 Wrote:Once again, an LC guy...HANDS DOWN is the best of EVERYbody.

Guess you should be the FAVORITE for the 1A championship this year, Coach Mitchell. We've already had it established that your O-LINE and D-LINE is the best in the state...now you have the BEST back in the mountains HANDS DOWN!

How can you LOSE with a combination like that!?

Might as well start getting those ring-sizes down on paper at LC!

(Notice, almost EVERY OTHER fan posting here about a back from THEIR team says "one of the best" -- but NOT the LC guys!).

247 do you have a grudge against players from lynn camp i mean you have been attacking them now for about a month and i was just wonder have you ever seen them play or are you just a player from another team trying to sound like lc is wrong and your right
I look for a big year from harmon at Pikeville.
Harmon and Thomas.

Dials will be good, but SC graduated their whole line.

Setser from Prestonsburg will open some eyes if he gets to run the ball.
don't know but ethan johnson will improve for sf next year
45countertrap Wrote:247 do you have a grudge against players from lynn camp i mean you have been attacking them now for about a month and i was just wonder have you ever seen them play or are you just a player from another team trying to sound like lc is wrong and your right

I have NOTHING against any PLAYER (or coach) from LC...just their FANS that can't post ANYTHING about their own players without somehow touting them to be "the best" in the state, the region, or whatever.

I've played and coached outside this area, and TRUST me, while I think the guys at LC (and most other EKy schools) are "good" players -- and very deserving of accolades, to say they are "the best in the state" or "hands down the best in the region" smacks of someone that's NEVER seen football outside of their own little area.

It also puts a LOT of pressure on the coaching staff down there (a bunch of VERY good guys and good coaches) the years they don't go past the 2nd round or so...if they REALLY have "the best players" and don't do well, people might start putting 2 and 2 together and assuming the COACHES aren't getting the most out of their talent.

THAT COULDN'T BE FARTHER THAN THE TRUTH!
sheldon clarks offense will be alright next year they ae goin to have
damen hensley-QB-sophmore
adam dials-rb-sophmore
ryan kelly-rb-sophmore
sam smit-c-junior
justin chaffins-t-sophmore
david hinkle-g-sophmore
bj slone-te-junior
i really dont no anymore but they should do just as good next year if not better than this year
This will be a Danial Harmon website after this year.  The best pure running back I've seen, and I've seen alot of great RB's. 
[quote author=Elwayfan link=topic=19191.msg208061#msg208061 date=1142019102]
This will be a Danial Harmon website after this year.  The best pure running back I've seen, and I've seen alot of great RB's. 
[/quote]Harmon reminds me of a faster Brent Coleman, Some folks up here has told me he runs like Greg Hackney. These are 2 names we dont just throw around up here in Pikeville.
Shawn Grim will be one of the top from JC and Blake Johnson at fullback will be the BEST fullback in the mountains and probably in the state also.
Derek Young from Morgan co. is a very good football player. He's strong as an ox and quick as a hiccup.
2 words: Jimmy Chaffin
Kasey Clark from Russell. He has proven himself this year and we look for good things from him next year.
[quote author=team_scout_13 link=topic=19191.msg211117#msg211117 date=1142351878]
2 words: Jimmy Chaffin
[/quote]

If only Jimmy had one more season, but this is for next year.  Joe Roskopf should have a great year, I also like the Howard kid from Leslie, TR Christopher from Bell County will all be names will hear a lot in the fall.
Lincon Slone from Prestonsburg will be good ! He is working his azz off rights now trying to get more stronger! As for his speed Hazard people on here can tell you about him, He is the guy that when olinger hooked up with someone and he took it to the inside the 5 yd line and he stripped the ball when he was like 10 yds be hind him from the 50 !