•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County Football 2016
Everyone has same teams one more year.
I don't think we need anyone. Team chemistry is really good. The team has made great strides in the weight room and the coaching staff continues to do a great job moving this team in the right direction. No I am just as happy with hand we have been dealt. Looking for good things this fall!!!
Paul Crewe Wrote:No one has transferred , only 7 days of school left. Corbin fans said that a kid was coming . We will see.

I thought it was more than one kid Smile
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:I don't think we need anyone. Team chemistry is really good. The team has made great strides in the weight room and the coaching staff continues to do a great job moving this team in the right direction. No I am just as happy with hand we have been dealt. Looking for good things this fall!!!

any new additions to the staff? Who is the defensive coordinator?
Will the offense be any different with a new quarterback? is he as much a dual threat as Luke? just curious about his style of play because I haven't had the chance to see him play much.
pjdoug Wrote:any new additions to the staff? Who is the defensive coordinator?

So you know about possible transfers but not who is going to run the defense?? You know about transfers but not about the offense???? That does not make a lot of sense. All your "questions" will be answered in the future at the appropriate time.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:So you know about possible transfers but not who is going to run the defense?? You know about transfers but not about the offense???? That does not make a lot of sense. All your "questions" will be answered in the future at the appropriate time.

if I knew I wouldn't ask. posts are obviously on this site about players transferring. Why is it top secret? is James Bond the new coordinator? shaken not stirred.
I can not believe that you did not come to one practice or the spring game. Why? Coordinator spot has a twist to it. It will be finalized soon as more are coming to staff. Things are shaping up well. Kids have made tremendous gains in weight room. Great day to be a Colonel fan.
pjdoug Wrote:if I knew I wouldn't ask. posts are obviously on this site about players transferring. Why is it top secret? is James Bond the new coordinator? shaken not stirred.

I would guess that maybe everything is not set in stone yet. I don't think anything is a secret. They had spring practice which was open. They had a spring game which was open. You could have gone and watched any of them and had the answers for yourself. I personally saw a lot when I was there and it was all positive. If there was one negative it was that they had a several kids competing on other sports (good to see coaches sharing athletes) but even that can be a good thing. It gives younger kids an opportunity to step up.

Does it even really matter who is calling the offense, defense or special teams as long as the kids are making positive progress and getting the proper coaching. All I know is my boys are working their butts off and getting better everyday so as long as that is going on I am pleased and don't care who calls what
Things are moving in the right direction. Good days ahead for the Colonels.
Paul Crewe Wrote:I can not believe that you did not come to one practice or the spring game. Why? Coordinator spot has a twist to it. It will be finalized soon as more are coming to staff. Things are shaping up well. Kids have made tremendous gains in weight room. Great day to be a Colonel fan.

I wanted to be at the spring game but wasn't able Sad... glad to hear they are getting stronger and enjoying playing the game.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:I would guess that maybe everything is not set in stone yet. I don't think anything is a secret. They had spring practice which was open. They had a spring game which was open. You could have gone and watched any of them and had the answers for yourself. I personally saw a lot when I was there and it was all positive. If there was one negative it was that they had a several kids competing on other sports (good to see coaches sharing athletes) but even that can be a good thing. It gives younger kids an opportunity to step up.

Does it even really matter who is calling the offense, defense or special teams as long as the kids are making positive progress and getting the proper coaching. All I know is my boys are working their butts off and getting better everyday so as long as that is going on I am pleased and don't care who calls what

I COULDN'T go to the game or I wouldn't ask on here. positive and proper coaching says all I need to know and glad to hear it. Don't you hate when the kids work their butts off and it's wasted because of improper coaching?
I agree, but if you put thought in to it, Kids working their butts off, reflects proper coaching.
Paul Crewe Wrote:I agree, but if you put thought in to it, Kids working their butts off, reflects proper coaching.

not really. I've seen kids work their butts off and not know what to do when they get on the field, because they have been taught how to run,run and run more,but haven't been taught how to play the game.
I do think The Colonels are finally headed in the right direction, and hope the coaches are in it for the long haul.
I hope they are also.
I must be the only one that seeing the irony in the posts and threads. Whitley County is actually pleased at what is going on and somewhat excited about the up coming season.

The two threads below this one at this time, got rid of the coaches that are now at Whitley. Frazier was at MHS with Chappell and then Frazier was at Bell the last two years. Chappell now at Whitley and Frazier joins him. Irony at its best.

I hear more coaches from Bell are on the way. Anyone care to comment?
Did not get to know them much, I do hear good things. I think Bell will be in our same situation, mostly already are. Are you saying Mills and Hoskins to Whitley?I am hearing the same as well.
NextGeneration Wrote:Did not get to know them much, I do hear good things. I think Bell will be in our same situation, mostly already are. Are you saying Mills and Hoskins to Whitley?I am hearing the same as well.

Both were asked to stay at Bell. Offered the jobs back. I can only imagine what both said. With kids near HS age I would imagine both will be on the move. Where that is I have no idea. I have heard everything and everywhere but nothing from the horses mouth.
Generally speaking kids are not going to be working hard if they don't have proper coaching and leadership from the entire staff.

