Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Top 10 1A
jetpilot Wrote:Brossart is another team that will have a good record due to a ridiculously easy schedule and lose to the first team they face in the playoffs that can play a lick.

Brossart lost a whole lot of Offensive production though... I think over 90% of their yardage were by Seniors last year. They also lost their top 5 defensive players.
1. Pikeville
2. Beechwood
3. Russellville
4. Paintsville
5. Raceland
6. Hazard
7. Holy Cross
8. Paris
9. Williamsburg
10. Fairview
jetpilot Wrote:1. Pikeville
2. Beechwood
3. Russellville
4. Paintsville
5. Raceland
6. Hazard
7. Holy Cross
8. Paris
9. Williamsburg
10. Fairview

Imo, not much of a gap between Beechwood and Russellville, but a good list.
2. Beechwood
3. Russellville
4. Paintsville
5. Raceland
6. Hazard
7. Holy Cross
8. Paris
9. Williamsburg
10. Fairview

1-3 are accurate but I'd have Beechies at 3. 4-6 are right and could be interchangeable any way... But 7-10 are off.... holy cross lost the farm, the same for Paris, Williamsburg has a chance to be in the top 10 but there are several other teams who go ahead of them... Fairview lost quite a bit but they have a shot at it as well.... I just think KCD, Nicholas, Bethlehem, and Harlan all will have better teams,,, but Fairview and Williamsburg are close to Harlan but I give Harlan the nod because they won the district last season...
bac2369 Wrote:1-3 are accurate but I'd have Beechies at 3. 4-6 are right and could be interchangeable any way... But 7-10 are off.... holy cross lost the farm, the same for Paris, Williamsburg has a chance to be in the top 10 but there are several other teams who go ahead of them... Fairview lost quite a bit but they have a shot at it as well.... I just think KCD, Nicholas, Bethlehem, and Harlan all will have better teams,,, but Fairview and Williamsburg are close to Harlan but I give Harlan the nod because they won the district last season...

Make a list of the teams KCD, Nicholas, Bethlehem and Harlan beat and get back to me. I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt, they will have to show me. You base all your predictions on how many starters someone has coming back. It's a little more complicated than that.Confusederiously:
jetpilot Wrote:Make a list of the teams KCD, Nicholas, Bethlehem and Harlan beat and get back to me. I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt, they will have to show me. You base all your predictions on how many starters someone has coming back. It's a little more complicated than that.Confusederiously:

Bethlehem won there district over Campbellsville,
KCD beat both those teams
Nicholas almost beat Fairview last year and they were a solid team
Harlan I will give a benefit of the doubt because they have a poor schedule but they still won the district and beat Williamsburg....

Take a look at what those teams lost you listed and see if you think they will be okay,,,

Frankfort could be pretty good as well with there few transfers they've recieved..
So your not basing Pikevilles results on what they return or are u basing it on you being a Pikeville homer....
2. Beechwood
3. Russellville
4. Paintsville
5. Raceland
6. Hazard
7. Holy Cross
8. Paris
9. Williamsburg
10. Fairview

Tell me why those last 4 deserve to be in?
bac2369 Wrote:Bethlehem won there district over Campbellsville,
KCD beat both those teams
Nicholas almost beat Fairview last year and they were a solid team
Harlan I will give a benefit of the doubt because they have a poor schedule but they still won the district and beat Williamsburg....

Take a look at what those teams lost you listed and see if you think they will be okay,,,

Frankfort could be pretty good as well with there few transfers they've recieved..

People graduate every year and people step up when they get their chance. Pikeville lost a 3 year starter at QB before last year and look what Battaile did. Pugh had to wait his turn behind Chase Hall. There are players who will make tons of noise for Pikeville this year that you've never heard of...

Paris lost one game last year, to Paintsville. The people they have coming back got valuable experience. Holy Cross plays some very good teams. Fairview proves year after year they can play at a high level. Williamsburg was rebuilding but they have talent and will be back very soon...

You still haven't made a decent argument for those teams who play a horrible schedule to get some wins. Someone may come out of your pack, but they are going to have to beat somebody before I rank them. And beating people in their weak districts or each other doesn't count.
jetpilot Wrote:People graduate every year and people step up when they get their chance. Pikeville lost a 3 year starter at QB before last year and look what Battaile did. Pugh had to wait his turn behind Chase Hall. There are players who will make tons of noise for Pikeville this year that you've never heard of...

