Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland @ Lawrence County 10/2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I know it's way early for this one, but I couldn't resist lol. Who you got and why?
:pondering:
In 2013 both teams played in a heck of a game at Raceland that in my opinion we should have never won. We were pretty young and inexperienced in that game but we won 38-35. Last season we were a year older and more experienced but this whole team had a total melt down and Raceland gave us a huge dose of reality beating us 47-14. No way Raceland should have beat us that bad, this game should have been close and competitive like in 2013. A lot of kids and Seniors on this team who played in that game last year and it left a bad taste in their mouth. Everything tells me this should be a close battle including our only common opponent in Grennup County. People can try and say that Raceland was just that much better last season but our season from that game on shows different. Two short weeks after that Raceland disaster we went on to play eventual 3A champion Belfry in a very good game that was neck and neck all the way to the last few minutes of the 4th and we took the lead in that game at one point. We also had a pretty good year in the 3a playoffs. I think we are going to see a game a lot like the one in 2013. We have two full weeks to get ready for this one. That gives us some time to get some people healthy and as everyone knows Timmy Dalton comes back in this one. This will be the first game where both Dalton brothers will be on the field at the same time. That in my opinion is two of the best receivers, two of the best athletes and two of the fastest players in the mountains on the same offense. That is going to be very hard to defend. A lot of Raceland people are familiar with Timmy and what he can do but Robert is new. They look a lot alike in uniform but Robert is a little shorter and quite a bit faster and quicker in my opinion. We got to use this extra time to prepare and work on the run defense. I think our big d line will be in for most of this game. I just hope for a good, competitive and injury free game that both teams can learn a lot from and get better because of.
To this point of the season coach has ran two completely different defensive lines. That small line has done a very good job against the pass this year shutting teams like Fairview and Greenup down in the passing department, but when that small line gets stuck out there and the other team decides to run we get ran over at times and the same thing happened in the Boyd game. I think the Greenup coach figured this out and took advantage of it all night. No coincidence that he would run all the way down the field, but when Lawrence put the bigs in close to the red zone he would immediately start passing. This same scenario played out all night on every drive and I think the Greenup coach spotted it in film. We need to either find a middle ground of size and speed on the line or do better at guessing when it's pass or run. We got away with this against Fairview because they were passing 90% of the time. We have some fast and athletic kids in the defensive backfield who can pick 6 you at any time and have pretty good pass coverage if that big ugly D line don't get to the QB. When that big line has been out there against the run this year our run defense is a completely different monster.
I just got done watching the Greenup game in it's entirety on Hudl. I was spot on because we started the game with the small defensive line and had it on the field most of the game and every time we put the bigs in (even if it was 1st and goal) the Greenup coach would start calling pass plays. On a side note I noticed that right after we threw threw the game winning pass Timmy Dalton was streaking down the sideline jumping up and down with no brace on...........his knee is fine and I would say he is going crazy wanting to get out there with his brother. I think Timmy will have a little extra fire under him for the Raceland game. I also noticed on a few plays Robert was getting triple and even quadruple teamed on some pass plays lol. I hope that happens when Timmy is back!
Just not sold on LC's defense. Raceland gave up -2 yards to Greenup in rushing and Greenup put up 400 yds rushing and had 2 guys go for over 120 yards. Raceland's pass d is suspect right now, but it will get ironed out in the next 2 weeks. Lawrence looks better right now than a year ago, lots of weapons, but I like Raceland in this one. But we gotta deal with Portsmouth West this week. See u all on here in this friday night and the smack talking can begin!lol
So we get to go two weeks of you telling us how the Dalton boys are going to run all over us.Great....it's going to be a blast these next two weeks.I think I will avoid this BGR for the next 14 days.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Just not sold on LC's defense. Raceland gave up -2 yards to Greenup in rushing and Greenup put up 400 yds rushing and had 2 guys go for over 120 yards. Raceland's pass d is suspect right now, but it will get ironed out in the next 2 weeks. Lawrence looks better right now than a year ago, lots of weapons, but I like Raceland in this one. But we gotta deal with Portsmouth West this week. See u all on here in this friday night and the smack talking can begin!lol

I promise you Scotty we are much better at defending the run when we have the big line out there. We haven't needed it very much against anyone to this point this year until Greenup last night. Every time we put it in they would start passing but they paid for it dearly with some interceptions and one that was almost a pick 6. Just about every time Greenup did try to run against our big lineup they got stuffed at the line of scrimmage. I think you will see our run defense in most of the game against you guys because I think your the best run team on our schedule to this pint. Coach is trying to keep the bigs healthy and rested as much as possible. I look for a very close hard hitting game in two weeks.
:Thumbs:
RAMDAD50 Wrote:So we get to go two weeks of you telling us how the Dalton boys are going to run all over us.Great....it's going to be a blast these next two weeks.I think I will avoid this BGR for the next 14 days.

