•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County Football 2016
You can only play so many kids. Schools with large enrollment do lose a lot of kids because they can look at the roster and see they are not going to play until they are juniors. Lot of work to have a clean uniform on Friday. Add the travel time at large rural schools and you can understand why some kids will not commit to being a practice dummie for 2 or 3 years. Most kids who are the better athletes play. Those who are border line pick other sports. Williamsburg and Pineville not having the option of soccer makes it much easier to convince their kids to play football. How many kids live in the Whitley district live much closer to Williamsburg or Corbin? This gives those kids an additional option. Corbin has been blessed with having 3 big districts that surround them which schools are much further away than Corbin. Parents often base where they send those kids to school based on convenience. Jobs are centralized in cities. Corbin for years had Wayne Supply, hospital and railroad within a mile of school. Parents could drop their kids off on way to school.
How was the turnout today?
Glad we got one back. Would have helped a ton last year. Backfield should be good. Worried about the line still
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:How was the turnout today?
Glad we got one back. Would have helped a ton last year. Backfield should be good. Worried about the line still

If true the backfield got a lot better and the LB, the line play needs to improve this year...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Who came back?
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Who came back?

I was told Sean Hickey is back, the kid will make the Colonels better...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:How was the turnout today?

Rumor has it there were 103 at practice along with 70 cheerleaders and 412 band members.

I think this may be over stated.....I have never seen the band with that many kids.

Along with Hickey returning to the Colonel Nation there were several other nice additions, plus a huge number of freshies.
OldJacket Wrote:I was told Sean Hickey is back, the kid will make the Colonels better...

Roll Colonels! :Cheerlead
:foreveralone:
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Rumor has it there were 103 at practice along with 70 cheerleaders and 412 band members.

I think this may be over stated.....I have never seen the band with that many kids.

Along with Hickey returning to the Colonel Nation there were several other nice additions, plus a huge number of freshies.

I'd be happy with 70 Confusednicker:
I heard there were 72 cheerleaders Yesterday. And 403 football players and 141 band members
RunItUpTheGut Wrote::foreveralone:

I'd be happy with 70 Confusednicker:

70 cheerleaders might be too much :biggrin:
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Rumor has it there were 103 at practice along with 70 cheerleaders and 412 band members.

The return of Hickey and more than 70 players reporting to practice is a sign of good things to come Smile
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:I heard there were 72 cheerleaders Yesterday. And 403 football players and 141 band members

It's good that coach got some of those band members out on the field Confusednicker:
Do The Colonels have a 7 on 7 vs Madison Central?
Tuesday at 6:30 Whitley @ Madison Central. Next weekend at Lindsey Wilson , do not know who they play.
Paul Crewe Wrote:Tuesday at 6:30 Whitley @ Madison Central. Next weekend at Lindsey Wilson , do not know who they play.

Thanks for the reply and the info. What time does it start at Lindsey Wilson?
I think 9:00 am , don't hold me to that.
Paul Crewe Wrote:I think 9:00 am , don't hold me to that.

ok ,I hope to get out that way. I'm glad to see the enthusiasm back in the Colonels program.
How's Whitley county looking? Trying to see how they are....
Wow where are the Whitley fans? Someone fill me in on this team..
New Helmets, new uniforms, new shoes, new players, new coaches, new QB, all kinds of new stuff......Oh yeah new footballs too
OldJacket.......the picture you are using for your signature.....is that RIUTG in the back row????

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:OldJacket.......the picture you are using for your signature.....is that RIUTG in the back row????

Confusednicker:

Granny I believe RIUTG is #45 😎
The picture is the 1946 Wburg team...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bac2369 Wrote:Wow where are the Whitley fans? Someone fill me in on this team..

The Colonels just got back from Georgia. maybe somebody can tell us what went on down there Smile
bac2369 Wrote:Wow where are the Whitley fans? Someone fill me in on this team..

https://www.facebook.com/Whitley-County-...476/videos
Granny Bear Wrote:OldJacket.......the picture you are using for your signature.....is that RIUTG in the back row????

Confusednicker:

I was the coach Confusednicker:
What time does Whitley and Hazard scrimmage
They said 730. I plan on being in attendance.
bac2369 Wrote:They said 730. I plan on being in attendance.

any good place to eat in the area? lol
pjdoug Wrote:any good place to eat in the area? lol

Coal miner grill or Applebee's...... Or the usual 2 McDonald's or 2 Wendy's.... You know since hazard has so many.....or a Mexican place if u prefer it...
bac2369 Wrote:Coal miner grill or Applebee's...... Or the usual 2 McDonald's or 2 Wendy's.... You know since hazard has so many.....or a Mexican place if u prefer it...

if I dont get to make it please keep me updated on the scrimmage Smile
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next