Paris lost one game last year, to Paintsville. The people they have coming back got valuable experience. Holy Cross plays some very good teams. Fairview proves year after year they can play at a high level. Williamsburg was rebuilding but they have talent and will be back very soon...

You still haven't made a decent argument for those teams who play a horrible schedule to get some wins. Someone may come out of your pack, but they are going to have to beat somebody before I rank them. And beating people in their weak districts or each other doesn't count.

Pikeville is not in questioning.... We know the top 6 you listed will be good, it's the rest we questioning,,, Paris did lose 1 game and we know they played a weak schedule, holy cross did play a tough schedule last year but graduation does hurt when losing a talented group of kids, sometimes kids coming up aren't as good as others,,,

The only team who beat anybody was Fairview when they beat Raceland and Hazard last year...
It's fine that we disagree. I'm sure we will both be adjusting our rankings as the year progresses.:Thumbs:
jetpilot Wrote:It's fine that we disagree. I'm sure we will both be adjusting our rankings as the year progresses.:Thumbs:

I agree...but we do know who the top 6 are....
bac2369 Wrote:I agree...but we do know who the top 6 are....

And the top 3...
bac2369 Wrote:So your not basing Pikevilles results on what they return or are u basing it on you being a Pikeville homer....

No.
jetpilot Wrote:And the top 3...

Top 3 is a given... For Now.....
jetpilot Wrote:No.

Give me your insight then?
Nothing is a given.
West- Beechwood and Russellville
East- Pikeville, Hazard,and Raceland
I agree with Iron Horse. Its a 5 team Race. The west is incredibly top heavy with Beechwood and Russellville having the only real shot at going to BG. Pikeville is the front runner of it all, so obviously the number 1 on the eastern side. Paintsville has a difference maker in Phelps and should they develop a second running back/QB and WR they will be tough to beat. Raceland showed last year that it doesnt matter how they do in the regular season, when an already soldi team starts clicking, they can make a run. Hazard was a much better team last year if healthy. Some other team or maybe two will be competitive in the regular season but when it comes down to it, 2 of these 5 will be in bowling green. And 4 of these 5 will be in the semis.
Better not sleep on Paintsville...they will be very tough...
Paintsville might be in the mix but I believe they lost their leading tackler by almost more than 60 tackles. Kash was also their offense. Not taking anything away from Phelps but most team prepared for Kash.
I just don't see them traveling to Raceland and winning.
IMO
Iron Horse Wrote:Paintsville might be in the mix but I believe they lost their leading tackler by almost more than 60 tackles. Kash was also their offense. Not taking anything away from Phelps but most team prepared for Kash.
I just don't see them traveling to Raceland and winning.

IMO

Raceland lost 2 very good RBs in Christian and Snyder, as well as some good defensive players. Paintsville is plenty capable of beating Raceland.
I guess that's the reason they play the game jet. To prove you and I wrong 😳
Paintsville returning two very good backs in Kent Phelps and Darren Morris, plus developing good line play, and if they can get their hands on a good QB, add in a good coaching staff that's already in place, and they just might be very tough to beat as the season progresses.
Iron Horse Wrote:I guess that's the reason they play the game jet. To prove you and I wrong 😳

I hear ya. All I'm saying is they are capable. Tough task to be sure. They will probably play twice like last year.
I believe so too.
You have to throw Paintsville in the mix with Pikeville,Hazard and Raceland.... But neither Paintsville nor Raceland should sleep on Nicholas because of almost beating Fairview who did beat Raceland. So I think those teams are close but I still have Nicholas behind both Paintsville and Raceland, but they will and are capable of beating both in 2016.
I have a friend that teaches in (Nicholas) county. Sorry bac I just don't see it.
Iron Horse Wrote:I have a friend that teaches in (Nicholas) county. Sorry bac I just don't see it.

Should be the best team they have had ins long time. I expect them to be pretty good and be over looked come playoff time. I expect them to win there district and be the 1 seed.
It is going to take a few games for me to really be sold on Raceland. We are bringing back a lot of good players but after seeing them underperform last year it will take a few games for my skepticism to pass. Last year a lot of fans (myself included) had an over inflated sense of confidence and the players bought into it and they had a mediocre season. I hope this team learned a lesson from last year about buying into hype. I think they should have a good season but it is going to take more than some preseason talk to convince me of how they will perform on the field.