Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCracken Co 37 Mayfield 31
Oh jeez step away for a Lil bit an a cat fight breaks out...lol... truth is take away their turnovers an game is not close... yes we gave it our all.. but the game is never 100% perfect.. that is wat allows some of the best teams to lose.. it sucks ,it really does but we gave it a great go.. and as for their coach.. class act.. he did nothing but praise mayfield an how tuff we were on Mc post game wrap up on radio.. he went on and on about us.. talked as a great coach should.. oh not to poaky the bear but if Lil 55 would not had kicked the Mc player while he was down, personal foul an 1st down would not had been awarded allowing a td drive to pursue ,considering we had them 4th an long...but things like that are part of the game we played and lost but valiant effort cards ... would love to see stats.. I feel like they owned us.. maybe they didn't but just felt that way... kill bill don't worry bout him he is just excuse happy...
Not excuse happy. I just simply don't feel like Sidney would me those normally but, he did. That is the way the ball bounces. As far as the personal foul, that's not what happened. He came in and hit the kid very hard on the tackle and in the excitement uttered a couple words he shouldn't have. He knows he shouldn't have but, got caught in the moment bit only made the kick 5 yards closer, which I don't think really made a huge difference on the kick. They are kids and make decisions at times before their mind gets in gear. But, I think overall they were really 2 pretty evenly matched teams, they just had a little more size and the ball bounce their way a little more. We had our chances as they did. We just didn't get her done. I think both teams played their hearts out for the third time in a row and I look forward to this meeting again next year. It surely cannot be as good as these 3 games.
Tilghman which is an average team, held Hughes to 37 yards rushing. They did that by controlling the time of possession.

Mayfield fans are used to winning and do not take hard looks at their team. I also have seen a lot of great Mayfield teams and this one is not there yet at this point in the season: way too many fumbles, mistakes and penalties that have to be corrected. I'm sure they will fix all of it. But this is still a potent team. There is not much dishonor in losing to a decent 6A team in overtime at home.

Mayfeld supporters - I hope you don't sneak the for sale sign in front of your coach's house during the night, like you did the last time.
2 really good teams in a hard fought game. Someone has to win and someone has to lose. I admire the comeback by the Cards and regaining the lead in the 4th after being down a couple of scores. The killing play was when McCracken got stopped at the 16 yard line, bringing up a 4th down and goal and then the 10 yard unsportsmanlike penalty, giving the Stangs the ball at the 6, where they kicked the tying field goal with just over a minute left. A 33 yard FG is much tougher than a 23 yard f/g. They may make it either way, but, it sure made things easier. Even so, Mayfield got the ball back at their own 9 yd line and drove it down their throats and moved it all the way to the Mustang 28 yard line, where they missed a 45 yard FG that would have been the game winner. That just showed me how quick they can strike and you can never count them out. On that last drive, Bright was a missed tackle away from taking it to the house on a couple of occasions on that last drive.
Mayfield will be okay
Forgive the orange, and blue boy for asking, but someone clarify what was going on with about 15 seconds left when the clock was still running, and Coach morris started screaming up at the clock operator "what are you doing" was the clock supposed to be running or not they run appx 10 seconds off then stopped it again.
E's Army Wrote:Mayfield will be okay

I agree, some on another site called them soft, and the Desales fans over there are guaranteeing they are better than McCracken. I know this hurts Mayfield in a lot of peoples eyes, but McCracken would be ranked if not for the Tilghman loss. Not saying Tilghman aint good, but my eyes tell me McCracken is better than Tilghman, but who knows maybe Tilghman layed an egg against Mayfield. The play between the better teams in the area make you scratch your head. Murray, Graves, Tilghman, McCracken all have a game they looked good against a descent team in. They all also have a bad loss to a team they should have gave a better game with. Mayfields loss aint to bad cause it was at least close thanks to some McCracken turnovers. Ive seen games before like this the last few years, where you wonder if they are good enough, but by end of the year they prove the doubters wrong.
One thing i noticed was the difference in height of all the Mustang players, i think this gave Landon fits all night passes being tipped in the middle of the field by players who normally arent involved in the play. Seems he could not get a little air under the ball to get it to intended receiver consistently and on those missed field goals they were getting penetration on every kick rushing Herndon just an observation on my part but it was a hell of a game.
Was a heck of a game for sure. Mayfield beat up on Zyaire Hughes for much of the game with the exception of very early, and very late in the game. I never thought about the height being the cause of the tips, but you are right they tipped a bunch of them last night, and took the short game away. They couldn't seem to give Arnett enough time for a long pass. Poor Bright took a pounding as he was getting nailed in the backfield as soon as he had the ball, but he stuck with it and id say he kept them in it on offense. 1 Thing im surprise McCracken didn't expose. Kevin Caldwell is 5ft 6, and many times had single coverage on number 8 who was listed at 6ft 4. McCracken never attempted it to him when covered by Kevin Caldwell. Ray Charles could have seen that mismatch. There was some brutal hits in the game last night glad no one was hurt.
The way Tilghman hammered Graves Co this week, maybe they're better than what they showed against Mayfield. I still think it was an upset that they beat McCracken Co, but, Mayfield's OL played much better against PT than they did this week and the Mustangs just have more playmakers, plain and simple.
:hilarious:
pjdoug Wrote:Mayfield is getting soft like a cream puff.

