Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 7 on 7 tonight
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Havent seen it myself, but from speaking with a few players (some of the starting recievers), coaches, and parents, they seem to see a big difference in Nathaniel. Those I have talked to say his footwork is better and his release is alot quicker. 90% of Nathaniel's pass plays last year (atleast from where I was sitting), looked to be zero reads. I look for things to develope alot more this year.

That's great.. I like to hear how each have improved from a year under there belt.
Make no mostake, Nathaniel did just fine at the QB spot last year. Without question, they won as a team and got beat as a team. It will be the same this year. With that said, I dont think we have many discussions questioning this years leadership or effort. The junior class (srs this year), were a big part of the turnaround at the end of the season. That is what really makes me have a little higher hopes, than what I expected to have towards the end of the last part of the last regular.
How many of these teams are passing teams? I find it hard to figure out how much these 7 on 7 tournaments actually tell us going in to the season... If a team relies mostly on the run, do they just show up to practice defense?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Make no mostake, Nathaniel did just fine at the QB spot last year. Without question, they won as a team and got beat as a team. It will be the same this year. With that said, I dont think we have many discussions questioning this years leadership or effort. The junior class (srs this year), were a big part of the turnaround at the end of the season. That is what really makes me have a little higher hopes, than what I expected to have towards the end of the last part of the last regular.

I think they played like the team I expected after the Paintsville loss... But I contribute a lot to see a team adapt after. Special player like Messer Graduates...
Wildcat1 Wrote:My bad - then who was the red and black team they played against and beat their final game of the night? Looked like the same team they beat in OT earlier that evening, but I could be wrong. Whoever they were, they were fairly athletic and similar to the Dunbar team...

Not sure , their final game was a loss to Ironton . Dunbar was def most athlectic team there , crazy how they were 3-8 last year big difference in 1A and 6A
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Make no mostake, Nathaniel did just fine at the QB spot last year. Without question, they won as a team and got beat as a team. It will be the same this year. With that said, I dont think we have many discussions questioning this years leadership or effort. The junior class (srs this year), were a big part of the turnaround at the end of the season. That is what really makes me have a little higher hopes, than what I expected to have towards the end of the last part of the last regular.

Combination of a couple of Things , first is coach Hoof working with Nathaniel has been great he is very detailed exactly what Nathaniel or any young QB needs next is a full year under his belt . He told me the game has slowed down for him and he's seeing things so much better but proof is in the pudding or in this case on Friday nights
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Combination of a couple of Things , first is coach Hoof working with Nathaniel has been great he is very detailed exactly what Nathaniel or any young QB needs next is a full year under his belt . He told me the game has slowed down for him and he's seeing things so much better but proof is in the pudding or in this case on Friday nights

I hope the young man has,, but like you said Friday nights with the pads on is when you can tell...
AFN. R u using the mobil version or standard? Last year it wouldnt let me delete via phone from the mobil version of the site. Had to do it using the standard version first, the second time, i had to do it via laptop/desk top.
Yes I use the Mobil version
Belfry goes to Hazard tomorrow for 7 on 7
Does Belfry know that you throw the ball in a 7 on 7 tournament????