Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Regional Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
East Ridge vs Allen Central
Johnson Central vs Belfry
South Floyd vs Magoffin Co
Lawrence Co vs Pikeville

Thoughts
Tough draw for sf
Magoffin then Lawrence then JC what bad luck

JC came out smelling like a rose straight shot to finals
Warthog Wrote:Tough draw for sf
Magoffin then Lawrence then JC what bad luck

JC came out smelling like a rose straight shot to finals

You're right about JC but they are wanting LC to earn this Regional
Magoffin and SF both got really bad draws
It really looks like a Johnson Central vs. Lawrence County finals. However, six other teams have a say in what happens.
THOMCAT Wrote:It really looks like a Johnson Central vs. Lawrence County finals. However, six other teams have a say in what happens.

LC is going to go through the gauntlet to get there
Johnson Central will be the 1st team to ever win the 15th Region 5 times in a row!
Maybe the most favorable draw they have had. Look out Rupp Arena!
Baseball Man Wrote:Johnson Central will be the 1st team to ever win the 15th Region 5 times in a row!
Maybe the most favorable draw they have had. Look out Rupp Arena!

As long as they don't play LC cause they have a lil pay back for last year...
What a draw for JC. Still going with Lawrence County tho.
JC with a great draw , Lawrence is the team to beat , but anything can happen. .
Bigbluefanatic Wrote:As long as they don't play LC cause they have a lil pay back for last year...

If they both make it I think Johnson Central may have a little payback for this season. Maybe the official scorer at the Expo will pay attention and each player will get 5 fouls, not 4 like Pack did at Lawrence County. Before any Bulldog fans want to get on here and dispute go watch the video of the game.
Looks like a great draw for JC but they better not get it in their heads that those first two rounds will be easy. A few weeks ago they had a big let down getting beat bad by pike central. Lawrence county has a little more difficult path but with 4 senior starters I fully expect them to embrace the moment and make it to the championship game.
THOMCAT Wrote:If they both make it I think Johnson Central may have a little payback for this season. Maybe the official scorer at the Expo will pay attention and each player will get 5 fouls, not 4 like Pack did at Lawrence County. Before any Bulldog fans want to get on here and dispute go watch the video of the game.

You know what, I did go back and look at the video. I looked at it and it showed that LC beat JC. Confusednicker: Keep crying about your player leaving the game because of 5 fouls....or 4 fouls.....or 6 fouls.......whatever. Robert Dalton fouled out, too, I believe...and was limited with foul trouble and only had 9 points. So, I'll give you your big guy and take a Robert Dalton with no foul trouble because you could almost assuredly double those 9 points.

But, keep holding on to those moral victories. You beat us in that scenario.....Confusednicker:
The Dawgs are on a mission and are hitting on all cylinders. I don't see anyone stopping them. Not only do I see them cutting the nets at the Expo but I also think they have a chance of cutting the nets at Rupp. Looking forward to Thursday night.
Wildcat man Wrote:The Dawgs are on a mission and are hitting on all cylinders. I don't see anyone stopping them. Not only do I see them cutting the nets at the Expo but I also think they have a chance of cutting the nets at Rupp. Looking forward to Thursday night.

I'm not ready to say that just yet. The odds of us winning the 15th are good. I'll say that. But, any team with a skilled big man could give us fits. You know that, everyone knows that. Plus, foul trouble would really hurt us as well. We all know that the 15th region tournament gets called a bit tighter due to the fact that refs from another region come in. And if what I was told is right, we will be having 16th region refs....the tightest calling refs in eastern KY. That doesn't bode well for LC. I think that JC and Magoffin could keep a game close enough to us that if we had foul trouble or not hitting our shots, it may be difficult to win.

As for the state tourney prediction, come on. I love our team. I love our boys. But winning it all? Let's just focus at the first objective....15th region.
Wildcat man Wrote:The Dawgs are on a mission and are hitting on all cylinders. I don't see anyone stopping them. Not only do I see them cutting the nets at the Expo but I also think they have a chance of cutting the nets at Rupp. Looking forward to Thursday night.

