Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Paintsville 11/13
Poor Raceland don't have a chance , heck I'll be happy if they show up and have their uniforms on correct. I'm hearing they are all gonna fake having the swine flu so they don't have to play Friday night so I guess it's on to basketball or in my case wait to baseball season to start
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Poop Friction needs to slow down on the Tiger-Aide!!! Jetpilot was making claims like that last year, he crashed and burnt on his own runway before take off. I know PF is not a Paintsville guy, so I wont let one APPLE in the BOWL spoil the whole bunch. There's your transition for the Paintsville/Johnson Central thread jumping to start lol. Which i guess is better than nothing bc this thread is seemingly DOA.

Poop Friction
Pulp Sucktion

I'm not Jetpilot & Paintsville isn't Pikeville.

Paintsville is the Ronda Rousey of Class 1A football.
Nobody is on their level this year. Too much talent, too much muscle & too much speed for Raceland, Paris, Pikeville & Beechwood to handle.

Paintsville has already made history this season.......
10-0 - First time since 1978
District 5 Champions

These are going to happen, but they still have to go through the motions.
Region 3 Champions
Semi-State Champions
Class 1A State Champions

The talent pool that has supplied JC & Paintsville with the Top Ranked teams in their respective class is incredible.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I hope that's not what happens. If it does you need to fire your coach.
Paintsville- 38
Raceland- 7
Could be much worse.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Poor Raceland don't have a chance , heck I'll be happy if they show up and have their uniforms on correct. I'm hearing they are all gonna fake having the swine flu so they don't have to play Friday night so I guess it's on to basketball or in my case wait to baseball season to start
wow are things that bad in ram land?
Paintsville- 42
Raceland- 14
Yelp it's bad , they are tying to scape a team together , heard coach was gonna talk to some jfl kids parents and see if they will play Friday night if not I guess it will be a forfeit , swine flu has a hold of the whole team
Like I said last time tigers by 18!:welcome::welcome:
I just hope that we can come out and play with some give a shit like we have the last 2 weeks and avoid stupid penalties. Nathaniel has been much better the last two weeks, but I think our line is a little banged up so that will be something to watch out for.

Idc if we get beat by 100 as long as kids arent watching WR catch the ball over the middle and watching them run into the endzone and corners arent sitting and waiting for a back to get to them instead of persuing and making a play.

Its one thing to get ur rear end handed to you in a hat. Quite another to lay down and let it happen. I still think the loss to Fairview caused alot of what happened the following week in the Rams/Tigers first match up. But even with the last two weeks looking better, we will need to play with everything we have, avoid dumb mistakes and turnovers, and keep Paintsville's offense off the field as much as possible to even have a chance to win this ball game.
This Raceland team never reached their potential, although I'm not sure what that potential was. They certainly never panned out to be the State Title contender that Bronson, Nut and several other Ram fans swore they would be. They never came close to replacing the defensive backfield that graduated last year. The Rams have improved some over the last couple of weeks, but the line play is still questionable and the defensive backfield looks absolutely lost at times. There's just not enough talent to overcome what Paintsville puts on the field. I expect the score to be similar to the first time around.
I will be honest, I expected us to struggle early on, I predicted a 8-2/7-3 season. So at 6-4 in the regular season, I wasnt that far off. I expected a learning curve at QB/WR what I did not expect, was us to struggle so much in the secondary and absolutely didnt expect so many dumb penalties and the "going through the motions" that this team has had issues with. Usually dont see that from a Jr and Sr heavy team. I am most certainly on board with the fact that we are nowhere near the team I thought we would be, not even in the ball park. But it is what it is at this point. Hopefully we can be the miracle of 2015, but I dont expect it, though I havent lost all hope either.
If you watch film of Raceland games it's clear what they struggle with, they don't block on the edge at all even when they split out Kyle and Carson , it's like when they split out the lose the ability to block . Next is our line misses so many blocks this I don't understand it's the same line as last year , time after time you see other teams stunt to the inside and are never picked up, I'm sorry but I could play better corner than poor josh I don't know what he's looking at kids just flying by him it happens every game , last Friday Brossart had kids 20-30 yards behind him all night just a good thing their qb didn't look up . Lastly is play calling I wish we would throw across the middle , I'm pretty sure they have stayed away from middle to help Nathaniel but to me that time has passed its win or go home , hit Kyle down the seam , cherry, Howard on some slants where they can catch and run , all the sideline throws don't allow them to run its a catch and they are down. i would scoot my corners up the line and play physical if the get beat long so be it because they are getting beat now anyway , that's just my opinion Raceland has a good coaching staff and will make adjustments from the first game . Hey that's a advantage Raceland has over Paintsville they can't get anything out of the first time they played Raceland if I was their coach I wouldn't even watch that film
8 out of the 10 teams Raceland played this year are still play playing in week 2 of the playoffs . That's pretty impressive
anotherfootballnut Wrote:If you watch film of Raceland games it's clear what they struggle with, they don't block on the edge at all even when they split out Kyle and Carson , it's like when they split out the lose the ability to block . Next is our line misses so many blocks this I don't understand it's the same line as last year , time after time you see other teams stunt to the inside and are never picked up, I'm sorry but I could play better corner than poor josh I don't know what he's looking at kids just flying by him it happens every game , last Friday Brossart had kids 20-30 yards behind him all night just a good thing their qb didn't look up . Lastly is play calling I wish we would throw across the middle , I'm pretty sure they have stayed away from middle to help Nathaniel but to me that time has passed its win or go home , hit Kyle down the seam , cherry, Howard on some slants where they can catch and run , all the sideline throws don't allow them to run its a catch and they are down. i would scoot my corners up the line and play physical if the get beat long so be it because they are getting beat now anyway , that's just my opinion Raceland has a good coaching staff and will make adjustments from the first game . Hey that's a advantage Raceland has over Paintsville they can't get anything out of the first time they played Raceland if I was their coach I wouldn't even watch that film

