Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 27 Perry Central 20
Gummie Bear Wrote:Think every team has a weakness but to say they were reason for the loss which is way I felt it sounded wasn't fair.
You hear all over EKY all preseason how good the air raid Franklin offense is supposed to be over at WC and then Perry played really well with pick 6 and giving up just three scores and usually on short field wasn't too shabby. All I was saying

I think Whitleys hype was almost as overblown as Harlan county's was
zaga_fan Wrote:So you think Perry's secondary isn't a weakness?

I need my new avatar please
How many people can count to 8-9? Just wondering, because so many want to question what coaches call (run or pass). When a defense wants to put 8 in box with 1 back and 9 in with 2 backs and they they are saying you are going to pass. Learn to count and that want be a problem for most. But, if you were not at the game you wouldn't know that would you? You don't know anything but score if you weren't there.

Everyone has an opinion, not everyone has an educated one.
TheRock Wrote:How many people can count to 8-9? Just wondering, because so many want to question what coaches call (run or pass). When a defense wants to put 8 in box with 1 back and 9 in with 2 backs and they they are saying you are going to pass. Learn to count and that want be a problem for most. But, if you were not at the game you wouldn't know that would you? You don't know anything but score if you weren't there.

Believe it or not, the fine radio crew for PCC told the defensive sets almost every play as well. I don't think they were lying. When they say "perry with 7 on the line" I kinda sorta believe them.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Believe it or not, the fine radio crew for PCC told the defensive sets almost every play as well. I don't think they were lying. When they say "perry with 7 on the line" I kinda sorta believe them.

7 on the line with 1 or two linebackers equals.......in the box how many???????
TheRock Wrote:7 on the line with 1 or two linebackers equals.......in the box how many???????

Depends on how far the linebackers are walked up or comes in a blitz. Which also usually gets said after the play.
For example "perry had 6 on the line and brought both linebackers". It's really not that hard to picture.
But by all means, educate us. Don't tell us what we already know. Give examples. Tell us the schemes. Tell us if the line twisted or the linebackers dropped into a coverage. I imagine with Whitleys passing "threat" perry didn't bring the secondary often. But there were obvious holes in that secondary that Whitley failed to take advantage of with dropped passes.
Come to the game, then take away an educated opinion as to what happened at the game.

I got an avatar for you!
TheRock Wrote:Come to the game, then take away an educated opinion as to what happened at the game.

I got an avatar for you!

It's zagas pick but I should have put a timeline on when he could deliver it Confusednicker:
I will say, I like your avatars.
TheRock Wrote:I will say, I like your avatars.

You need to add you one
Whitley wins this by 3 tds at a neutral site.
Paparazzi Wrote:Very good game except for the penalties. Pcc gave the game away pure and simple. They had the ball up 6 with about 8 minutes to go and got multiple penalties and then a botched punt. Whitley has 10 tons of talent but why they throw it every down is beyond me. Jacob Woolum was once again the best player on the field. The commodores will be playing Harlan co for the district title guys. Harlan will beat Whitley and Pcc will beat North Laurel. Pcc and Harlan will have one loss and play for the title. That's a fact!
I don't believe Perry will beat north . They are much improved but not there yet. I can't say about Harlan . Who knows maybe but highly unlikely.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It's zagas pick but I should have put a timeline on when he could deliver it Confusednicker:

I fixed it for you
zaga_fan Wrote:I fixed it for you

You could have done a lot worse Confusednicker:

This will convince everyone I'm the radio guy now. Thanks zaga :flush:
Paparazzi Wrote:Not wishful my friend just fact. Pcc will beat North. Dad will beat son! And they will play for the title. Remember I told you so. We gave Whitley an early Christmas present tonight but they can't win the district because Harlan will beat them. It's simple!

remember that I told you that you are wishful thinking. that will not happen.
E's Army Wrote:Coach Larkey has done a tremendous job with PCC this year. The old man can still coach.

Perry central is mediocre at best.
Gummie Bear Wrote:Not sure what game you all were watching but that high octane offense of Whitley that everybody spouts about only scored three touchdowns and one was on a very short field on Perrys defense.
Plus Perrys secondary scored a defensive touchdown, so kinda confused from your statements.

high octane offense with two of their best players not on the field? you are clueless.
pjdoug Wrote:high octane offense with two of their best players not on the field? you are clueless.

And you are full of excuses
I guess no one else has injuries
You have 20+ seniors and a bunch of juniors, no excuses
Gummie Bear Wrote:And you are full of excuses
I guess no one else has injuries
You have 20+ seniors and a bunch of juniors, no excuses

I don't make excuses. I stated facts. No excuse needed anyway. Whitley County won the game.
I agree with zaga. Perrys secondary is very weak. A good passing team will absolutely eat them up.
Pcc had their chances. But for the guy that said Whitley would had won by 3 TD's at a neutral field is clueless. I agree Whitley was the most physical team we have played till this point but was no better then Perry is. Pcc has 7 seniors and is playing with a lot of younger boys that is getting better ever game.
chalktalk Wrote:Pcc had their chances. But for the guy that said Whitley would had won by 3 TD's at a neutral field is clueless. I agree Whitley was the most physical team we have played till this point but was no better then Perry is. Pcc has 7 seniors and is playing with a lot of younger boys that is getting better ever game.
okay
Whitley got one gave to them this past Friday. I like for these two to play again. Bad snap cost Perry but at least there better than you give them credit for!!! Perry will beat North and Harlan will beat Whitley and Perry and harlan will play for the title Oct 20
hoghead Wrote:Whitley got one gave to them this past Friday. I like for these two to play again. Bad snap cost Perry but at least there better than you give them credit for!!! Perry will beat North and Harlan will beat Whitley and Perry and harlan will play for the title Oct 20
The bad snap in their opening drive kept them alive. If they would have punted Whitley would have got the momentum then the route would have been on.
hoghead Wrote:Whitley got one gave to them this past Friday. I like for these two to play again. Bad snap cost Perry but at least there better than you give them credit for!!! Perry will beat North and Harlan will beat Whitley and Perry and harlan will play for the title Oct 20

Whitley will embarrass them next time. Perry won't be North. 6-0 made you turn into a Belfry fan.
PETE THE GURU Wrote:The bad snap in their opening drive kept them alive. If they would have punted Whitley would have got the momentum then the route would have been on.

:truestory:
PETE THE GURU Wrote:The bad snap in their opening drive kept them alive. If they would have punted Whitley would have got the momentum then the route would have been on.

lol
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley will embarrass them next time. Perry won't be North. 6-0 made you turn into a Belfry fan.

beat*
Surprised by this, thought Perry would have rolled Whitley
TigerBlues Wrote:Surprised by this, thought Perry would have rolled Whitley

:thatsfunn