Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Class 1A Rankings 9/12
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I didn't say 1 A is weak except for the top six or seven. I said 1-a is weak.There is what??? 34 or 35 teams and 32 make the playoffs?Half have just enough players to field a team.You go from a few good programs to schools who struggle to field a team.YES as a whole class A is weak

overall all classes and all of Kentucky football is weak from High School to College.
bac2369 Wrote:If Raceland keeps winning and so does Paintsville and both are undefeated and Raceland beats them then I have no problem putting them in the # 1 spot.

Will Williamsburg jump to number one after they throttle Paintsville this coming Friday? Confusednicker:
Hey PHS....you seen Paintsville last year and this year.Which team is better and why?
And that's the point I've been trying to make PJ.....just cause you beat the number one team you don't automatically get that spot
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Hey PHS....you seen Paintsville last year and this year.Which team is better and why?
Last years Paintsville team was better. This years team is talented, no doubt. All things considered, there is not a TON of difference, I would say biggest difference is likely from 1s to 2s. That's not a knock on this years team for them, just feel like there was a little less drop off from 1 to 2 on last years team. That comes with experience though. Just like Pikeville (and any other team), playing time and reps makes people better. That's why I don't knock people who play games in which they can get more reps for their backups and JV. Unless of course the whole schedule is that type of team. It's a hard balancing act. You want to stay healthy and develop depth at the same time as getting your team better and ready for the playoffs. I definitely respect what Chirico has done and is doing in terms of bringing them along and know IF they face each other again in the playoffs, it will be an all out battle.
PHSForever Wrote:I said they have no wins that show them clearly ahead of Pikeville. Ashland is way down, Greenup is solid but not really a noteworthy win, East and West Carter... I mean... Really. Prestonsburg and Letcher would thump either of those teams too (referring to East and West Carter). So where is the signature win that magically shows Raceland is so much better than Pikeville that they should be ranked ahead of them?

This was for AFN, by the way. Forgot to tag his comment in here.

You are correct Ashland is down but it is extremely difficult to go to putman and win just ask Russell, JC has had problems over the years, they will end up 6-4 7-3 . West Carter is a very good team and if they beat a undefeated Nichols co team Friday ( which the should ) it will show that , they will end up 8-2 or 7-3 in 3A and win their district . Greenup is a good team they beat Fleming co the week prior to Raceland beating them again at Grennup they will end up 8-2 or 7-3 in 4A that's not bad .. I'll give you east Carter they are terrible Racelands starters played 1 series in the third quarter and that's it .
A bad Raceland team beat Paintsville last year and the refs took the winning td off the board.We are 3 times the team we was last year.Im not worried about Paintsville at all.What worries me is the same that gets us every year....COACHING
Ref's winning the game for Paintsville.Confusednicker: I hate sore losers.
pjdoug. Do you want to put your money where your mouth is?:trolldad2:
Nothing sore about it.Its just facts!!
pjdoug Wrote:Will Williamsburg jump to number one after they throttle Paintsville this coming Friday? Confusednicker:

Is Williamsburg undefeated? No they are not. If Raceland beat Paintsville and both are undefeated then Raceland deserves to possibly jump to number 1...
anotherfootballnut Wrote:You are correct Ashland is down but it is extremely difficult to go to putman and win just ask Russell, JC has had problems over the years, they will end up 6-4 7-3 . West Carter is a very good team and if they beat a undefeated Nichols co team Friday ( which the should ) it will show that , they will end up 8-2 or 7-3 in 3A and win their district . Greenup is a good team they beat Fleming co the week prior to Raceland beating them again at Grennup they will end up 8-2 or 7-3 in 4A that's not bad .. I'll give you east Carter they are terrible Racelands starters played 1 series in the third quarter and that's it .

If Nicholas beats West does that make you have to respect them more or what?
bac2369 Wrote:If Nicholas beats West does that make you have to respect them more or what?

Yes .. West is a good team
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:I'm still not sold on them being better than the 2013 team. I think the competition was better in 2013. Most everyone we've played, outside of Greenup, is down this year and the only game that was put away before the 4th quarter was East Carter. And Greenup isn't what they are advertised to be. I don't feel that thrashing the Raiders in the first half deems being labeled as having the killer instinct. Time will tell on how good this team really is, but their potential is unlimited. Lots of room for improvement as of now.

I am. More diverse offensively. Less predictable. Nathaniel has only had one game this year that he has actually had consistent rushes and that was against Greenup. He has really turned into a good pocket passer. Thrashing east means nothing. That was evident after they went up 7-0 and on our first play from scrimmage, Bailey Walker steam rolls a 115lb soph db on his way to pay dirt 70 yards later. But, so far this year, this team has answered the call each and every week and put teams away. Greenup is a prime example. When they broke a long pass play and scored, we responded with 4 TDs in 7 minutes. Same kind of deal at West Carter and Ashland. Late in the game, we found away to get the ball in the endzone. Offensively, we are much better. Upfront defensively, much better. The secondary isnt as good as Messer (dude was like having a 5th and 6th DB at all times), Dixon, Young, and Christian, but have done a pretty good job. And we are deeper.
BigMelon63 Wrote:pjdoug. Do you want to put your money where your mouth is?:trolldad2:

I hope you don't have to drive back home from Williamsburg with a tear in your beer Confusednicker:
bac2369 Wrote:Is Williamsburg undefeated? No they are not. If Raceland beat Paintsville and both are undefeated then Raceland deserves to possibly jump to number 1...

