Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland @ Paintsville 11/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Paintsville hosts Raceland for the 2nd time in less than a month. The last meeting was one-sided with the Tigers winning 50-7. Who wins this rematch between two of the most storied programs in 1A?

In the First Round Paintsville defeated Bracken County 50-24 with their JV/Freshman playing the final three quarters.
Raceland traveled to Bishop Brossart and escaped with a 22-14 victory.
Really don't think the Rams can handle the Tigers. Tigers 45 Rams 14
First they didn't escape , Brossart scored on two long passes other than those 2 plays they did nothing , the game wasn't as close as the score makes it sound , the refs kept it closer how those guys got a playoff game is beyond me , they wasn't cheating Raceland they were just bad . But Raceland did nothing in that game to make me believe they will best Paintsville Raceland was very lucky Brossart's qb was not very accurate because They had wide open receivers all night long, same kid getting burnt play after play ..
Sorry that the word escape offended you. I would consider driving 2 hours to play a higher seeded team that had 1 loss entering the game, and beating them by 1 score as "escaping", especially since they were lucky that BB's quarterback wasn't very accurate as you said. I guess I should have just said that they dominated but got lucky that Brossart didn't have a good QB.
Can we wait till Monday to start this thread? I'm too busy this weekend to swat the trolls.:Thumbs:
Pupaw Wrote:Sorry that the word escape offended you. I would consider driving 2 hours to play a higher seeded team that had 1 loss entering the game, and beating them by 1 score as "escaping", especially since they were lucky that BB's quarterback wasn't very accurate as you said. I guess I should have just said that they dominated but got lucky that Brossart didn't have a good QB.

No , you should've said I have no idea what I'm talking about but I like to stir the pot !!
BigMelon63 Wrote:Can we wait till Monday to start this thread? I'm too busy this weekend to swat the trolls.:Thumbs:
you should have plenty of trolls considering you are playing the mighty rams! ill still take the tigers in a bit closer game. hard to beat a team twice in one year!!

tigers 38

rams 22
Good Luck Rams. Gotta a feeling Raceland keeps this game a lot closer then people think and give themselves a chance at a upset.
I think Raceland plays this one closer than the first game but Paintsville still has too much.

Paintsville 35
Raceland 12
Imo 2014 was a major learning experience for the Tigers. Had they used last year's backfield like they have this years, I think they might be looking at a repeat regional title this year. They are really mixing things up well.

Raceland's effort, desire, and for a lack of better words "give a shit" is back, Kane Snyder is doing his absolute best to lead this team by his example of never stopping on either side of the ball. The last two weeks, Idk how many yards he has after contact, but it has to be high. Carson Christian looked more like his old self last night as well and Nathaniel is taking better care of the football and doing enough to keep 8 out of the box. The last two weeks we have looked more like the team that I thought would take the field. Downhill between the tackles, QB just needs to take care of the football, and a defense that bends but doesnt break and by games end, our OL/DL are wearing teams down.

Wiiiiiiith that said, I would love to sit here and predict a Raceland win. I just cant do it. I do not however think we will be ran off the field and out of town with our tails tucked like last time though and Paintsville will know that we were there.

I do think that if we dont have dumb penalties and manage to convert on 3rd down, while continuing to play how we have been the last two weeks, we will be in position to win this game. I feel though, that Paintsville will pull away late and the game will be alot closer than the score indicates.

Paintsville 42
Raceland 28
Raceland just isn't tough up front. Lineman stand straight up & get no push.
Paintsville - 42
Raceland - 14
This is Paintsville year folks the writing is on the wall. DEFENSE can get you to Bowling Green in 1A...Rest your starter mid way in the third. Confusedinglepar

Paintsville 49
Raceland 13
Running clock by the 2nd qtr.

Two of Paintsville's wins in their 15-0 season is gonna come against Raceland.
If Raceland can play with the same fire that Bracken did in the 2nd half, they have an excellent shot.:flame:
Paintsville is on a roll and should get the win. I think it will be closer than the first matchup, but 40+ point turnarounds don't happen that often in a matter of a few weeks.
I agree Painstville is a dominant force. No way anyone not named Beechwood takes down the biggest baddest meanest line in the state woo. Led by the best linebacker since Butkus the best Qb since Elway. Team of absolute destiny. Chirco is a modern day Lombardi and supporting cast like like the early 90s Cowboys or 85 Bears . :lmao::please: pass me a cup of purple Koolaid please.
much of the same from 1st game. rams absolutely not in same class with tigers this year. not sure anybody is.
Tigers by 26
Raceland will not best the tigers this year. Paintsville puts this one away by the second quarter and wins by 28+
Raceland will give a better showing the 2nd time around but the talent Paintsville has is too much. Carson Christian had to be Safety and Corner last game. If we don't find another DB to help out it will be a running clock 2nd Q! I truly hope the cash register is closed this week, It is an insult to their other players and bad sportsmanship to the our team.
Paintsville 34 Raceland 14
Paintsville 35-14
RUNtheBALL Wrote:I agree Painstville is a dominant force. No way anyone not named Beechwood takes down the biggest baddest meanest line in the state woo. Led by the best linebacker since Butkus the best Qb since Elway. Team of absolute destiny. Chirco is a modern day Lombardi and supporting cast like like the early 90s Cowboys or 85 Bears . :lmao::please: pass me a cup of purple Koolaid please.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2056/1736...dee862.jpg
Tigers 35-14
Raceland... Don't make the trip down U.S. 23.

A victory for you guys will be to keep Paintsville from putting a running clock on you by halftime.
Poop Friction needs to slow down on the Tiger-Aide!!! Jetpilot was making claims like that last year, he crashed and burnt on his own runway before take off. I know PF is not a Paintsville guy, so I wont let one APPLE in the BOWL spoil the whole bunch. There's your transition for the Paintsville/Johnson Central thread jumping to start lol. Which i guess is better than nothing bc this thread is seemingly DOA.
Cash register sound effect has been axed.
BigMelon63 Wrote:Cash register sound effect has been axed.

I heard your coach didn't approve
Have to agree with Pulp on this one. This Ram bunch is not physical at all. They get pushed around up front & don't fly to the ball.
He didn't and they hired a professional to run the P A system. It was pretty good Friday.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6