•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Lawrence County 10/2
The Rams win a tough one on the road before district play begins.

Raceland 32
Lawrence 20
you cannot pick a game based on a common opponent, every game is different on friday night. i think lc having time to heal and rest for two weeks gives us a slight edge.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Everybody talking about our pass defense. If the Bullfrogs gave up almost 500 yds on the ground to Greenup County. They may never see the ball on offense. if they cant stop the run. They better make the most of every possession because they will have limited posessions

500 yards never happened. I think greenup co. Reported 270 something and lc reported to 230 something. That is what each team reported to khsaa.
Dawgs as healthy as they have been since the betsy layne scrimmage. We have several that will be out forthe year. May get wellman back for playoffs but ddoubtful. It is time for the dawgs to put it all together. Regardless of how this game turns out the coaches need to play the line up that they believe gives lc the best chance against Belfry, pike central, and sheldon clark. If the bigs for lc cannot stop the raceland run game it will be a long night on pond creek in a fee weeks.
Rams take 2 in a row in Louisa. 33-19
LC coaches are done play younger guy on defense they now know who can play and be sub in to help now everyone will see the big boys are def and can get bigger at nose guard. I'm going to say offense will be a spread and at will open the middle up for the run
Lawrence 35 to 34
If Lawrence co runs the spread that's great because Raceland has ran it for years and practice against it every day
With Davidson getting healthier every game, that makes the running game alot more dangerous. And I feel the change on the OL after game 2 has given alot more mobility to the line to enable more blocks per play and more down field blocking. Jamison has shown to be able to take the hit after catching the short route passes. The D will show up as usual and the O is beginning to fall in place. I would just stay away from the deep kickoffs on special teams.
Rams will be ready !! ! !
Lc does not run a spread they are going to throw about 15 to 20 times and the rest will be read option. Lc is going to do what they do and if you can stop it you will most likely win. If you can't you are going to lose, it is just that simple. Lc had no problems moving the ball last year, they just could not hang on to it ( credit the rams defense) I don't think lc will have 7 turnovers in this game.
Last years game was indeed closer than the score indicated, but, Raceland still had to cash in on the gifts they were given by way of fumbes and interceptions. So i still think Raceland wins without the gifts last year, but by half to a quarter of the margin. This years Rams arent as explosive, but are starting to figure themselves out. Nathaniel looks alot better throwing the ball deep, after he has hit a couple short 5-10 yard routes, which leads me to believe he is still lacking a great deal of confidence. But, he looked in redible in the 2 minute offense. I also liked the Jet Sweep wrinkle we put in last week. Using Cam Webb and Austin Howard in the running game as well just about solves our issues with not having enough speed to get outside the edge. Couple that with our ground and pound, Jamison finally getting the receptions ive said he needed all year, makes are offense nearly what it was last year, (minus messer, theres no replacing that kid, not even by committee...i admit i was wrong there). I due however think we have found our possession reciever in Jamison.

In regaurds to special teams, as good as we do getting downfield on coverage when going with an onside kick, or squib, i dont know why we would ever kick it deep. Things seem to be turning the corner in Ramland. If we can go to Louisa and win comfortably, not even in a blowout, (which i think we will), I will be a firm believer that we are back on par with what the preseason feelings were. Right now, the competition hasnt been stiff enough to tell since the Valley game.
Messer was one of kind, tall, fast, good hands, great at reading the field and finding the open spot. At saftey he was tall enough that he could see over the line and tell weather a run or pass was coming which allowed him to get into postion for run support, or close on a receiver which he needed to do.
dawg fan Wrote:Messer was one of kind, tall, fast, good hands, great at reading the field and finding the open spot. At saftey he was tall enough that he could see over the line and tell weather a run or pass was coming which allowed him to get into postion for run support, or close on a receiver which he needed to do.

We had a rare gift of a secondary last year. Lots of height. Messer at 6'4", Young was 6'1" or 6'2" and Dixon was 6", plus they were all great atheletes. This year's secondary is almost, if not just as atheletic, but not are short. They are coming around and learning though. Had alot of holes to fill, we are doing so, its just taken longer than many of us thought.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:We had a rare gift of a secondary last year. Lots of height. Messer at 6'4", Young was 6'1" or 6'2" and Dixon was 6", plus they were all great atheletes. This year's secondary is almost, if not just as atheletic, but not are short. They are coming around and learning though. Had alot of holes to fill, we are doing so, its just taken longer than many of us thought.

It was a great move bringing grizzle to the sidelines from up top to be with Nathaniel I think it's help a lot , he's been there and knows what Nathaniel is going through
We have more talent than last year but translating that into a position has been a little slow along with injuries. Robert Dalton is great athlete, but he is learning the playbook still at the end of the greenup game we had to use our last timeout because he was not sure were to line up. Keesee 1st time ever at running back not youth league or middle school not till this year, he will out run his blockers from time to time, he has had the bad ankle but I think he is back to about 90 percent. Lc has about 17 or 18 seniors this year, and if the are going to have a shot at belfry the coaches need to have the best 11 on the field whenever possible starting with raceland. Raceland is much faster pace offense than belfry, I think they should play the line they feel gives them the best shot in the district games.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:It was a great move bringing grizzle to the sidelines from up top to be with Nathaniel I think it's help a lot , he's been there and knows what Nathaniel is going through

I agree 100%. Nathaniel has two great coaches that have been in his shoes. Grizzle and Adam Elkins both started from their soph seasons until they graduated. Two of the best QBs if not possibly the best (throw Tyler Boyels in there as well...probably the smartest football kid ive ever known/seen) that Raceland has had. Having them down there is huge imo as well.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I agree 100%. Nathaniel has two great coaches that have been in his shoes. Grizzle and Adam Elkins both started from their soph seasons until they graduated. Two of the best QBs if not possibly the best (throw Tyler Boyels in there as well...probably the smartest football kid ive ever known/seen) that Raceland has had. Having them down there is huge imo as well.
Yes Adam as well , has to be very calming for Nathaniel to have them to go over things on the sideline during the game. Not that salmons isn't a good coach but he's not the calmest person during the game and for a kid that's never played qb before having Adam and Scott with him has to help
Absolutely, Mike has a great staff in place. Several of which, imo, could be great head coaches as well. Francis does great with the middle school program too. Funny thing though...

