•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Tigers 2015
pjdoug Wrote:You forgot to list WilliamsburgConfusednicker:

Wburg has some good guys comin back defensively and im sure the cupboard isnt all dust wnd cobwebs, they have a good staff to get the kids prepared. I just gotta go with them losing so much tallent. Leading reciever, passer, both leading rushers, entire line on both sides and the secondary. They have good LBs returning, but theres too many wholes to fill to give them a major knod. The east will be a battle though, thats for sure.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Wburg has some good guys comin back defensively and im sure the cupboard isnt all dust wnd cobwebs, they have a good staff to get the kids prepared. I just gotta go with them losing so much tallent. Leading reciever, passer, both leading rushers, entire line on both sides and the secondary. They have good LBs returning, but theres too many wholes to fill to give them a major knod. The east will be a battle though, thats for sure.

64 wont be happy with this post Confusednicker:. Did Williamsburg's returning players not play more than the starters did last year? lol
pjdoug Wrote:64 wont be happy with this post Confusednicker:. Did Williamsburg's returning players not play more than the starters did last year? lol

Williamsburg had to many games last year with a running clock. Games would be over in 30 minutes in second half instead of and hour. Confusedhh:
Yes but how much points did those those kids score?
bac2369 Wrote:Yes but how much points did those those kids score?

not very many bac2369. :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:not very many bac2369. :popcorn:

Thats my perception. I think their decense will be fine, which will keep them in ball games. It will be up to the offense to put points up and try to leep the defense off the field. Now, back on to Paintsville, this thread has strayed consistantly with all the Kash Money talk, but thats understandable.

Who do u Paintsvillains, see being contributors other than Kash and Phelps. Who is goina fill the spots left other 2 LB spots and the wholes in the secondary? Hendricks, though he was a great athelete, wont behard to replace, he just wasnt around long enough due to eleigibility.
I'm actually looking forward to following the Tigers this season primarily to see how well Kash handles the pressure of being the biggest recruit in the mountains in a long time. I've known Kash personally for quite awhile and I honestly see this young man doing big things, simply because of his confidence and work-ethic alone.
Channing Fugate was a solid player a few years ago.....
But I hope to see the young man play this year..
I expect Kash to have a massive year defensively. But they gotta find him some help. If he has to make every tackle and be 80% of their offense, i worry about his health. He is a work horse but a KID is still a KID and he cant do it all on his own. I think he will have the help on offense. Defensively is where the TEAM needs to step up more. Their secondary wasnt very good at stopping the run last year, if Kash didnt make a tackle or clog things up, they gave up big chunks of yardage. Any of you Paintsville guys know who will replace Belcher and Trimble defensively?
bac2369 Wrote:Channing Fugate was a solid player a few years ago.....

Oh, I didn't mean as if there hasn't been great players come out of eastern KY. I actually had the pleasure of taking a visit to Tennessee for a football game when Fugate was a captain for the coin toss.
Spud6 Wrote:Oh, I didn't mean as if there hasn't been great players come out of eastern KY. I actually had the pleasure of taking a visit to Tennessee for a football game when Fugate was a captain for the coin toss.

I agree.. Tennessee sure who dooed. Channing should of went else where. I think Kash will make the best choice for him and hopefully the same wont happen to him..
Trimble will be back, I would imagine that phelps and miller will play safety as they did previously before they were injured, and the other corner from last season was a freshman. Add to that a few other underclassman that got playing time last year and the secondary should be improved. Only one DL graduated including back ups and two of the starting LB will be back.
BlueCrew34 Wrote:Trimble will be back, I would imagine that phelps and miller will play safety as they did previously before they were injured, and the other corner from last season was a freshman. Add to that a few other underclassman that got playing time last year and the secondary should be improved. Only one DL graduated including back ups and two of the starting LB will be back.

Wow. More coming back than I thought. Defense is where tightly matched games are won. Hopefully paintsville's experience will help improve them as a team on that side of te ball.
bac2369 Wrote:I agree.. Tennessee sure who dooed. Channing should of went else where. I think Kash will make the best choice for him and hopefully the same wont happen to him..

this right here man, I hope this doesn't happen as well!
Trimble will be key in the secondary, good feet and can break up
passes well. Look for Dalton Daniels to have a big year and Morris at LB. Tough schedule for the Tigers coming up
TigerBlues Wrote:Trimble will be key in the secondary, good feet and can break up
passes well. Look for Dalton Daniels to have a big year and Morris at LB. Tough schedule for the Tigers coming up

Yea, much tougher schedule, some nice matchups to see where the top 10 in the east match up with each other. Looking foward to the Frankfort and Williamsburg matchups.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Yea, much tougher schedule, some nice matchups to see where the top 10 in the east match up with each other. Looking foward to the Frankfort and Williamsburg matchups.

