3.corbin
4.north
5.south
6.wburg
7.harlan co
8. Jackson
9. Whitley
10. It dont much matter from here
HCS Wrote:Corbin beat Williamsburg by 4 in double overtime in last year's district finals. Corbin lost three starters and Williamsburg lost one.
I could see someone picking Corbin higher, but I don't see how it's ludicrous to rank Williamsburg higher with a senior-dominated team coming back.
Williamsburg had a losing season last year with those players.
The Burg is a dangerous team in the 50th and 13th. I had the pleasure of watching them play this Summer and their a load!
I promise you Wburg will be A tough out.
Hard to ever count Corbin out at the big arena with Tony P. Top coach in region IMO.
I agree, it is hard to count Corbin out. I disagree that Tony P. is some sort of coaching genius though. First of all, its very disadvantageous for all the other teams in the region to play at the Arena almost every year for the regional tournament. These are basically home games for Corbin. I also think most would agree that Corbin seems to benefit from a lot of calls at that location. Despite all the disadvantages, Clay Co. didn't have any problem ending their season last year.
Professor 33
Maybe the dumbest statement I have ever heard.. How is it a disadvantage to all teams except Corbin?
Official are from out of region and No team plays there prior to tournament..
Not been a disadvantage to Clay!!
You are very naïve!
Flash154 Wrote:Williamsburg had a losing season last year with those players.
Skyler Griffith missed almost the entire season last year with a broken leg, do you think that might have affected Wburgs record last year...He was not 100% when he did get to play in the District...
The Burg will be the team to beat in the 50th
Top 4 in region
Max preps has SL as the team to beat. They have SL ranked 12th in the state.
I wish more teams put stats into maxpreps. Its fun watching the stat comparisons.
TheProfessor33 Wrote:I agree, it is hard to count Corbin out. I disagree that Tony P. is some sort of coaching genius though. First of all, its very disadvantageous for all the other teams in the region to play at the Arena almost every year for the regional tournament. These are basically home games for Corbin. I also think most would agree that Corbin seems to benefit from a lot of calls at that location. Despite all the disadvantages, Clay Co. didn't have any problem ending their season last year.

I couldn't agree more with your statement Professor33!!

Craze JACKET man Wrote:Professor 33
Maybe the dumbest statement I have ever heard.. How is it a disadvantage to all teams except Corbin?

Officials are normally from the 14th or 15th region; closer to proximity to Corbin than most of the other teams. Additionally, Corbin doesn't have to drive very far for games. In a school bus, Harlan County will travel 1 1/2 hrs to get there.

OldJacket Wrote:Skyler Griffith missed almost the entire season last year with a broken leg, do you think that might have affected Wburgs record last year...He was not 100% when he did get to play in the District...

Mr. Massey wasn't even on that team last year, and he's a beast under the boards!!

Coyoteman Wrote:I wish more teams put stats into maxpreps. Its fun watching the stat comparisons.

Stats mean little to me. They are notorious for being effected by little things.
Coyoteman Wrote:I wish more teams put stats into maxpreps. Its fun watching the stat comparisons.

Not a big fan of Maxpreps ratings, but it's a decent site for information about the schools that use it.
Originally Posted by Craze JACKET man View Post
Professor 33

Officials are normally from the 14th or 15th region; closer to proximity to Corbin than most of the other teams. Additionally, Corbin doesn't have to drive very far for games. In a school bus, Harlan County will travel 1 1/2 hrs to get there.
The travel aspect is what makes this such an advantage for Corbin. Closer for the team and for the fans. What's easier, an hour and a half on a bus or 10 minutes?
walterwhite Wrote:Not a big fan of Maxpreps ratings, but it's a decent site for information about the schools that use it.

I'm not either. Just trolling and having some fun. Confusednicker:
I was only saying Tony has a good team ready by region time. He doesn't always have the most talent, but he takes what he has and makes a hard-nosed competitive team each and every year. I respect that.
And walterwhite basically summed up the whole reason I even mentioned the arena. If it's in your town...thats a good advantage to have.
64SUR Wrote:my new ranking up to 7 teams now.

1. Clay County ( Still the team to beat )
2. North Laurel
3. Knox County Central
4. Corbin
5. South Laurel ( look out south coming )
6. Williamsburg ( 2-0 )
7. Harlan County

My new ranking up to 10 teams now

1. Clay County 8-0
2. North Laurel 4-4 (rolling the the dice in vegas )
3. Knox Central 5-3
4. Corbin 6-3
5. Whitley County 6-2 ( new team in my top 7 )
6. Williamsburg 3-0 ( I see something )
7. Harlan County 5-3
8. South Laurel 5-3
9. Jackson County 4-3
10. Barbourville 4-3

Sleeper team OBI Confusednicker:
1. Clay Co.
2. Knox Central
3. North Laurel
4. Corbin
5. Harlan Co.
6. Whitley co.
7. Williamsburg
8. South Laurel
9. Barbourville
10. Jackson Co.
11. Pineville
12. Bell Co.
13. Harlan
14. Lynn Camp
15. OBI
16. Middlesboro
17. Red Bird
South should be ranked ATLEAST 5-
6. They destroyed Whitley with much ease. And last 2 losses have been without 6'8 center and 6'4 bruiser, zach Allen. South isn't a team to sleep on. They also have the best home court advantage in the 13th by far. North is overrated. Stop broughton (even though that may be a hard task) and you win.
I don't understand why you bunch that think they know everything about every team suddenly are moving Whitley up in your rankings. You knew what kind of team Whitley would have. The team basically is the same team that beat Corbin last year. It is a shame you wouldn't place them higher from the beginning. Why did you make them prove what kind of team they have? They work hard and fight from the beginning tip--same as last year. You should have considered them before now.
Whitley has a good team and deserves to be ranked...The 50th is going to be fun to watch this year...
The 50th is very good.
50th is very tight. I rank these teams in this order.

Corbin
Williamsburg
South Laurel
Whitley Co.

The separation between 1 and 4 is very little. Whitley could easily win this district. Once South gets healthy, I may give them the nod.
Granny I hate to argue with you but Corbin/Whitley County does not border any 14th region counties. Clay is neighbors with Leslie County. Harlan County shares borders with Perry, Leslie and Letcher. Whitley County borders 13th and 12th region counties. Corbin is not in closer proximity to 14th and 15th region officials. Be glad we are not stuck with refs from the 13th. The 5 minute ride from their school to the arena is a big advantage.
Flash154 Wrote:I don't understand why you bunch that think they know everything about every team suddenly are moving Whitley up in your rankings. You knew what kind of team Whitley would have. The team basically is the same team that beat Corbin last year. It is a shame you wouldn't place them higher from the beginning. Why did you make them prove what kind of team they have? They work hard and fight from the beginning tip--same as last year. You should have considered them before now.

Flash154 I rank team every week on how they are playing right now. I didn't consider them untill they beat Knox Central and Boyle County...Whitley may go up and down with my ranking just saying.Please rank your top 10 you are a Williamsburg hater. Confusederiously:
I'd love to see Knox healthy. It is un-telling what they could do with a full starting lineup with this new style of play
BigSteve Wrote:I'd love to see Knox healthy. It is un-telling what they could do with a full starting lineup with this new style of play

I would like to see clay,Knox and south healthy. :popcorn:
  •  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next