On a side note the kids on the Desales team must have some huge:biggrin:on their faces today.
It will be okay Mayfield can save their sprinkles for next week.
ontopofthewest Wrote:Oh jeez step away for a Lil bit an a cat fight breaks out...lol... truth is take away their turnovers an game is not close... yes we gave it our all.. but the game is never 100% perfect.. that is wat allows some of the best teams to lose.. it sucks ,it really does but we gave it a great go.. and as for their coach.. class act.. he did nothing but praise mayfield an how tuff we were on Mc post game wrap up on radio.. he went on and on about us.. talked as a great coach should.. oh not to poaky the bear but if Lil 55 would not had kicked the Mc player while he was down, personal foul an 1st down would not had been awarded allowing a td drive to pursue ,considering we had them 4th an long...but things like that are part of the game we played and lost but valiant effort cards ... would love to see stats.. I feel like they owned us.. maybe they didn't but just felt that way... kill bill don't worry bout him he is just excuse happy...

They did own us, or maybe I should say Mayfield since ive been banned from red/black, and ordered to wear orange/blue. Im fixin to get a Paducah sun ill post stats unless Mayfieldsportsfan beats me to it. When Mayfield was up early I really felt like McCracken had 10 times the yards at that point, but Mayfield up due to turnovers. The 2nd half seemed a lot better than the first for Mayfield on both sides of the ball. When McCracken drove the field, and scored on 1st possession of 2nd half they could have hung there heads down 2 scores, but didn't. Got to love the fight in the Mayfield boys.
Do-double-gg Wrote::hilarious:

On a side note the kids on the Desales team must have some huge:biggrin:on their faces today.

Let them smile. Ive never heard of a big grin winning a ball game for a team. Desales deserves to be number 1, but will have to earn keeping it on the field.
Stats not complete, but here is what little the Paducah sun had.

Rushing
Jones/McCracken 13-77
Hughes/McCracken 18-88
Bright/Mayfield 40-233

Passing
Jones/McCracken 16-25-201
Hughes/McCracken 1-1-80
Arnett/Mayfield 7-23-55

Receiving
Woods/McCracken 9-193
Lanphear/McCracken 4-58
Kennemore/Mayfield 3-38
Killbilly? Why do you keep getting on other team threads instead of your own. That could be considered rude.:thatsfunnConfusednicker:
Crossbones Wrote:Killbilly? Why do you keep getting on other team threads instead of your own. That could be considered rude.:thatsfunnConfusednicker:

Ive been asked to not be a Mayfield fan anymore, so I thought id troll the Belfry, and Corbin threads. If you are going to be unwanted, and hated I figure might as well go all out, and be the best at it. You need to worry about Boyle County, and not my trolling.
Crossbones Wrote:Killbilly? Why do you keep getting on other team threads instead of your own. That could be considered rude.:thatsfunnConfusednicker:

Believe me if guys like Killbilly and some of us rednecks with nothing to do doctors office would go broke. Keep the good fight up Killbilly ymca :Cheerlead
Thanks for the stats kill..... wow they shut our passing game down , I did not realize it was that bad... 7 for 23 ... crazy he had been like close to 85% completion raito up till this point... our qb is too short to be throwing over the middle short routes like that... timming routes an slants. Along with some more screens.
ontopofthewest Wrote:Thanks for the stats kill..... wow they shut our passing game down , I did not realize it was that bad... 7 for 23 ... crazy he had been like close to 85% completion raito up till this point... our qb is too short to be throwing over the middle short routes like that... timming routes an slants. Along with some more screens.