The key for the Tigers this year will be to stay healthy. I know that goes for all teams but with their numbers in the depth chart it will be the make or break for them. I like Childers to have a big year with some of the freshman like Baldwin and Lemaster and his cousin Jonathan the senior
TigerBlues Wrote:The key for the Tigers this year will be to stay healthy. I know that goes for all teams but with their numbers in the depth chart it will be the make or break for them. I like Childers to have a big year with some of the freshman like Baldwin and Lemaster and his cousin Jonathan the senior

That is why, even with Kash's prowess these days, I think Raceland holds the upper hand in the district. Raceland has quite a bit of depth on the OL/DL, RB, and LB position and will likely have 2 recievers and 2 DBs playing one way and a couple lineman, playing one way. A few fresh set of legs can make a big difference come playoff time. Especially when there's not much of a drop off between your 1s and 2s.
Not sure about this season, but i believe only one OL/DL went both ways last year and losing only 1 lineman all together, younger players coming into their own i see that being the same. i am not sure about this but i heard the numbers were around 40 for spring practice at 6:00 am, i think this bodes well for the Tigers depth. not saying that other teams wont still have more but i dont believe the stereotypes of the down years at Paintsville apply.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:That is why, even with Kash's prowess these days, I think Raceland holds the upper hand in the district. Raceland has quite a bit of depth on the OL/DL, RB, and LB position and will likely have 2 recievers and 2 DBs playing one way and a couple lineman, playing one way. A few fresh set of legs can make a big difference come playoff time. Especially when there's not much of a drop off between your 1s and 2s.

You dont think Fairview can win that district?
pjdoug Wrote:You dont think Fairview can win that district?

Imo, all 3 teams in this district will be head and shoulders above their counterparts in the playoffs (possibly by 4 tds each), but Raceland returns an entire backfield (with a new qb) that put up over 1400 yards rushing alone against Paintsville and Fairview in the regular season and playoffs combined and a defense that only gave up around 600 yards of total offense in the same 4 games and outscored those same opponents 153-41 shutting out Paintsville the first time around. Now, Paintsville did a major turn around and only lost by 2 TDs to Raceland the second time around. So growth was made for sure. I just think that neither Paintsville or Fairviews run defense will be able to do enough to keep Raceland off the field. Paintsville has a shot at knocking Raceland out of a repeat, but I dont think Fairview is on the same level as their counterparts in the district. Fairview will finish 3rd IMO, but all three teams will probably combine for a .750 winning percentage in the district. All should go 6-4 or better. I see Raceland and Paintsville both at 7-3/8-2.
Great article in the Lexington Herald today about Kash Daniels and Paintsville football program and coaches
Yahtzee!
Yahtzee is right ! #BBN going to be great watching the Cats and Kash ! Congrats to the Paintsville program and what a huge day for all of Ky !
I hope Belfry and Paintsville never play in anything. The Tigers have become my "other program" that I just can't help but cheer for.

Actually, I almost moved to Paintsville in middle school and would've been a Tiger and threw a fit. We ended up staying here in Belfry.
I am hearing the Tigers are at almost 50 kids at practice right now, is there any truth to that?
pjdoug Wrote:You dont think Fairview can win that district?

No.
I dont think fairviews defense will be good enough to take this district. Paintsville has a stud in Kash, a very good RB in Phelps, and a good all around athelete and skill guy in Trimble. Their line will be pretty experienced, but so will Raceland's. Everyone in the district loss some key players, but Fairview was still a few steps behind Paintsville and several behind Raceland. Raceland should be a very hard defense to score on, im hearing good things about the secondary, which was goina be my main concern on that side of the ball. Also hearing good things about Austin Howard and John Cherry looking good at WR on the intermediate game. So I expect Raceland to take the district snd Paintsville to make a strong push to keep Raceland away from a 3 peat in the district and region. But Fairview, imo, even sith an improved running game/defense, Alex Roy and the Washington Kid, wont have enough chances to score with the rushing attack of either Raceland or Paintsville.

It's Raceland's district to lose, Paintsville cant be over looked, Fairview is solid, but not on the same level as the other 2. I really like our district though. We should come out smelling like roses until we have to play each other in the playoffs. Quite possible to see our district have a combined 25+ wins this year. I think all of us will finish up 6-4 or better and i dont expect Paintsville or Raceland to lose more than 2 or 3 regular season games respectively.
I got my first looked at Kash Daniel this weekend at UK. This guy is for real. Wow :Cheerlead
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next