I'm definitely not Josh's father but I think it's sad that you call a kid out on a forum, especially a player from our own team. He has made a few mistakes but not a player on the team, from the QB to the line to the secondary hasn't made mistakes. If you're gonna say anything about an individual player it should be positive. Any negativity should be directed at the entire team or core such as the line, secondary, linebackers, etc.
After all, they are just young men trying their best to win a game and provide entertainment for fans and old fart like you and me.
The only film the players and coaches are watching this week are Raceland films.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:I'm definitely not Josh's father but I think it's sad that you call a kid out on a forum, especially a player from our own team. He has made a few mistakes but not a player on the team, from the QB to the line to the secondary hasn't made mistakes. If you're gonna say anything about an individual player it should be positive. Any negativity should be directed at the entire team or core such as the line, secondary, linebackers, etc.
After all, they are just young men trying their best to win a game and provide entertainment for fans and old fart like you and me.

U never know buddy I might be his dad , but to be fair I shouldn't have said his name . But when I thought Nathaniel has struggled not a word was said or Carson or anyone else . But ur right names shouldn't be said in a negative way
BigMelon63 Wrote:The only film the players and coaches are watching this week are Raceland films.

Good , watch the Raceland Paintsville game about 2 trillion times that's the best Raceland has played all year
In regaurds to "calling kids out", I dont think AFN said anything that was deemed out of line or too much. Imo, if we can get on here and sing praises, we should be able to say what we feel kids need to work on as well. Im not advocating bashing or belittling a kid to the point of slander, fact of the matter is they all make mistakes, hell we all do. But to say Josh needs some work, or Nathaniel has to take better care of the football, or Reece needs to hold blocks longer, imo, is just part of the discussion. Ive called out Kane on here a few times, not to bash him, but bc I know alot of the players read this stuff and it fuels their fire. We only say these things because we all want them to be successful.

Win lose or draw, no matter what school, i am proud of each and every kid from flag through varsity that puts cleat to grass, straps on a helmet, runs a route, catches the game winning ball, fumbles away a victory, or stands on the sideline, never to play a snap. They all love the game, if they didnt they wouldnt be out there. Thats my ten cents any way.
Rams can wipe away all the disappointments of this year with a win Friday. For what ever reason the pieces of the puzzle have not come together for Raceland this year.
Saw the stats where Snyder and Christian had 40 carries vs. Brossart and both ran for over 100 yards. Granted Brossart isn't Paintsville but you can have success running against Paintsville. Constantly feed those two the ball, move the chains and shorten the game and Raceland just might hang around...that's a "might" lol.
I agree JP! We were totally out of synch the last go around. Backs didnt hit holes when they were there, line didnt produce space when the backs did run hard. Will we be good enough to win? Its not likely, atleast imo, but, this will be a different ball game this Friday. Kane, Carson, Nathaniel and And Bailey all three feed off of each others success. Kane is our work horse, Carson is the shifty back, Bailey is a combo kid with sleed wnd strength, if they are all successful off tackle, it opens up the middle. I really like Paintsville's old school 5 man front defensively. Their nosegaurd caused us major issues last time. Hopefully we have schemed away to neutralize him some this week. The last two weeks we have really ran the ball more than usual, which has opened up the passing game and made nathaniel more comfortable in the pocket, now thwt our backs are picking up on blitz reads.

Its a tall order to perform a 50 point turnaround, but if we take care of the football and can keep our offense on the field more than 18 seconds and our defense can get off the field on 3rd down, we can win this ball game. Rather or not those things will happen remain to be seen.

I also dont think Paintsville over looking anyone in the playoffs will happen, especially after what they did to Pikeville last year.
All I can about the first game is Raceland could not play any worse and Paintsville did everything right , I can not see these group of seniors going out that way , I could be wrong but I just don't think they will lay down especially knowing they will never put the Raceland uniform on again , correct me if I'm. Wrong but I don't think any of the seniors are playing football next year so add the fact they will never play football again to that . I'm not saying they will win but I am saying they have a shot , and I don't see them going out laying down
jetpilot Wrote:Saw the stats where Snyder and Christian had 40 carries vs. Brossart and both ran for over 100 yards. Granted Brossart isn't Paintsville but you can have success running against Paintsville. Constantly feed those two the ball, move the chains and shorten the game and Raceland just might hang around...that's a "might" lol.

mights (mites for those that want to be picky) are on a chicken's hind end:biglmao:
Paintsville scores at will Friday, their strength of schedule has prepared them well :flame:
Two Johnson County teams are gonna beat out two Greenup County teams on the same night, in the same town.

Greenup County < Johnson County
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I predict this game to be closer than the first meeting between these two. I look for Raceland to stay in the ball game without a running clock. Paintsville wins it 45-26
Tigers in a cakewalk.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:U never know buddy I might be his dad , but to be fair I shouldn't have said his name . But when I thought Nathaniel has struggled not a word was said or Carson or anyone else . But ur right names shouldn't be said in a negative way

Who's your daddy :1:
Insert smart ass comment here>
^^^literally laughed out loud on that one. There is certainly no shortage of them on this site!! Kind of like a cyber tailgate for hyperbowl lol