I guess everyone is out of smack talk since this thread has been going for two weeks lol. We are actually talking football!! But oh how the week is young!lol
I'd have to give this game to the Rams. Not by a lot but probably a few more weapons than LC. I'd say the Daltons will have given up football by that time and Raceland will be starting to get into rhythm.
DevilWatcher Wrote:I'd have to give this game to the Rams. Not by a lot but probably a few more weapons than LC. I'd say the Daltons will have given up football by that time and Raceland will be starting to get into rhythm.
neither dalton has given up football as well as the rest of the team. raceland is just another scrimmage game to get ready for district play. hopefully the rams will provide a better game than fairview.
Rams 42

dawgs 36
Raceland wins, it will be close however. Dalton's should have went to Belfry for football like most West Virginians do.
I think this is the game the bulldogs come out and put it all together. i could be wrong! I think kiser will have probably one of his bests games. these seniors havent forgot the butt kicking raceland laid on them last year. the raceland secondary will get a true test on friday night, but with that said so will the dawgs defense line. its gonna be a fun game to be at.
scrappy coco Wrote:Rams 42

dawgs 36

Mark this date down! Scrappy picked the Rams to win a game.

:insane::what::Hammer3:
I have a question for you LC fans. I have been hearing all about these Dalton boys all season but I also understand that one has been out all season with an injury. Is this kid even in good enough shape to play at a high level?Even if he has been working out and staying in shape, actually playing the game of football is a completing different type of conditioning. I just don't see how he can be expected to come out and physically be able to play with guys who are in mid-season form.

Another question I have is will he disrupt the rhythm of the team? LC has been playing very well without him so far and you have to wonder if it could have negative effects on dynamics of the team when he returns especially if he is taking time away from players who have earned their spots. It would be different if it was the first or second week of the season but it is late in the season now and tension and resentment could build if a guy who hasn't played all year is now taking a starting position from someone who has been there all year and earned the position.
Orange Blaze Wrote:I have a question for you LC fans. I have been hearing all about these Dalton boys all season but I also understand that one has been out all season with an injury. Is this kid even in good enough shape to play at a high level?Even if he has been working out and staying in shape, actually playing the game of football is a completing different type of conditioning. I just don't see how he can be expected to come out and physically be able to play with guys who are in mid-season form.

Another question I have is will he disrupt the rhythm of the team? LC has been playing very well without him so far and you have to wonder if it could have negative effects on dynamics of the team when he returns especially if he is taking time away from players who have earned their spots. It would be different if it was the first or second week of the season but it is late in the season now and tension and resentment could build if a guy who hasn't played all year is now taking a starting position from someone who has been there all year and earned the position.

I'll start by saying Timmy is not a football kid he's a basketball player playing football but he's a freakish kind of athlete that won't have much trouble jumping into the lineup but all of Raceland players know he don't like contact and he's gonna receive plenty of that on Friday night so will his brother Raceland is a very physical team . I heard something last night and if it's true it's gonna be a long night for the dogs , I was told their linebackers are undersized like around 160-170 size if that's true . Raceland has Isaac Wallace 6"1 265 niece at 6"0 280 that play guard heck Racelands qb is 6"0 205 that's a lot of pounding to take at 160-170
I don't think anyone expects or should expect Timmy to come out going 100% in his 1st game back from injury but this is basically the last game we have before district play so it is important to get him some game reps and get back into the speed of things. As far as being a disruption, I don't think there are any selfish players on this team that worry about touches. LC uses so many different players running and catching the ball that none of them really take a majority of ball anyways. Timmy is a big time weapon for this team and even if he rusty, he must be accounted for. This game is important for LC as every game should be but the bottom line is that win or lose it will help tremendously in getting us ready for Belfry and the rest of the season. Raceland will be the toughest opponent we have faced thus far and I am very excited for Friday.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I'll start by saying Timmy is not a football kid he's a basketball player playing football but he's a freakish kind of athlete that won't have much trouble jumping into the lineup but all of Raceland players know he don't like contact and he's gonna receive plenty of that on Friday night so will his brother Raceland is a very physical team . I heard something last night and if it's true it's gonna be a long night for the dogs , I was told their linebackers are undersized like around 160-170 size if that's true . Raceland has Isaac Wallace 6"1 265 niece at 6"0 280 that play guard heck Racelands qb is 6"0 205 that's a lot of pounding to take at 160-170

I think one of our starting LB's is under 200lbs. Horton, Schaeffer and Simpkins are over 200 I think. Ross also plays LB at times and he is probably around 250. Would have to hunt up a roster list to get the exact weights though.
Best of luck to the Doggies with only one loss to a solid Montgomery Co squad the Oct 9 likely District Title matchup @ Belfry is shaping up to be a solid game.

LC over the Rams by 10.
0ff The Chain Wrote:I think one of our starting LB's is under 200lbs. Horton, Schaeffer and Simpkins are over 200 I think. Ross also plays LB at times and he is probably around 250. Would have to hunt up a roster list to get the exact weights though.

That would be a better match up , three linebackers under 200 is trouble against a big line even if they are fast , after three quarters of getting hit by 250 plus lineman the 4th would be hard on them
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next