•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County Football 2016
the Colonels just can't get it together. They don't have numbers, they lose them from Freshman ball to when they move to Sophemores. But that's been the case for a long time. Yes they had some good teams in the 90's but tell me when they were relevant any other time? 60's, 70's, 80's??? Sorry but they won't be able to compete in their large class and it doesn't matter who they get on the staff, they won't pull the right talent to make them compete.
I agree completely i don't know what the problem is with whitley. I dont know that everyone wanted rid of Chappell but from this forum and taking to people its not that they're calling for his head but if someone else came along they thought might be better i don't think they would think twice thats just my opinion. Any thoughts on why athletics in general and so average at a school they should be better?
idk redrocket, but it's sad when their rival, little single A Williamsburg, can typically (most of the time) (more times they compete w/ one another than not) compete at every sport with this school. Williamsburg shouldn't even be in the same vicinity athletically. But, at Williamsburg, you can't be political (not saying that there is a political issue at Whitley) but saying that Williamsburg, if you can play, they have to play you because there just isn't numbers at that school as there is @ Whitley
They have struggled to get kids out. I think a lot had to do with the previous coaches personality. If it is not fun kids will not play. You have to go recruit them. I think Coach Chappel is trying to do that now. Coach Black was notorious for grinding kids to death. Not many 15-19 year-olds want to spent 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year on football.
TopCat Wrote:They have struggled to get kids out. I think a lot had to do with the previous coaches personality. If it is not fun kids will not play. You have to go recruit them. I think Coach Chappel is trying to do that now. Coach Black was notorious for grinding kids to death. Not many 15-19 year-olds want to spent 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year on football.

It does need to be fun no doubt. But I have to disagree if the kids you have are kids that don't want to be there and spend time even year round then that may very well be the problem. Your leaders and best kids especially at a school that size should have no problem spending that kind of time. If that's the mentality then that may be the issue.
TopCat Wrote:They have struggled to get kids out. I think a lot had to do with the previous coaches personality. If it is not fun kids will not play. You have to go recruit them. I think Coach Chappel is trying to do that now. Coach Black was notorious for grinding kids to death. Not many 15-19 year-olds want to spent 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year on football.

well said.it has to be fun.a lot of hard work is put in,but in the end its still a game,and the kids that put months of hard work in at least want to see the field.in the past it has been political and they had their favorites.. hopefully they are getting away from that.
Whitley has the bodies and great facilities. They could be a monster
E's Army Wrote:Whitley has the bodies and great facilities. They could be a monster

hopefully they are headed in the right direction with good leadership.
Coach Black did not do anything the rest of the teams in the state of Kentucky were doing lifting weights and practicing. Don't make stupid statements about someone who has nothing to do with the program and
OldSchool58 Wrote:Coach Black did not do anything the rest of the teams in the state of Kentucky were doing lifting weights and practicing. Don't make stupid statements about someone who has nothing to do with the program and

man that lives in a glass house could get glass in his a$$
Colonels will miss Darrel Woods next year. He is a heck of a coach.
E's Army Wrote:Colonels will miss Darrel Woods next year. He is a heck of a coach.

is he still coaching?
and won't defend himself. Coach does not read this stuff. He always gave us the credit and always shoulder the blame. So don't say things about the only football coach to win a region title at Whitley. By the way he coachs at North Laurel, they beat us the past 2 years. He must know a little bit about what takes to win football games.
OldSchool58 Wrote:and won't defend himself. Coach does not read this stuff. He always gave us the credit and always shoulder the blame. So don't say things about the only football coach to win a region title at Whitley. By the way he coachs at North Laurel, they beat us the past 2 years. He must know a little bit about what takes to win football games.

Confusedtare:
Darrell Woods is retiring, Dave Bryant asked him to help with middle school. Heard he may move to Lexington or heard it depends where Luke is going.
OldSchool58 Wrote:Darrell Woods is retiring, Dave Bryant asked him to help with middle school. Heard he may move to Lexington or heard it depends where Luke is going.

I don't know where Luke is going. but he isn't interested in playing college football is he?
I know he can go to UK on his academics and not have to pay anything. Some smaller d 2 schools have shown interest because of his athleticism. He will be a great addition to any school for any reason, athletics or academics or both.
OldSchool58 Wrote:I know he can go to UK on his academics and not have to pay anything. Some smaller d 2 schools have shown interest because of his athleticism. He will be a great addition to any school for any reason, athletics or academics or both.

Yeah. but I didn't think he was interested in playing football anymore.
any updates on The Colonels?
Luke is going to UK. Very bright kids who is going to worry about school.
pjdoug Wrote:any updates on The Colonels?

I figured you would be the one who was giving all the info on the Colonels....you seem to always know what is wrong and never right with the football program. :devilflam

Go on out and watch practice and introduce yourself to the coaches, I am sure that they would value your insight in to how to fix the problems you are always so quick to point out, or agree with the points of the Bell Trolls.
:poker face:

BTW the Colonels are just fine...flying under the radar......working hard and getting better.:Thumbs:
^^^^ lol ^^^^
Anyone get out and watch the Colonels during spring practice...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:I figured you would be the one who was giving all the info on the Colonels....you seem to always know what is wrong and never right with the football program. :devilflam

Go on out and watch practice and introduce yourself to the coaches, I am sure that they would value your insight in to how to fix the problems you are always so quick to point out, or agree with the points of the Bell Trolls.
:poker face:

BTW the Colonels are just fine...flying under the radar......working hard and getting better.:Thumbs:

its pretty obvious what is wrong:oooo:
bcpc Wrote:^^^^ lol ^^^^

sadly, I can't disagree with this statement.
OldJacket Wrote:Anyone get out and watch the Colonels during spring practice...

I wish I had so I could learn something from the pro that has never played a day of football in his life Smile
No comment.
Who transferred to Whitley? everything is always top secret and lots of sneaky and shady characters always around the program lol. no wonder they never move to the top.
No one has transferred , only 7 days of school left. Corbin fans said that a kid was coming . We will see.
Are there any new teams on their schedule, or is it the same as last year?
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next