Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Regional Tournament
Bigbluefanatic Wrote:No I don't have my years wrong and yes they did play Betsy Layne in 2006 and lost, maybe you guys should check out the Kentucky High School Basketball Encyclopedia, I'm sure it's not wrong, and yea they did play SV and lost in the finals of 2009 70-46, but the next year they played East Ridge and then lost to BL...

Here is a link to the 2006 Regional. If you'd like a look. I'm not trying to argue im just trying to clear this up. https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/r...ment_63115
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Maybe you should do a little research before giving "history lessons"??? Confusednicker:

In 2008-09 season, Shelby Valley beat LC in the 15th Region CHAMPIONSHIP game.

You know what you should also look that Justice also played in 2010 maybe you should clarify what year he played gosh...
Gsjhe Wrote:Here is a link to the 2006 Regional. If you'd like a look. I'm not trying to argue im just trying to clear this up. https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/r...ment_63115

You got me there I saw the years wrong it was 2009 they were in the final and 2010 they were in the semis my mistake..
Bigbluefanatic Wrote:You got me there I saw the years wrong it was 2009 they were in the final and 2010 they were in the semis my mistake..

Since 2006......LC basketball has been to the regional tourney 5 times

2 times playing in semi-finals
2 times playing in finals
this year semi-finals or finals???????

So, basically 50% of the time LC basketball has made the trip to the Expo Center.

Now, for a school that's not a basketball "tradition", that's not too bad. Especially playing in the 57th, the toughest district by far. The move to the 60th has been good, I won't lie. But to think that it's a cake walk too is ridiculous.
Johnson Central vs. East Ridge and Magoffin County vs. Lawrence County could be two very good games.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Since 2006......LC basketball has been to the regional tourney 5 times

2 times playing in semi-finals
2 times playing in finals
this year semi-finals or finals???????

So, basically 50% of the time LC basketball has made the trip to the Expo Center.

Now, for a school that's not a basketball "tradition", that's not too bad. Especially playing in the 57th, the toughest district by far. The move to the 60th has been good, I won't lie. But to think that it's a cake walk too is ridiculous.

Yea the districts are kind of a cake walk I remember when you had to win 2 games to even make the region and with there being only 16 teams in the region left and here soon it will be 14, is the 15th going to go into the 14th to recruit a team to even out the districts or will there be more moving around amongst the region to balence out the districts or both?
THOMCAT Wrote:Johnson Central vs. East Ridge and Magoffin County vs. Lawrence County could be two very good games.

I agree and I think both games will be close. Lawrence and Johnson Central are probably favored to win these games but it could very well go the other way if they start looking ahead.
Bigbluefanatic Wrote:Yea the districts are kind of a cake walk I remember when you had to win 2 games to even make the region and with there being only 16 teams in the region left and here soon it will be 14, is the 15th going to go into the 14th to recruit a team to even out the districts or will there be more moving around amongst the region to balence out the districts or both?

The only school close enough to make it truly work is Jenkins. But what good will that do? That just leads to reshuffling and would bounce LC back to 57th, move Jenkins in to either 60th or 59th, which waters those down and causes one of the following to miss the regional tourney: Magoffin, Johnson Central, Paintsville, Sheldon Clark, or LC. In my opinion, although you may say it's bias, the 57th is the best district in baseball and basketball. Shelby Valley is great at girls and good with boys, but other than that, the 57th has dominant teams as a whole. I think the way it has been reshuffled has worked. The regional tourney has no easy wins. Last year's baseball regional tourney was awesome! The atmosphere was great with all teams there, but especially when you had LC vs. Paintsville in the semifinals and LC vs. JC in the finals. That would NOT have happened without LC moving to the 60th and would have resulted in a lesser atmosphere, again in my opinion.
THOMCAT Wrote:Johnson Central vs. East Ridge and Magoffin County vs. Lawrence County could be two very good games.

JC and LC are the favorites, but as said earlier, either or BOTH could get upset. For the Expo and expectations of a great atmosphere, I'm sure they are hoping for an LC/JC final. Would be awesome.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:The only school close enough to make it truly work is Jenkins. But what good will that do? That just leads to reshuffling and would bounce LC back to 57th, move Jenkins in to either 60th or 59th, which waters those down and causes one of the following to miss the regional tourney: Magoffin, Johnson Central, Paintsville, Sheldon Clark, or LC. In my opinion, although you may say it's bias, the 57th is the best district in baseball and basketball. Shelby Valley is great at girls and good with boys, but other than that, the 57th has dominant teams as a whole. I think the way it has been reshuffled has worked. The regional tourney has no easy wins. Last year's baseball regional tourney was awesome! The atmosphere was great with all teams there, but especially when you had LC vs. Paintsville in the semifinals and LC vs. JC in the finals. That would NOT have happened without LC moving to the 60th and would have resulted in a lesser atmosphere, again in my opinion.

If say you are right but if the 14 th will let them go it could be Letcher Central and yes if it happens LC will have to go back to the 57th or even to the 58th with Floyd Central
I think if Johnson central plays like they did against Belfry then a upset is really possible.
I can't be the only person who thinks that Lawrence Co being in the 60th is, geographically, the worst decision that has been made in awhile. Sheldon Clark should have slid over to the 60th and Lawrence remain in the 57th. Lawrence Co passes around 10 KHSAA member schools on their way to a district game in Phelps... and that's absurd. But hey, what do I know?

Enjoy your one season of basketball relevance, Bulldogs.
K40 Wrote:I can't be the only person who thinks that Lawrence Co being in the 60th is, geographically, the worst decision that has been made in awhile. Sheldon Clark should have slid over to the 60th and Lawrence remain in the 57th. Lawrence Co passes around 10 KHSAA member schools on their way to a district game in Phelps... and that's absurd. But hey, what do I know?

Enjoy your one season of basketball relevance, Bulldogs.

Let me tackle the first statement.....why don't you ask the Sheldon Clark people why they REFUSED to move to the 60th? It's widely known around the area that they were first offered to move and declined. So LC was 2nd asked, and accepted. There are other places in the state where schools cross districts, and even regions, to play in district play. So, this isn't unique as you would like to make it.

And your last statement, you claim "basketball relevance". Then how come LC has been in the regional semi finals 5 years since 2006, and only 2 of those were last year and this year.....meaning that LC was THREE times between 2006-2014.....hmmmm......yet you only focus on the past 2 seasons? If LC plays in the semis or finals 5 out of 11 seasons, how is that "irrelevant"?