•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Class A Pre-Season Top 10
64SUR Wrote:SCOTTY my understanding Williamsburg has around 34 kids out for spring football right now. With about another 10 or 12 playing baseball and track....Should have around 44 or more player when the season begin. I know nothing else spending most of my time watching 3A corbin practice.....I want to beat mayfield Confusednicker:

Good numbers out for a single A school. Especially for spring practice. Hate to burst ur bubble, but with all that MF returns, I think they are probably a 2 td favorite on a neutral site. FWIW though, I think Wburg, Beechwood and possibly Raceland/Frankfort would have beat corbin the last 2 years as well. Good luck to you and your merry go round of HS teams. I bet your mind is busted after each friday night in the fall lol
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Good numbers out for a single A school. Especially for spring practice. Hate to burst ur bubble, but with all that MF returns, I think they are probably a 2 td favorite on a neutral site. FWIW though, I think Wburg, Beechwood and possibly Raceland/Frankfort would have beat corbin the last 2 years as well. Good luck to you and your merry go round of HS teams. I bet your mind is busted after each friday night in the fall lol

I hate to busts your bubble SCOTTY.....Corbin should have been playing Belfry for the 3A Championships last year. And corbin would have laid a smack down on belfry. I know for a fact that Corbin would have put a running clock on Raceland,Frankfort and Beechwood.... Now I am going to reserve the rights on Williamsburg and corbin predictions. :lmao: merry go round and radio helps a lot when you cheer for more than one team. I spilt my time last year between Williamsburg and Corbin. :Cheerlead
Quit 64, you are scaring me. Maybe we are in over our heads. I can't wait.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Good numbers out for a single A school. Especially for spring practice. Hate to burst ur bubble, but with all that MF returns, I think they are probably a 2 td favorite on a neutral site. FWIW though, I think Wburg, Beechwood and possibly Raceland/Frankfort would have beat corbin the last 2 years as well. Good luck to you and your merry go round of HS teams. I bet your mind is busted after each friday night in the fall lol

:thatsfunnConfusednicker: @ Raceland beating Corbin.
64SUR Wrote:I hate to busts your bubble SCOTTY.....Corbin should have been playing Belfry for the 3A Championships last year. And corbin would have laid a smack down on belfry. I know for a fact that Corbin would have put a running clock on Raceland,Frankfort and Beechwood.... Now I am going to reserve the rights on Williamsburg and corbin predictions. :lmao: merry go round and radio helps a lot when you cheer for more than one team. I spilt my time last year between Williamsburg and Corbin. :Cheerlead

Should've, could've, would've...
64SUR Wrote:I hate to busts your bubble SCOTTY.....Corbin should have been playing Belfry for the 3A Championships last year. And corbin would have laid a smack down on belfry. I know for a fact that Corbin would have put a running clock on Raceland,Frankfort and Beechwood.... Now I am going to reserve the rights on Williamsburg and corbin predictions. :lmao: merry go round and radio helps a lot when you cheer for more than one team. I spilt my time last year between Williamsburg and Corbin. :Cheerlead

I like you 64, but dang corbin with a running clock over beechwood. The very team thet whipped Covington catholic. Id take beechwood last year over corbin, but I could see someone making a case for corbin, but no way on the running clock over beechwood.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I like you 64, but dang corbin with a running clock over beechwood. The very team thet whipped Covington catholic. Id take beechwood last year over corbin, but I could see someone making a case for corbin, but no way on the running clock over beechwood.

my running clock days are over for awhile. Thread killer ymca. Confusednicker:
64, Corbin could start scheduling some of those teams your former adopted team plays. Then you could get some running clocks.
mysonis55 Wrote:64, Corbin could start scheduling some of those teams your former adopted team plays. Then you could get some running clocks.

Going to :lmao: when corbin beats mayfield this year. :Cheerlead
Long time to wait to laugh. Wear your Cardinal red and support Mayfield. Be on the side with the W for once.
I read some where that the Stringer kid from Beechwood will not play but its not confirmed or anything yet.
I think those baseball kids will all be back at Beechwood this year. They want a title in their career. They now know their chances are a lot better starting this year. I'm sure they would like to be the senior class known for restoring order in Beechwood for the future.
^ I agree they should be eager at a chance to get a title but he may be wanting to stay healthy for there baseball scholarship.
A lot of venom. I think it is way too early to be so boastful for any team. As far as who would put running clocks on each other I think it is wise to remember football is all about match-ups and playing to/against each other's strengths.
Joey, relax. We are talking about all those schools of the disabled that the burg softened their schedule with over the past 3 years.
mysonis55 Wrote:Joey, relax. We are talking about all those schools of the disabled that the burg softened their schedule with over the past 3 years.

