Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland 7 on 7 tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know who's playing, besides Raceland and Boyd County?
Anyone get a chance to get over to the field?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Anyone get a chance to get over to the field?

are these games being played at Raceland?
Yup
No bad at all , few things to work on but overall pretty good
any details on how teams looked. How did Raceland look.
How did our DBs look? How did the tourny play out? Also curious as to how the GC squads looked.
Figured there would be more information out there by now...
Greenup went 4-1. Lost to prestonsburg in the tourney. Only allowed 1 td all day.
I heard GC wasnt there today.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:No bad at all , few things to work on but overall pretty good

Given us a break down.. On all the teams if u can..
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I heard GC wasnt there today.
Had youth camp on saturday.
Raceland was 10-1 Dumbar was the only loss , Raceland also beat Dumbar . Raceland beat prestonsburg 18-2 who beat greenup . Beat Ironton , Dunbar , Boyd co , greenup second group , Besty lane , also played their own Jv and yesterday's championship game was Raceland vs Raceland good showninh by all Racelands team .. Also Racelands freshman beat prestonsburg team who beat greenup
Boys, somebody has to lose, one post says Raceland went 10-1, another says Greenup went 4-1 but got beat by other teams, but freshman beat so and so. Every team there can't win every game
I believe most all teams have two teams in it.It really doesn't matter about wins and losses it's about live reps.Everybody won
^^^^^ that's the most positive post you will ever get from me so you guys best frame the bitch.Now I got to go wash this icky feeling off of me
Raceland looked good, will be hard to beat again this year. Rams always have some good athletes and hard nosed kids. Raceland will rely on their OL & DL to win games.

Greenup County had some nice looking kids. Defense was tough to score on. QB for Greenup was surprising. Don't know kids name but looked like he was one of best QBs there.

Dunbar had ton of athletes, Ironton and Wheelersburg looked tough as usual.
Keeping in mind you can never predict a season base on 7 on 7's, Boyd looked decent as well. While Dunbar did have a ton of athletes and quickness, Boyd beat them twice - only loss was a 1-score loss to Raceland. And for what it's worth, Boyd only played 6 guys on defense every game - not 7. Coach wanted to challenge the DB's I suppose....and the boys seemed to respond fairly well. Raceland also looked very good. Curious to see how and if this translates to any success for either team come regular season.
Colonel 17 Wrote:Boys, somebody has to lose, one post says Raceland went 10-1, another says Greenup went 4-1 but got beat by other teams, but freshman beat so and so. Every team there can't win every game

Well buddy if you were there you would know there were around 20 teams and Greenup and Raceland varsity didn't play each other . Raceland was 10-1 both days combined , Greenup did not come back the second day . Hope that makes it easier for you
And the second day , Raceland freshman beat prestonsburg varsity to advance to the championship game against Raceland varsity .. On Friday prestonsburg beat Greenup varsity
Wildcat1 Wrote:Keeping in mind you can never predict a season base on 7 on 7's, Boyd looked decent as well. While Dunbar did have a ton of athletes and quickness, Boyd beat them twice - only loss was a 1-score loss to Raceland. And for what it's worth, Boyd only played 6 guys on defense every game - not 7. Coach wanted to challenge the DB's I suppose....and the boys seemed to respond fairly well. Raceland also looked very good. Curious to see how and if this translates to any success for either team come regular season.

Boyd beat Dumbar once in OT , didn't play them twice , Ironton beat Boyd co to advance and play Dunbar who beat Ironton then wheelersburg to win it all on Friday night
Raceland , Dumbar , Boyd co and Betsy lane and Raceland Jv was the toughest pool ..
Raceland 4-0
Boyd was 2-1
Dumbar. 2-2
Raceland Jv. 1-3
Betsy lane. 0-4 ..

Dumbar beat .. Raceland , Ironton then wheelersbug in back to back to back games to win it all
So who won? Raceland or Dumbar
Dumbar won the tournament . The records I put on there were the pool play records
Raceland won sat tournament but a lot of teams didn't come back on sat
Can you see improvement in Davidson?
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Boyd beat Dumbar once in OT , didn't play them twice , Ironton beat Boyd co to advance and play Dunbar who beat Ironton then wheelersburg to win it all on Friday night

My bad - then who was the red and black team they played against and beat their final game of the night? Looked like the same team they beat in OT earlier that evening, but I could be wrong. Whoever they were, they were fairly athletic and similar to the Dunbar team...
and for the love of football, it's DUNBAR....not DUMBAR!
Hahahaha
Havent seen it myself, but from speaking with a few players (some of the starting recievers), coaches, and parents, they seem to see a big difference in Nathaniel. Those I have talked to say his footwork is better and his release is alot quicker. 90% of Nathaniel's pass plays last year (atleast from where I was sitting), looked to be zero reads. I look for things to develope alot more this year.
Pages: 1 2