No one is saying the Daltons are going to run all over you, but I think its going to be very hard to shut that combination down. If you key on one the other will burn you. We also have pretty good pass protection. Greenup was bringing the house at times against our O line but we were still finding time for the throw. Yes Greenup did get some good running yards but so did we. Not one team this year has stopped our run game including Montgomery County who is the best team and defense we have seen to this point. It's going to be a good close hard fought game and I think either team can win.
:Thumbs:
RAMDAD50 Wrote:So we get to go two weeks of you telling us how the Dalton boys are going to run all over us.Great....it's going to be a blast these next two weeks.I think I will avoid this BGR for the next 14 days.

Is this the same person who got a little ahead of himself on the Lawrence-v-Greenup update thread when he was thinking Greenup was going to win talking about all that sub-par football we play down here?
:thatsfunn

:gtfo:
If the bigs had started and played from the beginning of this season the stats and scores up to this point would have been totally different. But like I said on other threads Coach Prince is working on something with the smalls and younger boys giving them more playing time to make them better. Come district time I believe you will see the bigs start and some older boys play both ways. Right now we have got a lot of freshmen and sophomores playing but by letting them play gives them playing time and will make them better. You will see them as backups and you will see Kiser on defense like you did with Greenup.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Just not sold on LC's defense. Raceland gave up -2 yards to Greenup in rushing and Greenup put up 400 yds rushing and had 2 guys go for over 120 yards. Raceland's pass d is suspect right now, but it will get ironed out in the next 2 weeks. Lawrence looks better right now than a year ago, lots of weapons, but I like Raceland in this one. But we gotta deal with Portsmouth West this week. See u all on here in this friday night and the smack talking can begin!lol

I do find it a little odd that no one is questioning how Greenup got 400+ yards rushing,(witch I think was a smidge of home cooking on the stats) yet only have 15 points to show for it though.
:pondering:
#32 is a fr #44 is a fr #6 is a so # 12 is so #14 is so #72 is a so Don't get me wrong these guys are doing good for there age Come district time I see bigger old guy starting and they come in is relief
flip a coin. Dawgs by a TD!
I wonder how many yards gc had when are big we're on the field
Rams by eleventy billion again!
According to the paper, Greenup had 492 yards on 69 carries, that's eye opening for sure.
LC's defense will have to toughen up in the trenches and get off the field better this game. Raceland will not make the same mistakes that GC made trying to throw the ball when their run game was working fine. I think the key to this game for LC is to throw the ball more than we normally do,maybe go 4 wide to get Raceland spread out and work in the run here and there with that. Will be tough sledding to try and force the run on them without having them spread out. I also think the size and speed of all our wr's will create a lot of mismatches that we have to exploit. I love watching this match up because I like both teams but damn I hate the fact that one of them has to lose. Preferably the Rams lose this year. LC wins 28-21.
LCDOG 87 Wrote:If the bigs had started and played from the beginning of this season the stats and scores up to this point would have been totally different. But like I said on other threads Coach Prince is working on something with the smalls and younger boys giving them more playing time to make them better. Come district time I believe you will see the bigs start and some older boys play both ways. Right now we have got a lot of freshmen and sophomores playing but by letting them play gives them playing time and will make them better. You will see them as backups and you will see Kiser on defense like you did with Greenup.
kiser and shafer both on defense 2nd half plus a bigger line. shafer stuffed the 4th down gc play to get the ball back for the final drive. lc coaches now know what combos work on defense. these are all scrimmage games until district play. i have not seen the stats from lc/gc game but i would say lc slowed gc way down in the 2nd half. raceland will have the pleasure of facing the full package. coaches will use this game to dial it all in against a quality team. lc will sub on specific downs on both offense and defense. you will see an offense with both daltons on the field as one of the best tight ends in this neck of the the woods. an interchangeable 5 man backfield. slot receivers such as richardson or chaffins or shaffer lining up with a dalton on both sides of the field is scary good. like i've said before the success of this team is totally on the coaches shoulders. lc has not had this much talent in several years. i am looking forward to this game. it should be a thriller baring turnovers a penalties.
Ramcat77 Wrote:According to the paper, Greenup had 492 yards on 69 carries, that's eye opening for sure.