^ :hilarious:
Dawgs got the worst draw possible for them, but if as good as advertised should have no problem winning this region.
Lawrence & JC final would be an historic game with Lawrence looking to be first regional champ ever from their county & JC going for 5 in a row.
Why complain about one foul when JC brought a hometown boy out of retirement to ref against MC. I hope MC gets another chance at them with neutral refs, if not I hope LC sends them home.
sportguy12 Wrote:Why complain about one foul when JC brought a hometown boy out of retirement to ref against MC. I hope MC gets another chance at them with neutral refs, if not I hope LC sends them home.

Maybe you should know something before you post false info. The ref that you are referring to is not from Johnson County. There is a father-son combo from this county with that name but it is not the same person.
I don't see anyone beating Lawrence. But that's why they play the game. JC did get the best draw though I believe and will probably meet Lawrence in the finals. South Floyd vs Magoffin game should be a good one.
If Pikeville hits from behind the arc the way they did against Johnson Central, they can beat ANYONE. Definitely not an easy road for LC.
Lawrence County should win this tournament. Regardless they better enjoy it because they return to mediocrity next season and for many seasons after.
Motley Wrote:Lawrence County should win this tournament. Regardless they better enjoy it because they return to mediocrity next season and for many seasons after.

Bitter much?
Motley Wrote:Lawrence County should win this tournament. Regardless they better enjoy it because they return to mediocrity next season and for many seasons after.

This is Lawrence's to lose and I do believe they will get challenged in 1 or 2 contests it's all matters how they can handle being challenged, it being tournament time it will happen...
I saw this in a post on another site and found it very informational. They make a valid point at the end.

Did you know?

That since the 15th Region Tournament was moved to the Expo Center in 2006 (10 yrs.)
They have only been 3 teams to win the region.
(Johnson Central (5), Shelby Valley (4) & Paintsville (1)).

That since 2000 (16yrs.)
Shelby Valley (7) and Johnson Central (6) has won 13 out 16 region titles. (South Floyd 1, East Ridge 1 and Paintsville 1).

That since 1995 (21 yrs.)
Only 6 teams have the region and that Shelby Valley, Johnson Central and Paintsville have won 18 of 21.
(Shelby Valley 7, Johnson Central 6, Paintsville 5, Pikeville 1, South Floyd 1, and East Ridge 1).

That since 1975 (41 yrs.)
Johnson Central (8), Paintsville (8), Shelby Valley (7)/ Virgie (5)=12, have accounted for 28 of those 41 titles.

That in the history of the 15th Region only 3 teams have won 4-straight region titles.
(Inez, Paintsville, Johnson Central).

That from 1985-1998 (14 yrs.) Paintsville won 7 region titles in 14 yrs.
That from 2002-2011 (10 yrs.) Shelby Valley won 7 region titles in 10 yrs.
That from 2006-2015 (10 yrs.) Johnson Central has won 5 titles in 10 yrs.

The 15th region has been dominated by Johnson Central, Shelby Valley and Paintsville over the past 40 years.
Imagine what Johnson County could put on the floor if Paintsville and Central were combined. Both also have solid baseball programs.
Big Don Wrote:Imagine what Johnson County could put on the floor if Paintsville and Central were combined. Both also have solid baseball programs.

The basketball program would suffer.... it would be to watered down.

Baseball, softball and football would be tough.
Big Don Wrote:Imagine what Johnson County could put on the floor if Paintsville and Central were combined. Both also have solid baseball programs.

Johnson central was formed from 4 high schools in Johnson County and those 4 were all good basketball programs, it didn't help them when they combined, and when you talk about Paintsville combining with them it would be like oil and water, won't mix .
Hornet dad Wrote:Johnson central was formed from 4 high schools in Johnson County and those 4 were all good basketball programs, it didn't help them when they combined, and when you talk about Paintsville combining with them it would be like oil and water, won't mix .

Is there that much hate? What's the deal?
Big Don Wrote:Is there that much hate? What's the deal?

They don't get alone at all. Never have.
Pages: 1 2 3 4