Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley @ Bell 9/16
The boys are focused and the outcome will not change from years past!
Whitey defense can't stop Bells O..
RicFlair Wrote:Just exactly what makes Whitley "greener pastures"?
Have they ever won anything?

Where would you like me to begin;

1. The school building itself and the academics this is a distinguished system and we continue to get better every year!!
2. the facilities
3. Better teachers pay
4. Better coaching stipends
5. The administration
6. The support (you don't see in fighting here)
7. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THE 7-19 RECORD OVER THE LAST THREE YEARS AT MHS!!!!!!

Daggum, are you blind??

Oh yeah you can jump on I-75 and be anywhere pretty quick, you on the other hand have to drive an hour just to start your trip somewhere!!

Honestly I think that fact that you can't keep folks in the system should have been your first clue!!!
Bobcat4years Wrote:The boys are focused and the outcome will not change from years past!
Whitey defense can't stop Bells O..

That "O" is not what is has been in the past and Whitley's defense is much improved.
Bell is on a slide. Whitley thinks they can win. I go with Whitley Co. in a tight game.
Whitley seems to have trouble stopping a key back and has for years. I thim k him fleet was that back that may have put Bell over the edge this year against whitley.
It will be close, especially at Bell, but no way Whitley should lose this game. If they do, then they weren't properly prepared.
Actually, there is no way Whitley should win this game. We have beaten them badly since the best team they had in 08' and won that one as well. It is here on Log Mountain and we have not fallen near as far as many want to believe. The two teams that have beaten us are much better than last year. Bell by 14.
Whitley defense gave up 42 to Corbin.. We will score 42 on them!
We have played them both and Whitley is better. But, it is on Log Mountain. Make no mistake bobcat4 you are not Corbin and it is laughable that you compare yourself to them. But this is the response you are looking for, isn't it?
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Where would you like me to begin;

1. The school building itself and the academics this is a distinguished system and we continue to get better every year!!
2. the facilities
3. Better teachers pay
5. The administration
7. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THE 7-19 RECORD OVER THE LAST THREE YEARS AT MHS!!!!!!

Daggum, are you blind??

Oh yeah you can jump on I-75 and be anywhere pretty quick, you on the other hand have to drive an hour just to start your trip somewhere!!

Honestly I think that fact that you can't keep folks in the system should have been your first clue!!!

Who has the axe to grind? I could use simple fact checking to show you your wrong on a few things on your list but I don't want to poke a hornets nest. I know there are a lot of devout WCHS posters on here so I'm not going to try to tear down your school. I respect your academics as well as your boosters' devotion to the kids, enabling great facilities and opportunities. In an attempt to defend MHS, I would argue that they were a top 5 high school in the region (83rd percentile in state compared to WCHS being 86th) with a greater proportion of low income students. The average ACT score for this year was above 20 for the first time in school history (WCHS was 19.2 for most recently published year) showing dramatic improvement. The coaches are paid very well, one might argue too well in fact. And finally, the school has a very long and proud tradition, having not only a state championship under its belt but also ranking very high in all time wins.

I don't say these things to argue. I really don't. I say them to argue that it's not as bleak in Middlesboro is you may think it is.

Back on the topic of this game, I simply think WCHS is too explosive for Bell County. I know so many BC posters keep dredging up past history but there is absolutely nothing about this Bell County team that resembles former teams other than their inability to throw. I'm pulling for a win from the Colonels and I know Chappell and Frazier will enjoy it.
Everyone talks about playing on Log Mountain, only have seen a few games there. Do they have their own local officials that come in for games? Seems always some mysterious flags at just at the right time for Bell. Hard to win there.
Bell is not up to Bell standards this year
Bells came back to pack, but Whitley has not improved enough to overtake them. Bell by 7

2. the facilities
3. Better teachers pay
5. The administration

Daggum, are you blind??

I was talking solely football, and in that aspect middlesboro is clearly a more desireable job. Whitley has no tradition, and with such amazing facilities you would think they could win a little more. Their football program is a a joke

2. the facilities
3. Better teachers pay
5. The administration

Daggum, are you blind??

Won 7 playoff games since 98. Impressive
RicFlair Wrote:I was talking solely football, and in that aspect middlesboro is clearly a more desireable job. Whitley has no tradition, and with such amazing facilities you would think they could win a little more. Their football program is a a joke

What has yours become? You guys need to move on, it is 2016 , not 1998. Middlesboro at this time is the worst job in state. Expectations verses reality.
This is nowhere near the Bell teams of the last 30 years that has been clear on either side of the ball. Reality is going to hit hard the next few weeks, real hard! The lack of Coaching is apparent. They are lucky they still have a few good players that know how to play.
Madness Wrote:What has yours become? You guys need to move on, it is 2016 , not 1998. Middlesboro at this time is the worst job in state. Expectations verses reality.

