Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co. @ Louisville Central 11/13
Objective Wrote:Central has some of the best people you will ever meet but that is still a very intimidating place to go play. This will be a factor in the game, especially the first time you go.

I promise Boyle won't be intimidated, the main part of this coaching staff Smith Pardue and Hester have won 5 to 7 state titles at Boyle and they've played Central 3 times in the playoffs in the past, and never lost to Central I know the past won't have any bearing in this game but Boyle is used to playing on the big stage I fully expect Chuck Smith to have the Rebs ready for Friday's game and I expect Boyle to win.
Two great coaches here. Boyle has great community support. Central kind of does it on their own. Jefferson County school can care less. Remarkable what as dogging has done.
Scroggins. Auto correct sucks. I should proofread.
Objective Wrote:Sad part about this game is L Central has no media coverage and no fan base. Just great football team, facility and a great band. Boyle co enjoy the band best you'll see all year and maybe the last. Those two Bell co boys you have can tell you about it

Well Boyle's band is better so I'm going with Boyle by 7
Central welcomes Boyle to the 3A playoffs and sends them packing to the basketball locker room. Central 21-7
Central 35-14. Central introduces Boyle to the Era of coach Scroggins
Central beats St. X and Boyle loses to lex Catholic and people think Boyle is going to win?

I bet central already practiced for Boyle last week too because they knew they'd beat western hills. I don't see Boyle beating them. But good luck to both of these teams because the road to bowling green will be a hard one for either team.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Boyle 28 to 14. They have two common opponents Boyle beat Western hills 52 to 20, Central beat Western hills 21 to 6, Western hills scored two TD'S on Boyle's reserves ,Central lead Western hills 14 to 6 middle of the 4th quarter. Boyle beat Waggner 42 to 14, Central beat Waggner 21 to 6. Waggner actually outgained Central in total yards and Central had about 8 YDS more than Western hills.

When talking about Central you can literally throw out common opponents, I've said this for years on here, Central plays to the level of their competition
That past was like over a DECADE ago , lol
Coachdad Wrote:When talking about Central you can literally throw out common opponents, I've said this for years on here, Central plays to the level of their competition

I have seen this quite a few times this year...teams playing to the level of their competition....and I really hate it. When a team plays a significantly weaker team, and then bow to that level; the game just gets mistake laden. I've seen it lead to some major injuries.

Good luck to both teams! Central will win this competition, IMO.
Boyle and Lex Cath have changed 3A in a big way. Adding two teams with potential to bring home the big trophy is huge. They still got to get through Central. But Central has to get through both of them just to make the semi's.
go central
For Boyle Co. the gauntlet starts now. Unfortunately for them its against one of the scariest teams to play in all of 3A. Central finds ways to win big ball games and do it consistently with their defense that is smothering most of the time. Corbin learned last year what Central can do. Belfry has dealt with it many times with 2011 and 2012 being the most difficult to swallow.

Boyle may win this game but they will not come out of it untested or unscathed.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:For Boyle Co. the gauntlet starts now. Unfortunately for them its against one of the scariest teams to play in all of 3A. Central finds ways to win big ball games and do it consistently with their defense that is smothering most of the time. Corbin learned last year what Central can do. Belfry has dealt with it many times with 2011 and 2012 being the most difficult to swallow.

Boyle may win this game but they will not come out of it untested or unscathed.

The teams you speak of Corbin and Belfry are run heavy one dimensional teams they're are alot easier to defend, Boyle's offense is a different animal IMO Boyle has the best offense in 3A Robbins has passed for over 2200 YDS and they've ran for Over 1800 YDS on the season IMO this game is about match ups, Central likes to run the ball and Boyle defends the run as well as anybody in 3A if you're gonna beat Boyle you need to have a good passing game it's hard to do it on the ground I expect a hard fought ball game but I expect Boyle to come out on top.
Jack Lambert Wrote:The teams you speak of Corbin and Belfry are run heavy one dimensional teams they're are alot easier to defend, Boyle's offense is a different animal IMO Boyle has the best offense in 3A Robbins has passed for over 2200 YDS and they've ran for Over 1800 YDS on the season IMO this game is about match ups, Central likes to run the ball and Boyle defends the run as well as anybody in 3A if you're gonna beat Boyle you need to have a good passing game it's hard to do it on the ground I expect a hard fought ball game but I expect Boyle to come out on top.

Corbin had passed for over 1800 yards last season... Corbin runs the ball a lot this year but last year worked primarily out of the spread.