Raceland isn't beating Paintsville this Friday .Williamsburg is Confusednicker:
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:I'm still not sold on them being better than the 2013 team. I think the competition was better in 2013. Most everyone we've played, outside of Greenup, is down this year and the only game that was put away before the 4th quarter was East Carter. And Greenup isn't what they are advertised to be. I don't feel that thrashing the Raiders in the first half deems being labeled as having the killer instinct. Time will tell on how good this team really is, but their potential is unlimited. Lots of room for improvement as of now.
Ill be sold when they beat Paintsville and get past region in the playoffs. Labeling a team who hasn't even won district yet better than a team that went to the state semis for the first time in history is rather premature. Also if you say the 2013 team didn't have the killer instinct what about being the only (true) loss on an undefeated Fairview squad who was state runner up the year before. Also beating a 2013 Pikeville team who played belfrey decently close and that was their only loss. 2016 Rams have to prove they are the real deal come district and playoffs. Im not sold until that happens.
1.)Paintsville
2.)Russellville
3.)Beechwood
4.)Hazard
5.)Raceland
6.) Pikeville
7.)Kentucky Country Day
8.) Williamsburg
9.)Nicholas County
10.) Holy Cross
So u only judge the quality of a team by their W and L????You can't look at two different teams and tell if one has better talent then the other?This Years Raceland team is far better then the 13 team.Its the best sense 08!Weve got one of our best QBs going back to Boils(spelling)best depth sense......ever!The best D line to ever play at Raceland and some very nice targets for the QB to throw the ball to!Only place we are lacking is running back.Does all this mean that this team will accomplish more????? NOOOOOOOOO!
Coaching boys!!!!! That's where we always are lacking!!! But we will see.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:A bad Raceland team beat Paintsville last year and the refs took the winning td off the board.We are 3 times the team we was last year.Im not worried about Paintsville at all.What worries me is the same that gets us every year....COACHING

Negetive. The Raceland team that showed up in the playoffs is the Raceland team that everyone expected to see all year last year, they just didn't get their stuff together until the end of the season and in the playoffs. I for one did not want to play Raceland again in the playoffs last year, and everyone who was there can see why.
Redneck Wrote:Negetive. The Raceland team that showed up in the playoffs is the Raceland team that everyone expected to see all year last year, they just didn't get their stuff together until the end of the season and in the playoffs. I for one did not want to play Raceland again in the playoffs last year, and everyone who was there can see why.

Last years team could've been really good just to many internal issues , and by the time some of the kids realized it was their last shot is was to late . They are the same ones hanging around the games bad mouthing this years team only difference is they are doing it from outside looking in not inside the team.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:So u only judge the quality of a team by their W and L????You can't look at two different teams and tell if one has better talent then the other?This Years Raceland team is far better then the 13 team.Its the best sense 08!Weve got one of our best QBs going back to Boils(spelling)best depth sense......ever!The best D line to ever play at Raceland and some very nice targets for the QB to throw the ball to!Only place we are lacking is running back.Does all this mean that this team will accomplish more????? NOOOOOOOOO!
Coaching boys!!!!! That's where we always are lacking!!! But we will see.

I hope your talking about running back dept bc Bailey is a dang good back and so is jud after that we are slim
anotherfootballnut Wrote:If Pikevile played Racelands scheduel they would have 1 maybe 2 loses so far so to say they have zero wins you show how little you know about football .. Next wasn't trying to make a point about Belfry beating pikeville I would give a zero chance to any 1A team beating them I was just curious to see if you thought pikeville would drop if or actually when Belfry puts a running clock on them . Personally I wouldn't drop a 1A team any if Belfry put a running clock on them . Pikeville would stay number 5

Just curious, which team or teams on Racelands schedule that your confident would have beaten Pikeville had they played them? (Hypothetically of course)
Geenup at Geenup I think would beat them and maybe Ashland at Ashland its very hard to beat them at putman
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Geenup at Geenup I think would beat them and maybe Ashland at Ashland its very hard to beat them at putman

Greenup has no offense so I would compare them to Letcher and Letcher was solid defensively even though they give up 30 to Pikeville but hell they were on the field all night... Ashland probably couldn't defend Pikevilles passing game. I'm curious to how good Ashland is because 13 points in the most they have scored all season. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying there not a bad team but I would just like to see what makes them a good team.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Geenup at Geenup I think would beat them and maybe Ashland at Ashland its very hard to beat them at putman

:hilarious:
[SIZE=6][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=4][SIZE=1]neutral field
[2016] Pikeville (KY) 42, [2016] Greenup County (Greenup, KY) 17
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=6][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=4][SIZE=1]neutral field
[2016] Pikeville (KY) 38, [2016] Ashland Blazer [Paul G.] (Ashland, KY) 17
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]