Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCracken Co 37 Mayfield 31
The record falls.. Mc is for real. .. out played us !!
ontopofthewest Wrote:The record falls.. Mc is for real. .. out played us !!

Mayfield is getting soft like a cream puff.
Congrats to MC. Good learning experience for Mayfield
Didn't think this would happen, congrats McKracken
pjdoug Wrote:Mayfield is getting soft like a cream puff.

:hilarious::notworthy
Wow what a game. No excuse from me the better team won. The line must get a lot better. I cant believe McCracken lost to Tilghman now after seeing both teams. Desales should be the clear cut number 1. Id say McCracken is a top 10 6a team. This is why you cant always compare scores.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Wow what a game. No excuse from me the better team won. The line must get a lot better. I cant believe McCracken lost to Tilghman now after seeing both teams. Desales should be the clear cut number 1. Id say McCracken is a top 10 6a team. This is why you cant always compare scores.

DeSales will hammer Mayfield.
pjdoug Wrote:DeSales will hammer Mayfield.

Im not throwing in the towel that easy. You may be right, but I wont quit on Mayfield because I know there is no quit in them.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Im not throwing in the towel that easy. You may be right, but I wont quit on Mayfield because I know there is no quit in them.

Mayfield never throws the towel inSmile
pjdoug Wrote:Mayfield never throws the towel inSmile

They never do that's what I love most about them. They are overmatched sometimes, but you know they will be there in the end.
2 things, if we make 1 of the first 2 field goals we missed, we win.

Next, if a team picks up a new player to the team Monday, how can he be elligible to play Friday. That's right #40. Zyaire Hughes' brother at nose.
They have a roster of 120 or so kids if you count the freshmen. Honestly we should be proud to play them so close all three times.
mysonis55 Wrote:2 things, if we make 1 of the first 2 field goals we missed, we win.

Next, if a team picks up a new player to the team Monday, how can he be elligible to play Friday. That's right #40. Zyaire Hughes' brother at nose.

Im no going to make those excuses. How about if our line didn't get there butt kicked we win. How about if we would not miss tackles we win. Don't cheapen Mccrackens win they kicked our Butts.
Do you realize how whinny that sounds? You just barely got beat by a 6A school and crying over one new player as if he made the difference in the whole game. I honestly respect Mayfield and their accomplishments so please don't change that over one loss.
Did I say they didn't win. I simply pointed out that we missed 2 field goals in the game that would normally go through with Sidney and we would have won if not. I bet he didn't miss 3 field goals all of last year. That isn't cheapening anything. If you have issues with that, wear orange and blue.
Crossbones Wrote:Do you realize how whinny that sounds? You just barely got beat by a 6A school and crying over one new player as if he made the difference in the whole game. I honestly respect Mayfield and their accomplishments so please don't change that over one loss.

I agree im not worried about Zyaires brother. Zyaire Hughes breaking tackles, and dragging Mayfield players like they where tin cans was the problem. They had 2 other good RB's, and there Qb is fast to. There line kicked our butt, Mayfield did well to keep it close. Time to move on learn from it, and get better.
mysonis55 Wrote:Did I say they didn't win. I simply pointed out that we missed 2 field goals in the game that would normally go through with Sidney and we would have won if not. I bet he didn't miss 3 field goals all of last year. That isn't cheapening anything. If you have issues with that, wear orange and blue.

You didn't say they didn't win, but you also didn't say they did. You did start making excuses as to why Mayfield lost though. And yes you are cheating it, whether you want to admit it or not.
I feel your pain on the fg Mysonis55. :truestory: If it makes you feel better Corbin got drill by a 2A team tonight. Atleast you guys got beat by a 6A :igiveup:
mysonis55 Wrote:Did I say they didn't win. I simply pointed out that we missed 2 field goals in the game that would normally go through with Sidney and we would have won if not. I bet he didn't miss 3 field goals all of last year. That isn't cheapening anything. If you have issues with that, wear orange and blue.

What does the orange, and blue comment mean. Those missed kicks wasn't all Sydney at least 1 of them seemed to be a low snap that threw off the timing. Sydney didn't have his best night came up short getting a few kickoffs to the endzone, a couple punts that wasn't as good as usual, but McCracken moved the ball for the most part better than Mayfield. The better team won.
Once again, if we don't miss just one of those we win. I didn't take anything away from them. They played very well. They have lots of players. But, if you watched the game, we missed 2 kicks he normally makes. Either would have won the game. I'm not sure how many games out of 10 we could have won against them but, I bet we wouldn't miss both of those kicks any more out of 10. Plain and simple. The orange and blue referred to your home.
We lost, we will learn and hopefully be better. Now, as to the missed tackles, we have some of the best tacklers there are around. That is why this kid is and SEC recruit. Don't slight our tackling. Go back to blue and Orange and see if the tackling there can please you.
mysonis55 Wrote:Once again, if we don't miss just one of those we win. I didn't take anything away from them. They played very well. They have lots of players. But, if you watched the game, we missed 2 kicks he normally makes. Either would have won the game. I'm not sure how many games out of 10 we could have won against them but, I bet we wouldn't miss both of those kicks any more out of 10. Plain and simple. The orange and blue referred to your home.

Ouch lowblow never heard that about the Marshals before. All crying about losing belongs on the Pikeville thread.
I'm not crying. We lost. It's a good loss to a good team. We will get better. I simply pointed out that Sidney is wayyyy yo reliable for that to happen. It was a strange way for us to lose. And yes, that was the difference because we drove down the field twice and came up empty. If we didn't, we win. But, that's football. That's why the ball is shaped funny, strange things happen.
mysonis55 Wrote:We lost, we will learn and hopefully be better. Now, as to the missed tackles, we have some of the best tacklers there are around. That is why this kid is and SEC recruit. Don't slight our tackling. Go back to blue and Orange and see if the tackling there can please you.

Wow all this is uncalled for. What a sore loser. You just make the whole fanbase look like shit. Im well aware he is an SEC recruit. Just saying when a number of players have him in there grasp, and don't get him down give credit to Hughes, and to McCracken County.
Dude, line your a-- up and see if you can catch him let alone tackle him. He is a freak. He has 4.3 speed, is big and shifty. Don't take away from our boys. They laid it on the line. They went toe to toe and did their best. It wasn't hard to see the difference in size at almost every position and we were still there. Tackling that kind of dude after fighting through that size line has to wear on you.
I think the dogging our boys for not tackling as you think they should is uncalled for. We will be better. If you are a true fan you should not belittle them for giving the kind of effort they did. We have played the much larger 6a team 3 years in a row and out of all those games they have a 6 point advantage. Pretty darn good. I bet if you ask them, they know our boys were hitting as hard as anyone they have faced or will face.
Didn't know wanting to give Hughes, and McCracken credit was a bad thing. McCracken made the plays down the stretch to win, Mayfield didn't. How is it any worse to say players had chances to tackle him but didn't. But its ok for high and mighty 55 to single out a kicker and lay it on him. They lost as a team, and you cant lay it on 1 player. You are a real piece of work. It would be best for me to not respond after this before it gets out of hand. You have a nice day.
Let's get this straight. I'm not blaming anyone. I just said that if we played ten times I don't think he would miss anymore. He is too dependable. I said before, I don't think he missed that many all of last year. I bet he won't miss that many in all the remaining games this year. Kickers have a very tough job, they are always the hero or the goat. All that matters was he was the hero in Dec and hopefully he will be again this year.
Regular season gears you up for the playoffs.Teams do learn from losing.
Tough loss for Mayfield but like all other good teams they will get better. Wish I could have seen this one!