MOVE. ON. Jesus Christ. Either you're speaking in hyperbole and are not very good at it, or you're really dumb enough to think that. Either way...just move on with you life. Leave Middlesboro behind you already.
From the outside Mboro is nowhere as good as a job as Whitley.

Money

Faculties

Numbers

District

Leadership

That is just the things that are obvious.

WC wins over Bell by 3 TD's. Even Middlesboro moved the ball on the Bobcats.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:MOVE. ON. Jesus Christ. Either you're speaking in hyperbole and are not very good at it, or you're really dumb enough to think that. Either way...just move on with you life. Leave Middlesboro behind you already.

I live here, graduated from Bell and kids in Middlesboro system and a wife that loves MHS, I know all I here is 1998 team. I will be here from now on, get use to it. You and others here have run this program in the ground since you got rid of Kenny Roark.

Think real hard and you may really know who I am, I don't care if you do. I promise one thing, my youngest will not play there if changes are not made.

Better go back to your thread and worry about Paris, you lose this one you may not win another all year.
Good luck to both teams...I hope Whitley wins by 50.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:In an attempt to defend MHS, I would argue that they were a top 5 high school in the region (83rd percentile in state compared to WCHS being 86th) with a greater proportion of low income students. .

This was just too good to pass up.. You do realize that 86th percentile (WC) is better than 83rd(MB)? haha, i got no dog in the fight, but i thought it was funny you were arguing about academics used a flawed argument....... and i seriously doubt that Middlesboro has a higher proportion of low income students..... i'd bet it's not even close
RicFlair Wrote:I was talking solely football, and in that aspect middlesboro is clearly a more desireable job. Whitley has no tradition, and with such amazing facilities you would think they could win a little more. Their football program is a a joke

Again no dog in this fight, but this is too easy.... Middlesboro a more desired job than Whitley? Tradition doesn't figure in, that's the past. Whitley has bigger, better facilities, they don't change coaches like underwear, their participation numbers are higher, i would think the coaches get paid more and they have more coaches. I could go on....
ProudPanther Wrote:This was just too good to pass up.. You do realize that 86th percentile (WC) is better than 83rd(MB)? haha, i got no dog in the fight, but i thought it was funny you were arguing about academics used a flawed argument....... and i seriously doubt that Middlesboro has a higher proportion of low income students..... i'd bet it's not even close

I wasn't trying to argue that they were better. As I said, WCHS has great academics. I was arguing that MHS isn't far behind at all. I will even submit that the low income students are probably similar. I don't know WCHS numbers but I do know that Middlesboro has 74% of students that eligible receive free or reduced lunch, which is the number we would use to compare. I also know that that number is high enough for the federal government to subsidize free lunch for every student in the system.
ProudPanther Wrote:Again no dog in this fight, but this is too easy.... Middlesboro a more desired job than Whitley? Tradition doesn't figure in, that's the past. Whitley has bigger, better facilities, they don't change coaches like underwear, their participation numbers are higher, i would think the coaches get paid more and they have more coaches. I could go on....

Tradition isn't a factor...in your mind.

Also, Middlesboro has had 3 coaches in the last 26 years. I wouldn't call that a high turnover at all. I also think the coaches are paid more at Middlesboro. 10k if I'm not mistaken for the head coach. The pay scale for Whitley is posted on their site and they make a few thousand less than that. WCHS probably does pay assistants better though.

Love it that this thread has been successfully trolled by a Bell County fan posing as a Middlesboro poster.
You have more stats then me, i'm just going on observations from an outsider. I'm just glad it's not Knox getting hit in the mouth for once....

And i wasn't really referring to just football, it seems in the past 3 years every single coach of every sport at middlesboro has changed.....
I really didn't set out to hijack thread. Just got a little defensive. In terms of comparing both opponents to Middlesboro, Whitley seems to be significantly better. I'm still not sure why we are using Bell's last 20 years to predict score on this game. New staff. New kids. Lower morale. WCHS on the other hand is definitely on the upswing.
Will the kid that lost consciousness last week for Bell after a hit, play this week? Heard it on the Wayne County station but haven't heard anything from bell folks on his injury.

WC 42
BC 20
hard to win on log mountain but im going with whitley and hope its a injury free game good luck to both teams you can talk about the past all you want but bell is going to have to rebuild its program talking football but all teams hit these down years so good luck the rest of the year to both programs
WhyLie Wrote:Actually, there is no way Whitley should win this game. We have beaten them badly since the best team they had in 08' and won that one as well. It is here on Log Mountain and we have not fallen near as far as many want to believe. The two teams that have beaten us are much better than last year. Bell by 14.

You should teach Whitley how to beat them instead of obsessing over Middlesboro :trolldad2:
NextGeneration Wrote:We have played them both and Whitley is better. But, it is on Log Mountain. Make no mistake bobcat4 you are not Corbin and it is laughable that you compare yourself to them. But this is the response you are looking for, isn't it?

You got that right.