I didn't know it was that bad either. Im curious as to how many was tipped, im thinking a half a dozen. I didn't realize Bright had that many yards I would have guessed 175. 55 yds passing well I would have never believed any team in the state not named Trinity could hold them to that. The deep pass from Arnett to Kennemore didn't even work when they went for it, and its always been an automatic 6.
Scary thing about Mccaracken according to the program I bought, all there skill players that hurt Mayfield besides Zyaire Hughes are Juniors. They should be tough next year.
Losing this game will help Mayfield much more in the long run than hammering a fulton-
Do-double-gg Wrote::hilarious:

Why would they be smiling? It's one game. We could very easily lose to Fern Creek this week. They are looking really good.

I do however in my own opinion think we would beat a McCraken team. I see them a lot like Ballard, which was big, and fast. We physically dominated Ballard. Our defense punished them.

November is a ways away. A lot of things can happen between now, and then. Lets just focus on who's in front of us each week, and things will sort themselves out. I will say this though. If mayfield is having any problems on either side of the line, they will be in trouble against a DeSales. We play a physical brand of ball. That Defense is pretty nasty again this year.
The one thing I take out of this game and can build off of is the fact that Mayfield didn't play their best game and was still right there at the end with a chance to win. Anytime you hold them to a 7-23 night thru the air, you've done something, Give McCracken credit for playing great pass defense, but, I don't believe Mayfield will have another game where their offense is as stagnant as it was this week. Arnett wasn't his typical self and a lot of credit to McCracken for shutting it down, but, I'm confident the Cards will learn from it and get better for it.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:The one thing I take out of this game and can build off of is the fact that Mayfield didn't play their best game and was still right there at the end with a chance to win. Anytime you hold them to a 7-23 night thru the air, you've done something, Give McCracken credit for playing great pass defense, but, I don't believe Mayfield will have another game where their offense is as stagnant as it was this week. Arnett wasn't his typical self and a lot of credit to McCracken for shutting it down, but, I'm confident the Cards will learn from it and get better for it.

Good point. This is not the first time ive seen them in a game that appeared the other team was quite a bit better, but they always seem to be there at the end even against more talented teams. With that type of night in the passing game they should have been beat by 20. Who knows Desales may be quite a bit better, but sometimes being better isn't good enough against a team that refuses to quit.
Just seen something about this from a Graves fan in attendance for this game on the other site so I figured id ask about it here. Anyone notice the tent on the visitor side with a tv under it where the players could watch replays of there last series while off the field. Wasn't asking to stir the pot. Has anyone seen this before. Is that where Kentucky high school football is headed getting that high tech. I though it was strange to when I was at the game. Someone questioned was it legal, and im sure it is cause why would you do it in the open like that if it wasn't legal. Football is definitely becoming an even more expensive sport if that is where it is headed.
mysonis55 Wrote:2 things, if we make 1 of the first 2 field goals we missed, we win.

Next, if a team picks up a new player to the team Monday, how can he be elligible to play Friday. That's right #40. Zyaire Hughes' brother at nose.

Field goals are only worth 3 points, so when you lose by 6 how does 1 FG win the game?? Just curious if a FG was worth more out West. Confusednicker:
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Field goals are only worth 3 points, so when you lose by 6 how does 1 FG win the game?? Just curious if a FG was worth more out West. Confusednicker:

Well out west when a game goes into OT. It means the score was tied at the end of regulation. Which means any 1 of the 3 missed FG's in regulation would have tallied an extra 3 points, which means in western terms no overtime necessary.Confusednicker:
killbilly usmc Wrote:Well out west when a game goes into OT. It means the score was tied at the end of regulation. Which means any 1 of the 3 missed FG's in regulation would have tallied an extra 3 points, which means in western terms no overtime necessary.Confusednicker:

I remember a game like that last year in Bowling Green. I guessed it time to stop making excuses for mayfield losing. Killbilly tell mysonis55 it's OK. :thanks:
64SUR Wrote:I remember a game like that last year in Bowling Green. I guessed it time to stop making excuses for mayfield losing. Killbilly tell mysonis55 it's OK. :thanks:

The only excuse ill give is McCracken County had 1 Heck of a team, and was alittle to much for the Cardinals on that night.