yeah um..they had a lot of yards but that number right there sounds a bit off. They ran the ball well but had no really long runs. A few 10-12 yarders at best and they had some long,drawn out drives that kept us off the field but it also limited possessions in the game for them too. I don't think they had enough possessions to even get close to that amount. I wasn't exactly writing all the yards down or anything so maybe it was possible if they counted their yards that got taken away by penalties also. :pondering:
dawgbyte02 Wrote:kiser and shafer both on defense 2nd half plus a bigger line. shafer stuffed the 4th down gc play to get the ball back for the final drive. lc coaches now know what combos work on defense. these are all scrimmage games until district play. i have not seen the stats from lc/gc game but i would say lc slowed gc way down in the 2nd half. raceland will have the pleasure of facing the full package. coaches will use this game to dial it all in against a quality team. lc will sub on specific downs on both offense and defense. you will see an offense with both daltons on the field as one of the best tight ends in this neck of the the woods. an interchangeable 5 man backfield. slot receivers such as richardson or chaffins or shaffer lining up with a dalton on both sides of the field is scary good. like i've said before the success of this team is totally on the coaches shoulders. lc has not had this much talent in several years. i am looking forward to this game. it should be a thriller baring turnovers a penalties.
I hope you are right and LC plays their best players. I have no problem with the way they have played a lot of the younger guys and then bring the bigger ones in on goal line situations and such because it has worked so far and it has got some other guys some great experience to build some depth. I don't think the Rams are a team they can afford to play around with though and although this is not a district game it kind of needs to be treated as one with Belfry looming closer. It is gonna give me an ulcer having to wait 2 weeks to watch this one. :flame:
Ok here it is the big line when in 5 time first time gc on 35 stopped 30 in first Quarter sec time on 35 gc got TD third time on 25 end in a pick 4th time on the 40 TD 5th on the 15 stopped 15 for 80 yards o the big line the younger smaller guys stopped them 2 times now in the 4th Quarter old guys #7#24 along with some younger guy and some big lineman they 63 yards I didn't want to get in to deep come district I believe we will see the bigs and older guys no one will are best defense till then on the field
I believe the coaches have done a very good job this year so far I think they got a good plan if everyone stays healthy raceland will see some of are best defense players I don't think it will be a blow out by no means I believe it will be a great game the coaches will be fine tuning it if it all come together we will be dangerous come district I think we will see Timmy and Robert on defense to at safety
If Lawrence County is considering all of the pre-district games to be nothing more than scrimmages and not playing their best defensive players, then I would assume they will treat the Raceland game the same. If this is the case, then they will get humiliated. I thought Lawrence might win this game initially, but giving up so much yardage to Greenup tells me this might be a repeat of last year, just another blowout.
nekysportsfan Wrote:If Lawrence County is considering all of the pre-district games to be nothing more than scrimmages and not playing their best defensive players, then I would assume they will treat the Raceland game the same. If this is the case, then they will get humiliated. I thought Lawrence might win this game initially, but giving up so much yardage to Greenup tells me this might be a repeat of last year, just another blowout.

You don't get points for the most yardage, the only thing this game showed is that lc can win in any type of game. Lc put up more points on gc than any team this year. When lc had to they shut gc down, and when they had to they scored and gc could not stop them. Lc went on the road and got the W that is all that counts.
I'm really liking the support the coaching staff is getting on this thread :Thumbs: We all have to support this team from top to bottom and it looks like we are. I know at the start of the season that wasn't the case. I think LC will be prepared and and win this game but it will be an old fashion slobber knocker as it always is. And as someone said they will be tuning everything in on this game getting ready for district play. I hope they can because as everyone knows Belfry is like no other Beast we have or will face this year. This is also the game I think I will make the 4 hour drive down to Louisa to watch this year. Wishing for a injury free game for both side GO DAWGS.
Raceland wins this game.
0ff The Chain Wrote:yeah um..they had a lot of yards but that number right there sounds a bit off. They ran the ball well but had no really long runs. A few 10-12 yarders at best and they had some long,drawn out drives that kept us off the field but it also limited possessions in the game for them too. I don't think they had enough possessions to even get close to that amount. I wasn't exactly writing all the yards down or anything so maybe it was possible if they counted their yards that got taken away by penalties also. :pondering:

Warnock and Byrd had 50 carries combined. Hunt and Wright added another 19.

I'm taking this information straight out of the box score.
After watching GC play both teams easy call Rams-35 dogs 7. Will be a battle of the trenches which will be won by Raceland.
I don't think I'm get my point across are coaches started and played 2 freshmen 3 sophomore when they could started the old big guy 4th quarter they played a mixture of the to and stopped gc
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8