Let's the the passive aggressive comments like "I hope the coaches are on it for the long haul" out of it. Remember coaching staffs are professional coaches who's lively hood is determined by how 14-19 year old boys play. If they were not in for the long haul I seriously doubt any coach would uproot his family and move them around. They want be there and work hard I guess they would (could) be somewhere else.

Kids don't work hard without proper leadership. If you don't believe me just look at a couple threads here that are hot right now
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Generally speaking kids are not going to be working hard if they don't have proper coaching and leadership from the entire staff.

Let's the the passive aggressive comments like "I hope the coaches are on it for the long haul" out of it. Remember coaching staffs are professional coaches who's lively hood is determined by how 14-19 year old boys play. If they were not in for the long haul I seriously doubt any coach would uproot his family and move them around. They want be there and work hard I guess they would (could) be somewhere else.

Kids don't work hard without proper leadership. If you don't believe me just look at a couple threads here that are hot right now

I'm anything but passive-aggressive and have no problem whatsoever saying what's on my mind. I say what I mean and don't waste words.like I said I do hope the coaches are in it for the long haul because I think Chappell cares about the kids....kids do work hard without proper leadership until they get tired of it which is obviously the reason Whitley County hasn't had 5A numbers on the field in the past and had several players going to other schools.its common sense and should be easy to fix the problem.
PRIDE101 Wrote:I must be the only one that seeing the irony in the posts and threads. Whitley County is actually pleased at what is going on and somewhat excited about the up coming season.

The two threads below this one at this time, got rid of the coaches that are now at Whitley. Frazier was at MHS with Chappell and then Frazier was at Bell the last two years. Chappell now at Whitley and Frazier joins him. Irony at its best.

I hear more coaches from Bell are on the way. Anyone care to comment?

I hadn't heard that but I dont hear anything lol
pjdoug Wrote:I'm anything but passive-aggressive and have no problem whatsoever saying what's on my mind. I say what I mean and don't waste words.like I said I do hope the coaches are in it for the long haul because I think Chappell cares about the kids....kids do work hard without proper leadership until they get tired of it which is
obviously the reason Whitley County hasn't had 5A numbers on the field in the past and had several players going to other schools.its common sense and should be easy to fix the problem.

You are living in the past. When is the last time a kid transferred out of Whitley Countu to another school. You are beating a dead horse. The way I see it people (notice I don't use the word fan) are the problem.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:You are living in the past. When is the last time a kid transferred out of Whitley Countu to another school. You are beating a dead horse. The way I see it people (notice I don't use the word fan) are the problem.

Over the past year their have been 2 Whitley players that transferred to Corbin. I'm not sure of how much they contributed to the football team at Whitley, but they played JV, I believe. Not sure if they are playing at Corbin or just wanted a change of scenery.
Over the past year their have been 2 Corbin players that transferred to Whitley. I'm not sure of how much they contributed to the football team at Corbin, but they played JV, I believe. Not sure if they are playing at Whitley or just wanted a change of scenery.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:You are living in the past. When is the last time a kid transferred out of Whitley Countu to another school. You are beating a dead horse. The way I see it people (notice I don't use the word fan) are the problem.

The past keeps repeating itself. Deja vu. people like you that sugar coat and get defensive when a FAN asks a question is the main problem.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Over the past year their have been 2 Whitley players that transferred to Corbin. I'm not sure of how much they contributed to the football team at Whitley, but they played JV, I believe. Not sure if they are playing at Corbin or just wanted a change of scenery.

over the past 50 years 500 Whitley players have transferred to CorbinConfusednicker:
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Over the past year their have been 2 Whitley players that transferred to Corbin. I'm not sure of how much they contributed to the football team at Whitley, but they played JV, I believe. Not sure if they are playing at Corbin or just wanted a change of scenery.

comparing Whitley's roster to Corbin's says all that needs to be said. it should be impossible for Corbin to have more players than Whitley County Smile
Corbin enrollment average for 12-13 and 13-14 was 413 boys. If KHSAA had of used 2 year number instead of 4 Corbin would have been 4A. Whitley's 2 year average was 574. I do understand 161 more boys is about 28% more. The thing you and many other don't understand is Whitley is trying to pull these boys in from a 15-20 mile radius of the school and Corbin is pulling from a maybe 3 miles of the school. Corbin should get a higher % of players out. If you look at rosters of all 5A schools in the state Whitley's will be above the average.
footballfever Wrote:Corbin enrollment average for 12-13 and 13-14 was 413 boys. If KHSAA had of used 2 year number instead of 4 Corbin would have been 4A. Whitley's 2 year average was 574. I do understand 161 more boys is about 28% more. The thing you and many other don't understand is Whitley is trying to pull these boys in from a 15-20 mile radius of the school and Corbin is pulling from a maybe 3 miles of the school. Corbin should get a higher % of players out. If you look at rosters of all 5A schools in the state Whitley's will be above the average.

Whitley County goes south about 25 miles from Corbin all the way to Jellico at the Tennessee stateline. Corbin pulls players from the 25 mile area:biglmao: . No way should Corbin have more players than the whole rest of the county.The county also goes for several miles on 92 E and 92 W to Bell County and McCreary County.... When Whitley County gets 5A numbers on the field they'll be a powerhouse.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next