Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle Co. @ Louisville Central 11/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Did not realize there was not a thread on this game which some would say is the best matchup in 3A so far this year.

I know Central has those two losses to open the season, but they appear to have fixed any problems that contributed to that outcome. I cannot see Boyle pulling this one out, but Wayne Co. won there so anything is possible.

I would say Central 28. Boyle Co. 14.
This should be one of the best games played this weekend. Who ever wins this one I think would be a favorite to end up in state championship game. To really good defense low scoring game. 14-7 Boyle co I give the edge to Robbins at QB
Boyle Co
Boyle QB will be big in this one...
Boyle County 21-7
Best game of the playoffs so far in any class.

Central wins to set up a re-match with Belfry.
Good luck to Central , hope they win but I will be in St Louis awaiting my Rams to play the Bears ,
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Best game of the playoffs so far in any class.

Central wins to set up a re-match with Belfry.

:dontthink
This is by far the best game in any class thus far in the playoffs.
Central has always started the season slow but coach Scroggins gets them going after a few games. Boyle is always a tough team to play even when they have a down year their better than alot of teams. For Boyle to win they are going to have to play lights out defense. And for 4quarters.
I agree that this will be a very good defensive game low scoring.
Central 8
Boyle 7
Old school football kind of game

Cold, muddy field

Hard hitting... lots at stake...

Before Central laid an egg against Western Hills I was leaning toward them..now I am thinking Boyle by 7 or less
Battle of the Titans. Boyle by 3
Seriously this is title town verses title town. In the past 15 years Boyle and Central both have 5 state championships a piece. Most school dream of winning one these two schools have had periods where they have dominated
Boyle Co by 7
Correction Boyle co has 7 Central has 5. Boyle won 2A title in 99 00
This should be a good one, rest of the state will have there eyes on this one. Great round two matchup in 3A.

Boyle Co. 28
Central 21
Boyle will lose this game in OT 43-42!!!!
Would love to be at this game. What a matchup for week 2 of the playoffs.

Central wins a close one.
Boyle 28 to 14. They have two common opponents Boyle beat Western hills 52 to 20, Central beat Western hills 21 to 6, Western hills scored two TD'S on Boyle's reserves ,Central lead Western hills 14 to 6 middle of the 4th quarter. Boyle beat Waggner 42 to 14, Central beat Waggner 21 to 6. Waggner actually outgained Central in total yards and Central had about 8 YDS more than Western hills.
is this Boyle Co first trip to Central ?
Central wins big
Objective Wrote:is this Boyle Co first trip to Central ?

Wouldn't think so.. they met 3 or 4 times before Scroggins came to Central
7 to 10 Central moves on to Lex.Cath
Central has some of the best people you will ever meet but that is still a very intimidating place to go play. This will be a factor in the game, especially the first time you go.
Objective Wrote:Central has some of the best people you will ever meet but that is still a very intimidating place to go play. This will be a factor in the game, especially the first time you go.

I still don't think Boyle really knows what to expect. (This is not saying they will lose by any means)

I remember, and you may as well, when Bell moved to 3A that Bobcats fans kind of brushed off Central now that they had moved down in class. I specifically remember telling them how surprisingly physical Central was. Then I warned about what happens when you turn it over against Central.

The Jackets don't just turn you over... they turn you over at the worst possible time and once they get their hands on the ball it is a 50/50 chance it is going to the house!

Sure enough... 2011.. Central 26 Bell 0.. key play was a 42 yard Fumble Return for TD. Also worth noting Round 1 Central beat a bad Casey County team 44-20 in a game that was tight until the 4th Quarter. Bell had beat Casey 47-0 and was feeling confident after Round 1.

Scoreboard watching gets you nowhere with Central. When Central beat Belfry in 2007 the Yellowjackets got smashed by Johnson Central in the regular season..Belfry beat JC 28-12.

The bottom line..and I am sure you will attest having seen some very good Bell teams play them.. is if you want to beat Central you have to hold on to the football and play sound Special Teams.
You are correct sir Defense and turnovers they thrive on it.....I was just thinking of how may times Bell should have won this game and lost it on a turnover at least 3 I can think of. They gang tackle and 3 threw 5 goes for the ball. Very well coached built for the playoffs.
Glad they are on the other side of the bracket
Sad part about this game is L Central has no media coverage and no fan base. Just great football team, facility and a great band. Boyle co enjoy the band best you'll see all year and maybe the last. Those two Bell co boys you have can tell you about it
Being saying all year that Central advances to Bowling Green.....no need to change horses now. Central 28-20
Objective Wrote:is this Boyle Co first trip to Central ?

No the last time Boyle played at Central Boyle won 40 to 9.
Pages: 1 2 3 4