South Warren, under Brandon Smith, has passed for over 1500 yards last year.

This year they have defeated CAL and St. X who both are highly qualified and diverse Offenses.

The irony is Belfry's One Dimensional Offense was the most successful of the lot against Central actually.
Yep people like to call Belfry one dimensional and that is fine, but boy that one dimension is really good. Plus you throw in a defense that has not been scored on in a meaningful playoff game in a good while!! I'll take it!
bucslover68 Wrote:Yep people like to call Belfry one dimensional and that is fine, but boy that one dimension is really good. Plus you throw in a defense that has not been scored on in a meaningful playoff game in a good while!! I'll take it!

Belfry has a great team with great tradition and if running the ball works for 'em I wouldn't change a thing.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Corbin had passed for over 1800 yards last season... Corbin runs the ball a lot this year but last year worked primarily out of the spread.

South Warren, under Brandon Smith, has passed for over 1500 yards last year.

This year they have defeated CAL and St. X who both are highly qualified and diverse Offenses.

The irony is Belfry's One Dimensional Offense was the most successful of the lot against Central actually.

Don't recall mentioning South Warren but anyone who knows football knows that a balanced offense is harder to defend than a one dimensional offense.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Wouldn't think so.. they met 3 or 4 times before Scroggins came to Central

This will be their second trip ever to the hive
Coachdad Wrote:This will be their second trip ever to the hive

You are correct the last trip to the Hive Boyle won 40 to 9.
You know it's tournament time when Coachdad is back posting in Central threads.
Boyle by one td
Objective Wrote:Sad part about this game is L Central has no media coverage and no fan base. Just great football team, facility and a great band. Boyle co enjoy the band best you'll see all year and maybe the last. Those two Bell co boys you have can tell you about it

Central does have a fan base , a few years ago they were saying that to bell county fans when they rolled into central undefeated I posted a pic of centrals side which was for the most part full, nobody even responded, smh
What the county teams don't realize is there is like 50 high schools in Louisville , and the town ( actually large sprawling mini metropolis) does not shut down for high school football , this is not Friday night lights
Jack Lambert Wrote:You are correct the last trip to the Hive Boyle won 40 to 9.

16 years ago Mabey 17
Tica Wrote:You know it's tournament time when Coachdad is back posting in Central threads.

But I'm not sure if I'll be able to go, Rams have a home game Sunday I often leave on Friday
Coachdad Wrote:When talking about Central you can literally throw out common opponents, I've said this for years on here, Central plays to the level of their competition

Hmm, and what would your excuse be about when they came to Johnson Central and got destroyed?
Jack Lambert Wrote:The teams you speak of Corbin and Belfry are run heavy one dimensional teams they're are alot easier to defend, Boyle's offense is a different animal IMO Boyle has the best offense in 3A Robbins has passed for over 2200 YDS and they've ran for Over 1800 YDS on the season IMO this game is about match ups, Central likes to run the ball and Boyle defends the run as well as anybody in 3A if you're gonna beat Boyle you need to have a good passing game it's hard to do it on the ground I expect a hard fought ball game but I expect Boyle to come out on top.
And that one dimensional way has gotten us a lot of success. and nobody has stopped us yet.
Coachdad Wrote:16 years ago Mabey 17

14 years to be exact. November 16th. 2001 :biggrin:
Central a strength isn't that they stop the run so well. Corbin averaged almost 8 yards a carry on them last year and still lost. Central plays the same defense all year and they get really good at it. They put their 5 best athletes on your 5 best athletes in press man coverage and blitz everybody else. Even if your 5 are better than their 5 they put so much pressure on you that it's hard to get the ball to them. This makes them strong against the run as well but I think that if you're going to beat central it's by running the ball well and being more physical than them. Not an easy task by any means. If I wasn't watching my redhounds play Friday I might have made the trip to magazine street to catch this one.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Central a strength isn't that they stop the run so well. Corbin averaged almost 8 yards a carry on them last year and still lost. Central plays the same defense all year and they get really good at it. They put their 5 best athletes on your 5 best athletes in press man coverage and blitz everybody else. Even if your 5 are better than their 5 they put so much pressure on you that it's hard to get the ball to them. This makes them strong against the run as well but I think that if you're going to beat central it's by running the ball well and being more physical than them. Not an easy task by any means. If I wasn't watching my redhounds play Friday I might have made the trip to magazine street to catch this one.

Corbin had a huge lead then choked and stopped playing.