Thank the football gods mysonis55

Total yards in The State Championship game in 2014.

Williamsburg 372 yds
Mayfield 187

:truestory:
Total score in state championship:
Williamsburg 27
Mayfield 28

Mayfield 42
Williamsburg 0

Are we still crying about stats. It isn't the first time someone had more yardage than us and still got beat. Check the stats in 2010 vs Hazard or 2012 vs Fairview. If they didn't out gain us it was real close. Not so much on the scoreboard though.
Williamsburg had a nice run represented the east well but it's over for them , the team out of the east will be Raceland the next couple of years and the Ramblers will bring a state title back to the gravel pit
mysonis55 Wrote:Total score in state championship:
Williamsburg 27
Mayfield 28

Mayfield 42
Williamsburg 0

Are we still crying about stats. It isn't the first time someone had more yardage than us and still got beat. Check the stats in 2010 vs Hazard or 2012 vs Fairview. If they didn't out gain us it was real close. Not so much on the scoreboard though.

Nobody crying about the stats. You just keep talking about Williamsburg weak schedule it was enough to out manhandle you guys all over the field. Except for the score I get it. You won by 1pt in overtime in 2014. Confusednicker:
Man handle??? Explain that please!!! I remember the score at the half was 14-10 Mayfield. I remember the burg was down 21-13 in 4th and had to come from behind. Where exactly was the man handling. We did exactly what we did the previous week. We bent until they got by the goal and then limited their points. We took advantage of their mistakes and all. We still had a total passing package with Tyler running wildcat that we didn't even have to use and we won. I don't see this man handling thing. Is it an eastern thing to control the yardage and time of possesession that means a man handling? If it is, keep it out east. We prefer the winning thing instead of man handling.
Even you as a adopted die hard fan have to agree the schedule was very weak.
I will give you a clear cut example of how this works 64. In the 70's there were 2 great powers in NFL football. They were the beloved Dallas Cowboys and the hated Steelers. They met in 3 Super Bowls. The boys would have edged them in the number of Super Bowls won if, a receiver simply catches a wide open touchdown catch that hit him right in the numbers. He didn't and my boys lost. Ever since then I have heard how the Steelers owned that decade. This even though, short of that Super Bowl the Cowboys were the more successful team. No one remembers how close they came in those Super Bowl losses to the Steelers. They only remember that the Steelers won. That is truly how history works.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Williamsburg had a nice run represented the east well but it's over for them , the team out of the east will be Raceland the next couple of years and the Ramblers will bring a state title back to the gravel pit

I agree to an extent. I think with what Raceland has in the feeder system, coupled with their offseason work ethic and programs, that they will be hard to beat. Something else in our favor is the fact that the classes are really balanced in positions. We shouldnt be a "young" team across the board, for the next few years any way. Having enough kids field both 7th and 8th grade teams, having round 20 kids each, is how programs stay relevant. Not every class is loaded with 11 studs, but there should be enough in each class to keep us from needing to "rebuild" any time soon. The alignment helps alot as well. There arent any perinial powers in our region any more. But lord, we have been in a region with BW, NCC, LCA or Pikeville for over a decade.
It will def be our best shot at a title shot. Will we have enough to take down a Beechwood or a Frankfort each year? Only time will tell.
Beechwood returns a lot. They are physical and big across the board.
They lost a experienced line but return another senior line. I think maybe 1 or 2 starters on the line.
Beechwood had a few "down years" by THEIR standards, but I think they put that to reat by their season last year with the convincing wins over Franklin County, Cov Cath, and going toe to toe with Mayfield after being down a handful early on. Beechwood is heading back towards the direction of the later years of the 4A alignment. They should be the team to beat. With that said, ESPECIALLY, if they lose their RB and WR from last year to baseball, then I think their margin of being the clear shot number 1, is narrowed a great deal. Man is it August yet?
If the kids from Beechwood don't play then that cuts playmakers for a super offense that returned solid talent.
If BW loses the RB and WR from last year, it could really slow down their offense. All will not be lost though. Beechwood has huge numbers, especially for a 1A school. That is a luxury that Raceland (and Fairview was doing, before the sanctions) is slowly trying to build up. If you can have between 60-80 kids on a school in the bottom 2 classes, you are doing pretty darn good if u ask me. Which Raceland has had around 55-65 the last few season, now thats Frosh included. But having those numbers give you a greater ability to have more "studs per square yard" so to speak lol. So even if the baseball kids walk away from the gridiron, there's no doubt in my mind that BW will still have the ability to make it to BG.
Can we just talk about the fact that Its possible we might see Pikeville vs Paintsville in the semis to see who comes out of the east! If thats not awesomely EKY football idk what is!! Cant wait to see how it plays out!
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next